Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Goddamn, game crashes at every start (GOG-version). A pirated alpha I once tried worked flawlessly. How did they manage to fuck up the gold release after years and years of voluntary alpha/beta testing by thousands of generous gamers ("early access")? I'll refund and continue playing Warbands then. If the problem gets solved I'll eventually pick it up again. If it's in a 90% sale or so.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this final development video, we look at some of the updates that you can enjoy in v1.0.0 - Bannerlord's full release.

Release Plans - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/512
Economy Balancing - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/economy-changes-with-1-8-and-onwards.452027/

Patch Notes
e1.9.0 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/513
e1.8.1 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/511
e1.8.0 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/508
e1.7.2 - https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/503

00:00 Intro
00:43 Banners
01:17 Reinforcements
01:46 Combat Effects
02:00 Armour Effectiveness
02:11 Battle and Siege AI
02:45 Campaign AI
03:59 Character Development
04:43 Companions
05:11 Clan Management
05:32 Propositions
05:46 Economy Balancing
06:24 Crafting Rework
07:01 Cutscenes
07:18 New Scenes
07:37 New Armours
07:50 Battle
08:12 Custom Servers
08:25 Modding
08:42 Outro

Codex Year of the Donut
Goddamn, game crashes at every start (GOG-version). A pirated alpha I once tried worked flawlessly. How did they manage to fuck up the gold release after years and years of voluntary alpha/beta testing by thousands of generous gamers ("early access")? I'll refund and continue playing Warbands then. If the problem gets solved I'll eventually pick it up again. If it's in a 90% sale or so.
worked fine for me on linux
wasn't sure which exe to use(there's like 12 of them), Launcher.Native.exe crashed, but TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe worked fine

This is among a select few of games, were you dread every new patch. Can these retarded roaches just leave it be and let modders save their bacon? It worked nicely before.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Bannerlord currently has top placement on the Steam front page for the "release" and still isn't in the Top 10 of sellers.

XUbyJMv.png

HsUQLVe.png

I wonder if that's ever happened before. Seems like an indictment of how over this bullshit the fans are.

Modron

Arcane
Vanilla top sellers page is localized to your vicinity (don't know if this is by country, region, some specific radius in km or miles, or whatever), perhaps you just live in a tasteless area considering how far up Destiny 2 is?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Bannerlord currently has top placement on the Steam front page for the "release" and still isn't in the Top 10 of sellers.
I wonder if that's ever happened before. Seems like an indictment of how over this bullshit the fans are.
Everyone who was interested bought the game in early access two years ago. It's probably not going to hit top 10 bestseller again any time soon.

Everyone who was interested bought the game in early access two years ago. It's probably not going to hit top 10 bestseller again any time soon.
Funny thing is with the 1.0 release that hasn't stopped Taleworlds from wasting a fuck ton of money on sponsored streamers on twitch and youtube.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Funny thing is with the 1.0 release that hasn't stopped Taleworlds from wasting a fuck ton of money on sponsored streamers on twitch and youtube.
God, this shit makes me feel old. Is shitting money onto YouTube and Twitch what makes a game anymore?

I bought the early access for Mount & Blade based upon word of mouth on the Codex back in 2004, and that game achieved a level of success with little marketing. These "influencer" fucks are the gayest thing about the internet outside of Reddit.

thesecret1

Arcane
God, this shit makes me feel old. Is shitting money onto YouTube and Twitch what makes a game anymore?
It has been decades now that money spent on marketing often exceeds money on the development of the game. "Influencers" are just another venue of marketing. Hopefully they're at least cheaper.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
It has been decades now that money spent on marketing often exceeds money on the development of the game. "Influencers" are just another venue of marketing. Hopefully they're at least cheaper.
Well, there have been many games that have done well by word of mouth in the past few decades, while several games that were promoted in the fag-sphere of Twitch failed. A solid reputation is the best form of marketing.

CHIN00K

Novice
overall objectively better than vanilla warband w/ a multitude of improvements or features that vanilla warband didn't have, including: much larger world, much larger battles with good performance, pre-battle formation placement screen, functional siege machines, battle terrain system means the battle maps actually represent and look like your location on the world map, clan system with births & deaths that also applies to the AI, can promote companions so they become nobles and start their own clans within your kingdoms... overworld has a very comfy feel, the music is fantastic and changes depending on world location. many small features/improvements such as smithing, kingdom policies/voting, creating caravans, lords banners that buff troops, better visuals etc
"It's better than vanilla Warband" is a remarkbly low bar to set after 10 years of development. Sure, bannerlord has all those things you mentioned, but at the same time it's still incredibly shallow regarding all things on the kingdom-level scale compared to fucking vanilla warband + diplomacy. There's no political intrigue, alliances, or anything. Kingdoms just wage war constantly. That's it. Once you grow to a certain size, there's nothing to do but paint the map in completely motiveless wars.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Played it for a dozen hours, overall bannerlord 2 doesn't reinvent the wheel, its just m and b 1 in a better engine and with ui that doesn't make inventory management a total chore.
Was involved in 1000ish vs 1000ish big battle (don't know how many npcs are spawned at one time but certainly felt hectic enough) and during the whole thing game only mini froze 4 times which i consider a massive improvement over m and b 1 which would just usually just ctd in large battles if you were struggling.

Can't ask for much more in a modern sequel nowadays, that they didn't break things too harshly. Now it's on modders to take the base game and make a shining diamond out of it just like with the first title.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I started a new run yesterday with release version (last run was around start of 2022), this time with Khuzaits. Horse Archers seem weaker than I remember. I might need to be just Khuzait in name only and switch back to Battanian archers and heavy calvary (from multiple factions).

Anyways, game is still lots of fun like I remember, played until 2 am which is not a good idea on work day.

vota DC

Augur
overall objectively better than vanilla warband w/ a multitude of improvements or features that vanilla warband didn't have, including: much larger world, much larger battles with good performance, pre-battle formation placement screen, functional siege machines, battle terrain system means the battle maps actually represent and look like your location on the world map, clan system with births & deaths that also applies to the AI, can promote companions so they become nobles and start their own clans within your kingdoms... overworld has a very comfy feel, the music is fantastic and changes depending on world location. many small features/improvements such as smithing, kingdom policies/voting, creating caravans, lords banners that buff troops, better visuals etc
"It's better than vanilla Warband" is a remarkbly low bar to set after 10 years of development. Sure, bannerlord has all those things you mentioned, but at the same time it's still incredibly shallow regarding all things on the kingdom-level scale compared to fucking vanilla warband + diplomacy. There's no political intrigue, alliances, or anything. Kingdoms just wage war constantly. That's it. Once you grow to a certain size, there's nothing to do but paint the map in completely motiveless wars.
Peace time Is even worse than warband.

For political....what they say in game Is never been implemented:
1) There are 3 Imperial factions: military, senate, dinasty *they are exactly the same*
2) Lake rats lure ships to ambush them *there aren't ships*
3) Embers of the flame religious order that Is waiting for the return of the holy emperor *happy to help any barbaric faction that want to destroy the empire*

Also minor things like
Look this was the Imperial former Capital *It Is a vlandian city without any Imperial elementi*

Bannerlord politics and lore say a lot of things but never implement in game, so no reason to do political intrigue if It has zero effect.

DesolationStone

Educated
I remember when it was 2016: I was in my second year of the middle school when Talesworld released this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg&t=126
Now it's 2022, I'm studying in university, and the funny thing it's that 10 after the announcement of Bannerlord and six after the release of this trailer, the siege gameplay (and the game itself) it's literally the S-A-M-E, and also why the solders, both attackers and defenders, spawned 100/200mts before their siege/defence machines?

Takamori

Learned
Its all right, but I really don't like the YOU MUST BE THE CHOSEN BUTTERLORD. Fuck let me be a fucking mercenary and chill with war plunder.

Edit: Wish I had the good autism to make a mod to convert this game into Battle Brothers, in theory the tools are there for such

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember when it was 2016: I was in my second year of the middle school when Talesworld released this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg&t=126
Now it's 2022, I'm studying in university, and the funny thing it's that 10 after the announcement of Bannerlord and six after the release of this trailer, the siege gameplay (and the game itself) it's literally the S-A-M-E, and also why the solders, both attackers and defenders, spawned 100/200mts before their siege/defence machines?

me.jpg

My comment on that video :negative:

user

Savant
Is there any mod like Bannerlord or Kaoses Tweaks that works on 1.0.0 yet? Want to add injuries to the arena and up the experience a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom