Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So, how about voting for the recently added 4th choice? I think we are missing an opportunity here, not taking another companion with us.

^ Top  
  2. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    We ought to take Serpent along.

1. We don't want him left alone with the barbarian
    2. Extreme intelligent will probably have its uses in a massive library.
    3. Healing support for Gareth.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yeah, I'll go along with that.

Lets take Serpent too.

^ Top  
  4. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Why, though? We asked him not to antagonize Tyrvard, and we need the latter on his feet ASAP. If all else fails, he is our way out of this deal.
    Besides, Thais is right. Those two need to sort out their differences.

^ Top  
  5. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    While I agree that they need to sort out their differences, it isn't worth the potential backlash at this juncture. Besides, the barbarian is refusing treatment, and I don't see that changing any time soon. I see their reconciliation as being a gradual process, not something to happen so quickly.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Ditto for Serpent.

^ Top  
  7. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Shouldn't we leave Thais, Serpent, and Tyrvard behind so they can work on reconciliation?

^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Thais believes that the reconsiliation will happen by itself if we leave the two together. She does not see her involvement as necessary.

How far is the library? How much time do we have untli Eris starts getting impatiant?

^ Top  
  9. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Uh.

Preeeetty sure she was joking about the tent thing.

^ Top  
  10. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    No time for feelings, we got ancient libraries to explore.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Well here is what Derryth has observed:

The Children do not really care one way or the other, they would take the deal as well. Tyrvard, you can feel, would rather fight but he is smart enough not to demand anything. Especially since he would not be doing the fighting in his state. Gareth has told you he is not happy about it but he understands why you would want to take the deal and he will back you up whatever you choose. Brigit, Thaïs, and Serpent will defer to your judgement since you are their unofficial leader, both in the expedition and in your new Circle.

Speaking of which, the Circle needs a name so I will be opening a vote on that, feel free to suggest names...

About a day there and a day back and it will probably take a bit of time to find. If you are gone three days she will be pleased, five will probably make her worry a bit, more than that and she may start to think you died in which case she has no real reason to keep looking after your friends... what she would do then is anyone's guess.

Only one way to find out... :troll:

You all still have plenty of time to figure out who you want, I will not have time to do a proper update for a day or two anyway so the polls will be open for at least another 36hrs.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Circle name: Misfits in the Dark

^ Top  
  13. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Circle name: GRACELESS / INEPT ONES
    Either is good for me.

Graceless
    1: lacking in divine grace:
    2: lacking a sense of propriety
    3: not kind or polite

Inept
    1: lacking sense or reason
    2: not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree

^ Top  
  14. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Current Tally:
    a) 12 votes
    b)
    c)

a) 2 votes
    b) 12 votes
    c) 3 votes
    d)
    e) 12 votes
    f) 11 votes
    g) 1 vote

a) 11 votes
    b) 2 votes

a) 6 votes
    b) 6 votes

Name the Circle:

Misfits in the Dark (The Misfits): 1 vote

Graceless Ones (The Graceless): 1 (2) vote

Inept Ones (The Inept): 1 (2) vote

The Circle of Love (The Lovers?): 1 vote

The Circle of the Lost (The Lost): 4 votes

Crow's Nest (The Crows): 1 vote

Mariage Sorcere (The Married Witches): 1 vote

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Amor et Discordia

The circle of quarreling lovers, through whoredom seduction we sow discord amongst others for our own purposes.

^ Top  
  16. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    I like the Graceless so far of the options. Very Black Company esque.

^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    The Circle of Love (love of knowledge, love of adventure, love of riches, you name it)

^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Let's go with accuracy and call ourselves The Inept.

^ Top  
  19. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    The Graceless has been the best one I've liked so far. Some of the other suggestions are a bit too lewd or imply complete incompetence on our part, why not go all out and call ourselves the Circle of the Babylonian Whore Queens?

I'll tentatively propose a name. The Circle of the Lost. Both because we don't really have a proper instructor and because we find lost loot and artifacts.

^ Top  
  20. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    I'll toss in a suggestion for Crow's Nest (The Crows)

^ Top  
  21. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Oh, my vote for Mariage Sorcere was serious, by the way. (Means "Married Witches". The legend of Derryth and her harem starts now.)

^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    You meant "Lesbian Witches", right?
    We need to make this a reality. :incline:
    But what do we have to do with Babylon?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    The problem I see with taking Serpent with us is that we are venturing inside a magic library, on a mission that specifically requires mages (remember Eris' greetings) finding a magical scroll, and Serpent, while extremely intelligent and a member of our Circle, is not a mage. He can't help us find or identify the item unless he stumbles upon it by chance, he can't help us decipher it in case the ritual has certain side-effects we'd like to avoid. The success of the expedition ultimately depends on the very ability Serpent does not have.

As for the name of our little group, I'll go with anything that beats The Graceless (Nameless, Faceless and other 'lesser' names). The Circle of the Lost has a nice ring to it, and is not without meaning while not making it sound like we are completely out of it. But if it won't get the votes, sign me up for The Inept Ones.

^ Top  
  24. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Same. If Mariage Sorcere doesn't pan out, put me down for The Circle of the Lost as well.

^ Top  
  25. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    1) The Plan:

a) You agree to the plan.

2) If you pick 1a then you have to pick three or four people to go with you, who will they be (top three or four picks will go based on the winning vote in #4):

b) Gareth

e) Brigit

f) Miosguinn

3) On a completely unrelated note do you want to memorize the firebolt scroll (and lose the scroll) or keep it for an emergency (use it like a consumable).

a)Memorize it so you can start practicing. (lower strength, but unlimited use based on fatigue)

4) Thaïs has convinced Eris to let you pick an extra person if you want, the question is should you?
    a)Three people

We're leaving the apprentice, who's extremely antagonistic, behind. I think we should leave Thais behind to smooth things over in case she tries to cause trouble. Same with Tyrvard and Serpent.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.