Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's 2 years this March since this clownshow hit early access.

Well, he's clueless and wrong.

P.S. Did they ever finishing implementing the main quest (i.e. the stuff with the Dragon Banner or whatever)? The fact that they released the game with a broken critical path, only to add a "sandbox mode" a year later, is peak Taleworlds and I will never not find it hilarious.

Nope.
The skill system is also utterly fucked still. Unless you grind like a madman your own character will NEVER be as skilled as a random noble.
They actively moved BACKWARDS in some regards, for example you can't set unit groupings manually anymore. No way to put all recruits in one group.
Economy is broken and it is basically impossible to support multiple parties without exploiting smithing.
For some reason when I split my initial group in two so my new wife could have her own party, hers costs 1000+ denars when the original 80 men I had cost only ~250. It makes no fucking sense.

Sound like you just suck at the game. I never exploited smithing in my 3 full runs so far. And only thing 1.7 changed in this category is that they reduced smithing abuse a bit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

P.S. Did they ever finishing implementing the main quest (i.e. the stuff with the Dragon Banner or whatever)? The fact that they released the game with a broken critical path, only to add a "sandbox mode" a year later, is peak Taleworlds and I will never not find it hilarious.

Nope.
The skill system is also utterly fucked still. Unless you grind like a madman your own character will NEVER be as skilled as a random noble.
They actively moved BACKWARDS in some regards, for example you can't set unit groupings manually anymore. No way to put all recruits in one group.
Economy is broken and it is basically impossible to support multiple parties without exploiting smithing.
For some reason when I split my initial group in two so my new wife could have her own party, hers costs 1000+ denars when the original 80 men I had cost only ~250. It makes no fucking sense.

Sound like you just suck at the game. I never exploited smithing in my 3 full runs so far. And only thing 1.7 changed in this category is that they reduced smithing abuse a bit.

A well placed workshop will make about 250 denars.
Caravans are entirely unreliable.
Holdings are a drain on your finances more than a boost.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Cavalry is still pretty bad too, I tested some mid-tier cav against looters and more often than not they just push them out of the way and miss their spear/lance thrusts entirely.

Although throwing javelins at least is funny with the new ragdolls:

Here is what I mean: Not a single kill and they can't even stick together after the first charge.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Nope.

A well placed workshop will make about 250 denars.
Caravans are entirely unreliable.
Holdings are a drain on your finances more than a boost.

As I said, you suck. Go read some online guides so you can L2P.

Alter Sack

Magister
So I finally bought the game yesterday and got immediately royally fucked up with my seven minions at the beginning by ten looters.

I must be doing something wrong.

Can't remember that something like that happened to me in the older Warband game.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So I finally bought the game yesterday and got immediately royally fucked up with my seven minions at the beginning by ten looters.

I must be doing something wrong.

Can't remember that something like that happened to me in the older Warband game.
It could happen in Warband as well if you weren't careful.

A good tactic for fighting looters at the start of Bannerlord is to have your recruits Advance at the start of the round, that will make them move forward in formation. Then you ride ahead on your horse and try to pull away some looters so that they reach your troops one at a time.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Cavalry is still pretty bad too, I tested some mid-tier cav against looters and more often than not they just push them out of the way and miss their spear/lance thrusts entirely.

Although throwing javelins at least is funny with the new ragdolls:

Here is what I mean: Not a single kill and they can't even stick together after the first charge.
Off topic, but since when can we embed catbox videos? Is there some trick to it?

Zanzoken

Arcane

Personally I think it's fine if cavalry need micro in order to be organized into repeated charges. But the way they whiff on the lance hits is pretty bad.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

upload_2022-1-8_7-49-42.png

mystery.png

ArchAngel

Arcane

Personally I think it's fine if cavalry need micro in order to be organized into repeated charges. But the way they whiff on the lance hits is pretty bad.
Does not matter. They got three duties: 1. chase enemy cavarly/horse archers; 2. Smash into melee so they their AI loses it for long enough so my line of archers can pick them off ; 3. Chase down those fleeing before they can exit the map.

They do those 3 tasks well enough.

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3510

Tired of AI parties getting free troops when they are defeated only to come back with doomstacks? Here's your fix. Removes the free troops lords get when they are defeated and respawn. Now they're just like you. This only affects lord parties.

:hmmm:
This mod would be a big change. It would speed up the game by a lot as once you start winning , other side has no way to get back into the war. So it makes the game much easier. The factions you would decide to join as a lord would soon roll over everyone else as AI is retarded.
On the other hand you are no longer going to be fighting strong armies a lot and getting a lot of money and reputation from it. This would kill mercenary into King gameplay as by the time you are ready to become King one/two factions would become so strong you might not have a chance to survive it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I installed 1.7 once it exited the Beta, so far the game runs great and plays well even on my old PC. I am doing the mercenary into King gameplay in Sandbox mode. It should be a bit more doable now without chopping everyone head off (I done one like that where only me and my companions were fighting the whole map, takes a while and you don't even need towns but you bring them down one by one) now that you can turn your companions into lords under you.
Atm I am leveling up my skills and of few companions I got leading their own parties while I try to become rich (got about 500k atm). Once I am at about 2 million I will look at who is the weakest faction and try to capture a castle or a town from them. Then I can make my own kingdom and then lead armies with my companion parties that can actually accomplish things directly.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Tired of AI parties getting free troops when they are defeated only to come back with doomstacks? Here's your fix. Removes the free troops lords get when they are defeated and respawn. Now they're just like you. This only affects lord parties.

This mod would be a big change. It would speed up the game by a lot as once you start winning , other side has no way to get back into the war. So it makes the game much easier. The factions you would decide to join as a lord would soon roll over everyone else as AI is retarded.
On the other hand you are no longer going to be fighting strong armies a lot and getting a lot of money and reputation from it. This would kill mercenary into King gameplay as by the time you are ready to become King one/two factions would become so strong you might not have a chance to survive it.

It gets tiresome to see the same lord coming at you over and over again though. I didn't know the AI would receive free troops after being defeated, but Im not surprised.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It gets tiresome to see the same lord coming at you over and over again though. I didn't know the AI would receive free troops after being defeated, but Im not surprised.
To make sure they don't, put them in a dungeon or keep them as your prisoners and reject all deals to sell them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom