Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline MobyGames - Bought out and turned back to normal

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
What have they done? WHY? Someone bought them or what?

http://www.mobygames.com

Now it's slow, ugly and inconvenient. Can't even log in to complain.
The only database website that has actually improved due to redesign is Encyclopedia Metallum, every single other redesign is a disaster it seems.

spekkio

Arcane
1096.gif

It WAS one of the rare sites with constant layout (the same since forever).

R.I.P.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Mobygames was probably the first site I ever signed up to.

I loved how it was exactly the same after all these years.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Oh God :eek: .

Also javascripted screenshots.

Where the fuck they get these designers? Also, what the fuck was the point?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Top Contributors:
Corn Popper

(69598 points)

1,394 Games Owned
Currently Playing: Atari 2600, IBM PC / Compatible, Magnavox Odyssey², Mattel Intellivision, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo Game Boy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo SNES, Nintendo Wii, Sega Genesis, Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP), VTech V.Smile, ZAPiT Game Wave.

:retarded:

Fantastic, one of the last sites with a decent layout has gone down the drain. Javascript fixed-width slow trash like everywhere else. Now half of my screen is unused and only a fraction of the information that fit a screen before is visible now.
Why, why don't they realize how much of a step back this is? And it's a database, not a news site!

:decline:

Hmmm, apart from the screenshots section being fubared and the game lists being a bit harder to navigate (no thumbnails), I don't think it's that vomit-worthy, seems like it's a matter of getting used to it. But yeah, the old design was better.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

What the fuck. What is with this retarded fixed width bullshit? Why do they think it's better to scroll two screens to see what I could see before in just one? Oh hurp durp let's make wide screen monitors cuz theyre ze best for you but let's not actualyl use them k?

abija

Prophet
They're definitely not 16:9 because it's the best use for general computer stuff. If only they'd still make proper 4:3 monitors and let the users decide...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If only they'd still make proper 4:3 monitors and let the users decide...

No, they're not good for you cuz then you see wall behind you and you're not immersed herp herp.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, aren't you a smart cookie.

Can I also force an extra 300 lines of pixels on the vertical so I get from 1600x900 to 1600x1200?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Oh God :eek: .
Also javascripted screenshots.

The screenshots take like forever to come up now. It's like waiting for a video to play, only you get a small picture instead. Why oh why would anyone change something that worked well into something so slow and cumbersome? :cry:
After Google and Wikipedia, MobyGames was my most used site to look up information.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom