Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most evil enemies in a game?

Ebonsword

Arcane
med_Resident_Evil_CODE_Veronica_X_HD_5.jpg

The Resident Evil series certainly has its share of annoying boss fights, but this is possibly the worst.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
The RE series was more about survival horror.
When they turned it into an action series, it went to shit.
The Tyrants were a good example of both I think.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That's true. Controls are a million times better, which is why RE4 was so fucking addicting for a period and awesome, and RE5, while sucked, was amazing in 2P mode.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Hitler.GIF

SOMEONE finally gave the Shambler some love! Was afraid I was going to have to dig up a pic. I still vividly remember the first time I met this guy in the Quake shareware -- after it killed me, I had to take a break I was so shaken up. In my defense I was 11, playing one of my first FPSs. Well, and the Shamblers are incredible monsters.

SMA has been smashed by a Shambler.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
On the plus side, the controls are not as terribru anymore. The tank controls were especially bad in action-y scenes like the above.
As a kid I was genuinely terrified to play Resident Evil because I figured the boss fights must be incredibly scary and difficult with the shitty controls :lol: at the time, as kids do, I passed it off as intentional, part of the horror factor. Now that I think about it... maybe I was a perceptive child.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Here's another good one [Myth The Fallen Lords]:

300px-Balor.jpg

[Balor/The Leveler] He's more of a tragic figure than anything, but he's still a psychopathic cunt.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Doppelgangers in BG1. It was so cool to unmask those creeps. A great source of paranoia - I'm surprised more RPGs didn't use them.

The best part was meeting actual friendlies after waves of paranoia. I wish the game had given me and option tomsalughter the dwarf and gnome you meet under Candlekeep during dialogue. My child mind would have been devastated if I did that and I foudn out those were the real dudes.

Some great mentions in this thread so far. Wasn't expecting so many unpleasant memories to come rushing back. Most of the big ones have been mentioned but here's a few more that you'll know if you've ever met them.

clone_example1.jpg

268x268.resizedimage

23.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom