Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Modding TES Arena (and Battlespire?)

Lemming42

Arcane
That first quote refers to Daggerfall, I believe - Arena's even more confusing since some sources say the Redguards and Bosmer have their racial abilities swapped by mistake, and Redguards therefore get a bonus for bows which Bosmer lack.

I'm at Labyrinthian and am level 11 and I'm so far behind what any other class in the game would be at this point in terms of damage output and ability to survive. Worse, Archers have no magic, so as soon as long-range spellcasters show up it's all over.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It is funny, The photocopy manual I had from an actual "game rental" shop (they knew everyone pirated) was missing that section. I had a feeling bows could backstab because I would always be trying to hit mobs from behind and would notice some quick kills. I'm trying to remember how many 3.5" disks it was to install (6, 8?).

Edit... maybe it was daggerfall. I'm trying to recall as it was so long ago. Did I just rush and slash? I'm thinking that's what I did in Arena. Seems a terrible oversight imho.

kevin988

Barely Literate
How would one go about changing racial abilities? (Specifically, I want to swap the weapon damage bonuses of Wood Elf and Redguard so that they're accurate to the manual.)
I would also like to know about this or if it is even possible to test if this is true. I've searched all over for someone who has done this already and no one seems to have bothered. I do know of a mod that changes the hit die on the thief classes to be manual accurate but that's it so far.

kevin988

Barely Literate
Don't worry, I'm hard at work. I've figured out how to edit class hit die, weapon and armor proficiency, lockpicking skill, and XP requirements. I'm still digging around for special abilities, and crit chance. I'll release a mod for all of this soon. As you can see here, I have the Nightblade wielding a dai-katana. An equip-anything mod would be completely unbalanced, but it's more in step with modern Elder Scrolls games. Not sure what all I'm gonna do yet, but I'm taking suggestions. Some people are asking for an uber Eternal Champion who is and has the best of everything. What do you guys think?

5BapuvB.png
I know this is old, but something like this would be amazing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom