Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - now available on Early Access

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Turisas, Sep 28, 2012.

1. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

• Excited! x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • what? x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • coof x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    You can just change .xml files and check it yourself. But remember to copy original files. Its for e1.0.9 and maybe for next one if devs dont change anything in these files.
    https://ufile.io/yw4rxfid

And i did something simillar with Sturgian Cavalry tree
    Show Spoiler

Sturgians have this cool cavalry armour that is completly unused, instead they have some fat barell like armour that can be left to khuzaits. No more vikang shields for cavalry. And i used battanian cape because it reminds me one from Sturgian artwork.
    BTW sturgian horse armour is probably bugged, chain one and light one. Atleast in inventory.
    [​IMG]

And armoured bearskin is ridiculous, like something from skyrim, Battanian savages can have it for themselves.
    [​IMG]

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lithium Flower Arcane

Lithium Flower
    Yeah, this is certainly a must have - thanks for linking it. It does make battles look better and formations much more cohesive. Unfortunately it doesn't fix problems with the AI behavior (troops still hug each other's face during charging and are suicidal conservative + worthless against cav when put in a formation) put its a step forward and hopefully an indication that some of the moshpitting could eventually be reigned in.

Interested tidbit from the mod's description:

"Increased physics capsule for human troops. Previously they had the same physics capsule as children which meant that soldiers would clip through each other."

Could this issue have been yet another basic oversight rather than the game working as intended? If so then perhaps Telltaleworlds can patch things into shape, but it doesn't exactly speak well of their competency.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. wyes gull Learned

wyes gull
    Anyone figured out how to make bank with workshops yet? I made a carpenter's in a town that has a village that produces hardwood and the bloody thing is making me 5-7k a day. The town isn't particularly prosperous, either. Meanwhile my other 5 workshops are making between fuck all and like 500. So that got me wondering if the villages' production influences it any but I haven't tested it yet. A lot of villages also produce crap that you can't work in a shop, so maybe it's something else.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Aemar Magister

Aemar
    The mod looks good, and would definitely install it if it weren't for the fact that the game gets updates on a daily basis, and like always there is a chance those updates may interfere with the mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    I have like 1.5 million gold. So EZ to make $$.
    Step 1) Fight nobles
    Step 2) Sell their horses

Wish siege engines would work and soldiers wouldn't get stuck not climbing ladders. AFAIK it's not in the known issues list.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Funposter Savant

Funposter
    I haven't had siege engines bug out yet, but I've definitely had some issues with odd ladder placements when storming the walls, with the AI refusing to use one of them or otherwise getting stuck at the top. I haven't done enough sieges at the same locations to determine whether or not it randomly occurs, or whether certain ladders just don't work properly at the moment.

^ Top  
  8. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It's way too easy. I wish the merchants were more cutthroat and didn't pay several thousands for a tier 3 fur-armband. Wish there were a mod for it, maybe put a max buy for 500-600.

^ Top  
  9. dehimos Augur

dehimos
    Very interesting, he changed .xml so it does not affect libraries or future patches.

I was looking at these files because I wanted to change the use of the spear (the fucking peasants using the fucking knife instead of the fucking long thing) but I couldn't find anything :mixedemotions:

Check this: talk to any lord, exchange 1 dinar and you will receive charm points.

^ Top  
  10. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    Can you do anything with freed peasants other than turn them into shitty troops?

• No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    I believe that workshops do in fact buy their raw materials from the town market, so anything that's produced in local villages will likely be plenty available at a good price, for high profits.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Seems easy way is to talk to every lord you run across and gift them each 1 gold.

^ Top  
  13. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    You can put into garrison of your castle :D

^ Top  
  14. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    You can donate them as soldiers to your faction so you get influence.
    After joining faction donating prisoners to dungeons is also a nice way to get influence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    So, until I join a faction, all I can do is accept jobs from villages and chase looters/bandits around the map in groups of 5-13?

^ Top  
  16. Aemar Magister

Aemar
    ^ Top  
  17. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    You can also clear bandit hideouts and trade between cities. Also you don't need to join the faction fully, you can just be their mercenary captain.

^ Top  
  18. AgentFransis Savant Patron

AgentFransis
    Yes trade can be very lucrative. Also you can compete in tournaments along the way which is fun and potentially lucrative.

^ Top  
  19. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Also not being part of faction means you are not at war with anyone so your workshops don't get lost to enemy faction and your caravans are not being attacked by lords.

^ Top  
  20. SmartCheetah Arbiter

SmartCheetah
    I'm waiting for some decent mods. Is it possible to add more troop tiers? I mean, something after legionaries for example? Is there a cap for a troop line?

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Turuko Learned

Turuko
    the companions with abilities that are partywide, problem is it's not so clear which is which
    Roguery and tactics for es should be only party leader
    Heal, engineering and scouting should be partywide (when they have the role assigned to them)
    high trading and stewardship for the caravan leaders

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. user Learned

user
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Divinity: Original Sin
    261550_20200410160835_1.png

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck Garios thinks he is doing?

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    • Scout helps your party detect tracks, get information from tracks, spot armies and units from farther away. This clan role should be given to a companion with a high scout skill to get the most benefit.
    • Engineer helps your army raise siege engines and take enemy fiefs. This clan role should be given to someone with a high engineering skill level. If you don’t want to raise your own level, simply find a companion with a high engineering level and give them this clan role!
    • Surgeon benefits from a companion with a high medicine skill. A better surgeon means that your troops have a higher survival chance and a quicker healing rate if they do get wounded.
    • Quartermaster is related to stewardship skill. You should give it to a companion with a high stewardship skill. You should probably give this role to your own character as they will more than likely have the highest stewardship skill. Quartermaster directly relates to how big your party can be and as we all know size matters. A high stewardship skill means a better quartermaster which means a bigger party.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    So did they add some of that unique background companions? From that unused bannerlord content list on reddit.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.