Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

  1. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The dude that refused to serve the Great House Berg as a champion.
    Sounds like he is the kind of person that is right up our alley. :love:
     
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    ^ Top  
  2. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    621
  3. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    621
    Did we want to take the mortars for firepower and the legionaires for bodyguards to the south with us? Is Albrecht giving us our chariot escort again?
     
    ^ Top  
  4. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Not me. Legionaries as bodyguards may be fine, but why would we want to make the knowledge of us having illegal mortars public?

    Why do we even need personal mortars when there is supposedly a whole army waiting for us?

    Do we need one? Shouldn't the Seekers be enough?

    I guess we can decide ourselves what we should or should not take. Albrecht is likely to agree to whatever proposal we come up with if it is rational.
     
    ^ Top  
  5. archaen Arbiter Patron

    archaen
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    621
    We are headed to an army in the south but we aren't going to be commanding it out right. We can wave our letter from the King about but I think that won't get us anywhere with the command staff out in the field. If we have the mortars with us it gives us an option to use massive firepower without orders having to go through the Dwarven chain of command. The other benefit is that we don't have illegal weapons sitting inside our compound that is most likely going to be infested with spies that will report their existence the assembly. I am proposing we box the weapons up in crates and don't pull them out unless we need them. If we do need them, though, they will probably be invaluable.

    As for the forces we take south, I think having a few units directly under our command to use as reserves, guards, and strike teams will only help in the conflict and if we can get trained units for free we should take them. We don't even know the allegiance of these other mages or how much we can count on them if four shades or 10,000 ghols come trundling out of the woodwork.
     
    ^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Albrecht asked us to cooperate with whomever is in charge there, not take over.

    If we have mortars with us, we are flashing them right in the face of the Great Houses we are supposed to ask for permission to bring them along, first.

    If you don't want the matter brought before the Assembly (read, the Great Houses, since the King does not care) by the spies, why would you think it is a good idea to take the mortars straight to the Great Houses? The spies would not even need to do anything. :D

    What do you mean by getting trained units 'for free'? The escorts? They are no more free than the rest of the dwarven army.

    I doubt that having a few units under our direct command would change the tides of the war (though it would be nice having people that would follow your orders to the letter). Do you think to wage war in spite of the dwarven command there? That's never a good idea.

    The goal of meeting the mages before our departure is to see how much you can count on them, but they have their reputation as a company at stake there. One of the reasons we even considered them was because they have no history of known failures. They have signed with Albrecht to provide assistance to the army for a month, and if they break their word - and that is not something you can keep under a rug, - they can say goodbye to any commercial activity in the Kingdom. Unless, of course, the Kingdom is razed to the grround.
     
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    ^ Top  
  7. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,266
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  8. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    The Sovereigns were loaded into the carriage you used to send the message to the compound. The Weasel captains did not seem terribly interested in escorting them once they were in the custody of guards representing Albrecht and the Sovereigns were still restrained with fairly heavy chains so the chance of them getting away was rather low anyway.

    It depends what you want to do.

    If you want to replace your armour or pour over their magic items then you are looking at a shopping session that will take you four to six hours. If you are only interested in popping in for a moment to see if they have any roots or cubes then yes, you can do both though that would be a separate option. I can add it if you would like.

    Alternatively, if you want to go see the Seekers in the evening then you can do that as well. You would have to push back the ritual with Hallr to some point after midnight and your other teams would have to wait for your return but it is definitely possible should you desire.

    Yeah, he has a few hours free tomorrow morning and that is when you will meet him.

    One of the Sovereigns has a relative that works for the Weasels. A second cousin he is not too close with but who was willing to help them slip into the compound between shifts. From there they just had to find the prison, break in, free their friends and escape, all without being caught, simply really. :lol:

    No he does not need to be conscious, unless you want to say something to him before casting him into the Dreaming for what may be the rest of time. ;)

    Well, now they will begin their investigation using Albrecht resources to see what they can find out about the graffiti.

    They will either work out of the palace or if they decide they need more space/time alone they will work out of one of the old Pathfinder safe houses that is no longer used.

    They will not go back to their compound as Wenzel will be watching it and would likely attack again if they were spotted.

    They don't require your help for the moment as they are focused on your investigation rather than the Weasels.

    If you act against the Weasels then it would likely not be all that hard to convince the Sovereigns to help.

    They did not learn anything that you do not already know. Their knowledge is limited to numbers, locations and the structure of the organization.

    The guards in the prison are not in the habit of gossiping around the prisoners, last person to do that had to clean out the sewage pits.

    What you learnt about the Weasels is easily summarized:

    The Weasels have been expanding of late. They now number close to five hundred members and Wenzel has been giving his captains more freedom to do as they please when he is not around. They have been getting aggressive, pressuring local businesses and other mercenary groups and they have acquired a fair amount of marginal land as well.

    Wenzel assured you during your conversation that the new resources he has acquired would prove more than sufficient to aid you in any operation you might seek to undertake. His confidence in his own strength might be a sign of concern should you decide to further provoke him.

    He was not able to give you any details on the specialties of his mages. He merely said that they, 'do magic'. You do not actually think that he was ducking the question as he seemed to know very little about magic and mages in general. IT is entirely possible that even he does not know what his captains are capable of.

    If you really are suspicious you could ask Albrecht to have a Pathfinder team investigate. OR you could pull Martin's team out of the Palace and try to have them infiltrate the Weasels' compound.

    Mayer in all likelihood as he manages your finances and is the highest ranked person in your group after D&T. If you want to appoint a representative before leaving you can also do that, you will need to decide who is staying and going anyway.

    Also if you want any resources of personnel brought in from Blackrock before you leave you should send off the message now to give them enough time to reach you.

    I can't tell you if it is worth it but it is an avenue you could pursue.

    You would need to make a deal with Morpheus to have his people spy on and record the dreams of the Weasels.

    Yes that would require giving Morpheus something or someone he desires.

    It can be effective but you have to rely on the target dreaming about what you want to know and you have to figure out if the information in the dream is based on reality or simply the target's hopes, fears or desires. For example simply because a person dreams or thinks about murder does not mean they are actually seriously considering committing a murder. So there is something of a grey area there.

    Easily done. I had intended to give you their names as they became important so that they would stick out in your mind but here are their names:

    Slainge - the male fir'Bolg archer. Quiet, keeps largely to himself, but one of the best archers this side of the Cloudspine
    Slog - the male human sellsword. Weilds an axe and a large round shield. Competent enough, skilled with a blade, he asks few questions and generally follows Tusk\s lead.
    Jape - the female human archer. A bit of a troublemaker with quick hands. She specializes in breaking locks and slipping past traps.
    Ylfa - the female dwarf that you talked to in the tavern. She is one of the more level headed members of the group. Fights with a spear, shield and a sword.
    Brami - the male dwarf that you talked to in the tavern. The default 'second' for the group, decent leadership qualities even if he does have a bit of a short temper at times. Fights with a sword and shield.
    Eitri - male dwarf grenadier. Interested primarily in money but seems to have a strong loyalty to the group.
    Brokk - male dwarf grenadier. Seemed nice enough, a quiet sort, he just sat in the corner sharpening his knife.
    Hrani - male dwarf warrior. The newest member of the group, you get the impression that he is still trying to prove he belongs in the group. He thanked you several time for helping them. He strikes you as young for a dwarf. Wields an ax and a shield.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Not sure if I understood you correctly. What is our current schedule for the day, evening and night, and what would change if we try and fit meeting the Seekers in the evening?

    Again, what are the timeframes for both? What would be involved? If we are going with Martin, how would we deposit our spies and pick them up?

    How would Pathfinders go about their investigation?

    Do we know what kind of operations Weazels run in the city? Can we mess with them? The plan is to disrupt something that would provoke them into sending a response team with one of the captains in charge, and then ambushing the said team to get our hands on Wenzel's commanding officer. I do not want that to be linked to us, though.

    Again, what would be involved in that operation, resourse-wise (money and time)?

    Do Pathfinders have non-lethal weapons that would disrupt the enemy efficiency? Something that would be our equivalent of tear gas or a pepper spray grenade? I know they utilize flash grenades, but I am looking for something that might be used for storming the compound. Well, you can always set it on fire and let them come out, I suppose. :evil:

    Do Sovereigns have mages or someone who dabbles in magic among them? Do they know any of the trustworthy mages in the Kingdom?

    That reminds me. Do you think we can introduce Letta to Astrid without going into details about their respective pasts? I think the two girls would hit it off right away, seeing how they have similar backgrounds (both were raised by single mothers) and occupations. And having an inventor on the team might increase the Sovereigns' efficiency by leaps and bounds. By the way, do they know about the Pathfinders?

    The idea is to keep all of our resourses connected. The Arrows, the Greys, the Boys, the Sovereigns, Blackrock mercs, the Royal Guards and occasional Pathfinders - they would be far more productive if they cooperate between themselves, even though they have different assignments. There are natural synergies that are apparent, like having the Arrows train the Greys, and having Blackrock captains determine who among the Boys may eventually be integrated in their structure. I think the more of them have ties with each other (to a reasonable degree, not everyone has to know, say, the truth behind the Pathfinders), the better off we would be as a whole.

    Also, how widespread is our cooperation with the Arrows? I know Lady Grey was interested in us primarily because we were involved with them, but then again, she is a bit stalker-ish. :D I assume none of our deals with them are common knowledge, except maybe for the siege of Blackrock?

    If we ever acquire them, I would like everyone to be under an impression that they are working independently from us.
     
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    ^ Top  
  10. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    You have a five (or so) hour block in the afternoon to do what you want. Any substantial shopping is likely to eat that up but you could try to just pop into the Brothers' shop to see if they have a few neccesities and that would not take up too much time (you would not have time to shop for weapons and armour though).

    Following that you would normally return to the palace for dinner and to meet with your other teams. Today you will also meet Lady Grey and Ajiak in all likelihood. Given that Lady Grey is to be made your partner your meeting with her is likely to run longer than Aijak's.

    That should take things to early evening at which point you will undertake the ritual to send Hallr over to Morpheus. The construction of the gate will likely take Derry a little time as it is your first time trying this but Taide and Lys will be there to help as needed. The ritual will also take time as certain security measures must be observed, the ladies do not believe it would be wise to open a stable and safe passage from the Dreaming to the physical world without some sort of safeguard in place to prevent things from coming through or escaping the chamber you will hold the ritual in. The last thing you need is to have goblins and elves infesting the palace, playing tricks, ruining supplies and eating the help.

    When all of that is done with you will likely go to sleep and get some rest before you go to see Timo in the morning.

    If you try to fit the Seekers in you will be at least an hour or two late to dinner and everything will have to be bumped back a bit. It is doable but it will be a delay.

    You have no idea if anything would change as a result.

    The Pathfinders could begin investigating in a day or so, provided there are free agents in the city. You do not know if or when they would show results.

    You could recall Martin and the animals and deploy them at the compound within a day. The only reason you can not do it sooner is that Lyssa is needed to converse with them and she is currently across town.

    To bring in the Pathfinders you would simply have to notify Albrecht.

    To use Martin and his team you would need to give them orders, tell them what to look for and then deposit them within range of the compound.

    Well you could simply throw a cloak on and walk past the front door, the mice could slip in without too much difficulty as they are only animals. Few people are paranoid enough to think that rodents are spying on them. Or you could have the eagles fly over the compound and deposit Martin and his team on the roof if you could convince the mice to trust the eagles and the eagles to not eat the mice.

    Discretely but as quickly as is feasible. You do not know exactly what they will do as that will be left to the discretion of the participating agents and you do not know any of them.

    Extortion, security, simple sabatoge, that sort of thing. Nothing too complicated or overly difficult. Every now and then they attempt to take on more ambitious projects as well but you do not know what, if anything, they are currently working on.

    Sure, don't see why you couldn't.

    You would likely have to dedicate at least half a day to it, it depends on how subtle you want to be. The easiest way to get the attention of the Weasel captains would be to start hitting their business fronts and killing their people. That should draw at least one out fairly quickly.

    The cost would depend on the exact sort of plan you want to execute.

    Yes, they are not as popular as some of the other variants but they do have less lethal weapons.

    I don't see why you couldn't. Though they are complete strangers and without some sort of reason to interact it is unlikely either would demonstrate much interest in getting to know the other.

    Like most people in the Kingdom the Sovereigns do not know about the Pathfinders as an organization.

    It is not terribly well known. People have seen you together, entering and leaving the city or assaulting/leaving the Oneiroi compound, and the soldiers that served as your escort certainly know that you hired the Arrows but the majority of the population has no idea that you are working together. At this point someone would either have to have a personal interest in you or the Arrows, or, they would have to be very well informed in general to know that you are a 'preferred client' of Ceannard's.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Well, meeting our captains (and the latest addition to the ever-growing harem) is important. Shopping for armor will have to wait until tomorrow, I guess.

    B.

    How many are they? Shouldn't Albrecht know this? I am asking because I wanted to borrow some of them for checking the Boys.

    What happened to the contingent of 12 (or was it 20?) Pathfinder Officers sent to Blackrock? Did they return back to Myrgard, or did they stay at our fort with Argus?

    Half of our day? I think Berty would be more suited for a hit-and-run tactics and overall planning of the operation. We should learn to delegate responsibilities by now. What is he currently doing, by the way?

    Hitting their business fronts is what I had in mind, yes, but indiscriminate killing just to get their attention does not sit well with me. I know it will come to this sooner or later, but if we attack unprovoked it increases the risk of killing someone whom we would rather not to. I'd limit XTREME action to the actual combatants in their employ, i.e. their response team.

    Something like robbing one of their more profitable (and preferably illegal) enterprizes while leaving clues as to what our next target would be so that they would send a welcoming committee there. Make it look like a work of some street gang with no idea whom they are dealing with. The ones that intend to lay down a trap rarely are careful enough to think that they may be the ones who are falling for another trap. Hell, we are no exception to the rule, either, with that Shade ambushing us on the mountain. I can see them trying to teach a lesson to street punks (and I think they feel the need to reassert themselves after we pulled our trick on them), so that plan might bear fruit.

    If we send a message to Berty now, can such an attack be prepared and carried out tonight? Or what would be the most probable schedule for it?
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  12. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    He probably has a general idea of how many Pathfinder agents there are in the city and where they are but he does not micromanage. He has ways of calling for them and can usually assemble at least a few when needed.

    A few came back at the same time you did, a few stayed at the fort and a few disappeared as Pathfinders tend to do.

    I am afraid I am not a mind reader. If you do not give me specifics I will make assumptions. In most cases that means I will base my response on the assumption that Derry will personally undertake the action, especially when I think the potential outcomes could be amusing. :smug:

    If you want Berty to run this operation that is definitely possible and well within his capabilities.

    He planned to spend a good chunk of the day helping your recruitment team organize your new mercenaries. After that he said he had plans to see a man about a goose. He would not elaborate.

    If you inform Berty he needs to hit the Weasels tonight then he will hit the Weasels tonight. As long as you give him ten to twenty minutes notice (plus walking time) he should be able to manage something.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Sorry, I just wanted to ask 'do we have to be the ones to do this?' Our schedule is tight as it is.

    Well, I have no doubt Berty can go and do it for shits and giggles, but I also want the attack to succeed. :lol:

    I want him to notify us what resourses, if any, he needs to pull it off.

    Off the top of my head, we will need some of the disabling equipment to render a large group of fighters useless, means to incapacitate their leader (say, with 'Poison Oath' arrows), and a group of about 30 to 50 men to be able to hit them decisively.

    We have the mercenaries, we have Sovereigns, if need be, and we have an element of surprise. All we need is to disable the mages and commanders first, as the Weazels are not known for their tactical abilities, nor for their martial prowess. I wonder if we can make use of the Pathfinders as well if we tell Albrecht about our suspicions.

    By the way, did the lake inside Wenzel's mind actually feel similar to the one we found in the village mayor's? I pointed out the similarity in their descriptions, but never confirmed if our heroines think so, too.

    We need to hit one or several Weazel's places to provoke a reaction, leak out the location of our next target, and ambush their punitive expedition en-route, taking the captain prisoner. Preferably with no civilan casualties and with no leads left to whomever ordered the attack.

    Is it feasible to do without us personally overseeing every minor detail of the operation?
     
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    ^ Top  
  14. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    No worries, just giving you fair warning. ;)

    Sure.

    If you want Berty to handle this he will need your permission to borrow ten men (they could be Pathfinders if you want or they could be the Boys, he does not much care). He will also need you to acquire for him: ten full length mirrors, twenty metres of rope, twenty pigs and enough raw ingredients to fill three drums with the dwarven cocktail solution.

    He is capable of securing the rest of what he will need on his own and he can begin tonight if you wish (after dinner of course, he would not want to miss his evening meal).

    Yes, in the sense that they were both lakes so they both felt like lakes, beyond that you did not push enough in either case to be sure of anything.
     
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Okay. Who is up to getting some Weazel captains? :D

    2. You have a few avenues of investigating the Weazels further, even without breaking into their compound.
    A) You go for it. (several options may be chosen)
    i. You send a team of Pathfinders to investigate them. Albrecht can deal with whatever they discover himself.
    ii. You send your mice to spy on their compound. They will likely only have a day at most before you leave the city, however.
    iii. You send Berty and a team of his choosing to draw out one of their captains from the compound and capture them for interrogation.
    B) You do not bother with the Weasels. You have enough enemies as it is, no need to antagonize them further.
     
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    ^ Top  
  16. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,266
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  17. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'll vote for 2Aii, iii. We are still under obligations to Albrecht to find traitors among his family, and the situation with Wenzel is suspicious enough to warrant further inquiry. We did not learn anything useful by talking to him, so other measures are required.

    I would love to raid the compound, but 500 men is an army to be reckoned with. Still, one of Wenzel's captains is currently away with 50 of his men, so at least they are not at full strength. If we can chip at his forces even further by getting another one, it might make things easier for us in the near future.

    The rats provide a second source of information. If they or the captured captain will have the information we seek, we won't even have to go inside the compound. However, if they won't have it, we might need their intel to be able to break in.
     
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    ^ Top  
  18. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Added.

    Current tally:

    Show Spoiler
    Kz3r0: 1.Aii, 2.Aiii
    Jester: 1.B>C>Ai, 2.x
    archaen: 1.B>Aii, 2.x
    Grimgravy: 1.Ai>B, 2.B
    Nevill: 1.B, 2.Aii,Aiii
    Azira: 1.Ai, 2.Aiii
    Baltika9: 1.B, 2.Aiii

    1.
    4 votes B
    2 votes Ai
    1 vote Aii

    2.
    4 votes Aiii
    1 vote B
    2 votes undeclared

    Post Flop:
    1.
    5 votes B
    1 vote Ai
    1 vote Aii

    2.
    4 votes Aiii
    1 vote B
    2 votes undeclared


    If there are no objections I will try to close the vote in twenty four hours as I should have some time to write out an update tomorrow evening.
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

    Azira
    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2004
    Messages:
    8,175
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Codex 2012
    1Ai
    2Aiii
     
    ^ Top  
  20. Absinthe Prophet

    Absinthe
    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2012
    Messages:
    3,197
    How close is Derryth to increasing her charisma by the way?

    We've had a lot of social encounters involving Derryth by now.

    Actually, let me expand that question: How are we doing on all the stats? I can see we aren't really using strength, but we've been in enough scrapes depending on dex and con so far. And we've been flexing int and wis quite a bit.
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  21. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Hmm, I can't really give a straight answer on that as I am purposely obscuring mechanical progression on the characters. Just think of them as happy surprises when they do happen.

    I will say though that an increase would not be out of place for some characters on some stats/abilities in the short to mid term.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,501
  23. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Hmm.

    Would Astrid mind if we assign her as the person heading this investigation? Sort of like the chief inspector, with the Sovereigns as field agents. It is highly likely that whatever information the Sovereigns will uncover will need to be delivered to the King and/or Pathfinders to act on it, one way or the other. Well, why not shorten the chain?

    Of course, Letta wouldn't know that she is dealing with Pathfinders, but she does not need to.

    Besides, while we can support Letta with anything the money can provide, Astrid as an inventor can also give her specialized equipment you simply can't buy anywhere, like she did with our remote-controlled sap-bomb.

    I can kind of see this relationship working.
     
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  24. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    You might have to get the King to ask/order her to take the assignment, she would not refuse if you did. She spends most of her time watching Bari at the moment so she would likely object to anything that distracts from that.

    She would certainly prefer to stay at the safe house and continue to tend to Bari though one could make the arguement that it would be good for her to have something else to focus on besides her comatose friend.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.