Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonshades: an old-school dungeon crawler RPG

moonshades

Novice
Hello!

Let me show you my indie game. While working in a full-time job (not in the game industry), I'm also an indie developer and gamer. Making Moonshades is the culmination of a long-felt desire since I was a child.

Moonshades is a dungeon crawler role-playing game to restore the immersive atmosphere and experience of the old-school RPG's.

In the Moonshades' fantasy you can roam through an adventurous, labyrinthine underground world loaded with ancient magic and myths embedded in a compelling story. Wandering in this realm among the nesting monsters, a great amount of revelation and captivating missions wait for you with crafty traps, hidden nooks and corners, tricky elements and challenging quests over the ever tactical combats and spatial puzzles.

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

Download links:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.baldricksoft.moonshades_dungeon_crawler
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/moonshades-dungeon-crawler-rpg/id1492040231

This is a remake of my 10 years old browser based game. :)

Discord: https://discord.gg/3QvWSKw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/moonshadesgame/

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Let me show you my indie game. While working in a full-time job (not in the game industry), I'm also an indie developer and gamer. Making Moonshades is the culmination of a long-felt desire since I was a child.

Moonshades is a dungeon crawler role-playing game to restore the immersive atmosphere and experience of the old-school RPG's.

In the Moonshades' fantasy you can roam through an adventurous, labyrinthine underground world loaded with ancient magic and myths embedded in a compelling story. Wandering in this realm among the nesting monsters, a great amount of revelation and captivating missions wait for you with crafty traps, hidden nooks and corners, tricky elements and challenging quests over the ever tactical combats and spatial puzzles.
Yeah yeah, super interesting and stuff, but is it turnbased or no?

moonshades

Novice

Yeah yeah, super interesting and stuff, but is it turnbased or no?

No, it isn't. I don't know if it's good or bad for you. :) At the start of the development there was a poll about it and the majority wanted real-time combat (Eye of The Beholder type).

Viata

Arcane
experience of the old-school RPG's.
Yeah, old school rpgs usually had half the screen for some stuffs. But come on, at least they didn't put things in the middle of the game screen so you can't see shit. Then again, that may be related to being a phone game, so I don't know, but that would be a really bad HUD in a computer game.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Hello!

:happytrollboy:

:rpgcodex:

Any chance of you changing course to remake your browser game for PC with a 4-character party and a user interface appropriate for computers?

moonshades

Novice
experience of the old-school RPG's.
Yeah, old school rpgs usually had half the screen for some stuffs. But come on, at least they didn't put things in the middle of the game screen so you can't see shit. Then again, that may be related to being a phone game, so I don't know, but that would be a really bad HUD in a computer game.
Really hard to make a useable UI for mobile, if I make it even smaller then it is imposibble to tap on the buttons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom