Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount&Blade Warband : best mods.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
So I got tired of waiting for Bannerlord and started a new Viking Conquest campaign. M&BW has almost everything I like in a game and I already know I'll need more, once I'm crowned as Brytenwalda. But with which mod is the question....
I'm curious of what you guys consider to be the best M&BW's mod among alll overhauls. (I actually have never played Floris, don't know if it can be considered as an overhaul.

Bocian

Arcane
Definitely Floris Expanded. Tons of new items, completely redone faction units (and additional factions, like mercenaries, which are great), better graphics, and the usual enhancements like Diplomacy or Freelancer. Absolutely unrivalled.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Viking Conquest is my favorite even though I hated it on launch. If you want a really unique experience I would recommend 1866 mod for the original Mount & Blade or Chronicles of Might and Magic (unfinished but playable). Do not play the Warband version of 1866 as it's shit.

Helton

Arcane
Check out Silverstag for a vanilla+ experience. Lots of interface improvements, companions can take over jobs for you (like managing food and prisoners), perk system for pc and npcs, improved tournament system, and more.

Anno Domini 1257, Rome At War2, Gekokujo and L'Aigle if you just want a changed setting (they do include some of the more popular submods suchs as Freelancer.)
Floris and Nova Aetas if you want new/changed features. I personally love Nova Aetas, even though some of its new features are a bit wonky and sometimes do not work at all.

Would you install mods on a first time playthrough? I admit that I played mount & blade before it became warband.

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I recommend everyone at least tries Solid and Shade. If you don't dig the theme do it for the lulz. It really nails the "mod for a niche turkish indie game from late 2000s" aesthetics and finding the correct version of the game just to install the mod is imo one of the highlights.

I recommend everyone at least tries Solid and Shade. If you don't dig the theme do it for the lulz. It really nails the "mod for a niche turkish indie game from late 2000s" aesthetics and finding the correct version of the game just to install the mod is imo one of the highlights.
I checked the mod and it requires Mount & Blade 1.011 only.

Am I wrong or Mount & Blade 1.011 is now free?

I checked this website and it seems to have a few links, but only one works: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=45208.0

but it is said "demo" http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=3140&id=16973

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's just how original m&b demo works, it's the full game but if you don't give it the cd-key you're capped at like 7th level.
AFAIK the steam version of the game is 1.010, and gog is edited 1.011 that sometimes doesn't work with mods, so this seems to be the only way to get proper 1.011 from official source.
However, we have to go deeper. What you really want is the enhanced 1.011, which devs silently released on their site just to remove it later. It fixes some errors and, well, enhances the engine. You can find a backup on moddb.

Incantatar

Cipher
PoP has horrible voice actors and autistic devs but it is huge and hard. And who doesn't enjoy huge and hard things that place themselves in your rectum at the beginning? It takes hundreds of hours to finish that mod.

The Last Days was enjoyable too. Own soundtrack, better voices, detailed hand crafted maps.

In solid and shade, your first objective should be going to Old Zentar as soon as you start playing.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Thanks for the advices. I'll try Gekokujo and L'aigle for sure. Might have a walk in last days or one of the Westeros mod if I have time.

For now I started a AD1257 campaign and having a blast. My char is from the Crusader States. First battle where I saw the horse archers in action, I was so amazed. Coming from Viking Conquest where formations are everything battles in AD 1257 feels like chaos. But I love it. If I play again I'll do as a muslim, their troops and tactics are awesome.

The work that has been put in this mod ! In any things, once I start to enjoy something I want to do it myself, but mods, I wouldn't even try. I'm better as consumer. You work your ass hours for free and get messages from the ungrateful crowd like ; "you ! rebalance those (insert poster's nationnality) units ! There were much more badass in RL ; I know it for a fact, when I don't spend my time sitting in front of my computer, I travel in time" or comments like "fix those bugs you moron, your mod is shit, I won't waste my time playing it".

Anyway, a comment in the thread made me remember I actually never played the vanilla game and directly jumped into Brytenwalda and then Viking Conquest. The thing that drives me into strategy game is my passion for history, I wonder if I miss something by not playing the original game. I will most definitely when Bannerlord is out though, maybe I shouldn't bother with Warband (thinking loud).

mbv123

Arbiter
Whatever you do, avoid the ACOK mod like a plague. It's filled with garbage design choices and the creator is a narcistic fuck who refuses to take any criticism. It's probably the most unfun mod I've ever played for M&B

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If you want some "mod for a niche turkish indie game from late 2000s" fun, I recommend Wedding Dance for M&B. Also requires the non-Warband version, but it's worth getting just for the... experience that is Wedding Dance.

Let the screenshots speak for themselves.

image.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

6106-15-1467194861.jpg

Mount-and-Blade-The-Wedding-Dance-Mod-Temple.jpg

Mount-and-Blade-The-Wedding-Dance-Mod-Chariot-Battle-2.jpg

Mount-and-Blade-The-Wedding-Dance-Mod-Chariots-2.jpg
ru4gzq.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
Looks like Prophecy of Pendor 3.9 is available now. I'm definitely getting Wedding Dance instead though. I could immerse myself deep in to this game. I hope it has my version of C's & C's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom