Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Monomyth - A first person action RPG/dungeon crawler - now in Open Backer Beta

Hobknobling

Learned
Yeah, good one man.

Hmmm, I missed that part. My bad.

The fact remains, RatTower has been posting regularly in this thread from the start of his project. Just go back and read it from the beginning, you can see his first material, gamedev discussion, his mullings on whether or not to try his hand at a Kickstarter, ramblings about setting up a small business in the EU, trying to decide what to name his company... it's all here.

If you clicked my link and got upset because the first post was his Kickstarter notification/advertisement, don't be deceived. He edited that post when the Kickstarter went live. Just skip it and start from post #2, which was from July (I think) of 2017.
I've read most of this thread, been following it since before I had an account here.

I just wanted to see some potentially earlier stuff, like the dawn of the project.

Apologies for getting mad, I thought you were just being a smart ass.

It was in the game development threads of 4chan's /vg/. Old archives for those don't exist as far as I know.

I avoided mentioning the site because someone might get their panties in a twist, but I guess RPGCodex is not really a site for those kind of people anyway.

Narushima

Cipher
I have to say, it does look silly when you can break a huge wooden door by throwing a pot at it.

Everything else looks great.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How much content will Beta have?

And how much content is planned for full game?

In hours (full exploration) aprox.?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I gotta admit the project is slightly behind because of the refactor. On the one hand that irks me immensely cause I knew the risk and I still took it. On the other hand, the additional features are definitely worth it. You can roughly tell how far behind the project is just going by the fact that the beta hasn't started yet and probably won't until the second week of June or so. So, unfortunately, your judgment about "a couple of months of delay" is probably quite accurate. I will still do what I can during Q2 but my current guess is autumn. I will go into this in more detail in the coming updates.

At least the codebase is properly re-usable now, so for the next project, I will hopefully be on time.

Twitter probably has one of the worst/most bizarre media APIs I have ever encountered.
Apparently, the quality between mobile and desktop uploads is vastly different. The processing is just so intransparent it could as well be random. For the longest time, the resulting quality was absolute trash to the point where you wondered why video uploads even existed in the first place. Lately, it has become slightly better, but nobody knows anything about upload requirements. It goes so far that people assumed the resulting video quality has to do with your upload speed, which sounds like software voodoo to me (and is probably wrong - perhaps it's true on mobile, but even then it would be completely mad).
If it were not for the followers Monomyth has gathered there I would definitely not use that website (also 90% of the content is whinging about dumb shit nobody cares about).

Either way...

(btw, for me the audio is better on the website than in the embedded widget for some reason - another oddity)

How much content is planned in full version? How many hours for completionist (all secrets, etc).

p.s. Demo is around 5 hours of content, it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB32ZwLRB7I

Fully explored in 1 hours 47 min. but he already knows where to look so some exploration was done before it.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
RatTower Will all backers have access to the Beta or just those above a certain tier?

Closed Beta Access was part of the Lysandrian Minister backer level.
That's a bit of a dilemma because the more testers the better, but Beta Access generally seems to be considered a mid-tier reward.

How much content is planned in full version? How many hours for completionist (all secrets, etc).

p.s. Demo is around 5 hours of content, it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB32ZwLRB7I

Fully explored in 1 hours 47 min. but he already knows where to look so some exploration was done before it.

I have around 20-25 hours of content planned.
As for completionists, I can't really say. I was actually quite (positively) surprised by how much time some people spent with the demo.
Thorough playthroughs took between two and four hours whereas speed runs could be done in less than 10 minutes.

It was in the game development threads of 4chan's /vg/. Old archives for those don't exist as far as I know.

I avoided mentioning the site because someone might get their panties in a twist, but I guess RPGCodex is not really a site for those kind of people anyway.

Oh no!

6slTWw2.png

JDR13

Arcane
RatTower Will all backers have access to the Beta or just those above a certain tier?
Closed Beta Access was part of the Lysandrian Minister backer level.
That's a bit of a dilemma because the more testers the better, but Beta Access generally seems to be considered a mid-tier reward.

Are you saying you consider a $600 pledge to be "mid-tier"?

Honestly, that's a ridiculously high bar just to allow Beta access.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom