Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind defiling continues - Skywind

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
http://tesrenewal.com/

shittaku said:
Skywind, the ambitious mod which seeks to transplant The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind into the much more technologically advanced Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is getting a public developer alpha release soon, according to its latest trailer.

No further details were revealed about this public release, although the descriptions said that more information will be released soon—what the trailer did have was footage showing off the mod's reworked assets, including some (really quite good-looking) landscapes, indoor areas and armor sets:

http://kotaku.com/new-trailer-for-morrowind-to-skyrim-mod-teases-public-r-1599608947

The skyrim water texture completely ruins the atmosphere.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looking forward to play Morrowind with OpenMW, and to hike, listen to fan-made music and dick around with stealth in Skyrim with Skywind.

If and when they are released and if I haven't got my head stuck in GTA V or PoE or something.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Now here's something that will never be finished. If they do, I hope they use the Morrowind's glass armor model, it's so swag

AW8

Arcane
MW-item-Glass_Armor.jpg

Aye, that helmet is radder than rad. As is the rest of the armor.

Imagine attempting to improve this design... with this as a base, surely the end result must be glorious!!

OB-item-Glass_Armor.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Video has been removed. Modder drama perhaps? Seems a bit soon.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I like Skyrim's rogue gameplay enough to try this out should it ever release, but it won't replace normal Morrowind for obvious reasons.

Luzur

Good Sir
if they aim to remake Oblivion int he Skyrim engine, why not remake it so it looks like it should in the Lore instead of just copying directly?

alos, i think Morroblivion has been shut down before, if im not mistaken.

imweasel

"Skyturd" would be a more appropriate name, seeing that both games suck.

Turjan

Arcane
Supposedly the entire world itself is already built, they just need to put the quests and shit in. (Which is a lot, not saying otherwise).
In principle, this is the hard part. World building is fun, so that's usually done without a big fuzz. Putting the quests in, on the other hand, is a boring task in the coding sections of the editor, with lots of testing.

AW8

Arcane
Who needs this crap if Morrowind just offers more features than a mod conversion to Skyrim would be able to port?
People who built up interest in Morrowind after hearing others praise it, then started up the game only to scream in fear over the archaic visuals and quit before even meeting Sellus Gravius, and then heard about Skywind and cherished the fact that they will finally be able to make that visit to mysterious Morrowind.

I've read many comments stating variations of this scenario. The question is whether they understand they are playing a Skyrim mod, or whether they actually think they're living the Genuine Morrowind Experience™?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who needs this crap if Morrowind just offers more features than a mod conversion to Skyrim would be able to port?
People who built up interest in Morrowind after hearing others praise it, then started up the game only to scream in fear over the archaic visuals and quit before even meeting Cauis Cosades, and then heard about Skywind and cherished the fact that they will finally be able to make that visit to mysterious Morrowind.

I've read many comments stating variations of this scenario. The question is whether they understand they are playing a Skyrim mod, or whether they actually think they're living the Genuine Morrowind Experience™?
Fix

Delterius

Arcane
People who built up interest in Morrowind after hearing others praise it, then started up the game only to scream in fear over the archaic visuals and quit before even meeting Cauis Cosades, and then heard about Skywind and cherished the fact that they will finally be able to make that visit to mysterious Morrowind.

Fix
You are way too optimistic. I dont even think they found Fargoths ring.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People who built up interest in Morrowind after hearing others praise it, then started up the game only to scream in fear over the archaic visuals and quit before even meeting Sellus Gravius, and then heard about Skywind and cherished the fact that they will finally be able to make that visit to mysterious Morrowind.

I usually have this same thought but after playing U5:Lazarus all those years ago even a "mod" can attain greatness (it really was an Ultima game). Not saying these Elder Scrolls conversions using Skyrim will come close to what the Lazarus team accomplished but I never thought the Dungeon Siege engine would produce such an outstanding Ultima game! If only Original Sin's modding tools were available when Lazarus was being made.... (wanders off dreamily...)

kris

Arcane
The lack of creativity is astounding. What is the point in making a mod that is just like a game that exist? they put so much work into what is basically a remake? The hollywood of modders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom