Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

  1. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,288
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    True, but given that the shade led enemy army is less than a day away, I don't want to be at 1/3 strength or whatever we would be at.
     
    ^ Top  
  2. Absinthe Prophet

    Absinthe
    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2012
    Messages:
    3,202
    If we mine the path back, we can probably buy ourselves some more time and (and inflict losses, yay). Also:

    Now add to that Pathfinders with their mortar and conceivably even a shade can get nuked by our buddies alone. And our mages still aren't down for the count, just operating at reduced power, so we can still loose a barrage of zaps, bolts, assaults, etc. while burning cubes.
     
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    We've just had a quarter of our mobile forces and a mortar nuked by mages who were less powerful than shades (though admittedly more cunning). An average Shade is stronger than all of our mages put together.

    We can hit them hard, true, but they can hit back even harder if they put their minds to it.
     
    ^ Top  
  4. Absinthe Prophet

    Absinthe
    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2012
    Messages:
    3,202
    We still have plenty of ranged firepower. And we already destroyed one shade by fighting unfair. At any rate, all this is only a concern if we confront the shade today.

    Heck, Fangshi, if we go back and rest up immediately, it wouldn't take us a full 24 hours to recover, would it?
     
    ^ Top  
  5. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Yes, if you blow through only two thirds of your power then you should be able to get back to full strength in about sixteen hours as long as you avoid any more casting and you take the time to relax mind and body. So no going on raids or working on any spells or that sort of thing if you want to recover quickly. Just sleep and relaxation as healing spells are far more physically and mentally demanding than almost all other 'schools'/fields.
     
    ^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    What do our eagles normally eat? Is Lyssa feeding them, or do they fend for themselves? If there are no objections, have them catch something in the wilderness while we have no other work for them (probably a snake, so that the mice mercenary force wouldn't get agitated). We might want to run some experiments on living specimen.
     
    ^ Top  
  7. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Mice/Rats, they have had to stop hunting them recently though. The last thing you need is for them to accidentally kill one of the rodent nobility and start a civil war. ;)

    Normally they hunt for themselves as they genuinely enjoy it. Lately Lyssa has been feeding them so they don't get up to trouble. They are still animals, and if they are hungry and see a wild mouse or a big juicy rat then sometimes instinct will just take over.

    Sure, they can catch a snake. You want it alive I take it? They will be prone to killing and snacking on them otherwise. I would also be careful as most of the species of snake in the region are highly venomous, you might lose an eagle and if they do bring back a snake you will need to take the time to create the proper tools to handle one (it would be a shame to have Derryth die from a snakebite after all she has survived).
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Dammit, they are eagles. They eat those! One have to ask himself how do they fare in the wilderness without people telling them what is safe to hunt and what isn't! Have them catch a water snake or something. Or a lizard. Or a turtle. Or to hell with it, let it be a small mammal, like a hare - Lys could potentially talk to those if we want feedback from our experiments, even though it might lead to some unfortunate implications.

    I don't want to start playing with fire (or poison, as it may turn out) in the middle of a siege, of all things.
     
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    ^ Top  
  9. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    :lol: Yes, they kill and eat them. You want it brought back alive though and that increases the chance that the snake will get a bite off somehow. (Also these are not Snake-Eagles they do not have the sort of specialized tarsi designed to hunt venomous snakes.)

    Well you are in the middle of the mountains surrounded by desert. Not too many water turtles there I am afraid. ;)

    But I get the idea, they will find something relatively nonthreatening and reasonably safe. Out of curiosity what sort of experiments are you hoping to conduct? If you let Lyssa know what you are trying to do she might be able to find you a suitable animal.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I want to check how the spell Retrieve Item interacts with animals.
     
    ^ Top  
  11. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    That should be doable. She will tell them to catch you a hare or some sort of mammal. That way she can ask it what it experiences as well as observe any physical effects.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Also, Fangshi, what do we need to weaponize our usage of the Gate spell?

    Can we use it to drop a force in the enemy rear for a diversion, do damage, and have them escape back? Can we use it to let the reinforcements in without them having to their way through the enemy army? How demanding (in terms of personal power and/or Energon Cubes) would it be, considering that all the locations would probably be in sight range. What sort of preparations it will require?
    I think we just have enough people to pull it off. So what are the other factors we might want to consider?

    How many mages it would take to open a Gate to Myrgard from where we are standing?
     
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    ^ Top  
  13. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    622
    It'd be hilarious to open a gate in front of our mortar and make the exit a couple of hundred feet above their command tent.
     
    ^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I think we shouldn't try it in the vicinity of their mages, as the control of the Gate will then be decided in a battle of wills and power, in which those archmages probably have an advantage just because of sheer numbers. Not to mention that if they do what we did back then, redirecting the energy of the spell, they could wipe out our whole fortress. Besides, it requires us to have a perfect memory of the place we want to warp into, and empty air is not a good landmark.

    I think the use would have to be more subtle than that.
     
    ^ Top  
  15. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    622
    I don't think we have enough mages anyway. We should put in the letter we need some mages from the academy if possible. Being able to gate away if things go poorly would be invaluable.
     
    ^ Top  
  16. Azira Arcane Patron

    Azira
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Messages:
    8,189
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Codex 2012
    And entirely against Derryths personality, unless she gates away all the other survivors while at it. And then how would she maintain the gate? Not to mention the possibility of it failing horrendously, due to undead archmage meddling (remember the shades?).

    Nope. Gate does not seem like a viable option.
     
    ^ Top  
  17. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    622
    The plan is to quickly gate Derryth or Thais out to the academy or our tower, and then open a gate back to the keep to evacuate everyone. Then we blow the keep up when we wind down the spell by collapsing it. It would take some preplanning but it could be done fairly quickly as long as we weren't being pressed too badly on the walls.
     
    ^ Top  
  18. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The spell takes time to prepare and cast, from half an hour to sevelar hours, IIRC (it's a ritual). If things go sour and we escape, then it means we would have to leave our keep without a commander when our forces need it most, for some time until we reopen the gate.

    Hm, can the Gate be maintained from the other side? That might do it. However, it still would not be safe, as the presence of the Gate should become apparent to the enemy, and the more survivors we try to evacuate, the less forces there will be to defend the other side. The enemy mages might slip through and wrestle the control of the spell from us.

    I don't think it is very viable for us to use the Gate to flee. Still, fleeing is a desperation option. If it came to a choice between dying and resorting to this...
     
    ^ Top  
  19. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    622
    :Conspiracy theory: Treave and Fangshi are the same person. Treave takes off for the week and so does Fangshi...:shunthenonbeliever:
     
    ^ Top  
  20. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    You can but it will be clear to any nearby archmages what you are trying to do and since it takes a while to cast and is rather draining it might not be the safest course of action. The enemy mages might be able to grab a hold of the other end of the spell and turn it into a pushing match or they might just wait for your forces to come out and then ambush them. If you keep the gate open while your forces attack (which you would need to do to prevent trapping them out there for half an hour or so) then there is also the risk that the Shades could seize control of the spell and pour their soldiers through into the fort (which may or may not be to your advantage).

    Still if you want to try it I can include different Gate related plans in the relevant update when/if it should come up.

    The most important fact to consider is that your opponents probably have more than one archmage on their side.

    After that you would need to be percise with where you aim the spell, you would have to be willing to burn through energon cubes or your own power for the day you cast it, you would need some way to communicate with your forces on the outside (which is largely taken care of), you should also take into account that it may be difficult to convince people you have never personally met to step into a magical gateway.

    So enemies, terrain, power cost, and the personalities of your allied commanders could all come into play.

    The math would suggest five or six. You might be able to do it with less if some of them where quite powerful though.


    Only problem with that theory is that I am not a very good writer. ;)


    Anyway, had a lot of work to do this week and now I am going out for drinks to relax (I know I am a horrible person) so you are going to have to wait for those updates till sometime tomorrow when I sober up some.

    Good news is that I found Amena and Ithapi's Interlude (misplaced in an old campaign folder... thought I was going insane...) so it should be up sometime within the next twenty four hours. Once I actually sit down to type it out, it should not take too terribly long.

    The vote will close in fourteen hours and the update will come within sixteen hours of that.

    Not ideal spacing but c'est la vie.
     
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Jester Arbiter

    Jester
    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    1,493
    But them rolls, would love to roll like that during campaigns.

    :drink:
    Drink one to us and everything will be all right. Every person deserves chill time.
    :updatedmytxt:
    so we will wait till Sean Connery update that txt.
     
    ^ Top  
  22. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    So naturally the vote closed twelve hours ago or so. The winning options were:

    1.D: 'Investigate it. This may take time, which you may not have, but you will attempt to study the structure and determine what its purpose is. Use the time the chariots are taking to shuttle your wounded to investigate. If it is important to the enemy and has unreplaceable components that can't be easily taken, level it. If it has important components that you can transport, steal them. If it is nothing special leave it and save the ammo for the army.'

    2.A: Use the mandrake root on Ori

    3.A: Use the mandrake root on Neel

    4.B: Use mandrake roots on the seriously wounded and send the lightly wounded in chariots.

    5.C: 'Throw it in the tunnels and then collapse them. You'll wait outside, far, far away from it until the job is done. Have a chariot drag the staff to the fort and have a dwarf with no magical affinity as driver and a separate dwarf carry it to the tunnels and cover it in molten metal. Cover it in lead if you have enough. If you have almost enough base metals to cover it then consider smelting gold into the mixture to get enough.'

    6.Ai,Aii: And you will send off eagles to Albrecht and to your Stoneheim mercenaries.


    I have just finished typing out the Interlude and will begin on the Update proper shortly (Just a couple things to deal with first). So the Interlude should be up very soon and the update will probably be up in six or so hours, maybe less as it is not likely to be too terribly long.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Interlude 3: What is there in the Dark

    Something is wrong in the dark tower. Cries of terror fill the darkness.

    The sounds of ruined dreams.

    The sounds of crushed hopes.

    The sounds of fear and of failure and of despair.

    The sounds of crawling, skittering horrors that materialize in the night.

    The sounds that will teach them to fear the dark.

    And they warm her in her restless slumber.

    ----------------------------------------

    "Help!" the call goes up and is soon joined by another and another, "Amena! Monster!"

    She bolts out of bed and to the door.

    Is it an attack?

    With a snap of her fingers a spell jumps to life in her hands. A sphere of life and light in the darkness of the old city.

    Shadows? Horrors? What could it be?

    Round and round she races as she descends the stairs heading for the children's room.

    Has Ithapi failed to guard them? Has the tower been breached?

    The cries come as a chorus now, thirteen voices scream out in the dark.

    She slams into the door, casting it open and her sphere of light fills the tower bedroom.

    Thirteen children race to her. The babble, they weep, they point at the corners and closets, under their beds and outside their window as they crowd around her.

    She sighs in relief and begins to soothe them.

    Another false alarm but still she dutifully makes the rounds.

    She fills every corner with light. She opens and empties every wardrobe. She checks and double checks under each bed. And once more she checks the runes on their window.

    Satisfied but shaken the children return to their beds as Amena withdraws from the room.

    Nightmares.

    That is all it was, all it ever is.

    Every night, every night since Derryth left the same call has gone up from the children and every night she has tried to soothe them. Every night she has been forced to make the rounds.

    She has not had a good night's sleep in almost a month.

    Something has to change.

    --------------------------------------------

    As she returns to her room to get dressed it comes winging out of the dark.

    A bird, an eagle. Or at least that is what she thinks it is, having never actually seen one outside of her tomes.

    It lands on her window sill and stares at her.

    She stares back.

    It smiles at her.

    She stares at it.

    It taps the glass with its talon.

    She stares at it.

    It shifts uncomfortably.

    She stares at it.

    It is seems to be getting annoyed as it slowly raises a leg to clearly display a note bound to it.

    Could it be from Brigit and Gareth?

    Carefully she opens the window.

    Gratefully the bird enters and presents not one but two messages to her.

    The first is from Brigit, she enquires after their health and she explains the presence of the eagle.

    Amena smiles at the bird, "So you are a friend of Derryth's?"

    The bird nods.

    "And you are serving as a messenger?" she continues.

    Again the bird nods.

    "Well it is a pleasure to meet you then," she extends a hand which the bird graciously accepts.

    Hmm, smart bird.

    The second letter is from Derryth and Thaïs themselves and it is with great interest that she reads of their adventures in the world above.

    She nods to herself as she finishes, reading their requests, "They want a update on our condition, they want me to teach Ithapi to read, and Thaïs suggests that I seek his advice should I run into any difficulties," she smiles slightly, "Alright, I should be able to do that."

    It seems that something really is going to change.

    ---------------------------------------------

    It is the middle of the night, or at least what passes for night in these dim caverns, and he sits staring out into the dark.

    He is taking a break from his work, the reconstruction and expansion of the servants' quarters. He sits cross legged, leaning against the wall, looking out over the courtyard.

    He does not sleep much anymore.

    The children do not sleep.

    So she does not sleep.

    So he can not sleep.

    It is three in the morning and she should arrive any minute now.

    He counts in his head.

    One.

    He can hear the door below him creek open.

    Two.

    He hears footsteps on the stairs.

    Three.

    The door to his room opens. The only finished room on this floor.

    "Ithapi?" she begins, "Are you awake?"

    She knows he is of course. He sighs and calls to her, "In the adjoining room Amena!"

    He can hear her cross his chamber and glances up just in time to see her enter the half finished room.

    "Not in bed?" she begins.

    "No," he answers with a shrug.

    "Do you have a moment to talk?" she asks, she already knows what the answer will be.

    "Yes," he replies as he draws himself back to his full height and picks up his tools, "But my break is over so we will have to talk while I work."

    She smiles, "Alright."

    It is not like she really wants to talk anyway. He has known her long enough to know that she just wants someone to listen. Maybe grunt here or there, offer sympathy, that sort of thing. By now he is quite good at it really.

    "It is the children," she brushes sawdust off a nearby bench before hopping up on it, "They are having nightmares."

    "Really," he replies dryly as he measures a new board, "You don't say."

    As usual she fails to catch his tone, she nods, "Yes, horrible nightmares. Every night in fact. They dream of spiders, they dream of their goddess, she is furious at them and she unleashes her monsters on them. They run, they fall, they die and then they wake screaming. It is all I can do to calm them and convince them that they are safe."

    "A shame," he begins to cut the board, the slow rhythm of his saw relaxes him.

    "Very much so yes," she sighs, "I just don't know what to do. When Mistr-, when Derryth and the others were here they were fine. I just don't know what is causing these nightmares."

    She pauses but he knows she is not really expecting a response from him so he merely nods and starts in on another board. For a second he thinks he can see disappointment in her eyes but he shrugs it off.

    "If I could only figure out how to help them," she pushes on, resting her head in her hands, "If only Derryth or Thaïs where here, they could calm the children I just know it!" and then she says the words that completely shock him, "Ithapi, I would like your advice."

    He just about cuts a finger off in surprise, "My advice?"

    She nods, "Yes, I would like your advice."

    Well there is a first time for everything he supposes.

    He begins to cut a new board as he answers, "Well, the way I see it is that they feel weak and vulnerable. When our friends were here they were fine. Now that they are gone, the children worry. So if you want them to stop having nightmares then you need them to feel confident and safe."

    She nods slowly, "Sounds plausible. How do we do that?"

    He stops working and stares at her. She really wants to know what he thinks, "Ah, well, they are afraid of the dark, right? So why not teach them that Light spell of yours. Why not show them how to make the anti-shadow runes. Give them something they can use to protect themselves without hurting each other. Ah, that is how I'd do it."

    She beams, "Splendid idea! We will start tomorrow, I will have to work out a lesson plan but- Oh thank you Ithapi! The letter was right!"

    "Letter?" the maul responds, slightly confused.

    "Oh right," she fishes around in her pocket and produces a pair of letters, "Brigit and Gareth found a way to get a message to us and Derryth and Thaïs wrote to us as well!"

    He looks down at the letters, "Ah, that's great. But, well, I will have to take your word for it..."

    Her grin grows wider at those words, "No you won't! Starting tomorrow, you are going to learn to read!"

    Excitement ignites in his eyes but a current of caution dims the flames, "Really?"

    "Derryth requested it herself," she replies with a wink.

    The smile he gives her in response could light the entire city.

    ---------------------------------------------

    The lessons go well all things considered and all of the children are excited to learn a little magic.

    Only half of the children have any real gift for magic but that is fine, to teach them to create a light is a simple matter and only requires the most basic understanding of magical theory.

    "Now I want you all to think of your happiest memory, someone you loved or a wonderful day, just something that brightens your mind and cheers your soul," she stands at the front of the room as her thirteen pupils sit in front of her concentrating.

    "Does everyone have a memory?" she asks.

    "Yes, Miss Amena," they reply in unison.

    "Good," she moves to the next step, "Now I want you to take that happy thought and move it down your arm, down to your hands."

    Instantly four lights appear to a collection of gasps and giggles. Two of them flare out immediately but two of the children manage to hold on, "Good work Maya! Excellent job Anansi!" the two children nod as their peers look on.

    "I want the rest of you to really concentrate now," she urges the rest of the group on.

    Slowly another four lights spring to life: Iktomi, Areop-Enap, Holda, Saulė, each manages to grasp the spell.

    After another hour of work Amena even manages to coax to life three more lights from children with little skill for magic. Most of the children are learning but for some it is simply a hurdle they can not overcome.

    But that was to be expected, thankfully she has a plan.

    She calls to Ithapi, waiting in the hall, and he fills the doorframe, "Mind if I borrow a few of the children?" he asks.

    "Not at all," she replies as he singles out the four children unable to form the spell.

    Reluctantly they rise from their seats and with heads hung follow the maul from the room.

    ---------------------------------------

    Their plan was always likely to cause pain. Not everyone has talent for magic and though he is certain these children could learn the spell given time and perseverance it will do little to bolster their confidence in the short term.

    "I know you kids wanted to learn that spell," he begins as he leads them out into the courtyard, "But not everyone is good at everything. So instead I am going to give you a more practical lesson."

    Standing in the middle of the yard are six large dummies. Each takes a different form, some are fashioned after men, some after spiders, and some after the beasts and slaves of the dark. Each is marked and notched and covered in bright paint, red for vital points, yellow for weak points, and blue for strong points.

    The children eye the 'creatures' warily.

    The maul gestures to two racks of 'weapons'. Wooden swords, spears, axes and mallets hang from the first while a pair of old bows hang off the second paired with a generous supply of dulled arrows.

    "Magic is not the only way to protect yourself," he begins, thinking back to the very first lessions Eris ever gave him, "Every single enemy you could ever encounter has a weakness. Every single enemy you could ever encounter can be beaten. That goes for men, for monsters, even for gods. Do you understand?"

    "Ye- Yes" one of the children answers, "But how?"

    The maul chuckles, "That is what I am going to teach you and any of your friends that want to learn. I will teach you how to fight and I will teach you how to win," he points to the largest of the dummies, a Cyclopean horror with a great wooden horn, "See that?"

    They nod quietly, their full attention fixated on the dummy. Without another word the maul draws a scavenged axe from his belt and hurls it toward the wooden figure. It strikes the target and cleaves the 'creature's' head in half.

    "Wow," the children respond in unison.

    "Now have any of you ever handled a weapon before?" he folds his arms behind his back.

    One of the older girls raises her hand, she could not be more than nine, "Father was going to teach me, he let me hold his sword even. Then he, he..."

    The maul gently lays a great hand on her shoulder, "That's all right," she looks up at him and he smiles, "I will teach you. But before any of you pick up a weapon you are going to learn to use your most powerful weapon first."

    "What's that?" the youngest asks.

    The maul gives him a confident grin, "How do you think Mistress Derryth beat the Blues?"

    "With magic? 'Cause she is a, ah, a 'Fell and Dark Mistress of the Ar- Arca- ah, Magic Arts'?" the child hazards.

    The maul lets out a great booming laugh that causes the children to giggle, "No," he answers warmly, "That was only part of it and not the largest part by far. She won because she used her head. If you learn to use your heads kids then you will be almost unbeatable. So before you learn to swing a sword you will learn where you should swing it and why. You will learn how to win and then I will give you the tools to win."

    The children look to one another and slowly begin to nod, "And we will be safe?" one asks.

    "And you will be free," the maul replies, "Free to create your own safety. Now shall we begin?"

    They nod enthusiastically.

    He begins to walk toward the targets and motions for them to follow, "Now the first thing you need to know about fighting is..."

    -----------------------------------------------

    Something is 'right' in the dark tower. Cries of joy and triumph fill the darkness.

    The sounds of spells being mastered.

    The sounds of weapons striking home.

    The sounds of confidence, the sounds of victory and the end of despair.

    The sounds of everyday life that shatter the darkness.

    They are sounds that will teach them that there is nothing in the darkness that can not be forced into the light.

    They are sounds made by voices and hands that annoy her in her restless sleep.

    That infuriate her with their defiance.

    That fill her with impotent rage at what might have been.

    That should have been hers to mould but which have been stolen from her and turned against her.

    And what is worst is that she can do nothing, she can not move, she can not see, she can not act, only hear.

    But she is patient, she is ancient, she will find a way into the world and when she does, oh, when she does, she will remember this and she will make them pay.
     
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  24. Azira Arcane Patron

    Azira
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Messages:
    8,189
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Codex 2012
    Awww. Poor pouting goddess...
     
    ^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,063
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    From planning the world's domination to scaring children in their sleep. How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

    Remind me not to try sarcasm on a fetch if we ever speak to one again.

    Hm, how old are Maya and Anansi? How long do we have until these children take over the world? :)

    I wonder if the rumors of our deeds have reached Muirthemne, thanks to Damh. It would have been hilarious to see how hard Gareth facepalmed when he heard about us engaging an army with eight men. Here's hoping that they will mention what they heard and their take on it in their letter to us - and that we'll still be alive to see it, of course.

    And we should name our eagles if Lyssa didn't already. They clearly have personalities of their own, and their services have proven invaluable. I wonder if our team members could each pick their favorite among them to act as their familiars. I know they are ultimately Lyssa's, but, but... maybe if we ask her really nicely, she'll let us? :)
     
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.