Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I just hope they put some moderate effort into town and castle management this time. Not asking for some deep 4x stuff but something that actually matters would be nice. There's no point in setting up businesses in major cities and the village improvements are mostly useless.

Duckard

Augur
I hope they add some more stuff to the single player campaign to give it a bit more depth and complexity. Seems like they've been focusing more and more on MP stuff since Warband. That's cool and all, but I might as well just play the first one instead of getting the sequel then; at least it already has some good mods.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I hope they add romances, otherwise it's just going to be another generic hack n slash game :roll:

Emily

Arcane
I just hope they put some moderate effort into town and castle management this time. Not asking for some deep 4x stuff but something that actually matters would be nice. There's no point in setting up businesses in major cities and the village improvements are mostly useless.
yes this times 100!
That really felt lacking

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Cities/strongholds that don't look like shit would be a huge improvement.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The main thing I would like to see is larger battles with more tactical options, such as grouping soldiers into units of similar troop types.

More depth in the campaign would be nice too, but it's not so important for me, the campaign mostly serves as set-up for the battle goodness.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
There's a big incline coming to the medieval slasher genre. I wonder how M&B 2 is going to stand in comparison to War of the Roses and this other Kickstarter game.

Emily

Arcane
War of the Roses is multiplayer only.
So if the MB focuses on singleplayer it wont even have competition

Phelot

Arcane
AWESOME!!

And so long as they make modding easy like in the first game, all will be right. They should get the better textures guy to do their art

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
War of the Roses is multiplayer only.
So if the MB focuses on singleplayer it wont even have competition

It's also much smaller scale, no horses if I recall, small maps etc. They don't really have anything in common besides focusing on medieval combat. Was pretty excited when I saw the first video of it, but watched a couple of recent videos and lost interest completely. Looked more like a HL2 mod.

Bulba

Learned
Most likely the new game will have some small cosmetic differences and an extra 10 men on the battlefield. That's what they did with warband and it will be stupid to expect anything else.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i'm playing europe 1200 for warband now... won't need a new m&b for about 5 years, thanks though

OuterSpace

Scholar
this game represents a major portion of the serious gaming market these days. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a portion of that market,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom