Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
It must be you, tr to go to settings video and switch rendering to fast

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
GAH! Lost my laser, diamond drill, and jetpack!

The Laser was set to explosive :x

Anyway...its only me, intern89(or something) temp and INZ that gone completely asperger and built/created a ton of shit.

Would it be that much of a bother to import in some structures through MC edit :M

deus101

OH YEAH!

KakerMix said:
Specifically THIS one. Its a little wonky, the texture work uses vanilla stand-ins, the GUI itself is fucked up (want an extension of your map going west? Whoops! East instead :haw: ) but it's awesome just the same.

Also just updated is RailCraft which is already in TechnicMP, but this new version has elevator rails (!) and BuildCraft tanker carts (!!!) so now a way to transport liquids without a billion buckets, those janky teleport pipes OR some broken airship mod.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I checked it and they changed some of the IDs, I may try but it won't work with MCedit I'm almost sure about that. I'll zip the world and post it here if its going to help you.

So back on topic. I've been playing around the whole day with mods and stuff and I updated most of the mods included in the TechnicMP and I used their installer to add the new mods for our server. On top of that I managed to get everything to work with bukkit so that we won't lose all the serverside plugins like npcs and etc.

I've been thinking about this and I would say that its best if we stick to this world. No need to wait for 1.9 as there aren't any upcoming changes expected for the world generator. So here it is from me: this is going to be the new permanent world. Don't be afraid about losing your shit after a few days like it just happened.

In order to join you have to:

1st. Delete your mods folder from %appdata%\.minecraft if you already installed the technicmp pack, otherwise your client won't start.

2nd. Download: http://headsh0t.me/mc/RPGCodex_MCInstaller.zip and extract it somewhere

3rd. Install it just like you install the technicMP client: doubleclick technic_installer.jar click set folder and choose the location of your .minecraft folder.

That's it you are ready to join.

Let me know if you have any problems installing those mods.

deus101

Muty, here are some replies i got.

KakerMix said:
54.4 crowns said:
:fap:

Regarding updating...would you post patches for minor updates and add-on's.

Actually, my main concern is when the next revision of technicMP comes out, will the blockid's remain consistent. Or will there be major shifts like it was when you upgraded technic pack from version3 to 4.

The people on RPGCodex are lazy fucks that can't be bothered to start on a new map every month or so.

Block IDs should be static now. The big reason there was a huge shift between v3 and v4 Technic was because a lot of mods shifted out and around. Notch also took up some block IDs that used to be free, further complicating things.

As it stands now, v4 (and Technic MP as well) have a solid list of things that shouldn't shift around unless the mod itself changes things (ala Minefactory Reloaded). If we add anything it will go into free blocks that we have set aside.

Killer-of-Lawyers said:
54.4 crowns said:
The guy that runs the server i play on was thinking of adding craftbukkit(for the webmap, NPC's and various other small functions). He has got it to work, but i just wonder if there are any pitfalls i should warn him about.

We also came with the idea about modding the mod pack installer, to make our own local client version.
So that we can update the newest mods at our whim.

He then complicates the matters by wanting to add Mo'creatures.
It is SMP but I think you had your reason for not including in TechnicMP.

Now excuse me while i try to twist his arm to get him to paste in our structures to the new map.

It didn't get included because it requires bukkit, and we don't have tekkit yet.

We're waiting on the farming mod.

deus101

Hoaxmetal said:
The requested URL /mc/RPGCodex_MCInstaller.zip was not found on this server.
yeah, what gives.

AH there we go!

GAH! you forgot the the railcraft update and that new wall map mod!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
yes that's why the link was down also I got mo's creatures working . Give me 5 minutes. I'll post an update. The map mod won't work fo now we'll have to wait for it to get porrted to craftbukkit I think.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
OK link is up. Sorry about that, I wanted to add one more mod to it.

If you already downloaded it, you'll have to get it again.

And to repeat the steps needed to join on this opage too:

1st. Delete your mods folder from %appdata%\.minecraft if you already installed the technicmp pack, otherwise your client won't start.

2nd. Download: http://headsh0t.me/mc/RPGCodex_MCInstaller.zip and extract it somewhere

3rd. Install it just like you install the technicMP client: doubleclick technic_installer.jar click set folder and choose the location of your .minecraft folder.

deus101

well...here's for the first crash....

And you still haven't updated railcraft : x

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
ITZ UP and the weird thing is that it didn't crash, it just shut down gracefully like when you send the command for restart. Must be the autorestart script. No idea why it didn't start again after that. One more thing is that it was running on just 1gb ram, increased the limits for the VM, lets see how it goes.

You are welcome :rpgcodex:

Temaperacl

Erudite
Odd behaviour - the server seems to be in the same state again (unreachable).

Both times occured immediately after hitting a cat (That is, I've hit a cat with a sword 2 times and both times the server became immediately unresponsive).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Temaperacl's kitten-massacring ways must've indeed crashed the server.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Temaperacl said:
Odd behaviour - the server seems to be in the same state again (unreachable).

Both times occured immediately after hitting a cat (That is, I've hit a cat with a sword 2 times and both times the server became immediately unresponsive).

OK the server shut down because it ran out of memory. Not sure if its a memory leak or if its just normal to gobble up 8gb ram and die. I'll check it out and disable the kittens if thats causing the crashes.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech

garren

Arcane
Patron
This server is the real deal, there isn't gonna be another one (unless discussed). Install the mod in muty's signature and join the fun. The mods are really fun.

Regarding 1.9, The overworld/mainland map isn't gonna change in 1.9, so the map is good. Just some new nether stuff is coming, but we can sort that out when the patch hits the servers.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Is that so? I'd rather not play with a bunch of mods. I kind of liked the "skill up" mod but I generally don't like usermade content. You guys have fun, I'll join some other MC server once retail version or whatever hits. Or just play SP.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Zed said:
Is that so? I'd rather not play with a bunch of mods. I kind of liked the "skill up" mod but I generally don't like usermade content. You guys have fun, I'll join some other MC server once retail version or whatever hits. Or just play SP.

Give it a try, you might even like it. Not like you have to do the mod stuff if you don't want to, it's just there to give you more options.

Oh and would it be possible to have the crafting book on the server? Not the shit Risugami one, but Shockah's version - it comes with the Technic pack after all and would make it easier especially for those not so familiar with all the mods.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Weird, I log in and then it basically freezes after 3 seconds, I can move around but It's like I've already been disconnected. Tried fresh install of MC and minimal install of the mod pack but it's still the same :<

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom