Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks and feels so good. And they will fuck it up! This is how they torture us. First, they make trailes which gives us a glimpse of hope, and then they will fuck it up!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reviews are coming in.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-06-mirrors-edge-catalyst-review

Mirror's Edge Catalyst review
Faith no more.

jpg

DICE's reboot of a flawed modern classic fixes old problems while introducing new ones all of its own.

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before. Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a game of high ambition that is capable of awe-inspiring moments, and one that's all too often undone by a series of suspect design decisions and some truly atrocious combat. It's almost as if, in returning to the much-loved but flawed 2008 original, developer DICE chose to stick a little too closely to an original recipe that called for two parts awesome washed out by two parts awful, introducing some new, even bigger problems all of its own in this troubled open world reboot.

Much has changed for this new Mirror's Edge, but some things stay the same. Faith Connors continues to be one of gaming's great character designs still left in search of a half-decent story: this time out she's a runner fresh out of a detention centre - or 'juvie' as it is in Catalyst's awkward script - and getting reacquainted with the network of runners who stalk the city's skyline in what clumsily ends up an origins tale for future games in the series. Whether they come to pass likely depends on the success of Catalyst, and it does little to endear itself to those who weren't already in thrall to the original.

Faith herself remains the same, an avatar of fleet-footed athleticism who propels the first-person platforming through which Mirror's Edge Catalyst truly soars. At its very best, Catalyst builds upon 2008's Mirror's Edge to create something frequently remarkable: set-pieces within the story missions nestled within the world push the player towards dizzy heights, deciphering their handsomely stylised surroundings with Faith's vocabulary of wall-runs, wall-jumps and mantling. There are moments, when the momentum slows and you're at the foot of an office building figuring out how to get from one point to another, where Catalyst is reminiscent of the excellent Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, in which platforming meets a light sense of puzzling to create one delicious whole.

jpg

In screens Catalyst looks fine, but in motion the image quality takes a hit, on console at least. It's still able to stick mostly to 60fps, though.

There are moments, too, where Catalyst combines style and a slick sense of verticality to create something uniquely exciting; a ride stolen on a helicopter above the city's heights, or a late nod to notorious high-wire walker Philippe Petit in which you gingerly step between buildings on a narrow rope, staring nervously into the abyss below. It's all you could have hoped for from a Mirror's Edge sequel, doubling down on what made the original work and providing more of it, with a dash more spectacle.

The sense of motion is, once more, exquisite, told by the weighty sway of the camera as you reach the peak of your sprint, and the glorious sound design as the soles of Faith's feet tread softly on concrete, the whistle of wind in her ears as she falls through the air and the palm-stinging snap of gravel as she lands. Movement, in short, is a treat, but it's all undercut by the problem of there being nowhere interesting to move to.

By rights The City of Glass that plays host to Catalyst should be the star of the show, but instead it's characterless by design, a world smoothed to an impossible sheen by the pantomime corporations you rally against. It's a modernist nightmare of straight angles and anonymity, the city as dreamt up by a Le Corbusier gone positively mad. Unfortunately, it's got all the charm and personality of a second-string airport, where bland spaces meld into each other in one forgettable, unremarkable whole.

jpg

There's a slim promise of gear-gating in the new unlocking abilities that's never quite fulfilled - Faith isn't quite Samus, at least not just yet.

As a piece of open world design, Mirror's Edge Catalyst falls entirely flat. The city feels like an afterthought, filled with half-hearted ideas and lazily appropriated systems that make for an awkward fit. There are safe houses to be unlocked for easy fast travel. There's a wanted system whereby you must escape the sights of the city's law enforcement, but it's fuzzy and fussy. There are side missions, though they're often simply repetitive races across the city, while mindless, meaningless collectibles are scattered liberally about. Those collectibles, meanwhile, feel mostly worthless - security chips stolen from panels do little more than tot up XP, while the golden orbs that float around the city would feel like a nod to Crackdown if they were tied into any meaningful sense of progression. It's a soulless checklist of features.

Faith, meanwhile, has many of her abilities locked behind an XP-fuelled system for seemingly no reason other than that's what's expected of a lead character in a contemporary video game. You can sense DICE's heart isn't quite in it; many of her abilities are unlocked from the off, with moves like the forward roll that helps soften a heavy fall available within only a handful of hours of play. All of which makes you question why the system's there in the first place.

It's a strange answer to the problems of the original Mirror's Edge, a game whose originality was obscured by the imposition of combat that only muddied the brilliance of the core. DICE's solution to that particular problem, somewhat tragically, ends up as Catalyst's single biggest failing. In a noble attempt to sidestep the gunplay of the original, Catalyst completely forgoes firearms, opting instead for a freeform first-person melee system. Unfortunately, it's a system that's broken at the point of concept as well as execution.

jpg

Towards the end of Catalyst, the game gives up on its free-running premise, relying too heavily on a mag rope for cumbersome, uninspired trawls.

Theoretically, Mirror's Edge Catalyst's combat is powered by the same momentum that's at the heart of the game - you can string attacks into your free-running, taking down enemy soldiers while on the move without breaking the rhythm of your run. That's the theory, anyway. In practice it's a slapstick mess, enemies lunging towards you and cluttering over each other with all the poise of preschool toddlers. The nearest equivalent is the popular party game Gang Beasts - a comparison it's doubtful DICE was inviting when designing its new system. The combat isn't optional, sadly, with several enclosed skirmishes barring the way through Catalyst's story (including the most miserable one which is saved for the very end). It's all enough to make you pine for a gun.

If DICE fumbles in its attempts at combat, it's at least on surer footing elsewhere, and for all the city's faults it's salvaged by its smart, frictionless online that allows players to create and compete in their own time trials. Here, more so than ever before, the promise of free-running feels like it's properly fulfilled. There's a city before you; now go and subvert it. It's fitting that Catalyst's most interesting feature places the power with its players; those same fans, you feel, that helped make a follow-up to the 2008 Mirror's Edge possible.

What a shame, then, that it's an all-too-familiar tale for this sequel. The original Mirror's Edge was always a great idea somewhat obscured - how frustrating to find Catalyst polishes the premise only to find itself burdened with a new set of shackles. It's a slight reward for those who've kept Faith, but this is a sequel that's too often lacking grace.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.pcgamer.com/mirrors-edge-catalyst-review/

MIRROR'S EDGE CATALYST REVIEW

I’m delighted that I’ve lived long enough to see a second Mirror’s Edge. The first game is one of those curios that seemed like such a weird thing for a big publisher to make: a free-running game set in a whitewashed dystopia, made by a team best known for shooters where the guns are somehow the worst bit. I was hoping Catalyst would make the first game feel like a tech demo by comparison and it does—this feels like a far more complete and refined version of the ideas in the 2008 original, though not every one of its issues has been totally fixed.

Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst is, like its predecessor, a first-person platformer focused on free-running. The big switch-up this time is that it’s set in a seamless open world playground, rather than a series of linear levels. Far from being an open world in the mold of GTA, though, this is sort of like a Zelda-style large hub, with new areas opening up over time as your toolset expands. Introduced in Catalyst is the magrope, a sort of grappling hook that attaches to specific points in the world. Acquiring this, and upgrading it, offers new ways to get around the city. While Catalyst is as intricate, complex and exhilarating when it comes to platforming as its predecessor was, a flawed new combat system sadly holds the game back from being the perfect version of Mirror’s Edge I was hoping for.

For those who loved the free-running in the first Mirror’s Edge, that all returns as you remember it, more or less. While acquiring Faith’s full moveset from the first game takes about an hour to unlock within the game’s new tech tree, this’ll give your muscle memory time to readjust to how fast Mirror’s Edge is. It’s been almost eight years, after all. Running up walls, sliding under pipes and performing saving rolls from great heights still requires precise timing and sharp instincts—this is exactly what I loved about the first Mirror’s Edge, and it’s all intact.

There’s nothing else quite like it. I kick Assassin’s Creed a lot when talking about this series, but I can’t help it: I think there’s so much more merit in a platforming-heavy game that requires skill, rather than one where you press just a couple of buttons to leap through an entire world. If you actually have to concentrate while you’re running through a world, you appreciate your surroundings more, and it actually feels rewarding just to travel from one place to another. I think the relative difficulty of platforming in Mirror’s Edge means it’s one of those series that’s always destined to be misunderstood by some players—yet for those who get it, nothing else will be able to provide the same rush.

Catalyst recaptures that, aided enormously by a lovely open world that starts small-ish then gets pretty big. Areas are divided into districts that unlock over the course of the story, each coloured a little bit differently, with some nice variation in architecture and props. The gorgeously purple and very posh Regatta Bay looks like a slice of Ilium from Mass Effect, while the Development Zone is basically a grotty construction site; other areas strongly recall levels from the first Mirror’s Edge.

Collectively, it’s stunning, as close to capturing a futuristic city experience as I’ve seen in a game, and it feels like a much more detailed version of that world you’ve just had linear snapshots of before. Travelling between these districts feels great, thanks to the way DICE conveys player movement through visual effects and sound design. Bolting through the city at an unbroken full speed, it feels a bit like running through the star gate in 2001: A Space Odyssey—a hypnotic swirl of constantly shifting colour, with Faith gliding through it. The only issue is that the dull story usually insists on having one of Faith’s buddies yammer over you exploring these places, which takes a bit away from the city’s mystique.

The magrope is a neat addition—swinging across a freeway at rush hour suddenly made me realise I’ve wanted a first-person Spider-Man game my entire life. I just wish there were more places you can use it. There aren’t many points in the world it latches onto, which is no doubt an attempt to avoid stealing the focus from the free-running. Slightly less convincing is an upgrade you get later in the game to clear new paths with the magrope by pulling panels down from walls—a timed platform puzzle or two aside, it feels like an arbitrary addition.

Going open world was the right move. The map is full of optional stuff to do—delivering parcels, or time trials, or even creating time trials and climbing challenges yourself using the simple in-game social tools—but I recommend leaving this stuff until after you’ve finished the game. A lot of it is filler, but speedrunners will lap it up.

Alongside the 10-11-hour main story, there are several sidequests to pick up, as well as a few excellent tower climbing challenges that open up fast travel points. The latter are a bit like those puzzle environments in Assassin’s Creed II, and involve skipping over tripwires and making particularly tricky jumps to reach the top of the tower in Portal-like interiors. Trip a wire, and you won’t be able to escape without fighting a few guards, too. And since fighting anyone in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst isn’t terribly fun, you’ll really feel like you’re being punished for messing these optional asides up.

In 2008, Mirror’s Edge was chewed out for its flawed combat system, which relied on disarming enemies and very basic melee attacks, as well as firing guns. Well, guns are gone, which may be welcome news—but everything else is a little more mixed. The combat is, at its most basic, superior to the first game. It works in two ways: if Faith is running at full speed, a quick tap of the light attack button will knock an enemy out of the way and she can keep running. In that sense, it’s functional and there to facilitate your free-running arsenal, and feels like the sort of thing that would’ve made a lot of sense in the first game. Faith is protected by something called a focus shield, which means you’re safe from gunfire any time you’re running at full speed. Slow down too much, and enemies will be able to take chunks off her health, but keep sprinting and you’ll be okay.

If you find there’s no option but to fight, there’s a melee system where you can punch and kick enemies in different directions of your choosing, while dodging their attacks at the same time. You can make guards tumble off buildings, as well as into each other, which damages two opponents at once. At first this new system seems cool—running across rooftops then booting a guy down to his death before escaping quickly can feel exhilarating, and it makes Faith feel like a superhero as the law enforcement pursues her, GTA-style. But after a few fights, I started to get tired of how low energy the scraps felt, and the annoying enemy types that spam you with cheap attacks.

The tech tree adds little of note to your arsenal throughout the game, except a cool scramble attack that temporarily frazzles enemies, as well as a few damage boosts to the different enemy types in the game. Why not incorporate Faith’s magrope to pull an enemy towards you for an easy knockout blow? That’s the sort of fun thing games normally do. The combat wouldn’t be so bad if you could skip every fight—almost all of the time, you can—but there are at least three mandatory encounters during the story (two take place in the exact same area). And they’re by far the worst parts of Catalyst.

In each instance, you’re dropped into enclosed environments with no escape, where you basically have to run in circles to build up momentum in order to land attacks. It doesn’t work—it’s really bad. One of Faith’s cooler moves is a Mario-like jump attack where she can land on an enemy from a height, doing a lot more damage than punching or kicking. In non-optional fights, this move is your friend, but it’s fiddly to work out how close you need to be to an enemy in order for it to actually activate, and missing one of these attacks can be enough of an error to find yourself shot dead and repeating the same section again. The sentinel, a type of elite unit introduced later in the game, is the ultimate bullshit in Catalyst: an overpowered foe with near-psychic physical attacks who takes an absolute age to beat down. On two occasions I found myself fighting multiple sentinels at once—I was sprinting around the same room again and again, trying to work up enough momentum to knock them out. It felt like it took forever, and seems like the opposite of what Mirror’s Edge is supposed to be about.

It’s frustrating, because these three fights comprise about 20-30 minutes of the entire 10-hour story, but they’re bad enough to overshadow a few of the game’s better levels. I’m surprised that these ended up in the game when the original Mirror’s Edge drew such criticism for its combat. I’d absolutely be giving Catalyst a better score without them.

These moments aside, the story route is packed with levels that are clearly superior to the first game. Catalyst takes you to a load of places outside of the main open world hub. One chapter where you’re tasked with destabilising the earthquake supports of a skyscraper, before making a fraught escape, is one of the best single-player levels I’ve played in years. The missions mix together breathtaking sights with high-pressure set pieces incredibly well. Now I’m clear of the story, too, I’m looking forward to just spending more time in that world—in a game that’s mostly about running, I find myself stopping often just to look at this amazing city skyline from different angles. Aside from some annoying stuttering and lip-syncing issues with the cutscenes, in-game it runs beautifully at 1080p 60fps on both my 970-powered work PC and my less powerful 780-powered build at home.

That’s why, despite the missteps with combat, and another storyline that is just too dry to get invested in even with well-produced cutscenes, I still recommend Catalyst. It’s annoyingly close to being the ideal Mirror’s Edge game, but retains a few of its predecessors’ issues, even if those problems have manifested in different forms. If you loved the first game as much as I did, there’s so much to enjoy about running around this big, gorgeous playground—I just wish DICE had stuck the landing.

THE VERDICT

MIRROR'S EDGE: CATALYST
Catalyst is as close to a definitive version of a Mirror’s Edge game as we’re likely to get, despite retaining some of the first game’s issues.

Chamezero

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/06/mirrors-edge-catalyst-review
MIRROR'S EDGE CATALYST REVIEW

This prequel dulls the edge that made the original great.
BY RYAN MCCAFFREY
I consider myself one of the original Mirror’s Edge’s biggest fans. The 2008 first-person parkour platformer struck me as bold as it was beautiful, and it remains a game I revisit every year or so. In fact, I was so excited for its revival I actually cheered when Mirror’s Edge Catalyst was confirmed by EA. It’s one of the biggest letdowns of my gaming life, then, that playing through this half-prequel, half-reboot was an exercise in enthusiasm-draining disappointment. Catalyst is hardly a bad game, thanks to the strength of its movement systems, but everything else about it is so uninspiring that I get sad when I recall my initial reaction to its announcement.

Running is supposed to release endorphins that make people happy, but Faith Connors and her friends don’t seem to take any joy in being off-the-grid mailmen in the city of Glass’ Big Brother-ruled future. Literally everyone in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst is sullen at best or angry at worst, and without a shred of humor or levity it becomes a huge downer. Fun fact: you won’t see a single smile in this entire eight to 10-hour story campaign (more if you fill it out with sidequests) until Faith finally cracks a grin in the post-credits scene. Character development is nonexistent, and worse, everyone – including Faith herself – is completely unlikable.

vlcsnap-2016-04-14-14h40m36s473-1460641531541_large.png

The First 12 Minutes of Mirror's Edge Catalyst
11:53

The main story arc is both thin and predictable, and Faith’s own flashback-fueled backstory is lifted almost directly out of the Bruce Wayne playbook. You may not have liked the animated, eSurance-looking cutscenes that told the story of the original Mirror’s Edge, but the first game’s simpler plot did a lot more with a lot less than Catalyst does with its convoluted, pointless mess. Given that this is a prequel, it’s not surprising (or a spoiler) when Catalyst more or less comes right out and says, “Welp, you’d expect things to have changed after all this, but nope, everything’s the same” at the end of the campaign, but it is disappointing. It only reinforced the apathy I felt toward the characters the entire time.

Run Time

So let’s ignore the story and focus on what made Mirror’s Edge unique and exciting in the first place. Locomotion in Catalyst still feels as fresh and empowering as it did in 2008, with our viewpoint firmly fixed inside Faith’s noggin for every jump, slide, wallrun, and skill roll (save for the occasional finishing move that pulls the camera out to third-person). That perspective makes the simple act of running a thrill, just like in the original. The crunch of gravel or the squeak of a glass floor under Faith’s feet, the heavy breaths she draws as she runs faster and longer – it’s practically exhilarating to string moves together successfully as you move from one area of Glass to another across its rooftops. The grappling hook you’ll pick up partway through the campaign helps sell the idea that Faith can traverse a city like you can tie your shoes. Perhaps no other game utilizes the LB/L1 button more than Catalyst – it’s your jump button that leads into momentum jumps, mid-air attacks, and ziplines – but it feels perfectly natural as you run and jump around Glass.

vlcsnap-2016-04-14-14h43m58s677-1460647284370_large.png

Everything You Need to Know About Mirror's Edge Catalyst's Multiplayer
05:10

Speed and momentum are encouraged by the game design, in that Faith has both a health meter and a “shield” of sorts that’s fueled by her continuous movement. This makes it difficult for weapon-wielding enemies to hit her, and when you can dash around an area keeping your shield up, you can scan your environment relative to each bad guy’s location and plot each one’s own unique, aggressive takedown: a chest-kick from above, a wallrun-fueled kick to the side of the head, etc. Slow down or stop, however, and you’ll be more vulnerable to the attacks – both melee and ranged – of K-Sec guards.

Catalyst, like its predecessor, subtly but effectively guides you in the direction of your objective by turning a nearby interactable object red, indicating that you should jump, slide, mantle, or climb it in order to progress. Contrasted against the city’s appealing use of primary colors – a welcome reprieve from the grays and browns that drape many modern first-person games – it’s a laudable substitute for the usual giant “GO HERE” arrow that points to the next goal.

frame_0000_large.jpg

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta Gameplay - Back in the Game Mission (1080p/60fps)
13:11

Unlike the original Mirror’s Edge, Catalyst’s version of the gleaming white city of Glass is an open world, and it offers a couple of advantages. First, it lets you challenge yourself to put together epic-length, perfect runs that span the entire city. In fact, a built-in tool lets you easily create your own time trials (a fan-favorite feature from the original that’s put to better use in this freeform city), which will automatically show up as optional events in your friends’ games. And while some sidequest events are fetch quests good for little more than building up your XP so you can unlock more traversal moves, combat abilities, or Faith’s take-it-or-leave-it gear (such as the Disrupt attack from her grappling hook that stuns enemies with an EMP-type blast), other missions like the Billboard Hacks and Secret Messenger Bag retrievals become enjoyably challenging little parkour puzzles unto themselves. And when you inevitably miss a precise jump, checkpoints are mercifully liberal and reload times are fairly speedy, making your parkour failure easier to digest and reckless experimentation more fun.

Fight the Power

Combat has also been revamped since the first Mirror’s Edge, and the new system is hit and miss. Unlike the original, Faith never even gets the option to wield a gun in Catalyst, which focuses the fights on fast and furious beatings (though sadly, that means you can no longer earn an Achievement for finishing the campaign without picking up a firearm). I welcome this, as guns never fit her character anyway and, and use of them subjected you to the original game’s most difficult-to-use controls; stripping them out makes everything flow better. So does Catalyst’s new HUD indicator, which lets you not only know if bad guys are around, but also which general direction your enemies are in, removing the clunky and confusing guesswork that marked the fights in Faith’s first outing.

neon_0001_large.jpg

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta Gameplay - Drone Works Mission (1080p/60fps)
04:12

Punches and kicks can be varied by mixing in directions, allowing you to throw a Holly Holm-on-Ronda-Rousey kick to the side of a helmeted foe’s skull. Landing one of those makes me feel powerful as his protective facemask shatters and he stumbles into one of his buddies, injuring the bad-guy bystander as well. The same feeling of strength comes from attacking an enemy with a parkour move, i.e. wallrunning and then punching a K-Sec guard in the face or speeding down a zipline, letting go, and planting both feet straight into a target’s chest.

Combat becomes a bit awkward when you’re not running, however (a condition that is sometimes forced by the story missions). When that happens it’s too easy to cheese enemies when standing toe to toe by alternating directional kicks, particularly when you’re near a rooftop edge or railing, as stumbling guards will practically throw themselves over the edge like they’re extras in a Rambo parody.

Foggy Glass

neon_0001_large.jpg

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta Gameplay - Old Friends Mission (1080p/60fps)
04:54

Mirror’s Edge’s move to an open world also comes at a cost, however. Catalyst prioritizes a high framerate, but as a result, texture quality suffers, particularly on the console versions. It gives Catalyst a bland look rather than the boldness brought by the primary colors of the original, which are still on display here but are literally muddled. Even then, it’s far from a steady 60 frames a second on consoles, with frequent noticeable dips. Playing on PC with your input method of choice is highly recommended.

Gameplay-wise, Glass is full of an endless pile of sidequests that mean you’ll always have something to do, but most simply involve running from Point A to Point B. Even the joy of Mirror’s Edge’s parkour movement can’t endure this kind of shameless repetition for long, especially in a city as bland and devoid of unique and interesting landmarks and hazards as this one. Without the setpiece-focused design of the original, Catalyst feels barren of memorable spots like the first game’s crane or construction yard.

neonvid_8c79af86dc712b795b121198c5b55a06.jpg

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Official Launch Trailer
02:07

Beyond those, we’re expected to track down the inevitable truckload of collectibles stashed around the city, but that concept is a complete mismatch for a game built on constant movement and momentum. Most of these items are hidden in such a way that you’re forced to stop in your tracks, defying the central design principle Catalyst is built upon. Looking for them is the worst way to spend time in this game.

The Verdict
The staples of Mirror’s Edge remain refreshing and unique in the first-person genre in 2016, but Catalyst’s attempts to keep up with the open-world Joneses don’t always jive with its design strengths of movement and momentum. On top of that, muddy-looking console versions and a lame story filled with unlikable characters doom Mirror’s Edge’s return to fall short. I was so happy this game was being made, but in the end I’m just as disappointed in how it turned out.
63bb9f8304.jpg

you dun goofed

A horse of course

Turning Faith into Emma Sulkowicz was not progressive enough for Eurogamer. Should've made her a full-on tranny and removed all the gameplay.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
7 hours is about 3 more hours than I expected. Cool art style... not much else. I'm sure it's pee good for a walking running simulator.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried it with Origin Access. You get a 6 hour trial. It's pretty mediocre. Story is uninteresting with douche characters. The open world approach is really tiresome. I have to give them a big plus on the combat though. Really fun with a controller. Kicking dudes in the head to watch them fall off the building is always fun, and they seem to interact with objects around them. Like you can kick a guard into another, and he will be pushed back and fall over a rail to his death. Cool and dynamic. Ah and yes, with the open world thing comes XP and upgrades of course. Can't forget that part. So be prepared to hunt for all those fun collectibles to be able to land properly :)

Graphics is nice, but that is expected. It is Frostbite engine after all.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Looks like EA forgot the payments.

EA never wanted this to be successful so that they can bury it for good and have DICE make more Battlefields instead.

The first game was also garbage,it was just a ''press space when you see a ledge'' simulator,there was nothing good about it.How the hell did Mirrors Edge game gathered such a following in the first place? Did people really felt good pressing that space button ?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The first one is a good parkour simulator with some good art direction and atmosphere. Similar in many ways to Portal 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom