Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Microsoft Extended Showcase 2022: Starfield and Pentiment

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Josh Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pentiment; Pete Hines; Starfield

After Sunday's Starfield and Pentiment reveals, it looks like there aren't going to be any further RPG announcements of significance this summer. However, we did get to hear a bit more about those two titles during today's Xbox Games Showcase Extended, where Microsoft shoves various additional features that were left out of the main event. They brought in Pete Hines to talk more about Starfield and about what make a Bethesda RPG more generally. The general gist of it is: See that planet? You can fly to it with your customizable spaceship. Later on, they unveiled a three minute Pentiment dev diary video featuring Josh Sawyer and artist Hannah Kennedy, who spoke about the game's premise and visual style.

Barring any surprises, that's probably it for this summer's gaming festivities. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Well, Pentiment has an art style I don't think I can subject myself to for very long. Also in the interview with the artist, that style of speaking with rising intonation at the end of every sentence is so annoying. Still, the name of the rose PC game is slightly interesting. Damn racists setting it in historic Germany to avoid black characters, we see what you're doing here lol

jdinatale

Cipher
4WxOxcj_d.webp

Frodo is that you?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
After Sunday's Starfield and Pentiment reveals, it looks like there aren't going to be any further RPG announcements

its cute what passes for an RPG nowadays

you have industrial console port and algorithmic garbage
and CYOA java game by a loser

Ill take my Renaissance era RPGs thank you

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Picking what games you are interested based on developer physiognomy is some of the worst mental rot imaginable.
You are quick to calumny and casting odium on an entire scientific field but I am curious, do you have any real arguments against it that have not been retroactively refuted by recent advances machine learning? Surely you must have good reason to think one cannot judge with astonishing accuracy the character of a person from their genetic makeup and why you think you know better than the ancients, that one cannot go by 面相 to learn anything and why the cutting edge technology that is now being employed to massive datasets is also wrong. Surely you must have a religious reason and assume the primacy of the human soul, no? I do not see how one could oppose it from a purely materialist position. However, assuming form comes before matter one is still inclined to think this is a valid field.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Picking what games you are interested based on developer physiognomy is some of the worst mental rot imaginable.
You are quick to calumny and casting odium on an entire scientific field but I am curious, do you have any real arguments against it that have not been retroactively refuted by recent advances machine learning? Surely you must have good reason to think one cannot judge with astonishing accuracy the character of a person from their genetic makeup and why you think you know better than the ancients, that one cannot go by 面相 to learn anything and why the cutting edge technology that is now being employed to massive datasets is also wrong. Surely you must have a religious reason and assume the primacy of the human soul, no? I do not see how one could oppose it from a purely materialist position. However, assuming form comes before matter one is still inclined to think this is a valid field.
If there is a meal in front of me, I won't ask for a picture of the chef. I'll taste it to find out if I like it. Because I am not a complete utter 60 IQ retard.
Similar with video games.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If there is a meal in front of me, I won't ask for a picture of the chef. I'll taste it to find out if I like it. Because I am not a complete utter 60 IQ retard.
Similar with video games.
Congrats on not being able to recognize patterns as well as a 60 IQ retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom