Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most deranged Codex hatedoms

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sometimes lots of Codexers will appear to vocally hate on a particular game, series or studio. And sometimes other people might think that hate is inexplicable and self-destructive. It might be anti-Larianism, anti-Owlcatism or perhaps a reflexive mistrust of indie titles in general.

Which Codex hatedom do you think is the most deranged? What games or developers do you think Codexers should show more appreciation towards?

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
My pick for a recent derangement is Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, a game whose thread was a non-stop parade of shit and STOP POSTING ratings right up until it was released and people went "Oh wait, this is actually okay I guess, whoops".
You really are brain dead.

90% of the "news" you posted in that thread were irrelevant lore videos and that's why people rated you with STOP. You don't take a second to even consider if your news are relevant or not and now you're upset people call you out for it.

Kruyurk

Learned
I don't understand the revulsion for RTwP.
More broadly, I don't like the easy and dogmatic generalizations often made about what is a good or bad design choices. It never produces interesting discussions but only the same few shallow posts you see over and over. And sometimes it gets confusing. Battle Brothers has randomly generated content, so it's shit ! But it's grid-based, hexagonal even, incline !

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hey Infinitron remember that time you posted a rave review by some soyshit journo about how great that awful Drizzt Dark Alliance game is?
1657315995491.png

wow I wonder why people make fun of you for that

You come here, shit on the floor and expect us to applaud you for it.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Jew lecturing about hate to goyim? That's like poisonous serpent calling everyone "toxic". People don't wanna play games with 100.000.000+$ budgets in which they'll be lectured how bad they are for what they are by bunch of nigger trannies, while drowing in sea of bugs. 9/10 protagonists are now STRONK elven womenx of colour. I just can't, just can't take such games seriously. I'm sick and tired of dull, boring propaganda masquerading as entertainment

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't understand the revulsion for RTwP.
Aarklash: Legacy has some of the better combat in any RPG and it's RTwP.
RTwP doesn't have inherently bad combat, but there are an overabundance of games with bad combat that are RTwP. The assumption would then be that it's easier to make bad RTwP combat than other forms of combat. RTwP being difficult to read is one of the most common sins in the 'kickstarter era' games.

Also, the lack of distinction between real RTwP(DAO, pillows, and so forth) and "fake" RTwP(IE games, NWN, kotor, and such) doesn't help.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
What's Baldurs Gate about Baldurs Gate 3? Uppity Niggers cucking everyone right and left, 50% of population being thieflings and other fifty various human minorities, goblin orgies, hobgoblin sex, gay vampires. I mean where is any of the vibe, storytelling, setting, gameplay of Baldurs Gate there?

I'm tired and sick of every mainstream game being yet another woke Amazon/Netflix serie where you get to play as transdimensional tranny. Im angry and ready to start violence

Codex Year of the Donut

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom