Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

vota DC

Augur
They are fixing a perk each 15 days. Seems very slow. Also they didn't changes custom battle to apply to each troop that Is essential since you would use to test troops in every mod!

The mounting part promise very much. Not only chicken but with mods despite mod support you can already use people as mounts!
It would be epic if Falkor mounts Atreju!

I am crazy or is there a to hit penalty in sieges for attacking archers that is applied only when assaulting castles during nights? When attacking the same castle during day my archers were doing fine, but when attacking during night they couldn't hit shit, while enemy archers had the same level of performance.

Perkel

Arcane
I am crazy or is there a to hit penalty in sieges for attacking archers that is applied only when assaulting castles during nights? When attacking the same castle during day my archers were doing fine, but when attacking during night they couldn't hit shit, while enemy archers had the same level of performance.

That would be pretty realistic.

Now I will criticize character system which is an irredeemable shit.

It's a level up by use system. For each level up in skills you get 1 exp point, which goes towards leveling up character level. Each level up gives focus point which can be used to make leveling up certain skill quicker and each 4 levels you get attribute point which makes leveling up 3 skills belonging under the same attribute easier.

The whole system consists of nothing but problems. It's impressive how much it declined from Warband, whose character system was underappreciated. Lets look at them :

- Leveling up is too slow and the higher you skill is the slower leveling up gets. This forces you into leveling skills you are less interested in acquiring just to level up your character and get focus points.
- The more focus points you invest into a skill the lower the return on investment gets. Combined with what I said above, this forces you to spread points around if you want to play optimally.
- It's true that in Warband you also spread points around, but you did this because most skills were useful and you really wanted to improve many skills at the same time. You wanted that surgery skill, that training skills, that skill that makes you move faster on map and the one that gives you more hp and that one that make you deal better damages. Now you spread skills around only because you want to level up faster.
- You could start Warband with a fairly specialized character if you wanted. Now you can only make a few skills level up faster.
- The fact that you can't just put a lot of points in surgery at the start of the game is painful. You will need to see a lot of your men die before you get good at saving them, which forces you to just use a lot of cheap units at the start of a game and having them die just to level up your skill rather than slowly creating an elite unit from the start. Alternatively you can hire a medic, but medic will also need to level up their skills.
- You don't really feel that much stronger by leveling up. If you fight in arena against characters who have about 250 points in weapons skills you notice that they attack faster than you, but it isn't a skill difference so vast that you you feel like a newbie fighting against a masters. As a complete beginner character I was constantly winning tournaments against those “weapons masters”.
- Did you know that horse archery is the best way to level up your riding skills? You don't need to do some crazy maneuvers around enemy formations. Sitting stationary on your horse and shooting will get your riding skills to go up faster because you just need to hit enemies while on horse.
- It is not the only silly thing which are inherit to the learn by use system. You will lead armies and unnecessary prolong sieges just so you can increase those leadership and engines skills. You will use new weapons just because you can level them up faster than old ones.
- There are perks you can chose for all skills. Most of their benefits isn't noticeable like 3% to personal movement speed. Some of it is just inane. At one point you can chose if you want a 15% reduction to wages of your 4-6 tier troops or the same 15% wage reduction to 1-4 tier troops. Are they serious? Not only higher tier troops are more expensive to maintain, but also you are bound to have more of them them in your army if you play semicompetently. Had the person who made those perks even played the game?
- If you want a perk, but it is in a skill tree of a skill you are not interested in improving then good luck. For example; there are 2 perks increasing your party size limit in riding skill.... Why not allow us to choose any perk we want at level up ? Why not copy perk system from Fallout or dnd?
-BTW: The fact that the party size limit have been attached to a clan level in the game in which just sitting on a hill and giving orders is a more valid way to play than it was in Warband is jus baffling. At the beginning od Warband leadership skill had a big influence on party size and only in late game size limit bonus coming from renown became more important. Now your party size limit progress pretty lineally with clan level. Bonuses to party size limit coming from skills are small.
- Leveling up slowness may negatively impact modding scene. No one will be interested in starting new playthrough from scratch, when leveling is so slow and creating character so unfun.
- Running speed depends on athletics. Even in late game you run slower than your soldiers. I use mostly mount combat, however I am a 21 level veteran soldier and spend dozens of hours into a game and participated in dozens of sieges. It's just lame that I run slowly.
- There is no indication of how much hp your character has. Really.
- I hate how in the name of balance each attribute gets exactly 3 corresponding skills.
- Leveling up smiting is a truly painful grinding slog.

The whole character creation/progression system should be thrown into the bin. It's just horrible, can't imagine that it took 8 years to create this, especially that the team had a very good system as a baseline.

Last edited:

waken

Educated
I agree, it's convoluted and so far I've not figured out why. The perks are a nice addition, but they could just as easily have been worked into the old system.

What's up with the hit detection by the way? Bothering pedestrians from horseback seems to be much, much harder than in the original and Warband.

vota DC

Augur
Leveling up to 100 on most skill isn't that slow except some skills like engineering. Over 100 become slow even with max focus.
Also there Is another problem: the higher Is the level the slower you raise skills. They should rather account your age for this.... would be cool if they implemented that in Jagged Alliance where you only had old people like Sam with zero growth, very old Pops with reversed growth (if he shoot very much he could drop 5 points of markmanship in a single Mission) and old Leon that had normal growth.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I heard that some modding teams already have modding tools. Is this true?

If thats true i hope that In the Name of Jerusalem team has it.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/in-the-name-of-jerusalem-ii
My inner byzantyboo is happy seeing all that good work
roman_archons.png

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Hoping the next patch is substantial. It did take more than a month and not everyone would be working on fixing the backend.

It won't. They did a big code refactoring and have been spending this whole time fixing new bugs that arose as a consequence(that's why it's taking them so long). One of the devs already said to keep expectations low in terms of scope for this next patch(which according to him will be launched next week with with a 90% probability): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/mexxico.52106/

"After last test 6 new bugs are founded and all fixed today. You will get patch next week 90% (probability was 50% yesterday). However as I said previously even 6-7 weeks past since last big patch and 80-90% of our energy spent on fixing bugs created due to refactor so please hold your expectations lower for new contents for only this patch."

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will this ever get a Linux port or i will have to keep playing Warband for the foreseeable future?
I highly doubt there will be a Linux port in the foreseeable future.
On the bright side, it does work reasonably well with the latest Proton-GE. Once the problem with the relatively frequent crashes gets fixed, it should run as well with Proton as most other games do.
Of course, that won't help if you want to play multiplayer.

But why would you want to do that if you can play Mordhau?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It won't. They did a big code refactoring and have been spending this whole time fixing new bugs that arose as a consequence(that's why it's taking them so long). One of the devs already said to keep expectations low in terms of scope for this next patch(which according to him will be launched next week with with a 90% probability): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/mexxico.52106/

Considering the length of the project, the frequent changes to the team and the amount of trashy unmaintainable code they've probably built up, a refactor is probably not a bad idea.

It'll make it easier for them to solve bugs and add new features in the future.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Patch Notes e1.4.2

Patch Notes e1.4.2
cdb267081dacb8c07b326510e16e02d797170da0.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Today, we are moving the current beta branch to our main Steam branch. Below you will find the original changes included in the beta branch, our previous hotfixes to the beta branch as well as some additional changes that we have done since.

Main
Versions
Native: e1.4.2
SandboxCore: e1.4.2
Sandbox: e1.4.2
Storymode: e1.4.2
CustomBattle: e1.4.2

Latest Changes:

• Fixed a crash related to annexation decisions initiated by the AI.
  • Fixed a crash related to kingdom strength calculations.
  • Some localisation related fixes.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented leave punishments from applying to parties.
  • VAC banned players will now see a different login error.
  • Fixed a possible cause of player names not being shown on Bannerlord friend list. Please report to us if you still encounter this issue.
  • Bannerlord friend list will now be loaded upon login.
  • Fixed a Captain mode bug that prevented additional armour perks from applying to AI troops.

Previous Beta Hotfixes:

11/06/20
  • A crash caused by a stillborn child was resolved.
  • A problem with being unable to name a twin has been fixed.

09/06/20
  • Three perks (chink in the armor, show of strength and generous rations) were causing negative troop prices. This is fixed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck in the defection persuasion conversation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Needs Help with Looter quest ended.
  • Fixed an issue that caused automated kingdom decisions for player mercenaries.
  • Fixed an issue with combat tips and raise the meek perks relating to a miscalculated passive XP gain.
  • Fixed and balanced an inflation issue with item prices.

05/06/20
  • Fixed an issue that caused a crash when the player participated in war and peace decisions.

Initial Beta Changelog:

Singleplayer
Crashes
  • Fixed a rare tournament crash.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a hero had reached the maximum number of perks & focus points.
  • Fixed a crash caused by upgrading settlement projects.
  • Fixed a crash which occurred after closing the Town Menu or Encyclopedia Screen.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the Army of Poachers and Family Feud quest villages were the same village.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred for the Chinese localisation.

Save & Load
  • Save file compression was optimized by around 80%.
  • Increased the number of autosave files to 3.

• Punctuation fixes and corrections for some texts.
  • Turkish translation updates.

Art
  • Fixed some snow texture issues in Khuzait villages.
  • Various model/material and texture improvements for campaign map icons.

UI
  • Clan Screen
    • Moved clan member role assignments from parties tab to members tab. Now players can assign roles to clan members, specific to parties that they're in.
    • Players can now rename their family members in the clan members tab.
    • Fiefs tab now shows Towns and Castles in different lists and contains bound settlements, notables in the settlements.
    • The Parties tab now lists the amounts of each troop type that a party currently has.
    • The Other tab now shows more detailed information about workshops owned.

• Shift and Control modifiers now work with both left and right side keys in inventory and party screen.
  • Added missing One-Handed and Two-Handed perk icons.
  • Fixed Kingdom decision popup behaviour for rulers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the likelihood percentage value next to the propose button to show incorrect values.
  • Fixed localisation issues in the Custom Battle screen.
  • Fixed some texts not updating to the correct language on language setting change.
  • Fixed execution popup visual error.
  • Fixed a UI problem where wanderers in enemy towns are shown as red.

Character Development System
  • All polearm skill perks which are related to combat were re-implemented/fixed.
  • Fixed charm, leadership, trade & medicine perk bugs.
  • Implemented secondary effects of two-handed perks.
  • Implemented secondary effects of polearm perks.
  • Fixed a false effect of smithing perks.
  • Fixed issues with the one-handed & two-handed perks.

Clan and Party
  • Minor faction leaders were gaining too much money and their expenses were very low and this was causing gold inflation. This was fixed.

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Fixed an issue with the behaviour of safe passage deals when the player is in a besieged settlement.
  • Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Relation loss that occurs when a village is raided is no longer spammable and it is now proportional to the amount of damage caused to the village. Players will still lose a fixed (but reduced) relation amount with village notables and the owning clan's leader when they initiate a war by raiding the village during peacetime.

Quests & Issues
  • New quest "Scout Enemy Garrison" added.
  • Balanced rewards and requirements of Artisan Overpriced Goods, Artisan Can't Sell Product at A Fair Price, Gang Leader Needs to Offload Stolen Goods, and Deliver the Herd Quests.
  • Landlord Needs Access to Village Commons
    • Quest design was changed. (Old active quests will be cancelled when a game is loaded.)

• Family Feud Quest
    • Fixed a bug that occurred when the culprit (quest character) became a prisoner.
    • Added/Changed quest logs.

• Army of Poachers Quest
    • Fixed a bug that caused the quest to be stuck if the player retreated from the poacher battle.

• Lord/Lady Needs Tutor Quest
    • Fixed a bug that occurred if the player married a quest character.
    • Added new quest log.

• Need help with Bandits Quest
    • Valid hideout distance and valid party radius values for were tweaked.

Conversations & Encounters
  • Improvement for player look algorithm in conversation.
  • Added a conversation option with non-hostile vassals which are in an army without joining the faction that they are in.
  • Ensured that characters whom the player meets in a quest recognise the player later. Expands comments on game actions.
  • Townspeople and villagers should now comment on available issues and quests.

Other
  • New Noble Weapons have been made and distributed amongst the fellow lords of Calradia.
  • Caravan Guards, Veteran Caravan Guards and Armed Traders have better stats now which will make attacking caravans a little bit harder.
  • Fixed an issue with agent orientation in hideout boss fight.
  • Skins xml is now moddable.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could take dead lords as prisoners. This should also fix dead heroes from spawning with new parties.
  • Developer console can be enabled now by pressing ALT + ~

Multiplayer
Game Modes
  • Siege tower ramp sync was broken for players who connect to a server after the ramp opened.

Server & Network
  • Fixed a rare crash on changing game type or region.
  • An issue causing crashes on MP login will now show a warning instead. We are still investigating this issue.
  • Added an in-game reporting system with detailed game and chat logs. You can report other players from scoreboard or recent games.
  • Fixed a visual glitch where the clients see their characters stuck in guard stance after getting stunned with a push back while defending.

UI
  • Added defender and attacker icons to class loadout screen in siege mode.
  • Fixed inconsistent placement of scoreboard sides while the player is spectating.

Both
Performance
  • Major GPU Buffer memory reduction and GPU performance improvements.
  • Fixed stuttering issues when a resource loaded during gameplay.
  • Reduced GPU memory usage of the Flora System.
  • Punctual light shadow rendering performance improvements.

Animations
  • Fixed a bug that prevents the late attack direction selection (that is made after readying starts) if both attack and defend keys were pressed at the same time beforehand. This also caused clients to see wrong attack animations on their characters when the same case is generated.

UI
  • Separated the refresh rate option from the resolution and added aspect ratio values next to the resolutions.
  • Fixed some text calculation errors.

Other
  • Shield physics bodies on back are corrected.
  • Crouching is prevented during an attack in order to prevent unwanted stance switches.
  • Singleplayer and multiplayer now use different version numbers.
  • Fixed issues about usernames with non-ASCII characters.

Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
This is the "true" patch though:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/beta-patch-notes-e1-4-3.427855/

Beta
Versions
Native: e1.4.3
SandboxCore: e1.4.3
Sandbox: e1.4.3
Storymode: e1.4.3
CustomBattle: e1.4.3

Singleplayer
Crashes

• Fixed a crash that happened upon leaving villages.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering some of the hideouts.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when the main hero's troops retreated while the main hero was wounded in Radagos' Hideout.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when the rogue hero is killed in Notable Wants Daughter Found Quest.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when the main hero was executed because of crime rating.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a player successfully persuaded a hero to join his/her kingdom while sieging the related hero's settlement.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when asking tavern keepers for available issues.
  • Fixed a crash which happened on exiting the game.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when the game could not parse a bad translation text.
  • Fixed a problem that caused crashes while ticking on the campaign map.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during marriage barter.
  • Fixed a crash that happened at the start of the conspiracy quest.
Performance
  • Reduced memory usage of large settlement scenes by optimizing the memory footprint of game entities.
  • General CPU memory usage improvements for missions/scenes. For one of our currently most demanding scenes (Balgrad), which is very crowded, this meant a reduction of 100-150mb.
  • UI memory usage was reduced on the campaign map. UI binding system performance improvements were made.
  • Optimized weapon mesh loading behaviour for campaign party icons in order to prevent FPS drop spikes.
  • Sword parts have been optimized for better performance during crafting.
Save & Load
  • Fixed a bug that caused troop formations to reset after saving and loading the game.
  • Fixed a bug that caused settlement characters to not to spawn after Saving and loading while waiting in a settlement.
  • Fixed a bug that skips the first clan income after loading the game.
  • Punctuation fixes, spelling corrections and other localisation updates
Art
  • Navmesh edits for better ai movement in the bazaar area of aserait_town_c.
  • Navmesh edits for better ai movement on ladders for sturgia_castle_003.
  • Improvements on empire keep models and scenes.
  • Added new ultra-short afro hair
  • Fixed some visuals issues in weapon crafting pieces.
  • Sestadeim Castle now has a castle scene.
  • Added new Sturgian armor set; Northern Lamellar Vest / Northern Short Lamellar Vest
  • Fixed a physics issue with falling down and getting stuck near some of the walls
  • Visual quality and performance improvements on trees.
  • Added 3 new old looking Sturgian shields
  • Fixed Northern Sloven Leather armor's clipping problems
Campaign Map
  • Pathfinding and navmesh fixes in the world map.
  • Army member icons now make a movement animation while relocating during events, instead of floating.
  • World Map icon textures/models/materials were improved.
UI
Changes
  • New conversation screen on the campaign map
    • This will allow players to open conversations on the campaign map with other parties much faster and without a loading screen.
  • Implemented cheering
    • Players can now cheer with the key “O”. A click will play the first cheer animation whereas holding “O” will open a cheer wheel with 4 animations in place. This is a feature in progress and will be implemented for MP with more features in future patches.
  • Custom Battle Improvements
    • Now the "Select a Map" text disappears on editable area focus and all maps are visible on dropdown upon area selection
    • Now siege machines slots are selected by default so players can start siege maps right away with pre-selected siege engines
    • Wall state options are now "Solid", "Single Breached" and "Dual Breached" instead of the previous "100", "50" and "0"
    • Some minor text changes and bug fixes
  • Now equipment of units in the encyclopedia is inspectable by hovering over their respective icons in their encyclopedia page.
  • Added map event (Battle and Raid) sound events.
  • The legend of the SP Scoreboard is always visible now for easier reading. Legend header will still be visible after the legend header is scrolled out of frame.
  • Right side circle map notifications will open their respective screens with the featured item selected by default. e.g clicking on the newborn notification will open the clan screen with the newborn hero selected by default.
  • Added missing One-Handed, Polearm, Leadership perk icons
  • The culture of a settlement can now be viewed on the settlement's encyclopedia page.
  • Updated Thamaskene steel image in crafting
Fixes
  • Fixed the hyperlink in the name of the conversed character in the conversation screen.
  • Fixed a vertical placement error in the campaign options popup
  • Fixed a bug that caused babies and children to have visuals in Encyclopedia and Clan screen
  • Encyclopedia page for children no longer shows enemies/allies
Battles and Sieges
  • Adjustments to the hideout encounter.
    • The player now has 2 options to enter a hideout. Either simply charging in, which will select his highest level troops for the mission, or to manage his roster from a party screen.
    • Bandit counts in the mission were balanced.
    • Bandits that do not fight in the duel can be taken as prisoners.
  • An auto-blocking option was added for single player.
Character Development System
  • Added a new system for XP sharing, where after a battle a portion of upgrade XP earned by troops will be distributed to the rest of the party.
  • Character levels now depend on raw experience collected from skills rather than skill level increases. Overall this should make it easier to focus on a particular set of skills.
  • Some of the calculations of perks were wrong because primary and secondary increment types were not divided. This was fixed.
  • Skill effects were not applied to non-hero agents. This was fixed.
  • Added 10 new athletics perks for the campaign side and prepared the UI for the combat/mission perks.
  • Added 7 new riding perks for the campaign side and prepared the UI for the combat/mission perks.
  • Fixed bugs for the perks Confidence and Public Talker.
  • Fixed a bug with the wholesaler and appraiser perks. Profits should now be marked.
Clan and Party
  • Adjust clan members to make sure each clan has a number of combatants appropriate to its tier (at least 1 combatant for tiers 1 and 2, 2 for 3 and 4, 3 for 5 and 6). Combatants are characters that are reasonably skilled for leading parties, etc.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the player from naming one of their children if they had twins.
  • Parties that fled from players in the mission battle should now also try to escape from the main party on the campaign map.
  • Fixed an issue with marrying a hero with a party that caused the spouse to be stuck in a neutral party. The hero should now be added to the player clan while the other clan’s party will disband.
  • Fixed a bug that enabled players to create parties with heroes that are on the run from their captors.
  • Cultural home settlements are properly assigned at the beginning of the game. The general home settlement selection algorithm was improved. The (non-party) hero wandering algorithm was also improved.
  • Fixed a bug that caused home settlements to not update upon marriage
  • Fixed a bug that caused some home settlements to be set wrong if a family member was in a different clan
  • Skill and trait generation for children was improved. Problems with excessively low or high skilled offspring should be resolved.
  • Face and body properties selection for children was improved.
  • Fixed an issue that caused children to be born in the wrong settlement.
Armies
  • Fixed a bug that allowed mercenaries to create armies.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Adjustments to the War and Peace evaluations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the player party to be teleported after a successful siege barter.
  • It is now more difficult for lords to defect: Even when they have no settlements, lords will typically not defect if they have a good amount of money. This means that the money they have affects their desire for defection. The player now also gains relation after a lord joins his kingdom via the defection barter and the defecting lord loses relation with his old king as well.
  • Fixed and enabled the succession kingdom decision that triggers on royal death for the player and AI.
  • Fixed a bug that led context dependent barterables to have no effect.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a wrong dialogue variable to appear while trying to convince an enemy lord to join the player’s faction.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the voting system to ignore player participation in some decisions.
  • Sturgian default party template strength increased to better match with other factions.
  • Added a notification for resolved kingdom decisions that the player didn’t vote in.
  • Fixed a bug that caused diplomatic stances to be removed for a kingdom when one of its clans was removed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused heroes that are in related kingdoms settlements to not to be captured or released after peace or war declaration.
  • Reduced the duratıon of the no-attack/safe passage barter.
  • Fixed an issue with persuasion that caused failures to trigger instead of critical failures.
  • The king’s chances of being a candidate for and winning ownership of a newly captured settlement were reduced a bit.
Economy and Trade
  • Fixed a bug that caused a mismatch between town project bonus descriptions and their actual effect on the town.
Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Some raid logs were added twice. This was fixed and raid logs are more informative now.
Quests & Issues
  • Added the new quest LandLord needs Manual Laborers
  • A new main storyline quest named "Rescue Your Family" was added to the game.
  • Extortion by Deserter Updates & Fixes
    • The chance for the deserter party to be spawned too far away from the player (because of path blockers like mountains, rivers etc.) was significantly reduced.
    • The prosperity reward for finishing the quest successfully will now be applied correctly to the village's town or castle.
    • The journal will now correctly show the number of troops sent for the companion solution assuming the player has chosen this option.
    • The player can no longer pick troops below Tier 2 when forming the party for the companion solution.
    • Fixed a bug which let the player take this quest when the player faction was at war with the quest giver's faction.
    • Encyclopedia page now correctly displays the quest giver's entry if the player right clicks on the quest giver's party icon.
    • Quest giver's defence party can no longer be controlled by the player. They will join the ambush battle to defeat deserters but they will be under the command of the quest giver.
    • Fixed a number of dialogue texts.
  • Gang Leader Needs Weapons Updates & Fixes
    • Players will no longer be able to get the quest if they are the owner of the quest settlement.
    • Fixed a bug that allowed players to try persuasion multiple times with Save & Load.
  • Training for Retainers Issue Quest Updates
    • Reward gold amount increased.
    • Required skill minimum amounts increased for the alternative solution.
    • Required troop count for alternative solution adjusted.
    • Return duration for alternative solution increased.
    • Issue/Quest time limit increased.
    • Issue's prosperity effect no longer exists.
    • 5 relation and 10 power added to the issue owner as a reward for the alternative solution.
    • Borrowed troop count in quest adjusted.
    • Once the player clan becomes enemies with the quest giver's kingdom, quest cancels.
    • Quest success does not affect the issue settlement's militia anymore.
    • Keeping all of the borrowed troops decreases the main hero's honour by 10.
    • Issue/Quest conditions adjusted.
  • Required grain amount was increased for the Headman Needs Grain Seed quest.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a wrong dialogue option to appear while talking to the quest giver NPC in the Needs Help with Looters quest.
  • Players can no longer persuade child nobles in the Company of Trouble quest.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Family Feud quest NPC to change clans.
  • Fixed a problem with Lord Needs Horses quest which caused the battle encounter menu to pop up once the player completed the quest through dialogue.
  • Minor Faction Heros will no longer give Lord Needs Horses quest.
  • Fixed a bug that causes target quest NPC to be duplicated in Lady/Lord Wants Rival Captured quest.
  • Destroying Looter parties will also be counted as quest progress in Needs Help With Brigands quest.
  • Fixed a bug that changed the location of Radagos' hideout to another hideout.
Conversations & Encounters
  • Fixed a bug that caused the lord’s hall guards to act like hireable mercenaries.
  • Fixed a bug that caused ally party heroes to act like enemies when the player encounters an enemy and tries to talk to the allied army member.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to talk to notables via the "Request a meeting with someone" button.
  • Fixed a bug when calculating the difficulty of a persuasion option.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the wrong encyclopedia page to open upon clicking the name of the conversed character in conversation
  • Fixed a bug that caused dialogue problems when the player asked an NPC to find another NPC in tavern missions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in conversations when they tried to talk to wanderers in settlements that were owned by the player’s map faction.
Other
  • Troop Updates & Fixes
    • Faction Troops now use a greater variety of weaponry.
    • Mercenary Cavalry Units now uses spears.
    • Mercenary units now possess proper skill points and are in correct unit groups
    • Mercenary Guard and Mercenary Cavalry have slightly better weaponry.
    • Sturgian Brigand, Hardened Brigand and Horse Raider units now also have spears.
    • Basic Level 6 Units of Factions units now have a chance to carry and use Tier 2 weapons.
    • Battanian Oathsworn now use javelins.
    • Battanian Scouts changed their horses to Battanian Ones.
    • Aserai Mameluke Regular and Aserai Youth now count as Cavalry units.
    • Mameluke Heavy Cavalry now uses a different bow.
    • Aserai Tribal Horsemen now have javelins.
    • Khuzait Torguuds now carry swords in addition to their original weaponry.
    • Khuzait Darkhan units carry better javelins.
    • Khan's Guards now also carry one-handed maces.
    • Khuzait Spear Infantry now uses Throwable Spears.
    • Levy Crossbowmen now counts as a ranged unit (as they should).
  • Fixed a bug that caused a notification that tells the player their relation with themselves decreased.
  • Fixed a bug that caused settlement healing effects to not work.
  • Fixed a bug that caused lords not to move when they were asked for a board game.
  • Fixed a bug that stopped lords from moving when they were asked for a board game.
  • Characters would not properly show their age / look younger in missions. This was fixed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused crashes in tournaments for mods that added new cultures to the game.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented child nobles from spawning in the lord’s hall.
  • Fixed a bug that caused child heroes to be added to tournaments as participants.
  • Hideouts will no longer give the settlement healing boost to parties.
  • Fixed a bug that caused wanderers to spawn in the same position in taverns.
  • Fixed a bug that causes some horses to have the same colours.
  • Editor UX cleanup for modding tools
  • Asset override systems for the modding tools
  • Modding support for sound system.
  • Internal Refactoring and code cleanup.
Multiplayer
Art

• Added better barriers to some points that go outside of the map for mp_tdm_map_001.
Animation
  • Fixed a common issue of seeing lances in the couched state in clients although it is already pulled up.
Design & Balance
  • Voulge chain attack speed reduced.
  • Vlandia Knight - Bastard Axe one-handed use fixed.
  • Crush throughs are more likely to happen with 2handed maces
  • Crush throughs with couched lances don't happen in multiplayer
Game Modes
  • Siege servers now stop accepting players after a morale threshold. Also fixed changing stats of players when a game ends while they were loading. This happened rarely on Siege servers.
Other - Miscellaneous
  • Matchmaker now balances teams after arranging a match.
  • Factions and maps are now distributed uniformly between game types instead of globally.
  • You can now leave MP games without punishment if you haven't spawned during the game.
  • Fixed an issue causing starting gold not to be 120 when joining the spectator team before a combatant team
Server & Network
  • Fixed a bug that caused an infinite wait screen when trying to join an ending custom game.
  • Fixed a condition where a player can start a kick action without letting other clients be notified, thus making it invisible to other clients.
  • Fixed many cases of disconnects from Lobby. Failed actions will now be reverted and an information text regarding those will be shown on the chat screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing the visual count on quivers sometimes not updating on clients.
  • Fixed custom servers waiting abnormally long after ending normally.
  • Fixed a client crash at the Lobby
  • Fixed a crash in mp matches with the aserai faction active
Both
Crash

• Fixed a crash that occurs during mission loading.
Performance
  • Cloth simulation now uses fewer CPU resources.
Animations
  • Removed given velocities to riders falling backwards from mounts which causes an unnatural movement.
  • Fixed wrong movement animations on users while rotating a siege machine.
  • Shield hit inverse kinematics improvement.
  • Replaced placeholder animations with motion-capture animations for death by fire/explosion.
  • Replaced placeholder animations with motion-capture animations for death by arrow/back direction/shoulder & back.
Combat
  • Fixed a flaw in the weapon-wielding logic that allowed wielding weapons while mounted that are supposed to be disallowed.
  • Active combat actions of an agent no longer get locked while giving an order or using an object/machine.
  • Third-person camera height formula is adjusted so that the character covers less space on the screen when the camera is very close to it, allowing a better view while fighting.
  • Two-handed weapons can now crush through a block on overswing attacks.
  • Crush through was printing two different damages, it's fixed.
Other
  • Implemented the first-person camera movement behaviour while mounted option, which actually did not change anything before.
  • Fixed a bug where some throwable weapons disappear after the attached agent dies.

Still meh though. I wonder when they'll fix the frigging pathfinding for siege towers(I thought they had fixed it in a previous patch but it only worked in a single castle with the smaller tower).

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Hopefully it means they've finished with the refactor and can get back on track with the rest of the game

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Skill effects were not applied to non-hero agents. This was fixed." - So does this mean that the stats finally matter for your troops? One can only hope.

vota DC

Augur
"Skill effects were not applied to non-hero agents. This was fixed." - So does this mean that the stats finally matter for your troops? One can only hope.
Yes. Finally. In past they lowered stones accuracy for nerfing looters because skills didn't matter. For this reason low tier troops were still quite fast.
Still some choices are strange: they haven't developed the Istiana conspiracy but they introduced a quest for freeing your family.

2 protips:
- If you want to get a nice reach on horse use glaive, but without a shield as a two hand polearm. It's great to use it to massacre mounted archers
- After building a siege equipment you can click on it and take it into reserve. It enables you to put 4 trebuchet at once, obliterating enemy siege engines and walls.

Turuko

Learned
so how is it?
smithing still breaking the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom