Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mods for TOEE

Gondolin

Arcane
Watching the TOEE LP made me want to pick this game up again. I gave it a try years ago, when it had come out, but didn't like it much. Hopefully, I've grown wiser since then. :))

Anyway, what mods should I use and in what order must I install them?

Nickless

Educated
The latest Circle of Eight is all I use. I'm not aware of any other quality ones.

Gondolin

Arcane
I guess there's something to be said for a community of modders as big as the one spawned by the Infinity Engine. A shame, really. ToEE looks better than Baldur's Gate.

Andhaira

Arcane
The Circle if 8 mod adds in Cloud's sword. Avoid like the plague.

Gondolin

Arcane
Yes, I know. I did use the Search function in the end.

Mikayel said:
AndhairaX said:
The Co8 mod adds in ridiculous stuff like Cloud's sword. Avoid at all cost.

times like this that make me think you're truly a troll.

on the off chance any of you are having a brain fart and seriously thinking of skipping the mod due to that sword let me clarify: The sword was already in the game as a glitched weapon with some magical shit on it that Troika left out. Co8 simply made it possible to reget it. The one of two times you see it is in the expanded shops where its a 1d10 two handed sword with a critical on 20, x3. Basically, it's a fucking bastard sword without the option of one-handing it.

The weapon is encountered on enemies only in added-on Drow areas that you can all together too easily avoid.

Other than that, it is just a fucking sword of a very basic design (big, sharp, one bladed) get the fuck over it. Considering you guys are willing to put up with so much bullshit in every other game (bugs especially) I'm dumbfounded that one optional weapon is enough to make you avoid a mod that fixes like a billion fucking bugs and includes a level cap remover.

:smug:

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wasn't someone working on reverse engineering the TOEE engine?
With one of the goals being more accessible modding features right?

Eh, maybe it was another rpg I dunno...

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
AndhairaX said:
The Circle if 8 mod adds in Cloud's sword. Avoid like the plague.
punch_tcp_ip.jpg

Melcar

Arcane
latexmonkeys said:
Wasn't someone working on reverse engineering the TOEE engine?
With one of the goals being more accessible modding features right?

Eh, maybe it was another rpg I dunno...

Yes. It's on the Co8 forums somewhere. Have not heard much about it. I think the guy died or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom