Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

DraQ said:
And what's his problem with TK?

Morrowind is too retarded to notice that merchants should find something weird about items floating past them. Also, it makes Security even more useless when you combine it with Open spells.

BTB's readme said:
• Telekinesis, like chameleon, was entirely because of how easy it made stealing, even without a decent sneak skill. The Telekinesis spell was nerfed to hell to match. Note that it will remain useful versus traps, regardless of magnitude, as you need only be out of normal activation range to avoid them.

UESP said:
This spell can be used to avoid trapped chests and doors. Instead of using Security and a probe, you can set the trap off from a distance, and then dodge the effects. This will not work on doors that transport between cells, however.
This spell is also useful for stealing objects for characters with low Sneak skill, in cases where getting close enough to take it normally would cause you to be seen.

And I still think it's overpowered, as traps are one of the things that make dungeon delving interesting, and a TK is a cheap spell that gets rid of that danger.

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
DraQ said:
And what's his problem with TK?

Morrowind is too retarded to notice that merchants should find something weird about items floating past them.

• Telekinesis, like chameleon, was entirely because of how easy it made stealing, even without a decent sneak skill. The Telekinesis spell was nerfed to hell to match. Note that it will remain useful versus traps, regardless of magnitude, as you need only be out of normal activation range to avoid them.
His approach is derp in principle.
He should carefully nerf rather than run around disabling everyfucking thing like he was Todd fucking Howard.
There are only two things I can agree with his decision to disable - easter egg merchants and fortify int on ingredients. In both cases it's because math says so and you don't argue with math.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dunno. Seems a pretty obvious improvement to me.
36873-1-1296354962.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Mangoose said:
Are there any animation (combat/movement/any) mods out there to please the graphics whxre?

Try this one. You wont regret it:

:lol:

Clockwork Knight said:
Mangoose said:
Are there any animation (combat/movement/any) mods out there to please the graphics whxre?

http://www.mediafire.com/?maakjyqmbnxk3y9

^Pretty good, now people don't run like they're soiled their pants, nor does the PC run like a sissy, on tiptoes.
What happened to that mod that was trying to combine this with Djok new ... weapon anim was it? I want a pluginless replacer, like now.

WDeranged

Educated
That font :salute:

*edit* Dear god Slof is a mentalist...why haven't Bethesda hired her yet?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I downloaded Morrowind Overhaul by Kingpix and decided to play Morrowind again, since last time I played it was several years ago I was hoping for recommendations for few mods.

Mostly Iam interested in mods for gameplay/skill/economy balance, new items, quests and locations.

Vagiel

Augur
I would suggest waiting for pack 2 & 3, where quests and gameplay are the main subject. There i nothing worse than the constant doubt you have when you are stuck and you don't know if you missed something in game or there is a conflict.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Morrowind has one of the worst dialog systems conceivable. If a topic has a substring that fits in another topic substring the first or the last wins (one of that) and the other doesn't appear. Something the morrowind code patch should have fixed long ago, but hey, damn hard and free.

DraQ

Arcane
SCO said:
Morrowind has one of the worst dialog systems conceivable. If a topic has a substring that fits in another topic substring the first or the last wins (one of that) and the other doesn't appear. Something the morrowind code patch should have fixed long ago, but hey, damn hard and free.
Looks like Morrowind dialogue is in need of some...

...disambiguation
:yeah:

Vagiel

Augur
DraQ said:
Vagiel said:
There i nothing worse than the constant doubt you have when you are stuck and you don't know if you missed something in game or there is a conflict.
What.

Having installed a quest mod i was stuck finding the solution to a "puzzle" while i was constantly unsure if it was a puzzle or a problem with the mod. That kind of situation can really stop you from enjoying a game.

DraQ

Arcane
Vagiel said:
DraQ said:
Vagiel said:
There i nothing worse than the constant doubt you have when you are stuck and you don't know if you missed something in game or there is a conflict.
What.

Having installed a quest mod i was stuck finding the solution to a "puzzle" while i was constantly unsure if it was a puzzle or a problem with the mod. That kind of situation can really stop you from enjoying a game.
Well, yeah, shitty or conflicting mods are shitty.

If you're a purist, then such problems are almost unheard of (almost because certain unlikely chains of actions can break quests even in vanilla).
:smug:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Vagiel said:
I would suggest waiting for pack 2 & 3, where quests and gameplay are the main subject.

On their forum it is mentioned that it will take a long time to make those mods and they did make this one for two years so I dont really want to wait that long.

Vagiel

Augur
You are right they seem to be talking suggestions on what to include at this point. If you go on with it i suggest learning a few console commands (eg ToggleCollision) to help you if you get stuck. Good luck you will need it.

tennishero

Novice
there is one mod that gives NPCs much more to say

IT-IS-ESSENTIAL

if you are a grafix whore

there are 2 essential mods-
one makes the bodies look better
the other gives HUGE draw distances

basically makes morrowind look as good as oblivion vanilla

shit is so cash

the most vital (IMO) mod for morrowind is the companion mods

the morrowind era ushered in some talented sons of bitches

of which there 2 are who by far were supremely talented

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/grumpy.htm

emma (who continues in the oblivion scene) and gumpy (sadly passed on- a talent we all mourn due to his giving nature and amazing talent)

get anything emma or gumpy did.... anything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom