Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

BTW, Pirou had this to say about the whole debacle recently:

My French is bad, but my understanding is he is basically implying Limbic staff went out of their way to dig up an old internal build of the game that existed prior to the DRM implementation. Which is... very weird and in no way explains why users would still be having problems accessing the content. I haven't had time to test my own copy yet to see if I'm still locked out of progression past Act 1, but I've always had a positive impression of Pirou; he seems like a good dude who wants to make/play good games and wishes there were more people out there making/playing good games.

So yeah, can't confirm, but this has the scent of more general UbisoftFuckery on it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
implying Limbic staff went out of their way to dig up an old internal build of the game that existed prior to the DRM implementation. Which is... very weird and in no way explains why users would still be having problems accessing the content.
Maybe they have multiple digital SKUs of the game on their servers and have not updated all of them, or maybe they did not correctly distribute the new build to all servers yet. I am waiting for yet another reply from support.

EDIT: Holy shit, now they want a photo of my game key from the box - this is beyond ridiculous (I am sure they can see my product code in their system). I am going to conduct an archeological expedition in my attic to help them solve an issue that THEY caused.
:0-13:

Last edited:

Sinatar

Arbiter
implying Limbic staff went out of their way to dig up an old internal build of the game that existed prior to the DRM implementation. Which is... very weird and in no way explains why users would still be having problems accessing the content.
Maybe they have multiple digital SKUs of the game on their servers and have not updated all of them, or maybe they did not correctly distribute the new build to all servers yet. I am waiting for yet another reply from support.

EDIT: Holy shit, now they want a photo of my game key from the box - this is beyond ridiculous (I am sure they can see my product code in their system). I am going to conduct an archeological expedition in my attic to help them solve an issue that THEY caused.
:0-13:

The fix is only on Steam, if you have it elsewhere you gotta wait.

Rarre

Educated
This game is a buggy mess... Hard to make It work and now fighting mamushi every time "she" push you from sides the game gets buggy and you can't move or act...
Translation is buggy and you can only save in english.
Savegames can get bugged for other reasons
etc
etc

Really I am the only one experiencing this??

The game is good, terrible art style but... nice gameplay...

Adenocaulon

Educated
This game is a buggy mess... Hard to make It work and now fighting mamushi every time "she" push you from sides the game gets buggy and you can't move or act...
Translation is buggy and you can only save in english.
Savegames can get bugged for other reasons
etc
etc

Really I am the only one experiencing this??

The game is good, terrible art style but... nice gameplay...

The only problem I had playing the game in spanish was a visual bug where the enemies flicker while using my dedicated gpu. I switched to the integrated card and solved the problem.

This was previous to the recent problem

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just FYI, after around a week of back and forth with Ubisoft Support, yesterday they told me to re-install the game and Ubisoft Connect YET AGAIN. Before I was able to do that, when I logged into the launcher, MMX updated itself and the problem seems to be (finally) fixed.

47bCIkj.jpeg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Recommend me a good accesible blobber to play instead plz...

Another bug to the list https://af.gog.com/forum/heroes_of_might_and_magic_series/elemental_forge_inaccessible?as=1649904300...

Accessible may have a different meaning depending on your previous experiences.
And i don't know what you played before.

Besides Amberland, there's the whole Might & Magic series, Isles of Terra (III) is a great entry point, then either World of Xeen (IV +V) or the "3D" trilogy 6, 7 and 8 and Wizardry 6/7 & 8 (get the mandatory fixes for modern computers, wizfast, fastanim and eventually low frame rate fix).

Rarre

Educated
Thx guys, probably I will continue a bit MyM X... I like It but don't love It... I wanted an easy blobber to begin with... but will move to amberland or wizardry 8 soon

Thx guys

newtmonkey

Arcane
I'd recommend Amberland as a good first blobber. It's simple but the exploration is fun, and it should only take 15 hours or so to complete it.

M&MX is a decent game, but it's quite long and I found it to get very repetitive after the first chapter. Exploration is a bit dull for a while, but the game opens up at the midway point, and then again toward the end.

Rarre

Educated
I'd recommend Amberland as a good first blobber. It's simple but the exploration is fun, and it should only take 15 hours or so to complete it.

M&MX is a decent game, but it's quite long and I found it to get very repetitive after the first chapter. Exploration is a bit dull for a while, but the game opens up at the midway point, and then again toward the end.

I just began act 2 on hard, If It gets repetitive by the next hours I will move to Amberland looks fine!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Ah, nice. I was hoping that would help someone, especially a fellow nutball Codexer such as yourself.

Edit: btw, that fix does indeed eradicate that irritating shimmering for each and every monster in the game.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The game still suffers from some technical glitches, namely the solvable one above and, a much more serious one, the fact that the Ubisoft servers for M&M X are no longer running, so many people have reported losing relics mid-game and the inability to continue past a certain point due to the game needing to validate itself using a non-existent server.

Grunker, can you comment on the latter? Is that still a problem, or is there a work-around for that now?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The game still suffers from some technical glitches, namely the solvable one above and, a much more serious one, the fact that the Ubisoft servers for M&M X are no longer running, so many people have reported losing relics mid-game and the inability to continue past a certain point due to the game needing to validate itself using a non-existent server.

Grunker, can you comment on the latter? Is that still a problem, or is there a work-around for that now?

AFAIK the DRM-stuff was fixed, but I’ve only just reached Kilburn. I haven’t lost any relics so far, but I’m not using the ones from the uplay store (at least not yet).

Main gitches are the one you fixed, some weird HDR behavior with certain lights, and then ambient sound cutting out/music replaying/volumes changing, but I believe the sound glitches have always been there.

Finally, the game allows alt-tabbing but will crash after 20-30 times doing it.

Besides those quips, it’s playing smoothly. They even changed how loading works entirely and replaced the pretty loading wheel of death with a generic fantasy splash art. Loading is definitely quicker than the insanity at release, but then again I am on a monster PC here.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I hope you don't reach some point where it requires calling home. Even still, I think there was some workaround for that in case it's still a problem. I'd have to search for it.

Edit:

Actually, Fluent reminded me of this in Shoutbox:

Might & Magic X - Legacy Announcement On June 1st, we made the decision to remove Might & Magic X – Legacy from sale following an unexpected issue that occurred after we shut down various services for security reasons, which prevented players to access some parts of the game and its DLCs. Our teams have spent the last few months investigating and testing the different solutions to make sure player players’ experience lives up to our standards in terms of quality of service. Today, we’re happy to announce that all conditions are met to bring the game back to the Ubisoft Store and to Steam, and that new and returning players can now venture into the wide and mysterious world of Ashan again. In addition to the base game, we also took this opportunity to give all fans of Might & Magic X: Legacy the freedom to extend their adventure by accessing the DLC “The Falcon & the Unicorn”, entirely for free.

So that might not be an issue any longer.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I hope you don't reach some point where it requires calling home. Even still, I think there was some workaround for that in case it's still a problem. I'd have to search for it.

I looked up fixes for that before starting and it looked to be fixed, so the fixes should no longer be necessary. We’ll see.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
ffs I should have looked at the first post on this page.

Disregard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom