Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Dark Souls III(3) + Convergence mod - Cryomancer run

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First of all. Convergence is a very magic focused mod for Dark Souls 3 which adds tons of new spells and new bosses. Is vastly different than the normal DS3. At first, I will be spamming spells till I get decent spellcasting capability and a decent weapon. Cryomacners starts with a frost dagger and cryo """flames""", which is far worse than DS3 vanilla pyro which starts with a great axe and flames.

That said, the beginning is not THAT different. Except the bosses. Bellow, screenshot of the first boss. The second boss is identical.

DbLK5wz.jpg
jYKAyXf.jpg

After some time playing, I had meet my first hard boss. The Archdruid Caimar. With only basic cryomancies I could't do much against him and he was 2HKilling me, so I decided to go exploring the map and my next move is to reach the Painted world ASAP to get better Cryomancies. The tome and the unique vendor is there

4AhYdZs.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued to play, fought the crystal sage, unlocking the road to the cathedral and there, entered the painted world.

fXZTFqI.jpg
PZrmuiB.jpg

There, I got my "Catalyst" and found the cryomancy tome necessary to learn better cryomancies. Also got the necessary stats to wield my ice sword.

SkOuXUC.jpg

SkOuXUC.jpg
BEkNlim.jpg

2ju9GGV.jpg

With better cryomancies, decided to try again vs the archdruid. Failed the first time after letting him almost without hp. And in the second time, I've killed him.

6RdRo6F.jpg
F1EclTc.jpg

Now I will be doing the Cathedral and going to kill deacons of the deep.

------------------------------------

Exploring the Cathedral was a bit different than in vanilla but the boss was the same. Except that in the mod, he was far easier. Due Abyssal comet. This spell is amazing. I can just cast it, reduce their numbers, attack the "glowing red" enemy and proceed to attack the next red. Wait till my FP regens and repeat. I only died once in this boss.

wMRLHZz.png

9Dad5gy.jpg
h8JpjqX.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cleared everything around the keep, the new boss and tried to kill Abyss watchers, but failed a couple of times, so I decided to grind and kill other bosses.
qb3pTmT.jpg
3Yl0PFs.jpg

This "double" boss bellow in particular worth 120k souls.

lM11H1h.jpg
MpEJEwi.jpg

After grinding a bit, with better eqquipment, decided to try again vs Abyss Watchers.

V53f8re.jpg
8gXXNgW.jpg

And now, the next step is catacombs

te3Cvun.jpg

In Catacomb, nothing changed much from vanilla. Found the necro NPC, Nether ring to boost my dark damage and proceded to fight the boss

5p9Z9RJ.jpg
2JGOimN.jpg
ejXE0Pw.jpg

Then, accessed the hidden magma area from the broken bridge before the boss and started to clear it.

RfZqnXD.jpg
fRiYGoR.jpg

This area will gonna be easy as they are weak to my Cryomancies.

----------------------------------------------------

Continuing. After clearing the area bellow catacombs, I killed the boss which was quite easy and then, started to grind some mobs for more xp.

5mBly7H.jpg
upNr9JA.jpg

Avalanche spell is extremely good for farming mobs. As you can see bellow :

6TJdPed.jpg

Reached teh Chapel and then, started to climb to Anor Londo. There, killed an frost dragon miniboss

6FWUmWJ.jpg
VOD1muF.jpg

Died a couple of times but killed the boss there with a ice spear to the face

And moved to kill the Dancer which was quite easy with all of my OP stuff

zsNuGsl.jpg
SkuViJS.jpg

Also made a extremely powerful ring. Now I have 4 rings boosting my Cryomancy/dark damage.

dyyPrgK.jpg

Also tried a couple of times to complete the painted world DLC, but a 3 stage boss fight was too hard. Here is my first death to the stage 3. Executed by decapitation.

uXREGcc.jpg

But after a couple of tries, killed her and unlocked a new area, but decided to move back to dungeons and kill the Giant boss. He was not THAT hard, but I played far more using spells and barely hit him on melee since the camera is too confuse during this boss fight.

U3spZpV.jpg
L3GJvJ0.jpg

After it, upgrated my frozen flame to the maximum level.

QQau8m3.jpg

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Continuing.

Fully upgrated my ""flame"", cleared the new area and fought the new double boss

SfKEaTC.jpg
sfreRHG.jpg
4btakqZ.jpg

After killing 4 great bosses, unlocked a portal to the realm of moonlight. There I fought Pontiff, hsi first phase is like vanilla but his second phase is too strong and I failed multiple times to defeat him.

FEJTSz1.jpg

So I decided to do the other DLC content and there, killed the Demon prince and reached the city

8C057Uo.jpg
9J8IXDV.jpg

You can see my Ice Spear reaching the boss few frames before the win

MCqdNZ7.jpg

VjyHkLo.jpg
ka43E3U.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After a long run, finsihed Archdragon peak

WWIed9e.jpg

And completed the new in game area. Moonlight glade or wathever was the name(I don't remember). And killed the new Pontiff which is now a two phase boss with a very hard second phase. Then, moved back to the DLC and finished it and killed the salve knight gael

xKF8qN2.jpg

LociDvY.jpg
Qas65Co.jpg

aGOJc9O.jpg

vsDsFsF.jpg

After it, killed the final boss and ended the game. My stats :

F0xsDad.jpg
kvdJspt.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom