Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

vota DC

Augur
I tested out the 1.7 and it feels like melee troops are now extremely prone to attrition from just about anything. Like, I had a fight between some T2 infantry and a bunch of looters and the looters just slaughtered almost all of them.
Yes t2 infantry is elite of the elite lol. You didn't tell us how many troops were on each side... T2 infantry are basically looters with weakest armor. T1 are peasants with pitchforks and shit, those are worse than looters.. I don't have a clue what did you expect would happen... You just gave your peasants weakest armor and weapons they don't know how to use..
Recruit should be more tier 1.5 than tier 2 like old Warband. In Warband looters were strong as farmers. Watchman was just tier 2 while farmer, recruit and looters all tier 1.
Skills and equipment had bigger impact in warband, I am doing a mod with a zergling faction...their recruit Is naked, has skills below zero (It works: very negative athletics and the troop will walk in battle) but still can win even against tier 5 if they outnumber 3:1, they defeat other recruit with 1.5:1

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
AI is still retarded and will happily run deep into enemy territory to siege a castle, only to get into a fight it can't win.

e:
z3he4zz.png

Look at this.

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
AI is still retarded and will happily run deep into enemy territory to siege a castle, only to get into a fight it can't win.
What about siege a castle that has a small garrison and enemy lords are already defeated only for losing interest a moment before the assault and going somewhere else?

deuxhero

Arcane
New update launched. Adds the fixes from last beta and overhauls the save format in a way you need to convert old saves to work. Among the fixes pushed into main branch are siege towers are finally working now. Thinking I'll start playing it again after stopping nearly two years ago. What mods should I grab?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What about siege a castle that has a small garrison and enemy lords are already defeated only for losing interest a moment before the assault and going somewhere else?

I haven't seen that behavior so far but I didn't pay too much attention to sieges yet since Im not at the kingdom stage of gameplay.

FriendlyMerchant

Captivity events really spices up bonerlord. I like stripping all my enemies of their belongings before locking them in prison. Then I use the women to create enough children to build an army.

Gumsmith

Educated
Thinking I'll start playing it again after stopping nearly two years ago. What mods should I grab?
Kaoses tweaks updated lets you regain smithing stamina over time without resting, which is why I got it. Without it if you want to level smithing then you'll need to sit on your ass and do nothing except for smithing, I didn't find this engaging for some reason.

FriendlyMerchant

I tested out the 1.7 and it feels like melee troops are now extremely prone to attrition from just about anything. Like, I had a fight between some T2 infantry and a bunch of looters and the looters just slaughtered almost all of them.
What! Are you America faction anon! Are you! What!

I am Sturgian Raider faction anon. Luv raiding Buttanians to get free hero recruits to support me heavy boys.

deuxhero

Arcane
Thinking I'll start playing it again after stopping nearly two years ago. What mods should I grab?
Kaoses tweaks updated lets you regain smithing stamina over time without resting, which is why I got it. Without it if you want to level smithing then you'll need to sit on your ass and do nothing except for smithing, I didn't find this engaging for some reason.

Why not a standalone mod for that?

So far I've got:
Mod Configuration Menu
UI Extender
Butterlib
Harmony
Bannerpaste
Helmet Hair Cover

Waiting for character creation mod to be updated. Welcome any further recomendations.

Gumsmith

Educated

Why not a standalone mod for that?
Only thing I could find that worked for the 1.7.0 beta. If there's something else that does the same thing then that'll be okay too.

MiguelSerranoFan

Educated
I am the sole existing fan of Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword, and Taleworlds going back in time instead of forwards was a massive disappointment for me, much like every other aspect of the game beyond being able thrust overhead with the spear.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I only watched 15 minutes or so of that video, but I didn't hear dude say anything about the mechanics supporting the game's core simulation. If the player's progression from lone murderhobo, to noble vassal, to ruler of the world is still not implemented in a believable and satisfying way, then it doesn't matter how much horse armor they add. The battles may be fun but without a proper meta to give them purpose the game is worthless.

P.S. Did they ever finishing implementing the main quest (i.e. the stuff with the Dragon Banner or whatever)? The fact that they released the game with a broken critical path, only to add a "sandbox mode" a year later, is peak Taleworlds and I will never not find it hilarious.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's 2 years this March since this clownshow hit early access.

Well, he's clueless and wrong.

P.S. Did they ever finishing implementing the main quest (i.e. the stuff with the Dragon Banner or whatever)? The fact that they released the game with a broken critical path, only to add a "sandbox mode" a year later, is peak Taleworlds and I will never not find it hilarious.

Nope.
The skill system is also utterly fucked still. Unless you grind like a madman your own character will NEVER be as skilled as a random noble.
They actively moved BACKWARDS in some regards, for example you can't set unit groupings manually anymore. No way to put all recruits in one group.
Economy is broken and it is basically impossible to support multiple parties without exploiting smithing.
For some reason when I split my initial group in two so my new wife could have her own party, hers costs 1000+ denars when the original 80 men I had cost only ~250. It makes no fucking sense.

Last edited:

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom