Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mindx2's PC game collection v3.0

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's your favorite box mindx2 ?

And what box came with the coolest stuff?
Wow, that's a tough question... I don't know if there is just one favorite but three popped into my head whenever I read your question. I love the box for Might & Magic VI LE as the artwork is gorgeous and the box itself has a unique texture to it. It also came packed with maps from all the previous M&M games and I LOVE maps! So speaking of maps the Ultima games have by far the best. Those classic THICK cloth maps were large and just screamed "Let's go explore." I have the fondest memory of opening ULTIMA VI box and pulling out those in-universe manuals and reading the "history" of Britania and feeling how in-depth this world seemed. Then finding the Moonstone! One other that was pretty cool was finding a miniature tool kit inside the Autoduel box. Origin really knew how to make them back then!

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice pic, the mosquitos that flew by the screen said it was some cool shit. I'd like to check it out too. Do you happen to have a human-size resolution?
Here are some better pictures that show each game and companion clue book/guide (if any):
s01.jpg s02.jpg s03.jpg s04.jpg s05.jpg s06.jpg

Ninjerk

Arcane
Custom. Someone over in Europe made them and the Herione's Quest one. He even created a cloth map for Grimrock II!

Unless you find a cheap old boxed game in some fleamarket or garage sale, there's really no reason to go and pay those scam prices. Just print a box by yourself, it will be cheaper, and it will also be a creative process.

Could be a cool "subgenre" of art...

mindx2 I don't suppose you'd be willing to adopt someone and add them to your will if your kids don't appreciate video games...? Just kidding!

unless

Hnry_07

Barely Literate
When the world shut down in March 2020 I ended up with a lot of time on my hands (metaphorically speaking). No longer having to pay college tuition and nothing else to really spend money on with everything closed I needed to fill that void.
I'm spending a lot of money on it. I'm a student, and I can't stop buying these things. If we talk about my budget, 60% spendings are games, 20% I spend on this source with writing tasks help, and all I have at the end - food. To me, education is so important, and I enjoy it, but my game collection is a real passion. I hope I'll make big money after 20 years when I decide to sell it.

mindx2

Patron
I'm spending a lot of money on it. I'm a student, and I can't stop buying these things. If we talk about my budget, 60% spendings are games, 20% I spend on this source with writing tasks help, and all I have at the end - food. To me, education is so important, and I enjoy it, but my game collection is a real passion. I hope I'll make big money after 20 years when I decide to sell it.
Well my old collection went to paying my daughters tuition (mine was many, may years ago) so it was worth it. She now makes more money then I do!!! :martini:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Though why would you collect something like Descent to Undermountain?

mindx2

Patron
For some reason I've always had a soft spot for this game even though it's not very good. One of the main things I remember was it mentions "Something happening in Baldur's Gate" in the main tavern at the beginning. A small nod to what was to come. I also remember one of the developers on his own time released a patch years later trying to fix the game but not sure you could ever fix this one.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's not that bad. My only gripe is with Siege of Dragonpear, those beamdog fuckers managed to lure the veteran boxoholics with their big box containing their crappy game.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Well. I bought a sealed box of Planescape: Torment. That's my big box collection.
It's in italian because there was a moment when italian copies flooded internet actions. Probably some italian storage wars situation.

Oh, I also have - I think it's my first game box, I must have spent all my pocket money - a copy of Riven. State: papier mache.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's not that bad. My only gripe is with Siege of Dragonpear, those beamdog fuckers managed to lure the veteran boxoholics with their big box containing their crappy game.

They had dice, goddammit! It's not my fault!

It's a nice box for sure. Some of the best collectors editions in recent years were single efforts by companies doing 1-off releases. Compared to the shitty collectors editions you get for kickstarter games, they rule

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom