Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

vota DC

Augur
New video on that Warhammer mod

At least with modding you can choose which troops to use in custom battle.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Sure would be cool if any of those were playable. Or not bound to break the moment the game gets a tiny hotfix.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol, I've came back to the game and got temporarily banned again (this time for "abusive speech") because I said "Jesus was probably gay hence 12 apostles"

This game's censorship is way worse than any other game I've ever played including AAA games :lol:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Lol, I've came back to the game and got temporarily banned again (this time for "abusive speech") because I said "Jesus was probably gay hence 12 apostles"

This game's censorship is way worse than any other game I've ever played including AAA games :lol:
Based Turkroaches.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Forget about total conversions or any other significant mods.

Answer of Talewords towards an open letter asking them to help make the game to be mod-friendly (unlike in Warband, now a lot is hard coded, including map) is basically fuck off.

Here's the thread and answers:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ion-mod-community.440886/page-11#post-9703796

Guess they don't want to make total conversions or big mods possible as they want to cash on later add-ons and know modders would make much better stuff?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Average IQ in Turkey is 89 - that ought to explain why TaleWorlds would go full retard and sabotage the one thing that popularized and kept M&B relevant for years.

Even the fuckwits over at Bethesda handle this shit better, even when they're busy nickle-and-diming their fanbase. Bethesda uses their DLC to introduce new mechanics to the games, which then a lot of mods end up requiring, thus using said mods to boost the sales of the DLC for the base game.

Meanwhile the cockroaches are living up to the kebab stereotype.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Taleworlds once again proving they don't actually understand their own game or why people like it.

Warband would only have had a small fraction of the success it did if not for mods.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I actually thought they figured it out, going by all the promo stuff they did showcasing the modding possibilities. Guess not though, and it's a real shame.

vota DC

Augur
New patch introduce some news mechanics like forging weapons as a job for lords and new faction bonus (2 positive and 1 negative each).
They also fixed something so stupid that I didn't even figured It existed: shared xp was taken by max tier troops that means if you managed to keep your best troops alive It was a pain level up new recruits.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing a couple of hours again. Starts off fun enough, but it quickly shows that the game is barebones as all hell still. There is really nothing to do if you are not at war. I poked around on the official forum and the general feel is that Talewords is making ready to ship the game as is. In other words a classic early access tale. Start with a lot of promises, and when the sales run dry or slows up finish up the game and stick a 1.0 on it and call it a day.

It's happening with another game I have been following (Hell Let Loose) now. Just read that 1.0 is coming in a few weeks, and that game is so freaking undercooked. It's maybe 30% done. Started the same way, indie game, making a niche realistic shooter, not like BF at all with a lot of cool promises, then a publisher steps in, suddenly a minimum of updates, sales slows down and here is 1.0, fuck you and thank you very much.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Then a couple of years later, Taleworlds will develop an updated M&B with new multiplayer game modes slapped on, and release it as a separate title at full retail price.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Been playing a couple of hours again. Starts off fun enough, but it quickly shows that the game is barebones as all hell still. There is really nothing to do if you are not at war. I poked around on the official forum and the general feel is that Talewords is making ready to ship the game as is. In other words a classic early access tale. Start with a lot of promises, and when the sales run dry or slows up finish up the game and stick a 1.0 on it and call it a day.

It's happening with another game I have been following (Hell Let Loose) now. Just read that 1.0 is coming in a few weeks, and that game is so freaking undercooked. It's maybe 30% done. Started the same way, indie game, making a niche realistic shooter, not like BF at all with a lot of cool promises, then a publisher steps in, suddenly a minimum of updates, sales slows down and here is 1.0, fuck you and thank you very much.
Again, that's agile development applied to gaming for us. My hopes for M&B 2 have always been connected to some historical mod lke Brytenwalda turning it into something interesting. I hope there is a better foundation for modding with the second game, and that the modding community has not simply grown out of that phase and moved on with their lives.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I hope there is a better foundation for modding with the second game, and that the modding community has not simply grown out of that phase and moved on with their lives.

If you believe the scuttlebutt online it's actually the opposite. Modders have been chomping at the bit since day one but the game is less mod-friendly than before. Many aspects of the code are arbitrarily locked and the devs are being highly obstinate about opening things up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, because the more time passes the more it seems to hold true. Taleworlds is the least talented and worst managed studio in history relative to how much the fans love and support this franchise. The Mount & Blade concept is fucking brilliant and yet Taleworlds are just barely able to bring it to life as a somewhat playable and enjoyable game. Their best effort -- the product of almost a decade's worth of time, money, and human resources -- is still only a mere fraction of what this franchise could be.

It's like, imagine that some idiot and his wife are out floundering around in the forest one day, when they stumble upon an enormous gold deposit that has never been claimed. These two have no idea how to run a gold mining operation, so for awhile they just do the best they can. But then 10 years go by, and even with all the experience that amount of time on task should bring, and hiring a bunch of people to help who are supposed to be professional miners, they still operate as if they don't know the first thing about gold or how to properly extract it from the ground. And the kicker is, they just have gold in such abundance that they can afford to be horrendously retarded and still make a killing.

So yeah, worst developer ever relative to their success. Before Bannerlord I would've said Bethesda was the holder of such an ignominious title, but even Todd is smart enough to know that if people are willing to work for free to improve your janky, half-assed game then you'd have to be a special kind of idiot not to let them.

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
You can mod skeletons, you couldn't before in m&b 1, you had only horse, man and scale adjusting. But you can't even mod Maps now so full conversion mods are blocked.

Konjad

Patron
This game is gonna die before it gets even the half-assed 1.0 release version. Then 1.0 will spike popularity up for a month or two and that will be the end of it.

Can't make proper mods and nobody's gonna care about vanilla for long as it gets boring after a while.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Again, that's agile development applied to gaming for us. My hopes for M&B 2 have always been connected to some historical mod lke Brytenwalda turning it into something interesting. I hope there is a better foundation for modding with the second game, and that the modding community has not simply grown out of that phase and moved on with their lives.

Yeah like Zanzoken said, there is HUGE issues with the modding tools currently. You can read all about it on both the Steam forum and the official forum. Lots of veteran modders have quit in disgust. What I have read and understand is that Talewords has a "let the modders fix it" attitude like with adding cool features and stuff, but modders are not having it. This combined with the locked down code it's looking pretty grim for the future of modding.

One thing I have not mentioned is that 1.6 BETA leaked with a elephant DLC. They had to quickly scramble and remove it, for then to release the beta again without the DLC. So now it looks like the team is working on DLCs already instead of finishing up the game. You can read about it here:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/elephant-dlc.443903/

And it looks like they have some kind of publisher deal now too:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/prime-matter-new-publisher.443895/#post-9707673

Last edited:

Tosiek363

Novice
If only the modding would be the only problem. The game is 1 year old in early access and most of the updates were for bugfixes and balance fixes. Yes i get it that bugfixing is very important, and to give Taleworlds some credits the stability and performance improved, but what about something more interesting than conquering in snowballin manner? The battles which are one of the main futures of the game are little less retarded than Warband big brawl but it's mostly the same shitshow with little to no tactics used in battle. F1 -> F3 best tactic.

Content wise the game is very much similar as it was on EA release. Seeing what devs said on forums Taleworlds you can see that they doesn't care about somewhat complex simulation in early medieval era but make game to cash on casuals and console players. They doesn't care about old playerbase, they milked them already when they bought that half-baked game on promise to end EA in one year time(me included)

I know nothing about coding, so I couldn't discern who is right in modders/devs conflict, but I know a thing or two about present day capitalism so I immediately knew that if modders are right, then we are gonna get paid DLCs.

This whole system..... is so heartless and corrupting, starting from an optimistic couple who is fulfilling their dreams in the basement and turning them into the heartless and dumb corporation which destroys foundation of their own success for profit. And the fans will be defending the corporation to their grave, even when corporation will spit on their face.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
modders working on early access game complain that game code changes...

In other news water is wet.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
modders working on early access game complain that game code changes...

In other news water is wet.

The patches regularly break everything, even if the modded files shouldn't be affected by what was changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom