Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord; TaleWorlds

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, sequel to the popular sandbox strategy RPG from Turkish studio TaleWorlds, was released today after over a decade in development. After a meandering two and a half years in Early Access, Bannerlord seems to have lost any hype it might have once aroused on our forums. In the end, it's largely just a remake of Warband with better graphics, which isn't the worst thing in the world. TaleWorlds haven't done themselves any favors by not putting together a launch trailer for it, though. Here's an excerpt from their final development update:

Greetings warriors of Calradia!​
We’re thrilled to announce the official release of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord on PC and consoles (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X)!​
Bannerlord first set off on its journey back in 2012 when it was announced some two years after the launch of its predecessor Warband. And while the company was much smaller in these times of yonder, from the start, everyone poured their hearts and souls into creating a medieval sandbox that would offer players many hours of joy.​
We’re immensely proud of the whole team - past and present - that worked together on the title and will continue to do so into the future as we develop the features and changes mentioned in our Release Plans post.​
We’re just as much grateful to our community that supported us throughout the early access period, providing feedback and suggestions that indubitably helped us create a better game. It was a pleasure to meet you at events like Gamescom and PAX over the past years, joining in what we all care about - the games we make and the people playing them.​
The last few weeks were exciting, not just because they were leading up to release, but because they saw the arrival of eagerly awaited features like custom servers, multiplayer modding, and the steam workshop. It should come as no surprise that our talented community of content creators and event organizers wasted little time putting these to good use. Many mods are now available at the click of a button while multiplayer events are pushing past boundaries - with the most recent one this Saturday peaking at over 500 players on a single server.​
Keep an eye on this board if you would like to participate in some of the upcoming tournaments & events.​
Those of you following our steam beta news (or even playing it) already know that we have been working on additional content updates to accompany the launch. With today’s release, we are sharing these - and some extras - with everyone. You can find all the details in the patch notes below. You can also watch our latest development update video that recaps some of the recent changes.​
Finally, we would just like to once again thank everyone that has accompanied us during the early access as well as everyone that is going to join us for the next part of the journey. Whether you are new to the franchise or an experienced veteran, we hope that you will enjoy Bannerlord.​

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is available on Steam and GOG for $50, with a nice 20% launch discount until next week. Another vaporware legend put to rest. Check out the full development update for the final changelog.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Here's list of 20. You're bound to find at least few to your liking. My favourite is Burning Empires, set during fall of Western Roman Empire. Makes me feel all cozy and warm, considering we're reliving same thing today, and I'm in Eastern Roman Empire part and now it's our turn to watch you be raped, burned and skullfucked while eating mud and worms. Modders already added boats and bunch of shit. Also TaleWorld promised official DLCs and more previously promised features in future updates. Also there's excellent Crusades mod in making. It's called In the Name of Jerusalem 2. Situation looks promising

When Bannerloard went into early assess I pretended that my grey temples looked dignified. Now that it has released, I just pretend that my white hair is actually blond. My pretence at hanging on to even the vaguest semblance of youth is about as realistic as anyone giving a shit about Bannerlord at this point.

early asses
That we were, men. That we were.
My shit typing aside, were my grandad still alive he'd be the only who'd remember Bannerlord in early access back when he was a young buck. The only way that f'ing thing was playa
ble was via mods. I own it, it has released, and I can be bothered to download it. Mod's will fix it a some point like XCOM 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom