Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
I was thinking of signing them up with the army to provide more firepower. The situation sounds rife with insane magics and I have my doubts about how well the current army can handle it.

Yes, that would be possible. To have them serve with the army for thirty days would run about 250 WPs since it would tie up the whole organization and they would be making nothing else in that time.

It would probably work best as a seperate question something like:

5. You are concerned that the royal army will not have sufficient magical firepower to handle the threats they will face in the south but there may be a way to quickly reinforce them. You could convince Albrecht to hire the Seekers, a company of mercenary battlemages, to help strengthen the army in the field. The going rate to contract the entire company for a period of one month is 250 WPs, do you advise Albrecht to make this purchase?

A) Yes, a little more power never hurts.

B) No, it is money best spent elsewhere.

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Also, can we buy more of those spell-storing rings?

They have one left, it is their last one as the rings have been in high demand over the last few weeks with many of their customers buying multiple rings.

They are willing to part with it for 75 WPs. Added as 2.D.

Absinthe

Arcane
What if we wanted to get the Royal Academy to make us one or two?

Actually, how could we go about learning to make our own?

And have we made any progress on our books during traveling time?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If we gave the Spinner to the Academy, what would it take for them to craft us a special light armor from something extremely sturdy?

I am thinking something along the lines of the cloaks the Black Riders have.

Does he recognize the language of the shades or have a linguist readily available?

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
What if we wanted to get the Royal Academy to make us one or two?

It would take them a month to make a proper one, if you strip out some of the functionality it would take less time. For example if you build it so that it can only hold lightning spells then it will take less time to create (2 weeks give or take a couple days).

Absinthe said:
Actually, how could we go about learning to make our own?

The first step would be to master more of the theory behind enchanting by studying at the academy for a few months (or better years). Then you need to enchant the ring with the proper containment spells for every field of magic you want to be able to store in it. The master enchanters spend decades to master their art, Derrth and your other mages could probably become competent in five years or so, seven if they learn it part-time.

Absinthe said:
And have we made any progress on our books during traveling time?

Not too much, a little here and there but they have been fairly busy and have not really had the chance to properly study any of the texts.

Nevill said:
If we gave the Spinner to the Academy, what would it take for them to craft us a special light armor from something extremely sturdy?

All it would take is time and resources. If you give them something like that they could probably have some armour in a week or two. It would take a little time to get your measurements and those of anyone else you want to have the armour, then it would take them time to source the material(s) you might want and put together the armour.

What would take the most time though is to keep them focused on the task at hand and keep them from breaking it.

It is a spinner that can, in theory, spin anything and they are a group of people that love to test theories, inevitably someone is going to want to see if it can spin liquid fire or something... :lol:

Nevill said:
I am thinking something along the lines of the cloaks the Black Riders have.

That should be doable, they could fine spin steel cloak but they would not be quite as good as what the Black Riders have, the threads in those are really impress (strong, light, made from something organic and wholly different than anything the dwarves have easy access to.)

Nevill said:
Does he recognize the language of the shades or have a linguist readily available?

Albrecht? He can not read it and does not have anyone on staff that can. He says that if you have something written in that dark tongue that you should destroy it as soon as you are able.

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
It is a spinner that can, in theory, spin anything and they are a group of people that love to test theories, inevitably someone is going to want to see if it can spin liquid fire or something... :lol:
Can we insure it and make it so that if they break it, they will have to replace it by one of the artefacts of our choosing? ;)

Anyway, here is my plan and justification for it.

We need to catch up to the army because south is what everyone seems to be interested in. Something big is happening down there, and I don't think the dwarves are adequately equipped to deal with it. But I want to get our own house in order, first.

For that, I want to check and root out the traitors among our immediate supporters (well, Albrecht is the only man who is supporting us fully) - meaning we want to check on the princes still remaining in the capital, and also the Royal Palace.

Checking on the princes is going to be a rather delicate job, so I want to have both our heroines on it. They work much better together. I also want to add the kids to the mix - officially as our bodyguards, but I just feel better when they are in sight.

Mice should do a good job of spying on the Palace staff due to their unusual intelligence and high numbers. Nobody expects the mouse inquisition!

Investigation of the Great Lords will have to wait, if only because most of the Lords are currently elsewhere - they are either with the army, or in our Fort.

The rest of our team should busy themselves with the recruitment of various forces for our company and sign the contract with the mages. I want Lyssa and Berty on this to gauge their magical and martial capabilities (and see to that no magical shenanigans take place when we are hiring them - Ceannard loved to pull that stuff on non-mages). If we bring the Seekers with us, they might be the one thing that would be able to turn that war around. Mayer and Skite will have to manage the more mundane parts of integrating the recruits into our forces and the issue of payment.

I want to leave Nephila out of it, if only because we've made it a condition of our blood oath that she will secure the Fort. She won't be available for several days, and I intend to leave for the south as soon as possible. Plus, keeping her around is going to be a major headache.

I want to get Lord Hesse out of the fort. For now, his and Albrecht's soldiers are equally matched. I am not sure I like that. What is the point of having an easily defendable position if you can not count on the defenders? Should we get him back, only Albrecht's soldiers will be remaining at the Fort under Lord Welf's command.

I guess this depends on how badly we want Hesse tied up while we see to our other businesses.

I want to make use of Albrecht's promissory note to restock on the supplies.

So, here is Nevill's package:

1C:
ii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu
- our team of investigators.
iv: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
vi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

2:
B: Get 10 Energon Cubes for each of our 3 mages for 60WP
with a promissory note - we will use our cash to hire people
C: Get another set of simple jewelry instead of the one we gave to Brothers Dietfried. - we need those back

3:
A: Recall Hesse to Myrgard.

4:
D: Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.

5:
A: You hire the Seekers for a month with Albrecht's funds.

Edit: swapped 4A for 4D.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Almost forgot this:
Certainly the King can give you such a proof if it will help you act in his name. Did you want just a single copy or a separate permission for each of the ladies?
One for Derryth, one for Thais.

Also, can Mayer find our mercs legal work while we sort out the situation in the south? That would be very nice of him.

Are we a security company or what?

Fangshi, what are the current known locations of the Great Lords, their heirs, and any people of note associated with them that might come into play should the treason of the Great Houses be exposed?

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B2
B (no more than 15) C, D
H (leave them be)
A Any cheese will do. Stop pandering to rodents
A

Nevill

Arcane
5. You are concerned that the royal army will not have sufficient magical firepower to handle the threats they will face in the south but there may be a way to quickly reinforce them. You could convince Albrecht to hire the Seekers, a company of mercenary battlemages, to help strengthen the army in the field. The going rate to contract the entire company for a period of one month is 250 WPs, do you advise Albrecht to make this purchase?
The important question is, who will these mages follow if we hire them? Lord Seinsheim and the others, or us directly?

I think a case can be made for placing the mages under the command of fellow mages. That is, us.

With that many mages, would we be able to cast 'Gate' without much difficulty or risk of being intercepted (as I suppose a risk of losing control over a spell that is cast collectively by 20 mages is much smaller)?

It would drastically reduce traveling time if we Gate to one of the outposts between Myrgard and Stoneheim, or, if we are feeling very adventurous, inside the old capital itself.

We've seen with Eris that even if one of them knows the target location, the rest of us can direct the spell there. How does it work, exactly? Can we 'extract' a location from the head of someone who isn't a mage? Can we see it in the Dreaming? What are our options here?

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey, what would it cost for us to hire Wenzel's Weasels / The Dogs of War? Wenzel would defer to his older brother, aye? I can't help but notice he has the numbers of a small army for reinforcements and it might help Wenzel improve his station from his current role as the guy who gets ignored until he gets involved in some stupid plot.

Also, can we ask Timo to investigate this Unforgotten, Unforgiven business? He seems to have a good intelligence network. I also want to go to the royal academy with those armor requests of Nevill's along with maybe some protective enchantments. We could also swap notes and discuss possible business down the road with Jan, since he seems to be in the same line of work as Derryth originally. Basically I'm looking for legitimate reasons to deal with all the brothers beyond the investigation. These could be left up for vote in the next update, of course.

Aside from that, I think we should tell the king about Mazzarin since I doubt his revival is going to stay secret and I'm not sure how it helps us to keep that knowledge from the king. Put it to a vote?

Votes:
1: Nevill's Plan
2: B (Nevill), C, D (seriously these rings are too good; lets also put these on the promissory)
3: Abstain for now. It might be better to let Albrecht's champion keep an eye on them. Might also be better to call him to Stoneheim instead.
4: D - Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.
5. A

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
"It is a spinner that can, in theory, spin anything and they are a group of people that love to test theories, inevitably someone is going to want to see if it can spin liquid fire or something... :lol:"
So thats how fire swords and other stuff are made in rpgs.;)

I will flop to Nevill pack to.

Nevill

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Aside from that, I think we should tell the king about Mazzarin since I doubt his revival is going to stay secret and I'm not sure how it helps us to keep that knowledge from the king. Put it to a vote?
Yeah, as much as I feel uneasy about it, I think we need to. It's too big a cat to stay in the bag, and, well... the kingdom is too small to interest Mazzarin, anyway.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
1. Nevill's plan
2. BCD
3. FG - send for all our mercenaries after they issue the cheese. The armies have no mages and we have gained most of the value of the fort at this moment. There is no need to risk what is left our personnel for almost no gain. Even if one of the lords takes it over we can just unblock the tunnels and let the rhyming monsters massacre them if Nephila lets some live or sneak in our own murder force(Mice with cyanide for the soup).
4. C for eldritch horror mice, or mice in the dreaming, or Vegeta mice. Either way our forces will be clear.
5. A

Tell king about Mazzarin has my OK. Maybe he is what is cowing Alric?

Nevill

Arcane
I am not leaving the fort until the Watcher's piece is moved to Albrecht's care.

With 1200 WPs in debt I am not keen on throwing money away on something that is not essential. The ring is good, but hardly worth 75 WPs. I think the prices went up quite unreasonably and the same equipment, might be available in Muirthemne several times cheaper.

Speaking of which, does anyone think there is good money to be made if we buy crates of mandrake roots in Muirthemne (from Heron Guards?) and then resell them in Myrgard where there is apparently a shortage?

Last edited:

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I am not leaving the fort until the Watcher's piece is moved to Albrecht's care.

With 1200 WPs in debt I am not keep on throwing the money away on something that is not essential. The ring is good, but hardly worth 75 WPs. I think the prices went up quite unreasonably, and the same equipment, might be available in Muirthemne several times cheaper.

Speaking of which, does anyone think there is good money to be made if we buy crates of mandrake roots in Muirthemne (from Heron Guards?) and then resell them in Myrgard where there is apparently a shortage?

75 is a lot but now we have our bird schtick it makes it a quite effective assassins tool and give us tactical flexibility with our spells. Money is just money at this point. We owe the money to a kingdom that is teetering on destruction and if we fail it's not like we are going to have to pay it back. If we save the kingdom then we should be able to negotiate a better payment plan or retire some of the debt. Even if we can't negotiate anything better our income in Myrgard is enough to retire the debts we owe in a respectable time.

I also see a trade route taking dwarven tech to Muirthemne and returning with mandrake roots as being quite profitable. We should have Meyer stockpile us low bulk/weight trade goods that we can gate with us back to Muirthemne that can turn a fast profit. As a general rule we should always take high value trade goods if we are hopping between the two capitals.

Fangshi Is the next full moon coming soon? We need to get our inventor up.

zerozero

Literate
Fangshi - can we ask the King what he knows about Mayer and what would it take for us to re-grow his 2 fingers.

Nevill

Arcane
I see where you are coming from, but... to pay triple for something that didn't cost us anything in the first place pains me.

Hell, all of our artefacts we bought with the government funds cost us around 100 WPs in total (!)

Maybe we should stockpile on something else instead of the rings that we already have two of?

We can have a boatload of aphids that would dispatch a small army of mages for that price. We can arm Berty from head to toe in magical gear. We can do so much with these money, and yet we try and waste it on something just because we got comfortable with a single tactics.

Well, here is the thing. Don't get comfortable around the likes of TWM. I think his mail-snatching technique was developed as a countermeasure to our 'Avian Assault'. We used our ace once, it worked - good. Let's move to something else before GM punishes us for lack of creativity. :lol:

If you have some plan involving several rings, please suggest it. Otherwise it's just "let's have more for the sake of having more", and I don't like that approach very much. A single ring is not worth that price just by itself, period.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Can we insure it and make it so that if they break it, they will have to replace it by one of the artefacts of our choosing? ;)

Nope, if they break it they will hide it under the nearest rug and claim you never gave it to them just like the irresponsible man dwarf-children they are. :lol:

Ah, they could probably give you a receipt or something that you could at least take to the treasury to try to get some money for it if they do break it.

Nevill said:
So, here is Nevill's package:

Will update.

Nevill said:
One for Derryth, one for Thais.

Alright you will get your permissions, just be careful around those three charioteers, I hear they have been hanging out with a fourth member lately, miladies.

Nevill said:
Also, can Mayer find our mercs legal work while we sort out the situation in the south? That would be very nice of him.

Sure, if you want he will manage them. If there are no disagreements I will just have him go about it, if you want a say in how he does it then I will have to set it up as a vote.

Nevill said:
Are we a security company or what?

Well that is what the company is called so one would think they deal in protection but who knows, the Eberhardt's were using them for whatever they wanted.

Nevill said:
Fangshi, what are the current known locations of the Great Lords, their heirs, and any people of note associated with them that might come into play should the treason of the Great Houses be exposed?

Well you know where Hesse, Welf, Berg and Seinsheim are and Reginar is in the city at his compound.

Of their heirs: Hesse's and Reginar's are with the army, Berg's is on the family estate managing things, Seinsheim's has been disowned and is probably in a bar somewhere speaking ill of the old man, and Welf's is dead.

Of the champions: Hesse's and Welf's are with Hesse and Welf. Berg's and Seinsheim's are with Berg and Seinsheim. Raginar's is with Hesse. If you are curious who/what they are in case you have to fight them they are as follows:

Hesse - Alfhild (Asger's wife) - dwarven swordmaster
Welf - The Boar - maul weapons-master
Berg - The Artisan - human weapons-master
Seinsheim - Galena and Treva - grey mages from the Western Empire they fight as a pair
Raginar - Asger (Alfhild's husband) - dwarven swordmaster

Other important people include but are not limited to:

-Any of Albrecht's family - locations already given
-The heads of the Goldsmith Guild - they are all in the city at the moment
- The Proprietor of the Silver Flame - no one knows
- Most of the larger mercenary leaders - they are still all in the city though their exact locations fluctuate a lot
- The fellows of the Royal Academy - in the Academy as always
- The army generals and upper officers - they are all asigned to specific posts, the generals are either with the army or in Myrgard or Stoneheim

Nevill said:
The important question is, who will these mages follow if we hire them? Lord Seinsheim and the others, or us directly?

Normally they would follow Seinsheim or whoever commands the army. If you want Albrecht can place them under your direct command though, you have the most direct battle experience of any mage the King commands so he is willing to let you run them as long as you cooperate with whoever is in charge down there.

Nevill said:
With that many mages, would we be able to cast 'Gate' without much difficulty or risk of being intercepted (as I suppose a risk of losing control over a spell that is cast collectively by 20 mages is much smaller)?

Sure, if you want to teach another entire circle of mages how to use gate and you are willing to let them work that closely with your own minds then it would work with little difficulty. In fact it sounds like a great idea to me. :smug:

Nevill said:
We've seen with Eris that even if one of them knows the target location, the rest of us can direct the spell there. How does it work, exactly? Can we 'extract' a location from the head of someone who isn't a mage?

At your level of skill you could possibly manage it. Of course if you are dealing with a memory from a non-mage or even a mage that does not actually know gate then you also have to take into account that they will not be able to give you an image that takes into account all the variables you need to know. As such there will be some guessing involved on your part to get the spell to work completely and there will be a lot of guessing involved if you try to use the memory of a non-mage as they will not be able to link up with you when you cast. You will essentially have to infiltrate their mind, find the image, take the image and then try to hold on to it as best you can until you are ready to cast the gate spell.

Nevill said:
Can we see it in the Dreaming? What are our options here?

Yeah, if you want to bother Morpheus to go looking for an image and if he decides he want to humour your request you could take an image from the Dreaming. No guarantee that it will be completely accurate of course but it is possible you just have to contact the demon prince and pay his price.

Absinthe said:
Hey, what would it cost for us to hire Wenzel's Weasels / The Dogs of War? Wenzel would defer to his older brother, aye?

Maybe 600 WPs for a month and as much alcohol as Wenzel needs to get through each day. Ah, he might defer to Reinhard, depends if he is 'happy drunk', 'beligerant drunk' or hungover at the time he receives the order and all of that is assuming he is not back on the crystalized ghôl's blood (that stuff will punch holes through your brain :lol:).

As long as his 'advisers' are around and he is kept from Seinsheim then he should be mostly manageable. You will likely have to meet him face to face though to get him to consider the offer, a letter sent to summon him is not likely to do anything but annoy him.

Absinthe said:
Also, can we ask Timo to investigate this Unforgotten, Unforgiven business?

Yes, if you go to meet him face to face you can make the request.

Absinthe said:
Basically I'm looking for legitimate reasons to deal with all the brothers beyond the investigation. These could be left up for vote in the next update, of course.

I will make sure to add such options if the ladies go to see Albrecht's children.

Absinthe said:

Sure, it can be question six. Added.

6. Mazzarin - Do you tell Albrecht that you freed Mazzarin in the desert?

A) Yes

B) No

Jester said:
So thats how fire swords and other stuff are made in rpgs.;)

Definitely, they are all spun by dwarves from the very ether. :lol:

archaen said:
Fangshi Is the next full moon coming soon? We need to get our inventor up.

I want to say two weeks or so as I am fairly certain you spent roughly a two weeks at the fort but I am still looking for that drive with the timeline on it. If I can't find it I will just have to go back to the beginning and count the days as they are listed so that I have the exact amount of time that has past. :negative:

zerozero said:
Fangshi - can we ask the King what he knows about Mayer and what would it take for us to re-grow his 2 fingers.

Well he says that most think Mayer is a demon or in service to demons so he cautions you to be careful around the dwarf. He does note that the whole 'demon' thing is probably just rumour (after all, according to the rumours the ladies are in league with demons, Fallen Lords and worse so you can not believe everything you hear ;)) but Mayer is strange, he is hiding something and he is always far too well informed for a dwarf of his station.

He says he was not aware that Mayer had lost two fingers and he thanks you for that information. He says that you likely have the capability to give him back his fingers given that you restored far more when you cast Greater Heal on Trakk's family. He suspects you would just need more mandrake roots to cast the spell again but he is not a mage and truthfully he has no idea.

Derryth believes that with maybe ten or so mandrake roots and a half an hour her group could fix Mayer's wounds.

Nevill said:
I see where you are coming from, but... to pay triple for something that didn't cost us anything in the first place pains me.

Well if you were to ask the Dietfried's why the price is so high they would tell you that, that is the last such ring for sale in the kingdom. They are certain they could charge double what they are selling it for and still sell it before the week is out. They are merely charging what the market can bear.

Nevill's package
C)ii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu - our team of investigators.
C)iv: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
C)vi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

zerozero's Package
X)ii - Berty, girls, pathfinder, black arrow
X)iii- Derryth, Thais, Lysaa, black arrows
X)vi- Nephila - in the palace with her webs and Lyssa with her mice backing her up as needed

asxetos:
1. Nevill's package,
2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10),
3. x,
4. x,
5. x,
6. x

Absinthe:
1. Nevill's package,
2: B (Nevill), C, D (seriously these rings are too good; lets also put this on the promissory)
3: Abstain for now. It might be better to let Albrecht's champion keep an eye on them. Might also be better to call him to Stoneheim instead.
4: D - Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.
5. A
6. A

Jester:
1. Nevill's package > C2
2. A) 5 mandrake roots (2/2/1 ?), B) 12 energon cubes (4/4/4 ?)
3. x
4. x
5. x
6. x

Sunnmøring:
1. Biv
2. x
3. x
4. x
5. x
6. x

Nevill:
1. Nevill's Package
2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10) [promissory note from the King], C) Get another set of jewelry instead of the one we gave to Brothers Dietfried.
3. A
4. D
5. A
6. A

zerozero:
1. zerozero's Package
2. x
3. DE
4. x
5. x
6. x

Baltika9:
1. Nevill's Package
2. x
3. DE
4. D>C
5. x
6. x

Grimgravy:
1. B2
2. B (no more than 15) C, D
3. H (leave them be)
4. A Any cheese will do. Stop pandering to rodents
5. A
6. x

archaen:
1. Nevill's plan
2. BCD
3. FG - send for all our mercenaries after they issue the cheese. The armies have no mages and we have gained most of the value of the fort at this moment. There is no need to risk what is left our personnel for almost no gain. Even if one of the lords takes it over we can just unblock the tunnels and let the rhyming monsters massacre them if Nephila lets some live or sneak in our own murder force(Mice with cyanide for the soup).
4. C for eldritch horror mice, or mice in the dreaming, or Vegeta mice. Either way our forces will be clear.
5. A
6. A

1. What to do?

Leading Option: Nevill's Plan (6 votes)
Nevill's package
C)ii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu - our team of investigators.
C)iv: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
C)vi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

zerozero's plan - 1 vote
Biv - 1 vote
Bii - 1 vote

2. What to buy?

3 abstain

Mandrake Roots 1/6 votes
1 vote for 5 roots (2/2/1 ?)

Energon Cubes: 5/6 votes
2 votes for 30 cubes (10/10/10) using an Albrecht promissary note
2 votes for 12 cubes (4/4/4) - One vote directly for 12 and one vote for anything under 15

Jewelry: 4/6 votes

Spell Ring: 3/6 votes
1 vote to buy it with a promissory note from Albrecht
2 votes to just buy it

3. Who to call?
(4 abstain)

A) 1/5 votes
B)
C)
D) 2/5 votes
E) 2/5 votes
F) 1/5 votes
G) 1/5 votes
H) 1/5 votes

4. Cheese
(5 abstain)
A) 1 vote
B)
C) 1 vote
D) 3 votes

5. The Seekers
(5 abstain)
A) 4 votes
B)

6. Mazzarin
(6 abstain)
A) 3 votes
B)

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
Alright you will get your permissions, just be careful around those three charioteers, I hear they have been hanging out with a fourth member lately, miladies.
What does he mean and why should we be careful?

Fangshi said:
Well that is what the company is called so one would think they deal in protection but who knows, the Eberhardt's were using them for whatever they wanted.
Well, I don't want him to run it that way. No assassinations, kidnappings, torture and the like. Legal work is what I am after.

If we want to have more people like the Ten Sovereigns around and less of those like The Weasels, I think we need to establish a name for ourselves.

Fangshi said:
- The Proprietor of the Silver Flame - no one knows
Who are they, by the way? It was implied the proprietor is a woman... unless Timo swings the other way.

Fangshi said:
If you want Albrecht can place them under your direct command though, you have the most direct battle experience of any mage the King commands so he is winning to let you run them as long as you cooperate with whoever is in charge down there.
I would prefer that, yes.

Fangshi said:
Sure, if you want to teach another entire circle of mages how to use gate and you are willing to let them work that closely with your own minds then it would work with little difficulty. In fact it sounds like a great idea to me.
*sigh* I don't suppose we can use some of the trusted mages from the Royal Academy for this?

Actually, do they need to know the spell, or do we need them just to power it, like live batteries? I don't remember we taught the spell to everyone in our circle - we relinquished control to Eris and she did most of the work.

Do I want to have my cake and eat it, too? Didn't we want to try that way to reach Muirthemne to contact ther Heron Guard?

Fangshi said:
6. Mazzarin - Do you tell Albrecht that you freed Mazzarin in the desert?
Ah, maybe we should wait until we get the situation in Stoneheim sorted out... :dirtycoward:

Also, Fangshi, can we have the spells in the rings automatically recast on rest (or if the spell is too powerful, substitute it with something simpler), unless we specifically want something placed in them via a vote. It is weird to see Thais' ring empty for days.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopping my cheese vote to D>C. It's just not right to fuck over our mice like that.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah. Flopping to 4D. As long as we don't waste time going after it ourselves.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
What does he mean and why should we be careful?

Well four bold men dwarves can undo even the most careful of plots or so he has heard. ;)

Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg

Nevill said:
Well, I don't want him to run it that way. No assassinations, kidnappings, torture and the like. Legal work is what I am after.

If we want to have more people like the Ten Sovereigns around and less of those like The Weasels, I think we need to establish a name for ourselves.

Then don't run it that way. Like I said, if you want to run it yourself I will set up a vote for it or you can let Mayer do it but you know what he is like.

Either way unless you plan to send for some of your mercenaries soon with one of the options in question 3 then they will not be taking any contracts soon anyway.

Nevill said:
Who are they, by the way? It was implied the proprietor is a woman... unless Timo swings the other way.

No one knows who the proprietor(s) of the Flame actually are... well almost no one... Timo knows, but he is not telling.

Nevill said:
I would prefer that, yes.

Fine with me, if C wins then the mages will follow you when you meet up with the army.

Nevill said:
*sigh* I don't suppose we can use some of the trusted mages from the Royal Academy for this?

Sure, they would likely learn the spell just as the Seekers would so it would spread the knowledge of gate outside of your circle but if you are fine with that it could be arranged when it is time for you to leave the city.

Nevill said:
Actually, do they need to know the spell, or do we need them just to power it, like live batteries? I don't remember we taught the spell to everyone in our circle - we relinquished control to Eris and she did most of the work.

All of your Circle did learn the spell though from watching you and Eris work it. It is a long and slow process and any capable mage will be able to figure out the basics if they are actually involved in casting it.

Nevill said:
Do I want to have my cake and eat it, too? Didn't we want to try that way to reach Muirthemne to contact ther Heron Guard?

Well it is a real option but you will be spreading that knowledge around if you involve 'outsiders' in it use. If you just wanted to use them as magical batteries than you could just as easily replace them with an inanimate power supply if you are concerned about the information getting out.

Of course the only power supply you know of that could do it is that generator in the Brothers' basement and the only person you know of that has a hope in hell of getting it working is Mel who has been unconscious for something like a month and a half now... :lol:

Nevill said:
Also, Fangshi, can we have the spells in the rings automatically recast on rest (or if the spell is too powerful, substitute it with something simpler), unless we specifically want something placed in them via a vote. It is weird to see Thais' ring empty for days.

Yeah sure, what was in that ring? I ah, don't remember... :oops:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom