Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Mutants Rising - fanmade Fallout TC

zool

Arcane
Have a look at this recently released screenshot of the FO2 dialogue editor (right-hand part). I couldn't not post it here. :lol:

More seriously, the guys doing this Mutants Rising mod look like they are serious about staying true to the Fallout spirit, and their leader and main coder Chris Parks has already delivered quite a few things on the Fallout modding scene. Their official website is down at the moment but having followed the development of this mod for quite a while, I'm confident it will actually see the light of day. It will certainly not be as good as the original game but it might provide some entertaining roleplaying, as well as gorgeous new 2D art. The new intro video linked to in the Easter press release sucks though, mainly because of the poor voicing - but then again, new intro videos are rarely where mods shine.

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
micmu said:
Ambitious but if this ever gets released I'll eat my own shoes and post pics on the Codex.

Updated my micmu.txt

zool

Arcane
New update on the official site, with a trailer for the upcoming demo (to be released on December 25th). I can't wait for this, sounds a lot like a true Fallout 3 to me.

http://www.mutantsrising.info/

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
P. weird date for a demo release, but cool. It feels like this thing has been in development forever...
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Nice to see Mutants Rising going so well.
I think they should port their work to the FOnline engine, though. Much less of a hassle, and it has cool features they could use.
I second this.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I've submitted the video/announcment to the NMA news people, but apparently no one there is interested in the original games anymore, oh well...

Anyway, I wish these guys the best luck. They have good ideas, are talented and have passion doing what they do while staying true to the originals. Knowing how clumsy and cumbersome Fallout 2 modding is they do an incredible job to endure it till the end - a finished product. I know it myself, it is so much more easier to do stuff with the FOnline engine - so props to them for still sticking to the "true" Fallout modding, it is admireable.

mariog

Educated
Speaking of FO2 mods, did anyone try this?.

I read about it in a NMA fallout thread - as far as I know, at first it was supposed to come out both in Russian AND English, but apparently the eng translation hs been delayed.

Man, o man does this sound and look good! Can't wait to finally have something new but good to play. And postapoc! Can't wait for this and lost alpha... These guys do it from the heart cause they're fed up with todays shit and it shows. Well, whatever their reasons are I wish them all the best and hope that they deliver... :love:

Mortmal

Arcane
I just finished it, its a nice mod, the town layout is well done, but still its extremely linear, and it end up in a cave killing rats, quite cliché. Well the story is ok but i remember much more freedom in the fallouts, and frankly i am not satiated at all it ends up abruptly far too early.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mortmal said:
I just finished it, its a nice mod, the town layout is well done, but still its extremely linear, and it end up in a cave killing rats, quite cliché. Well the story is ok but i remember much more freedom in the fallouts, and frankly i am not satiated at all it ends up abruptly far too early.

To be honest first two Fallouts also had pretty linear starting locations (Shady Shands, Arroyo) where you didnt have much to do. Most important thing I was looking for in the mod is competent writing and I think they pretty much delivered and that element. World design is nice and detailed, all quest and situations were "down to earth" and every inquiry had a logical answer. So far everything looks good and cant wait for the entire mod to be finished.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've finished it with a good diplomatic character (high INT, CHA, Speech and Science). It brought the spirit of Fallout back while it lasted. I've noticed a single bug (unused art assets in one room in Cassidy's tavern). I'll probably try a few different character builds to see if there are any differences. I'm very interested in this game being finished.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've had a few laughs during a low intelligence character (high unarmed and lockpick) playthrough. There were differences in a playthrough (some subquests were unavailable, some were completed differently, much less information was available), but the final outcome was the same.

zool

Arcane
:necro:

Team member .Pixote. posted a small update on NMA recently :

ATM there's probably about 4 people, working sporadically...I'm just focused on the maps and artwork, while the others are concentrating on dialogue and scripting. I probably have more spare time than the others, the rest are full time workers focused on making enough of a living to survive.

The game is probably about 85%+ complete, and will be released in English, (probably Polish, French, hopefully Russian), it depends on the time and energy levels of our lead designer Ardent, he was a professional translator previously, and now works as a lead designer in a games company (CreativeForge Games)...

Here's hoping they finally manage to wrap up the mod and release it. Thank God I still have Fallout : Nevada to discover in the meantime.

PS: their lead designer Ardent working at Creative Forge Games (Hard West and upcoming Phantom Doctrine) is a testament to what we can expect in terms of quality.

ironmask

Arbiter
A new update by .Pixote.

All maps have been built, I'm just checking over them carefully for bugs. As or the scripting, I say it's 70% finished, I think all dialogues are complete, but are being edited to remove unnecessary flab. With all that I still can't say when it will be out, sorry...

So it is getting to closer to being finish, slowly. All we have to do is wait for the scripting to be done. Seems like there are less people talking about Mutants Rising and are more hyped for Sonora.

agris

Arcane
Patron
.Pixote. Have you played any recent builds? Is MR going to be good? If you've played 1.5 Resurrection or Nevada, I'd like to hear your comparison of MR to either of them.

.Pixote.

Augur
I had no idea this thread even existed. I have played Resurrection, but haven't played Nevada. I did enjoy Resurrection, though I thought the maps lacked atmosphere, and were generally its weakest element. With Mutants Rising my basic job was to help build the world - art - maps, I have build about 65% of the maps and I'm happy to announce all the maps are now finished. Currently we are a team of 4, and our scriptor/lead designer is very busy with real life, and until he starts scripting again the game can't really progress. But I will say Ardent (scriptor/lead designer) is a extremely talented individual, his ideas have improved this game, as Trump would say, "tremendously".

The size of the game is somewhere in between F1 and F2. Every location has been meticulously thought out and built. I have added decent (as decent as an old game can produce) lighting to every location, so players won't need to 'rest until day' to play the game. Atmosphere has been one of the key elements I've focused on, but the games engine is antiquated, and there's only so much you can do.

When the game gets closer to release I'll make a proper thread here at the Codex.

Here's a few screen grabs.

yLR4XN4.jpg

Z0CkhpD.jpg

WbDyYfT.jpg

AiXvq8h.jpg

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looking good!

Once I complete Fallout of Nevada (next month I hope) it - and Sonora - will be my next great thing to look forward to. I hope work on scripting will recommence soon!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom