Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind 2011

Turjan

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
BROS MAYBE I HAVE HUNG OUT ON THE FORUM TOO LONG BUT THAT IS KINDA CRAPPY LOOKING
Heh. I have the feeling with the majority of mods. Most of them lack any sense of artistic coherence.

nanomagnetic

Novice
DraQ said:
baronjohn said:
Completely ruins Morrowind's aesthetic.

Finally, while Bitter Coast doesn't look that bad, they went full retard with Balmora - West Gash region is windswept landscape, not fucking jungle - modded Balmora looks close to what poorer districts of IC should look like in oblivious.
:x

i thought balmora was still part of the bitter coast? and i figure the hills outside town protected it from the harsh winds? it wasn't until you struck out north of balmora that you got into the west gash badlands.

Turjan

Arcane
nanomagnetic said:
i thought balmora was still part of the bitter coast? and i figure the hills outside town protected it from the harsh winds? it wasn't until you struck out north of balmora that you got into the west gash badlands.
Balmora more or less separates the Ascadian Isles from the West Gash region. There is no direct way to the Bitter Coast from there (except if you jump across the mountain chain).

Edit: Looked it up, and there seems to be one West Gash cell to the south, too. So it's West Gash.

nanomagnetic

Novice
Turjan said:
nanomagnetic said:
Balmora more or less separates the Ascadian Isles from the West Gash region. There is no direct way to the Bitter Coast from there (except if you jump across the mountain chain).

Edit: Looked it up, and there seems to be one West Gash cell to the south, too. So it's West Gash.

They have a nice scan of the paper map on UESP. And looking at it, you're right. Balmora seems to be separated from the Bitter Coast by the hills.

Still, I don't think Balmora quite looks right in the graphic overhauls that leave it barren.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eh it's not so bad if you're replaying for the Xth time and want a change of scenery. I actually liked Bitter Coast's lushness and towering canopies but still uninstalled for the vanilla experience because it just didn't quite feel 'right'. After so many years of knowing my way around Morrowind and forming it in my mind based on what it looked like in 2002 it all felt too alien to me.

hydd

Several months ago I installed the full Morrowind 2011 setup and got nothing but headaches from it. Besides ruining the original atmosphere Morrowind provides, it was also riddled with memory leaks and blue screens. It could of been a mistake on my part, but I followed the guide to a tee.

Regardless, I still chuckle when I see lower res textures in Skyrim than in this Morrowind revamp.

tennishero

Novice
the music in morrowind ..............so fucking good

i had most of these mods when i played morrowind

the companion mods were the best elder scrolls ever saw- (the guy who made them, passed away before work on oblivion and no one in the oblivion scene ever matched him)- ruined tales for oblivion was close though

i remember hoe shit the battles were LOL!

Rainer

Novice
there are countless sex mods, nude texture mods, countless HD armor mods BUT NOT ONE SINGLE animation mod for morrowind. fucking hell, characters still walk as if they are trying to hold their poop back.

baronjohn

Cipher
There are animation mods, although I don't know if they're any good. Also, there's a mod that glues the FP camera to animations, ala OFP. You can even see your body.

M4BE1R0 said:
what's with the :smug:?

That's just how he's feeling at the moment, IRL

fzgQZ.jpg

Jza

Novice
Completely unnecessary, morrowind is fine as it is. I only used some mods for the horrible faces in the vanilla.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom