Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Is the server up? Trying to connect on a moving bus with 3G.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Server will be running 1.4 until bukkit update is released - which won't happen until 1.5 becomes somewhere near stable for SMP.

You can login if you have 1.4. If you have 1.5, here's how you downgrade:
  1. Download minecraft.jar v1.4 (I found it online so it may be full of viruses and steal your credit card number, who knows. Seems fine for me so far).
  2. Find your Minecraft bin/ folder. (On Vista, mine was in C:\Users\DarkUnderlord\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin)
  3. Rename the "minecraft.jar" file that's in there to something else (like add _15 on the end, you're smart figure it out).
  4. Copy the downloaded minecraft.jar into the directory.
  5. Enjoy!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
The server is up and running with bukkit for 1.5_02, its a test build so I'm not sure how stable it is, but I'm around and I'll switch it back to the old version if it is crashing too much. So far it looks ok.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Pplz! Come and make funny tombstone writings in my underground graveyard! I you can think of something fitting for the dead of the Codexia, the entrance is under the arena (garren's place, go all the way down), there's also a chest with signposts in them.

Add yours today!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
BlpSr.jpg

This sucks, where's the snowfall? I can't make a snowcastle like this! :x

riptide

Scholar
This is pretty odd. You are in a snow covered biome... You might want to check the forums if rain also falls in snow biomes beside snow.

edit: Here is the official Minecraft Wiki weather page: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Weather.

Bugs

Occasionally, in an area with many biome changes, the rain will appear to fall onto snow whilst not melting it.
Sometimes rain falls in snow biomes.
When rain puts out a fire on Advanced OpenGL the area will stay lit (as though the fire is still there).
When lightning strikes, ice, water, portals, rain, snow, and other particles behind it become see through.

You're experiencing bug, it seems.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Tbh, I kind of find the snow biomes lacking anyway - they're just like regular woodland except with a layer of snow on top. A proper glacial biome (full snow blocks, and completely frozen lakes instead of just top layer of ice, as well as snow & ice beneath the surface in caves) could be really nice.

Like this (edited map):

y0dQf.jpg

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Halp! I cannot join for lack of finding the entrance!

I thought sending Muty a PM was a good idea, but I am beginning to suspect I was wrong. :/

Xi

Arcane
Also, please add this poor bastard to the list, and PM him your details:

Name: Xidex

Edit:

2010918 purchases! Damn, I bet EA is taking notes.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Please restrict server to Codexers with at least a couple of hundred of posts.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
9uUyD.jpg

Oh so the lightning lit up some tree, well no biggie, I'm sure the rain will...

lErGH.jpg

gKq33.jpg

:rage:

riptide

Scholar
Burn, baby! BURN!

You could just replant those trees by yourself. Saplings are easy to come by.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Claw said:
Halp! I cannot join for lack of finding the entrance!

I thought sending Muty a PM was a good idea, but I am beginning to suspect I was wrong. :/

Sorry dude, I was busy as fuck the last few weeks. I saw your pm, but I forgot to reply :oops:
The IP the you found was probably correct, but the server was down for some time. In any case it is: 78.83.251.126 or media.partyeye.com
What's your minecraft username?

Xi said:
Also, please add this poor bastard to the list, and PM him your details:

Name: Xidex

Edit:

2010918 purchases! Damn, I bet EA is taking notes.

Added to the whitelist.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Luzur

Good Sir
hmmm, is it me or have blackscreen increased since the update?

usually i am allowed an hour or more of gameplay before it happens, now its just some 15 min.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I never get that... What's your system specs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom