Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

my dungeon crawler project

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Well damn. Can't wait to see some more progress and completion made on this thing.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
My body wallet is ready.

Don't worry about lack of mouse support, I prefer to play this kind of games laid back with the keyboard on my lap, so it won't be a problem. Hell, even my game has no mouse support since I ditched it from day one. ;)

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
Jettatura is on the horizon -- for real this time! -- and it will be released sometime around October (or, hopefully not, Nov/Dec) via Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2023440/Jettatura/
There's an almost-two-minute gameplay footage trailer and screenshots there which, hopefully, give a good impression of the gameplay.

I'm a bit embarrassed that it took as long as it has to work on this thing up to now, and even more embarrassed how oblivious I was, the last time I posted here a few years ago, about how far from complete this game actually was! Realistically estimating progress and deadlines has always definitely been my weak point when working on anything.

The campaign/scenario/dungeon is fully playable from start to finish, and I will not be tinkering/experimenting/altering fundamental gameplay mechanics any more (aside from last-minute tinkering with tangential stuff like magic spells, item definitions, and probabilities/durations of various status effects). Most (maybe all) gameplay mechanics at this point are settled on the familiar and traditional. From now until October I will use that time to focus entirely on finding and squishing a handful of remaining higher-priority technical bugs I'm aware of (and trying to comprehend enough to properly fix), before ultimately pulling the "release to world" lever. Any other flaws after that which aren't outright bugs (like UI design flaws, of which there definitely are a few) I will fix post-release if the time is drawing too close to that October line.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm a bit embarrassed that it took as long as it has to work on this thing up to now, and even more embarrassed how oblivious I was, the last time I posted here a few years ago, about how far from complete this game actually was! Realistically estimating progress and deadlines has always definitely been my weak point when working on anything.

Most devs get it wrong, as do most non-game project managers, you're in fine company

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And I was about to make a thread about this interesting-looking dungeon crawler I just spotted on Steam. :lol:

megidolaon I think you can ask one of mods to move this thread to GRPG forum for better visibility or you can make a new thread there if you feel clean, new one is better.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Your enemy art looks pretty nice, did you hire an artist for this or did you do it yourself?

ss_ab3059f5db2b6d20fbe0cfc9b0ea17b90b457f39.600x338.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also the funny thing is I randomly remembered this thread like two weeks ago and started wondering what happened to this.

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
Your enemy art looks pretty nice, did you hire an artist for this or did you do it yourself?

ss_ab3059f5db2b6d20fbe0cfc9b0ea17b90b457f39.600x338.jpg

For the monsters and environment pieces, I commissioned Juan Miguel López Barea, whose work also happened to appear in Blasphemous: https://juanmilon.artstation.com/

One post-release "TO DO" I have in mind, is I hope to eventually commission additional background art for items, various city menus, and certain scripted encounters.

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
And I was about to make a thread about this interesting-looking dungeon crawler I just spotted on Steam. :lol:

megidolaon I think you can ask one of mods to move this thread to GRPG forum for better visibility or you can make a new thread there if you feel clean, new one is better.
I'll probably make a new clean one in a bit. There's a billion broken image links all over this thread where screenshots etc. used to be, I guess an image hosting company went out of business since it was made

megidolaon

Kyoto Cybernetics
Developer
Wasn't that quite expensive?
In hindsight I suppose so, but I didn't commission everything all at once, but rather spaced-out smaller multiple times over the course of the game's development since 2013/2014. My turtle-like pace gave me time to save up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom