Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yeah, as much as I feel uneasy about it, I think we need to. It's too big a cat to stay in the bag, and, well... the kingdom is too small to interest Mazzarin, anyway.

^ Top  
  2. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    1. Nevill's plan
    2. BCD
    3. FG - send for all our mercenaries after they issue the cheese. The armies have no mages and we have gained most of the value of the fort at this moment. There is no need to risk what is left our personnel for almost no gain. Even if one of the lords takes it over we can just unblock the tunnels and let the rhyming monsters massacre them if Nephila lets some live or sneak in our own murder force(Mice with cyanide for the soup).
    4. C for eldritch horror mice, or mice in the dreaming, or Vegeta mice. Either way our forces will be clear.
    5. A

Tell king about Mazzarin has my OK. Maybe he is what is cowing Alric?

^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I am not leaving the fort until the Watcher's piece is moved to Albrecht's care.

With 1200 WPs in debt I am not keen on throwing money away on something that is not essential. The ring is good, but hardly worth 75 WPs. I think the prices went up quite unreasonably and the same equipment, might be available in Muirthemne several times cheaper.

Speaking of which, does anyone think there is good money to be made if we buy crates of mandrake roots in Muirthemne (from Heron Guards?) and then resell them in Myrgard where there is apparently a shortage?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    ^ Top  
  4. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    75 is a lot but now we have our bird schtick it makes it a quite effective assassins tool and give us tactical flexibility with our spells. Money is just money at this point. We owe the money to a kingdom that is teetering on destruction and if we fail it's not like we are going to have to pay it back. If we save the kingdom then we should be able to negotiate a better payment plan or retire some of the debt. Even if we can't negotiate anything better our income in Myrgard is enough to retire the debts we owe in a respectable time.

I also see a trade route taking dwarven tech to Muirthemne and returning with mandrake roots as being quite profitable. We should have Meyer stockpile us low bulk/weight trade goods that we can gate with us back to Muirthemne that can turn a fast profit. As a general rule we should always take high value trade goods if we are hopping between the two capitals.

Fangshi Is the next full moon coming soon? We need to get our inventor up.

^ Top  
  5. zerozero Literate

zerozero
    Fangshi - can we ask the King what he knows about Mayer and what would it take for us to re-grow his 2 fingers.

^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I see where you are coming from, but... to pay triple for something that didn't cost us anything in the first place pains me.

Hell, all of our artefacts we bought with the government funds cost us around 100 WPs in total (!)

Maybe we should stockpile on something else instead of the rings that we already have two of?

We can have a boatload of aphids that would dispatch a small army of mages for that price. We can arm Berty from head to toe in magical gear. We can do so much with these money, and yet we try and waste it on something just because we got comfortable with a single tactics.

Well, here is the thing. Don't get comfortable around the likes of TWM. I think his mail-snatching technique was developed as a countermeasure to our 'Avian Assault'. We used our ace once, it worked - good. Let's move to something else before GM punishes us for lack of creativity. :lol:

If you have some plan involving several rings, please suggest it. Otherwise it's just "let's have more for the sake of having more", and I don't like that approach very much. A single ring is not worth that price just by itself, period.

^ Top  
  7. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Nope, if they break it they will hide it under the nearest rug and claim you never gave it to them just like the irresponsible man dwarf-children they are. :lol:

Ah, they could probably give you a receipt or something that you could at least take to the treasury to try to get some money for it if they do break it.

Will update.

Alright you will get your permissions, just be careful around those three charioteers, I hear they have been hanging out with a fourth member lately, miladies.

Sure, if you want he will manage them. If there are no disagreements I will just have him go about it, if you want a say in how he does it then I will have to set it up as a vote.

Well that is what the company is called so one would think they deal in protection but who knows, the Eberhardt's were using them for whatever they wanted.

Well you know where Hesse, Welf, Berg and Seinsheim are and Reginar is in the city at his compound.

Of their heirs: Hesse's and Reginar's are with the army, Berg's is on the family estate managing things, Seinsheim's has been disowned and is probably in a bar somewhere speaking ill of the old man, and Welf's is dead.

Of the champions: Hesse's and Welf's are with Hesse and Welf. Berg's and Seinsheim's are with Berg and Seinsheim. Raginar's is with Hesse. If you are curious who/what they are in case you have to fight them they are as follows:

Hesse - Alfhild (Asger's wife) - dwarven swordmaster
    Welf - The Boar - maul weapons-master
    Berg - The Artisan - human weapons-master
    Seinsheim - Galena and Treva - grey mages from the Western Empire they fight as a pair
    Raginar - Asger (Alfhild's husband) - dwarven swordmaster

Other important people include but are not limited to:

-Any of Albrecht's family - locations already given
    -The heads of the Goldsmith Guild - they are all in the city at the moment
    - The Proprietor of the Silver Flame - no one knows
    - Most of the larger mercenary leaders - they are still all in the city though their exact locations fluctuate a lot
    - The fellows of the Royal Academy - in the Academy as always
    - The army generals and upper officers - they are all asigned to specific posts, the generals are either with the army or in Myrgard or Stoneheim

Normally they would follow Seinsheim or whoever commands the army. If you want Albrecht can place them under your direct command though, you have the most direct battle experience of any mage the King commands so he is willing to let you run them as long as you cooperate with whoever is in charge down there.

Sure, if you want to teach another entire circle of mages how to use gate and you are willing to let them work that closely with your own minds then it would work with little difficulty. In fact it sounds like a great idea to me. :smug:

At your level of skill you could possibly manage it. Of course if you are dealing with a memory from a non-mage or even a mage that does not actually know gate then you also have to take into account that they will not be able to give you an image that takes into account all the variables you need to know. As such there will be some guessing involved on your part to get the spell to work completely and there will be a lot of guessing involved if you try to use the memory of a non-mage as they will not be able to link up with you when you cast. You will essentially have to infiltrate their mind, find the image, take the image and then try to hold on to it as best you can until you are ready to cast the gate spell.

Yeah, if you want to bother Morpheus to go looking for an image and if he decides he want to humour your request you could take an image from the Dreaming. No guarantee that it will be completely accurate of course but it is possible you just have to contact the demon prince and pay his price.

Maybe 600 WPs for a month and as much alcohol as Wenzel needs to get through each day. Ah, he might defer to Reinhard, depends if he is 'happy drunk', 'beligerant drunk' or hungover at the time he receives the order and all of that is assuming he is not back on the crystalized ghôl's blood (that stuff will punch holes through your brain :lol:).

As long as his 'advisers' are around and he is kept from Seinsheim then he should be mostly manageable. You will likely have to meet him face to face though to get him to consider the offer, a letter sent to summon him is not likely to do anything but annoy him.

Yes, if you go to meet him face to face you can make the request.

I will make sure to add such options if the ladies go to see Albrecht's children.

Sure, it can be question six. Added.

6. Mazzarin - Do you tell Albrecht that you freed Mazzarin in the desert?

A) Yes

B) No

Definitely, they are all spun by dwarves from the very ether. :lol:

I want to say two weeks or so as I am fairly certain you spent roughly a two weeks at the fort but I am still looking for that drive with the timeline on it. If I can't find it I will just have to go back to the beginning and count the days as they are listed so that I have the exact amount of time that has past. :negative:

Well he says that most think Mayer is a demon or in service to demons so he cautions you to be careful around the dwarf. He does note that the whole 'demon' thing is probably just rumour (after all, according to the rumours the ladies are in league with demons, Fallen Lords and worse so you can not believe everything you hear ;)) but Mayer is strange, he is hiding something and he is always far too well informed for a dwarf of his station.

He says he was not aware that Mayer had lost two fingers and he thanks you for that information. He says that you likely have the capability to give him back his fingers given that you restored far more when you cast Greater Heal on Trakk's family. He suspects you would just need more mandrake roots to cast the spell again but he is not a mage and truthfully he has no idea.

Derryth believes that with maybe ten or so mandrake roots and a half an hour her group could fix Mayer's wounds.

Well if you were to ask the Dietfried's why the price is so high they would tell you that, that is the last such ring for sale in the kingdom. They are certain they could charge double what they are selling it for and still sell it before the week is out. They are merely charging what the market can bear.

Show Spoiler
    Nevill's package
    C)ii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu - our team of investigators.
    C)iv: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
    C)vi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

zerozero's Package
    X)ii - Berty, girls, pathfinder, black arrow
    X)iii- Derryth, Thais, Lysaa, black arrows
    X)vi- Nephila - in the palace with her webs and Lyssa with her mice backing her up as needed

asxetos:
    1. Nevill's package,
    2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10),
    3. x,
    4. x,
    5. x,
    6. x

Absinthe:
    1. Nevill's package,
    2: B (Nevill), C, D (seriously these rings are too good; lets also put this on the promissory)
    3: Abstain for now. It might be better to let Albrecht's champion keep an eye on them. Might also be better to call him to Stoneheim instead.
    4: D - Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.
    5. A
    6. A

Jester:
    1. Nevill's package > C2
    2. A) 5 mandrake roots (2/2/1 ?), B) 12 energon cubes (4/4/4 ?)
    3. x
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x

Sunnmøring:
    1. Biv
    2. x
    3. x
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x

Nevill:
    1. Nevill's Package
    2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10) [promissory note from the King], C) Get another set of jewelry instead of the one we gave to Brothers Dietfried.
    3. A
    4. D
    5. A
    6. A

zerozero:
    1. zerozero's Package
    2. x
    3. DE
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x

Baltika9:
    1. Nevill's Package
    2. x
    3. DE
    4. D>C
    5. x
    6. x

Grimgravy:
    1. B2
    2. B (no more than 15) C, D
    3. H (leave them be)
    4. A Any cheese will do. Stop pandering to rodents
    5. A
    6. x

archaen:
    1. Nevill's plan
    2. BCD
    3. FG - send for all our mercenaries after they issue the cheese. The armies have no mages and we have gained most of the value of the fort at this moment. There is no need to risk what is left our personnel for almost no gain. Even if one of the lords takes it over we can just unblock the tunnels and let the rhyming monsters massacre them if Nephila lets some live or sneak in our own murder force(Mice with cyanide for the soup).
    4. C for eldritch horror mice, or mice in the dreaming, or Vegeta mice. Either way our forces will be clear.
    5. A
    6. A

1. What to do?

Leading Option: Nevill's Plan (6 votes)
    Nevill's package

zerozero's plan - 1 vote
    Biv - 1 vote
    Bii - 1 vote

2. What to buy?

3 abstain

Mandrake Roots 1/6 votes
    1 vote for 5 roots (2/2/1 ?)

Energon Cubes: 5/6 votes
    2 votes for 30 cubes (10/10/10) using an Albrecht promissary note
    2 votes for 12 cubes (4/4/4) - One vote directly for 12 and one vote for anything under 15

Jewelry: 4/6 votes

Spell Ring: 3/6 votes
    1 vote to buy it with a promissory note from Albrecht
    2 votes to just buy it

3. Who to call?
    (4 abstain)

A) 1/5 votes
    B)
    C)
    D) 2/5 votes
    E) 2/5 votes
    F) 1/5 votes
    G) 1/5 votes
    H) 1/5 votes

4. Cheese
    (5 abstain)
    A) 1 vote
    B)
    C) 1 vote
    D) 3 votes

5. The Seekers
    (5 abstain)
    A) 4 votes
    B)

6. Mazzarin
    (6 abstain)
    A) 3 votes
    B)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    What does he mean and why should we be careful?

Well, I don't want him to run it that way. No assassinations, kidnappings, torture and the like. Legal work is what I am after.

If we want to have more people like the Ten Sovereigns around and less of those like The Weasels, I think we need to establish a name for ourselves.

Who are they, by the way? It was implied the proprietor is a woman... unless Timo swings the other way.

I would prefer that, yes.

*sigh* I don't suppose we can use some of the trusted mages from the Royal Academy for this?

Actually, do they need to know the spell, or do we need them just to power it, like live batteries? I don't remember we taught the spell to everyone in our circle - we relinquished control to Eris and she did most of the work.

Do I want to have my cake and eat it, too? Didn't we want to try that way to reach Muirthemne to contact ther Heron Guard?

Ah, maybe we should wait until we get the situation in Stoneheim sorted out... :dirtycoward:

Also, Fangshi, can we have the spells in the rings automatically recast on rest (or if the spell is too powerful, substitute it with something simpler), unless we specifically want something placed in them via a vote. It is weird to see Thais' ring empty for days.

^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Flopping my cheese vote to D>C. It's just not right to fuck over our mice like that.

^ Top  
  10. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Yeah. Flopping to 4D. As long as we don't waste time going after it ourselves.

^ Top  
  11. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Well four bold men dwarves can undo even the most careful of plots or so he has heard. ;)

[​IMG]

Then don't run it that way. Like I said, if you want to run it yourself I will set up a vote for it or you can let Mayer do it but you know what he is like.

Either way unless you plan to send for some of your mercenaries soon with one of the options in question 3 then they will not be taking any contracts soon anyway.

No one knows who the proprietor(s) of the Flame actually are... well almost no one... Timo knows, but he is not telling.

Fine with me, if C wins then the mages will follow you when you meet up with the army.

Sure, they would likely learn the spell just as the Seekers would so it would spread the knowledge of gate outside of your circle but if you are fine with that it could be arranged when it is time for you to leave the city.

All of your Circle did learn the spell though from watching you and Eris work it. It is a long and slow process and any capable mage will be able to figure out the basics if they are actually involved in casting it.

Well it is a real option but you will be spreading that knowledge around if you involve 'outsiders' in it use. If you just wanted to use them as magical batteries than you could just as easily replace them with an inanimate power supply if you are concerned about the information getting out.

Of course the only power supply you know of that could do it is that generator in the Brothers' basement and the only person you know of that has a hope in hell of getting it working is Mel who has been unconscious for something like a month and a half now... :lol:

Yeah sure, what was in that ring? I ah, don't remember... :oops:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    The Greater Energy Bolt, but that's not the point. The point is to autofill it with whatever you think the owner of the ring would unless we specify otherwise. Just like with enchantments. Less micromanagement that way.

Show Spoiler
    asxetos:
    1. Nevill's package,
    3. x,
    4. x,
    5. x,
    6. x

Jester:
    1. Nevill's package > C2
    3. x
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x

Baltika9:
    1. Nevill's Package
    2. x
    3. DE
    4. D>C
    5. x
    6. x

Um, everyone who is voting for my plan without further clarifications (asxetos, Jester and Baltika9), do you vote for the entire plan, or just for the first option?

^ Top  
  13. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    Voting 6A.

Also, going to add:
    7: Should we let Albrecht know about Nanshe now that we have a private audience?
    A - Yes.
    B - No.

Voting 7A on that too.

I'm not keen on spreading knowledge of our Planar Gate spell. We saw what Miosguinn could do with that. Even the academy seems to have a few cultists.

Also, speaking of teleportation spells, when is that newly modified version of Retrieve Item going on the spell list?

^ Top  
  14. zerozero Literate

zerozero
    I will try to clarify my strategy

1 B) Stay in Myrgard

I would recommend staying in the city and sorting out the mess, the risk to Albrecht's rule is far too great to ignore and if Albrecht falls all our investments and potential rewards would disappear and we still owe 1200 wps.

If we don't secure his position, there is a higher chance that he would be overthrown.

Joining the battle south is more fun but look at the forces that we would be up against

! - Ghoul army - Nanshe

2 - Necromancer - TWM

3 - Cloaked Riders -

4 - Blinking horrors - probably Mazzarin

5 - Eberhardt Rebels

6 - Albrecht's forces - possible traitors

We would be 1 part of 6 forces there.

Mazzarin is the most powerful combatant there and he would dictate the terms of the battle.

I can imagine a few scenarios.

I - Mazzarin with his mutual hatred of undead and ghouls, splits his forces and attacks the ghouls and necromancers army. Seeing an opportunity Albrecht and Eberhardt both join in. Under assault from all sides the necromancer army get s wiped out and the ghouls retreat suffering heavy losses. After the main battle, Albrecht and Eberhardt fight among themselves suffering losses on both sides.

Mazzarin claims victory and captures the TWM.

II - Mazzarin sensing a lower threat from the ghoul attack the necromancer army, Nanshe attacks the Albrechts army and sends a small force to the necromancer army. The Eberhardt Rebels join the attack on the necromancers and the cloaked riders wait and defend.

The ghoul army overwhelms Albrecht's forces who suffer heavy losses. The blinking horrors are pushing back the necromancer army until the TWM appears, who turns the battle, the TWM brings out an artefact which makes Mazzarin retreat.

With this artefact, the blinking horror army vanishes and the necromancer army finishes off the dwarfs and make the ghoul army and cloaked riders retreat.

TWM claims victory.

On either scenario I can't see us getting much out of the battle.

I cannot see our forces beating all the forces on the battlefield, but say we are the eventual winners what would we gain:- another TWM journal that we can't open, shades spell book that we can't read, watcher artefact that we have no idea about, secret documents that we can't read.

We already have this stuff but are sending the one person who has a chance of deciphering this stuff away.

If mazzarin loses he will be pissed and could blame us.

There are more opportunities in the city and around it.

^ Top  
  15. zerozero Literate

zerozero
    Remember what we got from fighting the necromancer army at Blackfort, we will probably get less as we took out most of the shades. The TWM will probably have an artefact and maybe another journal.
    Blinking Horrors will have nothing as I suspect are summoned, Mazzarin I can't see us killing and robbing his body.
    The cloaked riders I can see retreating.
    The Eberhardt Rebels are just normal motivated dwarfs

^ Top  
  16. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Miosguinn could do nothing without also learning about the plane where the Goddess resides, though.

Also, 7B. Dwarves and ghols hate each other unconditionally and irreconcilably. Enough so that the act of freeing Nanshe is considered treason. I do not want Albrecht, or anyone outside of our group, ever hearing about our alliance.

Seriously, what's next? Do we tell Albrecht about Lyssa, too?

I can, too. We sweep in and unite with the Spider Goddess and Nanshe to fight the Patriarchy represented by Mazzarin and the Watcher, bringing them down with the power of lesbomancy!

In all seriousness, though, can we wait with the scenarios until we get at least some scouting information about the area? It is all useless speculation until then.

TWM is waiting for us somewhere in the mountains and is not currently participating in the battle. Nanshe is hunting him. As far as we know, those two are busy elsewhere.

We have no idea if Mazzarin is there, either. For all we know, he left his army of horrors to fight the undead and headed to Muirthemne, which is why Alric had to flee to Madrigal.

The sooner we get to the army, the sooner we can get to the bottom of what exactly is happening in the south, and the more chances we will have to turn the situation for the better.

Complete destruction of the Watcher's forces in the North, full trust of the king (and further access to his resourses), shade's spellbook, and a way to get rid of TWM. Not to mention a reputation of a total badass.

I'd say we got some pretty cool things.

^ Top  
  17. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Right now, I am going to do it before I forget again. :salute:

And just to move the tally to the new page...

Current Tally:

Show Spoiler
    Nevill's package
    Cii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu - our team of investigators.
    Civ: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
    Cvi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

zerozero's Package
    Bii - Berty, girls, half of Blackfort forces, some pathfinders
    Biii - Derryth, Thais and royal guard, some pathfinders
    Bv - Lyssa, Ceannard and Black Arrows, some pathfinders
    Bvi- Nephila (with a disguise paid for by Albrecht's promissory note with Lysaa's mice

asxetos:
    1. Nevill's package,
    3. x,
    4. x,
    5. x,
    6. x
    7. x
    8. x

Absinthe:
    1. Nevill's package,
    2: B (Nevill), C, D (seriously these rings are too good; lets also put this on the promissory)
    3: Abstain for now. It might be better to let Albrecht's champion keep an eye on them. Might also be better to call him to Stoneheim instead.
    4: D - Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.
    5. A
    6. A
    7. A
    8. x

Jester:
    1. Nevill's package > C2
    3. x
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x
    7. x
    8. x

Sunnmøring:
    1. Biv
    2. x
    3. x
    4. x
    5. x
    6. x
    7. x
    8. x

Nevill:
    1. Nevill's Package
    2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10) [promissory note from the King], C) Get another set of jewelry instead of the one we gave to Brothers Dietfried.
    3. A
    4. D
    5. A
    6. A
    7. B
    8. A

zerozero:
    1. zerozero's Package
    2. BD
    3. ADEF
    4. D
    5. A
    6. B
    7. B
    8. x

Baltika9:
    1. Nevill's Package
    3. AD
    4. D>C
    5. A
    6. A
    7. B
    8. x

Grimgravy:
    1. B2
    2. B (no more than 15) C, D
    3. H (leave them be)
    4. A Any cheese will do. Stop pandering to rodents
    5. A
    6. B
    7. B
    8. x

archaen:
    1. Nevill's plan
    2. BCD
    5. A
    6. A
    7. B
    8. x

1. What to do?

Leading Option: Nevill's Plan (6 votes)
    Nevill's package

zerozero's plan - 1 vote
    Biv - 1 vote
    Bii - 1 vote

2. What to buy?

1 abstain

Mandrake Roots 1/8 votes
    1 vote for 5 roots (2/2/1 ?)

Energon Cubes: 7/8 votes (2 general votes that go to leading option)
    3 votes for 30 cubes (10/10/10) using an Albrecht promissary note
    2 votes for 12 cubes (4/4/4) - One vote directly for 12 and one vote for anything under 15

Jewelry: 5/8 votes

Spell Ring: 4/8 votes
    1 vote to buy it with a promissory note from Albrecht
    3 votes to just buy it

3. Who to call?
    (4 abstain)

A) 3/5 votes
    B)
    C)
    D) 2/5 votes
    E) 1/5 votes
    F) 2/5 votes
    G) 1/5 votes
    H) 1/5 votes

4. Cheese
    (3 abstain)
    A) 1 vote
    B)
    C) 1 vote
    D) 4 votes

5. The Seekers
    (3 abstain)
    A) 6 votes
    B)

6. Mazzarin
    (3 abstain)
    A) 4 votes
    B) 2 votes

7. Nanshe
    (3 abstain)
    A) 1 vote
    B) 5 votes

8. Sticky Bombs
    (8 abstain)
    A) 1 vote
    B)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    If our ale turns out good, I'd like to see if it will help us make friends with Wenzel and if we could renegotiate those rates.

Also, we should see if we can add another enchantment spell at the royal academy for both of the ladies.

And we should see if we can get Timo to investigate this Eberhardt Returned business on top of the Unforgotten, Unforgiven.

^ Top  
  19. zerozero Literate

zerozero
    The overall strategy is for the 1 B choice:-

II - Albrecht's children and covert operations in the city

Team - Berty, girls, half of Blackfort forces, some pathfinders

III- Investigate the Great houses

Team - Derryth, Thais and royal guard, some pathfinders

V - Prison site

Team - Lysaa, Ceannard and Black Arrows, some pathfinders

VI- Palace - Nephila (100 wps disguise paid by king)

Team - Nephila with Lysaa's mice

II - The covert operations around the city should give us more information about the mood of the city about the rumours Unforgiven / Unforgotten and maybe something on Albrecht's children.

III From a solid lead given to us from Nephila investigating the Great Houses may give us something.

V The pregnant necromancer would be a good find to present to morpheus, she could be still in the city.

VI _With Nephila's expertise in eavesdropping and using her webs, this could prove us with some leads, the traitors may not be the royal family but someone in the palace.

Defence of the city as part of 1 B

As the King doesn't know who to trust, we will have to start mind probing his immediate circle.

Once this is done, we expand our mind probe on top city officials i.e. captain of the city guard/ watchmen, chief financier, chief medical officer . If we confirm that they are trustworthy we get them to investigate graveyards, sewers, mortuaries and secure the main water and food sources with the city guard/ kings men.

We will get plans of the city and shore up defences and identify weak points of entry.

This is to check for saboteurs and preparation in case of siege.

Vote

2 B D

3 D E F A

4 D

5 A

6 B

7 B

I had loads more to write but my head hurts from too many options :(

^ Top  
  20. zerozero Literate

zerozero
    Complete destruction of the Watcher's forces in the North, full trust of the king (and further access to his resourses), shade's spellbook, and a way to get rid of TWM. Not to mention a reputation of a total badass.

I'd say we got some pretty cool things.[/QUOTE]

I think that you read the quote wrong it said we will probably get LESS than the Blackfort battle

^ Top  
  21. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    7.B because we don't want to go to -100 on all our dwarven factions.

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Right, revising my vote:
    1) Nevill's package
    2) Nevill's loadout
    3) A, D
    4) D>C
    5) A
    6) A
    7) B. Lolnope.

Anyway, I think that neglecting either front would be stupid: if we huddle up in the city to hold Albrecht's throne and play investigator while the South spirals out of control, there may not be an Albrecht left to return to it. If we go South and forget about the kingdom, there may not be a throne for Albrecht to return to.
    As for Mazzarrin, well, if the man is indeed down there, then we still have a favor to call in with him, so there's a guarantee there. I'm honestly hoping that we can persuade the man to not exterminate the Ghols since they can be a useful weapon against the Dark.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    For 7A I was thinking this but if the odds are 50-50, I guess it's not a good idea.

^ Top  
  24. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Alright, I still can't find the flash drive with my nice annotated timeline on it... :negative:

But, I did have a few moments to run back through the updates and this is how much time has past:

The prologue was about a week long.

Chapter one was about a month long.

The first Interlude to loot the dungeon was two months long.

And this chapter so far has gone as follows:

Chapter 2:
    A Parting of ways - 9 days, to Blackford
    The Eagle and the crows - none, just a quick battle then you left
    Smoke on the Horizon - 3 days to the fort
    Few Against Many - 5 days from the fort to Myrgard
    Banks, Beers and Little Birdies - 2 days waiting on Bari
    The Black Arrows - none, only a few hours pass
    Fishing In the Dark - none, only an hour or so passes
    Anatomy of an Ambush - 3 days in the bunker
    An Unexpected Ambush - 1 day in the bunker
    The Raid/Berandal/Mind Games - none, all in the same night
    Hope and Hatred - 2 days
    Nine's Mind: The Mad, Mad Mind I/The Mad, Mad Mind II/The Mad, Mad Minds/A Strange Mind/Just Another Day - 1 day
    Blood for the Blood God/The Arrows in Flight - 1 day in prep time/casting/waiting/traveling
    Troubled Dreams and Sweet Nightmares - 2 days worth of activities
    Shattered Sleep/Wolves at the Door/Man is Man's Wolf/ Faith or Folly?/Dark Night - 1 day
    Desperate Times/Desperate Times II/Desperate Measures - 1 week and 1 day
    The Calm before the Storm - 2 weeks
    Stormy Night - 1 day
    To the Victors - 3 days for the executions/interviews and the like
    The Cost of Doing Business - 3 days meetings and the like
    Streaming of Whiskey - none, just an evening drinking
    Miracle Worker - 2 days prep for the ritual
    New Management - 1 day prep and travel
    Fighting in a Basement/In for a Penny/In for a Pound/Where Angels Fear to Tread/The Drowned Dead - 1 day
    The Battle of Blackrock I - 4 days prep
    The Battle of Blackrock II/The Battle of Blackrock III/The Battle of Blackrock IV - 4 days
    The Battle of Blackrock V - 1 day
    Battle's End?/Pursuit - 1 day
    They Will Sing of Horrors, Darkly/Elf - 2 days
    Lost or Hidden/The Second Coming - 1 day
    Detective D/The Fish and the Net/A Small Misstep/Silver Tongue, Bronze Fist/The Five Sovereigns - 1 day
    Fateful Meetings/Questions of Trust/Power Obscured - 1 day
    Lost and Found - 1 day
    Disappointments/Changes/Demonic Verses - 4 days
    The Hunter/Projecting/The Good Neighbours/Insubordination - 2 days

for 85 days total.

Current Date: November 19, 2542

- You have nine months left until the agreed upon 'year' is over and you are supposed to return to Muirthemne (there is nothing stopping you from returning early or coming and going as you wish but everyone will be expecting you in nine months for the happy, and very interesting, grand reunion. There will probably be a party and everything so don't die. ;)).

- Your last chance to wake up Mel occurred during the Miracle Worker update which means it has been twenty four days since then so you have another week, almost two, until you can try again.

I wonder how long she is going to be stuck dreaming for. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    Can't we take Melete with us and have The Seekers help us out on this when the time is right?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.