Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

ElectricOtter

OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING

But seriously. It's fucking awesome. Like a 3D dwarf fortress. And the alpha is only €9.95. And there is a free version.

We need a codex server pronto.

Codex Server

DarkUnderlord said:
Thanks to Muty, the Codex now has a Minecraft server.

It's working off a whitelist so all those interested have to post here with their Minecraft username so we can add you.

We'll then PM the server's IP address to you. That way when it gets griefed to all buggery, at least it'll be Codexers doing the griefing so we'll have a good range of cocks and swastikas maybe.

Auto-Generated Server Maps

Dynamic Map: http://media.partyeye.com:8123/

The following maps are auto generated every hour (they're big, right-click and save as).

Oblique: http://media.partyeye.com/mc/map.png

Isometric: http://media.partyeye.com/mc/isomap.png

ElectricOtter

Satori said:
Heard about this, all you do is tinker with Lego yes?
Well the Classic version is pretty much like this, but it's still really fun, the alpha is a lot different. More like Dwarf Fortress: mine shit, build fortress to survive monsters. Plus you can craft items.

1281822297863.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ElectricOtter said:
Satori said:
Heard about this, all you do is tinker with Lego yes?
Well the Classic version is pretty much like this, but it's still really fun, the alpha is a lot different. More like Dwarf Fortress: mine shit, build fortress to survive monsters. Plus you can craft items.

H&H is better MP DF-like game - it's MMO, so there are hundreds of players in-game, there are dozens (maybe hundreds?) things to make/build and it's easy to create actual villages with active community.

ChristofferC

Magister
It'spretty crazy that the minecraft developer is making hundreds of thousands of euros a day from a modified open source game... The infinicraft developes gotta be pretty envious.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Re: MINECRAFT

ElectricOtter said:
Like a 3D dwarf fortress.

Nope. Still far even from the adventure mode feature wise. You can just build build build and build. And nothing else. The world is empty (not counting a few animals and a few monsters). Hopefully as this is only alpha they will make it more like a frontend to Dwarf Fortress, but as of now there is no point in playing it.

Luzur

Good Sir
i "bought" indev latest version from TPB.

it is a the best store to "buy" online from.

Nope. Still far even from the adventure mode feature wise. You can just build build build and build. And nothing else. The world is empty (not counting a few animals and a few monsters). Hopefully as this is only alpha they will make it more like a frontend to Dwarf Fortress, but as of now there is no point in playing it.

Minecraft indev gets boring after you built your fifth stone tower/empty village from all the rocks you collect while digging for stuff in the underworld.

and online you just go around the servers building swastikas and troll.

Destroid

Arcane
ChristofferC said:
It'spretty crazy that the minecraft developer is making hundreds of thousands of euros a day from a modified open source game... The infinicraft developes gotta be pretty envious.

That's what you get when you don't release your code under a licence that prohibits selling it.

roll-a-die

Magister
Destroid said:
ChristofferC said:

That's what you get when you don't release your code under a licence that prohibits selling it.
Eh, it disgusts me how wrong that image is. A, infiniminer, C++/.NET, XNA TOOLKIT, Minecraft, JAVA, LWJGE. BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG Difference, notch coded most/all of Minecraft himself. Inifiniminer was just the inspiration.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Indev (and infdev) have been phased out, it's Alpha now. And no, multiplayer still isn't as complete as single player, there's no damage (so no point in monsters either, most servers have them disabled), lots of stuff either works poorly or not at all etc.

Destroid

Arcane
Apparently someone on the bay12 forums has made a program that converts dwarf fortress maps into minecraft maps.

Zomg

Arbiter
Between Minecraft and Recceteer every indie developer is going to live and die on how well they shill a hole in the internet on 4chan/Something Awful/Gamefaqs/whatever other forum is currently a big mindlessly enthused nerdhole until everywhere is as cynical as the Codex, glorious

Luzur

Good Sir
if we ever get that minecraft codex server all we will do is build oldschool dungeons and towers and fling brinks at eachother

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How exactly does that differ from what we do now?

> FLING ROCK AT LUZUR

YOUR ROCK CRITICALLY HITS LUZUR FOR 83 POINTS OF DaMAGE. LUZUR IS BLEEDING.

>
blinkingcursor.gif

ironyuri

Ulminati said:
How exactly does that differ from what we do now?

> FLING ROCK AT LUZUR

YOUR ROCK CRITICALLY HITS LUZUR FOR 83 POINTS OF DaMAGE. LUZUR IS BLEEDING.

>
blinkingcursor.gif

Luzur said brinks:

BRINK.jpg

Not rocks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I was all out of brinks, so I went with something that had the same entertainment level and aerodynamic properties.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Re: MINECRAFT

DarkUnderlord said:
ElectricOtter said:
We need a codex server pronto.
Sorry, Codex server cannot into Java¹.

¹Yet...

I was just going to make thread about that.
Is there enough interest for KKKodex minecrack server. I can host one.

I'm running one atm, and have the resources to start another.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Can I torrent this and play it online?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom