Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade release date - Now Even More Specific

Calis

Pensionado
Tags: Mount & Blade

Apparently, we never posted the exact release date for Mount & Blade, even though it has been announced. So here it is:<blockquote>NEW YORK- July 30, 2008 – Paradox Interactive today announced the release date for their highly anticipated upcoming PC medieval, action-RPG title, Mount & Blade. Mount & Blade will be released in North America on September 16 and in Europe on September 19, 2008.</blockquote>
<br>
<em><A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkElulAFyVbxCnjptT.php" target="_blank">GB</A> made me do it</em>
<br>
Don't forget to get crazy in our <A HREF="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=25724">MS Paint Mount & Blade contest</A>.

Fez

Erudite
I'm kind of worried now as to whether or not there will be much real content in the game. The last version felt somewhat in the early or middle stages still, rather than just needing some polish.

Oarfish

Prophet
Did seem like they were adding gameplay and content though, 7-8.x was pretty much all engine changes. 9 and above has seen a fair few content additions.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
mbcovervq1.jpg

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Zomg

Arbiter
Kind of a kick in the dick that they didn't get that deviantart guy that did all that great sketch art for the website and loading screens to do the box.

elander_

Arbiter
What a great crpg M&B could have been, with just a few interesting characters and well written quests.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Zomg said:
Kind of a kick in the dick that they didn't get that deviantart guy that did all that great sketch art for the website and loading screens to do the box.
IIRC those Paradox faggots have control over publishing.

LCJr.

Erudite
Korgan said:
bat_boro said:
So it is set in Middle-Earth then?
oh, wait

Well, seeing as everyone's going to play The Last Days anyway...

Hardly, everyone will be playing my mod. If I ever port it to the new version that is.
everyone in this case being defined as less than 200 people

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
New Q&A at TaleWorlds

Tig: Are you satisfied with the game at 1.0?
  • Very much. The game was already very good. We have been able to polish the animations, sounds and AI in the last few weeks, and I think those have made a dramatic difference as well.
EaST: Could you ask the most important change in Mount&Blade 1.0?
  • That would be the new original soundtrack. Composer Jesse Hopkins did a wonderful job there.
Almighty: is there going to be a some kind of main plot/story in 1.00 or do they keep the sandbox model?
  • The gameplay remains the same. Sandbox stays, so you define your own story in every game!

Kaiserin

Liturgist
So it's an unfinished ball of crap and they spent all those 15 dollar purchases on fine turkish hashish?

Fez

Erudite
Sounds like it. At least they should be high enough that the rage on the internet will be drowned out.

New sounds and animations is not what I was hoping to hear they had spent that time and money on.

Fez

Erudite
I'm glad I bought it early on in the beta stages before the price started creeping up.

HardCode

Erudite
To be fair, Armagan doesn't call it an RPG. It's an action sandbox with a few RPG elements. No one should have expected it to become a full-fledged RPG, as it was never touted as one.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Rat arse shit fucking twat bollocks! :evil:

Almighty: is there going to be a some kind of main plot/story in 1.00 or do they keep the sandbox model?

* The gameplay remains the same. Sandbox stays, so you define your own story in every game!

Sounds like fucking Pete hines here. The cunt.

As the game was a beta i was willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt, but now i'll just say it's a pile of fucking shit, parts of which are broke as hell and i wuz robbed.

HardCode

Erudite
You are missing the point. It isn't an RPG, and Taleworlds isn't claiming it is, although I've seen previews incorrectly refer to it as such. The game is a fantastic action sandbox.

Fez

Erudite
Hardcode, aren't you somewhat disappointed to hear that he's spent all that time and money for the big retail update on pointless motion capture and music?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
fizzelopeguss said:
A sanbox where you can do fuck all.
No, you get to cue up with your men as the they line up one-by-one to go up the sole available plank to storm a castle. Then they get stuck at the end and die. So you pull out your big sword and have to go there and single-handedly kill everyone only to fail miserably because the game has moved more towards a LARPing simulator.

... but get on your horse in an open field and you single-handedly kill all before you without any problems what-so-ever. Hopefully all of that shit's been fixed up in the "AI tweaks".

HardCode said:
You are missing the point. It isn't an RPG, and Taleworlds isn't claiming it is, although I've seen previews incorrectly refer to it as such.
There really does need to be some mother-fucking story though.

dagorkan

Arbiter
HardCode said:
You are missing the point. It isn't an RPG, and Taleworlds isn't claiming it is, although I've seen previews incorrectly refer to it as such. The game is a fantastic action sandbox.
Actually when I bought the game it was marketted as an RPG. Armagan came on here and was posting in the RPG sections, Saint Prov making RPG news posts about it. Then sometime around a year and a half ago they removed all the RPG stuff from the website. I questioned them on the main board of the official forums, lots of views and replies and got zero answer.

But according to that Swedish interview video he is still calling it semi-RPG.

HardCode

Erudite
Fez said:
Hardcode, aren't you somewhat disappointed to hear that he's spent all that time and money for the big retail update on pointless motion capture and music?

Sure, I'd have liked the game to move into a more RPG-ish direction. But I'm just saying how much can you criticize a game for not being an RPG when they were originally only claiming to be an RPG-lite. Tis all.

Fez

Erudite
You are missing the point again. They have spent all that time and money on useless shit. What are your thoughts on this disappointment or are you going to dodge it by giving a non-answer going on about it being an "RPG-lite" again? You are thrilled by this turn of events?

The RPG and story parts were talked about more early on though. It was expected that these things would be developed, not motion capture and epic soundtracks. It was "bare-bones", but it's never really been fleshed out.

DU's complaints are also valid and I am beginning to suspect that it will be the same as we have already with useless cosmetic upgrades and little else. Whoop dee doo. If he has fixed those complaints then that'd be great but he's not talking about it or showing it and instead talking about motion capture, so it is rather worrying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom