Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - now available on Early Access

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Turisas, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    I finally started playing the game, 1.5.5 version. It is so fucking addicting, kind of like Civ games. Even with no turns, it has that one more turn syndrome.

I already lost twice all my troops and had to rebuild from scratch. Lucky thing is that second time I had Castles that Aserai won for me and gave me and left good garrisons inside so I took the best horse units from there :D

That second loss was hilarious. I had a huge battle that I barely won (800 vs 800) and then had a 14 (me) vs 28 battle where both teams had hundreds of wounded and I lost that one :(
    I tried to get away and bribe and even managed to pass charm rolls to get the guy to change sides (but then he asked more money than I had :( ) but no luck.

I got lots of money I get by having mostly cavalry units and running down all enemy lords with smaller armies and taking all their money and loot so I was able to easily recover from losses and I easily buy all heavy horses I find.

• Salute Salute x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. vota DC Augur

vota DC
    In 2022 should be good if sultan Erdogan avoid the return of Stone Age that insect people are trying to spread.

Right now It lacks
    -Engineer perks
    -Clear diplomacy and heir system
    -Main quest that Is far from being complete
    -Minor factions that are supposed to be improved since now you hire them as mercenaries but can't recruit their troops, also they don't behave as their lore ask, for example Legion and the faction that worship a former emperor as a god can join....in your crusade to eradicate the Empire!
    -Peace interaction like feasts. They must fear Harlaus.....

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Flux Barely Literate

Flux
    I have about 500 days in on my current playthrough and am starting to run into more frequent crashes and snowballing is still a thing. 2022 it is.

^ Top  
  4. Flux Barely Literate

Flux
    :bounce:

^ Top  
  5. Jrpgfan Liturgist

Jrpgfan
    Have they fixed siege towers yet or does AI still get stuck at the bottom and climbs only one ladder?

• hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • No x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. dehimos Augur

dehimos
    Now AI get stuck on multiple ladders and siege towers :salute: but it usually works.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Sieges are terrible on 1.5.5. Vs Towns it is useless to build Siege towers as nobody knows how to climb well and then they slaughtered on the top. Ram takes forever to get to the doors, they break outer doors and then ignore inner ones.
    vs Castles with less walls you can use siege towers as they got a ramp and AI knows how to use it.

So I break the walls for any important Siege. But AI here is retarded as well. Instead of swarming the openings they just stand back or get stuck on walls and other shit. I tried to give them all Charge or self control and nothing really changes...

And then another irritating thing. I put a lot of effort into making my army as powerful as I can and give extra soldiers to my companions that lead their own armies and I keep as free bonus troops in my army. Then when we take anything my companions leave like 1/3 of their troops in the garrisons and if I don't get that town or castle I lose those troops...

• decline decline x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    As a result of retard AI I never siege castles and towns just with my guy and my companions. I call as many other lords as I can so the casualties due to retard AI is spread around.

• Rage Rage x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Old One Arcane

Old One
    Can horses gallop at full speed along near vertical cliffs the way they could in M&B?

^ Top  
  10. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    No. Now they fall down cliffs and kill themselves if you spawn on a wrong map :D

• incline incline x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    2022 maybe then...

• Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Damn, I had a 1900 vs 1400 battle and I lost it all.
    My guy was 300 of very high level troops but the rest of 1100 had crappy units and we could not stop the wall of archers and horses they had. It was even going somewhat well until I died about 3/4 into the battle.
    Luckily I got 1.6 mil $ and I hope I can kind of rebuild my army in a decent time. Bad thing was that my army was only cavalry (about 2/5 horse archers and 3/5 knights). It took a lot of time to make that and go around the world buying all warhorses I could find...

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Hellion Arcane

Hellion
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/426

• incline incline x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    This version is unplayable when fighting Khuzaits. We need 1.5.7 to release where it fixes it.
    Where there are a lot of Khuzait horse enemies on map game freezes all the time during combat. It all worked well until I started fighting Khuzaits. It might also be because I got a bunch of their units since I take horse units from all factions into my group. Only non horse units I bring are Batanian Fians.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    This game is so fucking addicting. I kept playing it even with all the crashes lol. Sometimes I had same battle crash multiple times before I could finish it. Sometimes I had to retreat from battle multiple times so I can save the progress so if it crashes I don't have to do it from start :D

But I got fed up and just restarted now with a new playthrough. I didn't have any crashes until very late into the game. Hopefully restarting now gives me enough play time until next big patch that hopefully fixes this shit.

My new playthrough is now Battanian guy that will be mostly on foot trying to fight in melee. Plan is to be a barbarian type, get bandits and sturgians and some battanians into the group, be a mercenary and earn lots of money that way and when I got 2+ million gold (which is easy to reach when you start hunting down enemy heroes and just selling their loot) I will start chopping head of all lords I get my hand on. Once they are "thined" I will just conquer their towns with my companions and proclaim my kingdom and then continue to chop all the heads off in the land. I might only leave other mercenaries alive so they can work for me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • incline incline x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is the best plan you'll ever have.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Hellion Arcane

Hellion
    Patches 1.5.7 and 1.5.8 Beta are out.

The most important feature in the 1.5.8 beta patch notes seems to be:

• Peaceful protest Peaceful protest x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    So my new run is not going that well atm. I did the first phase of just trading and running down bandits to slowly level up my troops and my clan level. When I had a 60+ troop count I joined Sturgia as a mercenary. My fortunes started to rise but soon Sturgia was not in war with anyone and it lasted way too long and I started losing money. I had too many troops and all tier 4 or 5 or 6 and they cost too much to upkeep. Then idiot Sturgia went to war with Khuzaits..
    I went to help and due to being desperate because of lack of funds I risked too much trying to engage one lord with 100 men and another nearby lord with 100 men joined the fight... and as expected Khuzait armies are mostly horsemen and each horsemen is worth more than each non horsemen. I would have won vs one guy with mostly horseman as I had 50 high level archers and 30+ high level cavalry but not with 2 lords. So I got captured and lost 95% of my horses and other loot I was collecting from the start :(

I was released with 4000 gold only in my name and nothing else. So I started over, this time I was trying not to get to 100+ troops that I cannot pay for too fast. So I got a smaller team and tried to level them and then slowly expand. Got to 22k gold doing this and Sturgians went to war with Battania. I rushed into battle zone and found some luck with some smaller lords that I could catch up. Went back into my territory and when I felt safe out of nowhere 150 strong enemy mercenery group with 60 cavalry units that moves faster than my group.... fuck this game :D

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Zanzoken Arcane

Zanzoken
    I think I've identified your problem

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    I saved myself by leaving Sturgia by ending my mercenary contract from the Kingdom screen :D
    And then rejoined them again. Then later they again were in war with everyone and they got owned by big armies by everyone. Nobody to attack with my little 100 men army. So I left them and joined Battania and now I am getting rich by taking out Sturgia noble armies :D
    Fuck those losers.

^ Top  
  22. XenomorphII Prophet

XenomorphII
    Poor Sturgia. They get reamed by everyone, everytime. At least I have never seen them not be the first to fall.

^ Top  
  23. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Fuck Battanians, they decided to go to peace with everyone lol. I had to switch to Valandia now so I can keep abusing Sturgians :D

^ Top  
  24. IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Sturgians isn't too bad a faction, because they've got lots of sea raiders. Like in previous games sea raiders are excellent early-game loot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.