Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind defiling continues - Skywind

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
21163.jpg
Why is Hitler cosplaying as He-Man?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
3 hours of gameplay, but it's more like showcase, guy used console few times to show more things or travel. It seems they embraced Morrowind systems more than I expected, they have all old skills back.
Interesting moments:
11:00 - they made their own sign choosing
15:35 - Seyda Need
16:10 - Map, it's fucking huge. Looks 1.5x Skyrim or even more.
22:10 - Mage falling from the sky :smug:
27:45 - Balmora
47:15 - Arktghand and looking for Dwemer Box, looks good.
1:30:10 - Road to Vivec
1:36:10 - Vivec
2:19:00 - Caldera
There are also pop-up messages, like those about severing the prophecy when killing someone important or level quotes about getting better while leveling up.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Wow, that's still more than I was expecting. These guys should make their own games.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
They're further along than TESVI, but this is just a hobby. It'll fall apart before they're even half finished, like Tamriel Rebuilt did, and barely a skeleton crew will be left. Its a good effort though.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
That guy takes a massive shit down the neck of The Tribe Unmourned. If edgy cackling "you will have war" comes to mind, that's really Morrowind's fault for speeding through the sixth house arc.

Santander02

Arcane
Ugh, they are keeping rymjob's UI I see, replacing MW's actually decent menus for that abortion of an interface and only getting some (not that) pretty graphix in exchange is really the worst deal ever.

ADL

Prophet
I hate to trash the efforts of modders but holy hell this looks like shit. It's a shame this gets the amount of undue attention it does and the OpenMW project is just slaving away on the real MVP.

Funposter

Arcane
I was wondering why I couldn't recognise areas which I have played through dozens of times, and why the game looked so generally ugly, when it dawned on me.

This mod has the same colour palette as ESO.

Approaching Zainsipilu in Skywind

p74NLs4.jpg

Approaching Zainsipilu in Morrowind

MW-place-Zainsipilu.jpg

Nice remake guys.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This doesn't have the creepiness or otherworldliness of Morrowind. Dwemer ruins look like something from Harry Potter

Deleted Member 16721

I think it looks amazing. They did a really good job with it, could expose new gamers to Morrowind in a more friendly way. I'm impressed and I came here to hate on it. Damn. :oops:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://youtu.be/MqpRjwTp7Bs?t=5h23m49s

There are times to be faithful to the original work, and times when to take artistic license. The encyclopedic lines of Morrowind's NPC's were never meant to be voice acted - no one wants to listen to an NPC drone on for 40 seconds about a province outside the game world of no importance to the game.

Beastro

Arcane
https://youtu.be/MqpRjwTp7Bs?t=5h23m49s

There are times to be faithful to the original work, and times when to take artistic license. The encyclopedic lines of Morrowind's NPC's were never meant to be voice acted - no one wants to listen to an NPC drone on for 40 seconds about a province outside the game world of no importance to the game.

That's hilarious. Like a world of autists.

Reminds me of the guy at university that was hanging around a group by me reciting random facts about our provincial capital.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom