Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"modern" jRPG with "chibi" artstyle

Adenocaulon

Educated
Hello,

Recently a remake of Pokemon Sapphire and Diamond has been announced, and some people do not like the character design choice.

However, personally I think I like more this character design (usually with isometric perspective) than the more generic style with usually back or over the shoulder third person perspective.

I ask if you know some games that are available for PC with whis character design, for example like "Zwei: The Arges Adventure", or perhaps more or less like "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" or "Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky".

Other example of game for other platform may be "Persona Q". There are some mobile games also.

I do not refer to SNES era games or games that are created to resemble them with pixel art.

Thank you very much

1366_2000.jpeg

1a6d12f0c580fce21e8a538897ba332352f8fc6a08e5dfe806f2c1e77806dc83_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Adenocaulon

Educated
Thank you, it seems that it is the second entry of a series started by the same developers of Persona Q

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thank you, it seems that it is the second entry of a series started by the same developers of Persona Q

No, Lancarse/Atlus did not develop this.
The team is Cattle Call, FuRyu, Grezzo, a mashup of random indie devs who made some lesser known games like Metal Max here and there.
Legend of Legacy is more gameplay driven and harder, Alliance Allive is piss easy but has a story.
I recommend only Legend of Legacy, but you clearly have some peculiar preferences if you specifically search for Chibi.

Play the 3D remakes of FFIII and FFIV.
These manage to improve on the original games despite the odd graphics, and FFIII and IV were good games to begin with. If you like Chibi they should be a true treat.
XQNK4t1.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
that come to mind..

world of final fantasy

This kinda uses the chibi art style as a tie in with its mechanics (and story). And is available on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom