Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord; TaleWorlds

A teaser trailer has been released to announce Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord:

TaleWorlds Entertainment is proud to announce the next installment in the acclaimed Mount & Blade game series, entitled: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. This sandbox action-RPG strategy hybrid will take players on a journey into a fictional world of up-close and personal medieval combat on a huge scale, bigger, bloodier and more intense than ever before. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will build upon the popular Mount & Blade franchise bringing in many exciting and highly requested new features.

More details about Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will be released in the coming months. Visit www.taleworlds.com for the latest news and information.

There isn't anything really substantial to see in the trailer, but I'm sure many of you will be excited for a new Mount & Blade.

Thanks Szioul

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
The hell did I just watch?

Morkar Left

Here she looks like she can hardly hold back laughing about all that nerdy stuff :D :

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The original and warbands are good, but the rest is fucking shit and if you like them you should feel ashamed.
Hopefully they hire actual writers for this.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
According to this site Taleworlds has said that Bannerlords will be released "in the coming months."
Seems like a rather short time between announcement and release in that case, could very well be a misunderstanding.

Emily

Arcane
Considering for how long nothing came out of taleworlds i think it is safe to assume it is coming out soon

Bulba

Learned
According to this site Taleworlds has said that Bannerlords will be released "in the coming months."
Seems like a rather short time between announcement and release in that case, could very well be a misunderstanding.
judging by the trailor, it's more like in the coming years, if not decades

deuxhero

Arcane
It anyone wants to draw inferences from it, Mount and Blade 2 was confirmed to be in early stages around Warband's release.

Eyeball

Arcane
I am strangely unexcited about this.

Don't get me wrong, M&B was an unbelievably awesome game, perhaps the most enjoyable game I've played in the 2000s due to its ease of access, great cavalry combat, open game world and easy moddability, but Taleworld's games since the original M&B have consisted of a mildly updated version of M&B that still didn't fix the glaring flaws of the original, a fully-priced mod set in Russia based on a book nobody gave a shit about and a multiplayer mod with guns.

I fear that they may have simply run out of ground-breaking new ideas by virtue of their first game being so fucking badass and that the new game will amount to little beyond being a graphical update without fixing the frankly borked Grand Campaign mechanics, diplomacy or making questing more appealing. Apart from a great combat engine, M&B's mechanics are quite poor - remember how wank the "marriage" thing advertised in Warband turned out to be? Expect more of that.

I can of course be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. Taleworlds is a one-hit wonder studio.

Kron

Arcane
Make the world map Turn-Based.
Be able to pan the camera for the map.
Be able to manage towns without phisically being in them.
Military researches and upgrades.
Good, moody medieval music.
Quality writing.
Basically Total War with M&B combat.
This is what Mount & Blade needs.

And REAL diplomatic skills.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Make the world map Turn-Based. -It is turn based already.
Be able to pan the camera for the map.
Be able to manage towns without phisically being in them. -Don't like it if you mean for instant management,better will be to manage them trough vassal orders or to send companion with the instructions that will take some time
Military researches and upgrades. -Well not sure how it will work,you must be king or some sort of a ruler.You kind of have already military research that come with armour and weapons,and upgrades in the form of units exp.Maybe some of the mods formations orders can be added as a skill.
Good, moody medieval music. -That is easy just mod the music files(replacing the .ogg's in the */Mount&Blade Warband/music/ folder with other music that have the same name)
Quality writing.
Basically Total War with M&B combat.
This is what Mount & Blade needs.

And REAL diplomatic skills.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
FINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
AFTER A LIST OF KICKSTARTERS NEWS I CAN ACTUALLY GET EXCITED ABOUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT
FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:flamesaw:

"Bannerlord"? Is this something like a Dark Underlord? I foresee a username change for DU.:P

Mount and Blade: Bannulord

tumblr_lyjp8qrJdw1r46ii7.bmp

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope the campaign will actually have a point to it, with permanent consequences of actions (killable generals, more city management, more diplomacy).

Gregz

Arcane
Hopefully they learned from the great mods, like Prophesy of Pendor, on how to make this game better.

Gunpowder was not the way to go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom