Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Replayed RPG of 2020 - Codex Survey

SoupNazi

I don't think a videogame necessarily needs to be replayable.
What differs games from linear media is gameplay and interactivity. If gameplay is good, then the game is fundamentally replayable - not necessarily right away, you might want to let a couple of years pass for the systems to feel new again - but the possibility is always there. Even a puzzle game that doesn't allow any variation in how you solve it can be fun to replay once you've forgotten most of the solution.
A videogame can easily be just a way to convey a story
Sure, but if that's the case - if gameplay doesn't matter and interactivity at the very least doesn't affect the story - in other words, if it doesn't make use of what makes a game a game - then it's a clear symptom that it would have been better off as a book or a movie.
And you see that P:T is still on the list, just lower down, because maybe more time has to pass for it to feel refreshed, unlike the more replayable games like Deus Ex. But the possibility is there just like you mentioned.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Fuck, what do people still find in BG1 and BG2, I can't fathom :D

BG 2 is excruciatingly annoying (imoen, Irenicus, Bohdi but mostly Irenicus) but BG isn't too bad, after playing PK, BG feels like massive incline.

I Stopped my BG EET playthrough (the sprites are atrocious but other than that, there is some QoL improvements) when i reached Baldur's Gate, half the quests required me to get to a specific place but they didn't bother to mention the district and i didn't want to waste my time searching, specially when some quests are time sensitive on top of that.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've played a few rpgs for the first time. I've actually played most of them before, but not really (2 hours tops). Those don't count.

I've played a few hours of Quest for Glory 1. I've finished it before so it counts.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Games I replayed during the year (didn't finish much of anything though, other than Mass Effect, Diablo, and PFK):

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Dragon's Dogma
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Dark Souls 3
Pillars of Eternity
Diablo
Diablo III
Neverwinter Nights 2
Skyrim
Dragon Age Origins

Efe

Erudite
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
divinity OS 2
atom
project zomboid
shadows awakening
troubleshooter

cb.spike

Educated
The last playtrough of The Age of Decadence when I followed jack of all trades walktrough to see amost of the content
Fallout New Vegas, since it was 10 years anniversary

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
None. Only Rimworld and Europa Universalis IV.

The year before it was Wizardry 7, Underrail (first time) and Deadfire (first time).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck, what do people still find in BG1 and BG2, I can't fathom :D

I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. Actually the reason I entered this thread in the first place is for ideas of what to play... literally nothing is grabbing me.
Yeah, I'm thinking that may be the best utility of this poll. I haven't played any Gothic game nor Elex, but now I'll try them.

Any older forum member could have more or less predicted the top 10, that's probably not the biggest news.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Oh boy oh boy, it looks like Kingmaker is going to win RPGCODEX GOTY once again! :bounce:

Well, of course, it's probably the most replayed recent RPG but the least completed one too.
Because of all the bugs, the performances issues and the retarded features, 95% of the players dropped it to replay it later, then replayed it and dropped it again.

And again for the most tenacious ones...

And it fell on the modders to half fix it...

Efe

Erudite
its for times you have nothing else to play and want to play an rpg.
not really replayable. some character choices lock you out of one other and they have their own miniquests so maybe for that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
its for times you have nothing else to play and want to play an rpg.
not really replayable. some character choices lock you out of one other and they have their own miniquests so maybe for that.
The characters seem boring,also don't feel like playing a demon. Does it have some interesting side quests and exploration?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom