Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Not a dead game, we swear.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not a dead game, we swear.

Spearbracing is cool, too bad they completely nerfed cavalry by both making it very expensive and giving archers and other classes bonuses to damage against horses, so now horses often die from one hit in multiplayer, while being twice as expensive as other classes.

As for the rest, it seems superfluous, but I read a lot of complaints from people that armor customization crashes their game.

But the best thing is the first day they introduced this system, I found a particular combo (buying a particular helmet as a recruit, then using it for archer, I think) that when I tried to join a game it crashed entire server. I had quite some time having fun just crashing all custom servers with people all over the world (not that there are many, basically one alive per region), multiple times when people rejoined.

I was a bit disappointed when they fixed it hours later :(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/261550/view/3072012083335889595

Development Update #9: Multiplayer Customisation and Grant Peerage
57f94f639ef81575bf8b04af7f653fa7be3a11cc.png

In this Development Update video, we take a look at some of the recent additions to the game that you can jump in and experience straight away!

As always, you can find a text version below.

INTRO

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

The past few patches contained some significant updates to the game, multiplayer in particular, so with e1.6.4 now live, we wanted to share a Development Update video to highlight some of the new additions that you can jump in and experience straight away!

MULTIPLAYER CUSTOMISATION SYSTEM (e1.6.2)

e1.6.2 saw the introduction of a new multiplayer customisation system that rewards you with Loot simply for playing the game.

Loot can be used to unlock different armours and clothing for your character and troops, allowing you to customise the appearance of each troop for each faction, while still retaining the look and feel of the selected class and culture.

Additionally, Loot can be used to unlock various Sigils to display on your banner and shield.

This update allows you to inject more of your own personality into your multiplayer character and will, in time, allow friends and foes to identify you on the battlefield from your appearance alone.

MULTIPLAYER CHEERS (e1.6.3)

With e1.6.3, two additional multiplayer updates arrived to help you when it comes to further expressing yourself and communicating with other players.

Cheers are short animations that can be used to encourage your teammates or taunt your opponents in equal measure, allowing you to celebrate those special moments and acknowledge other players in a more personal way.

MULTIPLAYER SHOUTS (e1.6.3)

And alongside Cheers we have Shouts.

Shouts have a more direct impact on gameplay as they allow you to quickly and effectively communicate with your teammates using a selection of preset commands.

MULTIPLAYER MVP (e1.6.3)

If you plan to peacock around in your shiny new gear, shouting and cheering, then you need to be able to prove that you’re worth your salt. The addition of the most valuable player award in e1.6.3 allows you to do just that, by highlighting the standout player from each team every round.

MULTIPLAYER SCORING SYSTEM (e1.6.3)

But, just before you jump in and try to climb the leaderboard with the bodies of your victims, you should know that it’s not all about top fragging! Alongside the MVP system came a change to how player scores are calculated, with less emphasis placed on final blows, and more on teamwork and recognising each player’s contribution.

MULTIPLAYER BADGES (e1.6.5)

And for the final addition on the multiplayer front, looking ahead to e1.6.5 we have a number of new progressive multiplayer badges that can be unlocked by completing different challenges.

GRANT PEERAGE (e1.6.3)

Well, with all of those huge multiplayer updates it would be fair to think that singleplayer might have taken a bit of a back seat... but you’d be wrong of course!

e1.6.3 saw the introduction of a much-requested sandbox feature: the granting of peerage to companions. This update allows you to elevate your companions to the ranks of the nobility, creating an entirely new family that you get to name.

Naturally, you will need to hold the top office to be able to bestow such honours on a commoner, as well as, a suitable fief to grant to your new vassal and enough reserves in your treasury to cover all associated costs.

Once your companion has received their new title, they will depart your court to be joined by distant members of their family in their new home, serving under your rule.

NEW CROWNS (e1.6.2 - e1.6.5)

If you’re in the position to give away land and titles, then you’re definitely in the position to treat yourself to one of the new crowns added in e1.6.2 - e1.6.5.

SPEAR BRACING (e1.6.2)

And as head out on the customary test run with your new gear, make sure to check out the Spear Bracing combat mechanic that was implemented to singleplayer battles and sieges in e1.6.2.

Spear Bracing poses a fresh challenge to cavalry while offering new tactical options for you to explore.

TAVERN ARTWORK (e1.6.3)

As always, we continue with our efforts to make Bannerlord a more immersive experience that draws you into the world of Calradia, often in subtle ways.

One such way is the game’s extensive collection of artwork which, in e1.6.3, was further expanded with the addition of a new tavern menu background for each major culture.

NEW ISSUE QUEST (e1.6.3)

A new issue quest was added in e1.6.3, bringing the current total to 39, with even more in the pipeline!

Betting Fraud allows you to further explore your villainous side by working with gang leaders to bet on and fix tournaments.

BENCHMARK MODE (e1.6.4)

And finally, e1.6.4 saw the addition of a new benchmark mode that allows you to put the game through its paces, testing both your CPU and GPU performance. The benchmark makes use of a scripted battle to give consistent results across different settings and hardware, with an option to export the final results upon completion of the test.

OUTRO

And that’s it for Development Update #9. Thanks for taking the time to watch the video, we really hope you enjoyed it!

If you have any thoughts or comments on any of the featured updates, please make sure to leave a reply in the comments section below.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you next time!

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
But the best thing is the first day they introduced this system, I found a particular combo (buying a particular helmet as a recruit, then using it for archer, I think) that when I tried to join a game it crashed entire server. I had quite some time having fun just crashing all custom servers with people all over the world (not that there are many, basically one alive per region), multiple times when people rejoined.

Is this the only way to have fun with this game?

Salvo

Arcane
the day that prophesy of Pendor comes out will be THE DAY!!!!!!
Fun mod but also disgustingly bloated

Bloated with what?

one more thing.. care to enlight us wich mod is better and more complete than pendor
Unnecessary padding imo, there's only so much of a wall you can do without a hard and long grind

Have fun with the 1000+ jatu hordes or capping noldor prisoners

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who gives a fuck about M&B multiplayer?
Can I LARP as a princess building my gay ol' empire from scratches and wool in MP? No? See - pointless!

You guys are a bunch of weirdos.

thesecret1

Arcane
Every single update is a long list of crash fixes and various bug fixes, with new features rarely added. To me, that means that for whatever reason (most likely a combination of unexperienced programmers and deadlines), their codebase is fucked. Because this is what your development process ends up being when the codebase is fucked – fixing and fixing and more fixing, because each one of your fixes is liable to break something else, and each new feature is liable to be halted mid-development due to encountering a seemingly impenetrable barrier of bugs. The slow progress would also be explained by it – tracking a bug can take anywhere between five minutes and a week, and tracking it in a fucked codebase (which tends to be basically unreadable) only further prolongs it. Instead of developing new shit, they keep going over old code and fixing it.

Pretty unfortunate, but hardly unusual in software development. Let's hope they'll realize sooner rather than later that there's only one real solution to this issue – to stop with the eternal fixing of various bugs, and instead stop development for a couple months and just rewrite the worst parts of the codebase, this time doing it properly. Of course, halting development for such a time will enrage the fans, which might be why they're still crawling at glacial speed instead.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Every single update is a long list of crash fixes and various bug fixes, with new features rarely added. To me, that means that for whatever reason (most likely a combination of unexperienced programmers and deadlines), their codebase is fucked. Because this is what your development process ends up being when the codebase is fucked – fixing and fixing and more fixing, because each one of your fixes is liable to break something else, and each new feature is liable to be halted mid-development due to encountering a seemingly impenetrable barrier of bugs. The slow progress would also be explained by it – tracking a bug can take anywhere between five minutes and a week, and tracking it in a fucked codebase (which tends to be basically unreadable) only further prolongs it. Instead of developing new shit, they keep going over old code and fixing it.

Pretty unfortunate, but hardly unusual in software development. Let's hope they'll realize sooner rather than later that there's only one real solution to this issue – to stop with the eternal fixing of various bugs, and instead stop development for a couple months and just rewrite the worst parts of the codebase, this time doing it properly. Of course, halting development for such a time will enrage the fans, which might be why they're still crawling at glacial speed instead.

It seems to me that they went with their own engine, which is super rare those days. Actually they deserve some credit for that because the only reason you can feel it is special is because it that doesn't look like a generic Unity or Unreal clone like almost every other game.

Mud'

Scholar
Who gives a fuck about M&B multiplayer?
Can I LARP as a princess building my gay ol' empire from scratches and wool in MP? No? See - pointless!

You guys are a bunch of weirdos.

Isn't there like a Bannerlord Online mod that allows you to do exactly this?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I care about MP, and played Warbandd as well as Bannerlord now almost solely in multiplayer. It gives some variety to gameplay, whereas braindead AI is so extremely easy to kill in SP and the entire idea of the game is focused so much on the grind that I lost interest in SP still in the original M&B.

What can I say, I don't enjoy grind nor killing hundreds of enemies singlehandely. In multiplayer every fight can be deadly and enemies are way less predictable.

A horse of course

Multipass tards are always massively overrepresented in these games because they are disproportionately loud in their respective communities (via e-celebs/influencers, for example). Not to mention every dev has a fantasy of turning their game into some kind of e-sport shite.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I also used to think singleplayer is everything I want. But since I actually tried MP for the last couple of years (eg Arma 3) I found it opens up completely new gameplay that I didnt even know existed. Now I often dont play until one of my friends is available. Must say that we play strict coop though, the idea of pointless PVP like in GTA Online is still horror.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom