Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might & Magic Showdown, a tabletop-like PvP arena game - lol cancelled

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the popamole is this

Might & Magic Showdown Revealed

Your guess is as good as mine on what the publisher's actual plans are, when we'll get an official announcement, and whether any RPG elements will be present in the title, but it's at least worth mentioning that the in-game Ubisoft San Francisco office within Watch Dogs 2 features an obvious Easter egg for an unannounced title called Might & Magic Showdown.

The armored warrior holding a flaming sword indicates that it'll be based in fantasy and the number of "2019" seems to point to a targeted release year, but the name suggests that we could be waiting nearly 3 years for a hybrid of some kind. Check it out and see what you think:

Comte

Its Acromage the exciting new card game from Ubisoft the creators of Might and Magic. Earn awards and trophies as you challenge other players from around the world in a unique online card game.

catfood

AGAIN
Its Acromage the exciting new card game from Ubisoft the creators of Might and Magic. Earn awards and trophies as you challenge other players from around the world in a unique online card game.
Ubishit already has a M&M card game though.

EDIT: whoops, it appears they closed it down last month.

ColCol

Arcane
I can't picture a card game or a forgettable multiplayer experience being not only teased but teased two years ahead of a release. I can see it being a skyrim-like or dark magic game. Yet, who am I kidding, ubisoft lives to disappoint.

Durwyn

Prophet
Nah, THQ Nordic or Paradox will buy the rights to M&M franchise eventually, mark my words.

I'm not saying that anything good will come of this, still they couldn't fuck it up worse than Ubisoft.

pippin

still they couldn't fuck it up worse than Ubisoft.

In some countries of the world Ubisoft has retained the Might and Magic franchise since day one I believe, even as publishers. I don't think they will let it go anytime soon.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Ubisoft ruined Might & magic... Those bastards!

No, 3do did...

-MM9? Shit
-HoMM4? Charming, but shit.
-Crappy MM action game? Warriors of MM.

Oh know! UbiSoft is making an online shooter with the MM license, you say? Well, 3do got them beat. It was called Legends of MM. I bet I'm the only fag who has played that shit.

Hyperion

Arcane
At the very least there should be a warning about watching this turd with the volume off. What marketing dipshit honestly thought 5 straight minutes of a fucking raid siren was a good idea?

What could go wrong with Might and Magic when their target audience is Wiz Khalifa with a drone on his back? :negative:

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Didn't they milk everything there was to milk from M&M franchise?

Come to think of it M&MXL was sort of attempt to make a good game, so maybe now they feel they can do another shit one.

Ubisoft ruined Might & magic... Those bastards!

No, 3do did...

-MM9? Shit
-HoMM4? Charming, but shit.
-Crappy MM action game? Warriors of MM.

Oh know! UbiSoft is making an online shooter with the MM license, you say? Well, 3do got them beat. It was called Legends of MM. I bet I'm the only fag who has played that shit.

I played Legends of Might and Magic. It was sort of interesting the way the tried to take the Counter-Strike style economy of items and introduce neutral grinding mobs. I vaguely remember thinking that the level design was okay,but that it was super held back by how underpopulated the servers were. I also remember that there were.... 3 game modes(?) but that people only ever played the Rescue the hostages Princess mode.

BTW, out of all the shitty M&M spinoffs you forgot perhaps the shittiest: Cruasders of Might and Magic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom