Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Nanshe was standing directly in front of 'Derryth'/Cass and the other two. If they threw fatal magic at Nanshe and missed they would kill the targets so they had to tone down their spells. That limitation combined with the element of surprise and Nanshe's metallic skin spell proved decisive though two of the mages did get a chance to defend themselves.

Maybe she managed to expand her knowledge? Maybe she received a little help? Maybe a certain sexy demon prince gave her a hint to ensure she would win if it came to a one-on-one fight? It will just have to remain a mystery unless you can come up with a good reason to ask her. :cool:

Maybe, maybe not.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Watcher (Main bad guy? We will see) one of few original dark lords still active. He posses dream all necromancy comes from, making him basically an archlich. Was fighting against kingdom and empire under Balor?, but lost. Petrified and cut in number of pieces (part of him are capable of controlling weak minded as you can see in update), after being caught in ambush set by Alric current Emperor (he really hate that guy). His consciousness? soul? ended up close to kingdom. In his attempts to get more power base and revive started again war with Kingdom, but we happened and things went quite bad for him. TWM is one of his main minions only one we directly met, hundreds of years old, narcistic. So old he basically got really bored from lack of any real challenge, but Derryth and Thais were able to blind side him several times sparking his interests. Become obsessed with capturing them. He has a hobby of collecting interesting mages, by making them love him obsessive (becoming his puppets). He is more of quirky mini boss from my view.
    Nashe is mage we encountered used to release Ghols from watcher enslavement. After that she became leader of them. She is currently cooperating with us to get rid of TWM to weaken watcher (and she hates the guy). We have big conflict of interest, so i expect big battle with her after watcher is dealt with. Ghols and Dwarves have a real long history of hatred dated from times Dwarves emerged from underground. They went to war (its so long ago no one knows who started aggressions each side thinks they were in right) either way dwarves end up conquering Ghoul lands.
    "It is no secret that the dwarves and the ghôls have long made war on one another. The southern hills of the continent have been bathed in the blood of both races since time immemorial but the events of the last two hundred years put even that bloody history to shame. Albrecht fought at the head of his father's army against Balor and his ghôl armies. He fought valiantly but in the end he failed to defend his homeland. The twin capitals of Myrgard and Stoneheim fell to the Fallen Lords and with them fell the kingdom.

Albrecht ruled his people in exile for over sixty years, fleeing the advance of the Fallen Lords and offering to humanity what resources and aid he could. Alric's surprise victory over the Fallen Lords provided the dwarves a chance for revenge and they have spent the better part of the last sixty years beating the ghôls back into the wastes and reclaiming their homeland. Much work remains to be done but Albrecht has never been one to shy away from a challenge."
    From Preparations Part 1 objective view. Recent war memories making things more difficult. With our politic of equal opportunity employment in our evil? corporation we dont care to much.

Dreams and Nightmares are primal spells believed to be basic of whole magic. Each of them gives you power of archmage level (things like spider goddes or Morpheus are about 3 times weaker level).
    "It is said that the Wyrd, a deity or being of great power, had created the world out of a dream. As he awoke, all that his eye beheld became as the lands of his dream.

This dramatic reshaping of the world angered the goddess Nyx. She had just breathed life into her new creations, the Trow, only to have the entirety of the world change. Trow legends claim that Nyx and Wyrd had a titanic battle that shook the very rock of the world. Nyx had caused a great wound to Wyrd, which formed into the volcano Tharsis, but Wyrd would not fall to her assaults. In her rage, she called upon the powers of the Dark Gods to aid her. The Wyrd was shattered, his powers flung to the corners of the world in rocky fragments. And yet, the One Dream of the Wyrd remained."
    The guy with good voice? Someone insane? Disney villain?

^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I have a question about 'The Worrier King' interlude.

But weren't myrkridia extinct since Connacht caught them in the Tain, and only resurrected by the Summoner in the last war, about two years ago?

Unless myrkridia are like butterflies, isn't two years a bit too early for their breeding to produce a noticeable result? They are fairly humanoid in their appearance at least.

Could it be that the north is under attack by what is left of the Soulblighter's forces, and if those die, the threat dies with them?

The GiantBomb, while, admittedly, is not a very reliable source, has this to say on the matter:
    Indeed, a victory over the Summoner would not be such a turning point in the war if they could reproduce so quickly.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    ^ Top  
  4. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    They were functionally extinct before the Summoner started freeing them again, that is correct.

More like really big rats actually. I can not give you the exact numbers since no one has actually been able to study the monsters without being killed by them (or killed for associating with them) however it is known from surviving myths and historical accounts of the creatures that they reproduce very rapidly. It is not unthinkable that a population could quadruple within a year or two if the conditions supported such a population boom.

Eventually though the myrkridia population will hit the maximum capacity for whatever location they choose to inhabit. What usually happens is that they wind up at war with one another over resources and mates but if they have a skilled leader to hold them together and drive them forward they can be a significant threat to other people.

Possibly, though if someone wanted to be completely sure they would need to follow in Connacht's footsteps. They would need to sweep the warrens of the myrkridia and ensure that every female and pup is dead.

GiantBomb is not the worst resource out there though there are certainly better ones. In this case though they are being rather optimistic.

I think it is important to note that the Deceiver and the Legion killed the Summoner on the 20-21 of April.

Alric killed Soulblighter just one week later on the 27th.

Alric was also the aggressor in the last days of the war. He pinned Soulblighter's army against the Cloudspine and pushed until it dissolved though it cost him half the Legion to do it.

So the breeding rate of the myrkridia would not matter anyway unless they could grow to full size within a week.

My interpretation is that Alric had learnt an important lesson from the last war. You do not leave mage lords alive if you don't want them coming back to cause trouble. He launched that attack on the Summoner for two reasons then, the first was to cut off the immediate supply of reanimated myrkridia for Soulblighter's army. The second reason was to ensure the Summoner would not outlive his master and try to start another war a few decades down the road. In both of those aims he succeeded. I do not think that he was aiming to completely wipe out the myrkridian race with that attack though he likely would have considered it an added bonus if it did happen.

Alric only needed a week, I would say that the events of the game do not tell us much about their rate of reproduction as a result.

What we do know though is that as a species they are almost incapable of internal organization and that it took a human to teach them tactics, warfare and more advanced magic. We also know that they have little problem fighting one another when their instincts take over. Finally, despite the fact that they are very tough individually they are definitely commensal animals (they live, eat and work in packs). Their desire to be close to one another and their tendency to lash out at whatever is near them when they get angry when combined with their generally vicious nature and lack of respect for life in general is likely to create a species that suffers from high amounts of intracommunal violence and a fairly high death rate even in the absence of 'enemy species'.

Well, any species that behaves that way would extinguish itself rather quickly if its birth rate was not high enough to compensate. So I am fairly confident in ruling that the myrkridia do have a high birth rate and a quick reproductive cycle which fits nicely with the general view of them as a swarm of unstoppable horrors.

That is how I approach it at least.

Edit:

The update is going to be delayed a bit. I have seem to have caught some sort of flu/cold/bug and it is making it rather difficult to focus on much of anything. Hopefully it will be out some time this week but it is slow going.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    So, uh... I've been pondering about it for a bit, and I want to see if any of you guys gave it a thought.

What exactly are we trying to achieve with Nanshe? In the long term, I mean?

- Are we trying to keep her pointed at the Watcher, until he is no longer a threat, and then destroy her to scatter the clans and keep the Dwarven Kingdom safe?
    - Are we just 'going with the flow' and doing things without an agenda other than immediate survival?
    - Or are we going to actually try and prevent both dwarves and ghols from clashing with each other?

It might be too early to worry about it just yet when there are at least two other hostile sides even without the ghols, but I want to test the waters. Nanshe does not make a secret out of her desire to take Myrgard, and the presence of the raiding parties in the south, if it is her doing, may indicate her interest in capturing Stoneheim after it has been weakened. My question is, do we intervene, and if we do, in what way?

And if we want to deter the ghols from attacking, or want to prompt them to leave the dwarven lands, how do we go about this? Do we let the "grand empire in the south to rival even that of the Cath Bruig" rise?

There may be a few things Nanshe would want more than destruction of the dwarves, and there may be a few deterrents that would be able to stop even the fiercest of assaults, but do we even bother? Changing a situation that had been that way for several thousands of years is a pretty tall order, after all.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    ^ Top  
  6. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Well from my point of view main objective with Nanshe and by her proxy all clans she will get is to set them against Watcher forces. They know the land and their actions should be able to decrease overall loses.

I really doubt we can make dwarfs and them even remotely friendly, but perhaps we will be able to set some official or unofficial agreement between Albrecht and Nanshe preventing war. Everyone are badly hurt after great war so i doubt that Dwarves or Ghols have enough manpower to repopulate and build new settlements, so if future expansion policy will be wise there shouldn't be problem here. Any possibility for relationship improvements between them is to make them know each other and i doubt that it will work, it would require huge amount of goodwill and you know the situation.

So overall keep watcher busy and later show why clashing with each other is very bad idea. Nanshe should understand that attacking Kingdom would mean attacking our corporate interests and she should know first hand how that's end. Albreht will understand possible threat of Empire involvement in case of Kingdoms weakness. Why start another war when houses are still on fire? Nanshe can build her Empire as long as she dont start anything with our local Dwarves, but if they come to her looking for trobule... everything goes. We could even start trade with Nanshe Empire after they set it, that could help to defuse situation a little bit.

^ Top  
  7. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I am pretty sure any noticeable 'relation improvement' is impossible unless we are talking a big timeskip during which no major atrocities take place. I mean, all the stuff they do to each other is beyond redemption or rationalizing. Even though their leaders might recognize the benefits of not continuing the war that has seen no conclusion for millenia, their people will never agree to just let it slide, and the rulers would lose their legitimacy in an instant if their subjects ever so much as suspect something along these lines.

The only possible prospect for peace I can see is to deny nations contact to one another and let the slighted generations die out while new ones take their place. Without their parents being roasted alive and eaten or chunked on an altar for the Dark Gods, they would find it much easier to tolerate one another. Which is simpler to do with ghols rather than with dwarves, as the former are short-lived, and their generations change 5 to 10 times faster.

We have also seen that dwarves are less warlike than ghols, and have no real interest in expanding their territory, but are content building on what they already have. All of this combined suggests to me that if we want to pursue this course, Nanshe is the one to approach with the idea. It depends on her actions more than it does on Albrecht's.

There is also this to consider: Nanshe's rise and popularity hinge on her spoken and unspoken promises to achieve something of lasting worth, as Enki put it, and realize the dreams of her people - and the destruction of the 'dwarven oppressors' is one such dream. Her hands are tied in regards to what she can actually do. Her worth is determined by her victories, and unless she piles one on top of the other, the rivaling clans will turn on her. It is not as easy as her ordering her people to sit still, just like Albrecht can not act on his whims as long as the Lords are around.

Unless we come up with a solution to that problem, all our threats and promises are empty, as we will always be farther away from her than her own subjects who demand this of her. I have a couple of ideas in mind, but none of them are very satisfactory.

Damn it, it would be that much easier if we just killed her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    I think we should first thing about us. Like Jester said - we can make secret meeting with Nanshe and Alb. They seems to be more inteligent then most of their people and thinks about their future. They should be able to make secret pact about prevent fighting at lest for some time. We need every ally that we can get in this damn world and it seems we have enough enemies in it. We should think about our future. Mel enemies probably still want to get her and after we wake her up we should think about stoping them (I suggest do that right after Watcher).

Another problem are our 'allies'. Morpheus and the Silver Lady may want to fuck us after they don't need us anymore. We must think about them too.

And the last but not last - future itself. What we will do after (we may not get alive from it, but hey! We must have hope!) Watcher and Albrecht traitor? More job from dwarfs? New way? Maybe making new shit around.

^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I have my doubts about how well such a meeting would work out.

I mean, I can kind-of sorf-of see Albrecht coming to terms with the fact that we are using Nanshe against the Watcher, though it would be quite an achievement if he did not kick us out of the Kingdom after we are done, but to actually make them work together?

I think it might be better if Albrecht never learns that. He does not even know that Lyssa is a necromancer, and Timo didn't tell him because the King is unlikely to take it well. There simply is no reason for him to know.

And I am pretty sure dwarves hate ghols more than they hate undead and/or necromancers. I would not risk introducing them to each other, not in the foreseeable future.

It would not require much to prevent Albrecht from fighting - he has his hands full with internal affairs and has no interest in waging offensive wars. He is not our problem. The problem is Nanshe who is driven by the idea to retake the ancestral lands, and the idea isn't even hers.

Reinhard, though... now that would be a problem. But we have not even met the man yet.

There is truth in what one of the Brothers Dietfried says. The one who seeks to ally with the opposing sides risks being destroyed by them both.

Maybe, but we have created conditions where Morpheus, and by extension, the Lady, will 'need' us forever. We have a lifelong contract where he grants us his protection in exchange for us entertaining him. Since he is a demon, he can't go back on his words willy-nilly, unless there is some major payoff.

If we cancel the contract, then I guess all bets are off, but that is something we have control over.

It is always good to plan for something more than today or even tomorrow.

After our affairs in the Kingdom are done, and the south is secured, I would like to wake Mel, ramp the military strength of the Kingdom up, restore our friends, and get back to our affairs in Cath Bruig. My dream is to secure an Empire for ourselves. Failing that, I want to make the Lost into a glue holding the Mythverse together. Serpent already has an Empire in the north, and we have gained ourselves a position in the Kingdom. If we place our people in Gower/Ermine/Western Empire, we would be able to unite the various states through our ties and respond to the threats of the Dark much more efficiently than we do now, when each of us are facing their challenges alone.

And then there is the 'to do' list I've made earlier. :D

^ Top  
  10. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    I like that list! I think we have at least one of it already done. (Aka power of metal.)

^ Top  
  11. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Not until we throw TWM into the Dreaming, sadly.

Which might be not as easy as it sounds. I am even prepared to use one of our foci to boost our willpower for the purposes of the ritual - I don't want to fuck anything up.

But we'll see what happens when we get there.

^ Top  
  12. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    I think about TWM puppets. Maybe there is a way to free them (I sadly don't know if they are even under some spell). They may be usefull.

^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    No. I don't think there is.

They are braindead, their minds are eviscerated and the only thing they care for now is their master's approval. I think the effect is permanent, even though it might have been initially caused by a spell, just like the effects of our mind magic. We can break one's mind, but there is no easy way to repair it safe for rebuilding it from scratch. And that would mean capturing and brainwashing mages that are more powerful than us - a foolish task if I ever saw one.

We have seen the boy in the caves - there was no one around to maintain the 'spell' that made him think like he did, which suggests to me that there is no hope for them.

I don't really know, though. Fangshi, what do our ladies think on the matter? Do we even have an idea what was done to them?

Perhaps once TWM is in the Dreaming Morpheus will allow us to have a chat with him.

^ Top  
  14. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    I think we should use Nanshe hard and put her down hard when she's of no use. Too dangerous by far to be left as Ghol empress.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    The other tactic we can try is to raise up a competing faction in the ghols and set them to oppose Nanshe. If Nanshe has her hands full trying to keep her new empire together and fighting off other ghols, she won't have time for campaigns against the dwarves. I think easiest way to do this would be to engineer a crushing defeat in battle to cause some of her support to dissolve. The opposing factions should nominate themselves as they vie for power in the vacuum of credibility left after a nasty defeat.

^ Top  
  16. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Meeting? You nuts? They will kill each other any talks should be conducted by proxy.
    I really doubt he will care that we used Ghols to take on his enemies, Al is to smart for some lawful stupid palladin crap. I expect he would mind if we would sound to fond of Ghols. They dont need to work with each other, they simply have to avoid fighting. No cooperation or aliance just unofficial border with non-aggression pact. People cross border do to them what you wish.

Well undead lords had pressed dwarves to point they had to run from capital avoiding extinction so i would say they have most hated title. With Ghols as close second.

More or less true. If she is smart she will concentrate on establishing some solid national structure, if not i doubt their conquests will least.

Waiting till personal meting, we dont have to much reliable info.

In wars both sides make opponent bad guy, in in this conflict they even believe it. We interacted with them so we know either side can be oppressing one. If you take one side or other you are screwed. So i think we should take most profitable option. Still i think we and our forces could sit it out if we concentrate on defence of capital without taking reputation hit after we take care of undead and cultists.
    I cant imagine what anyone can pay to Morpheus to cross us even without contract. Guy likes us, we are solid business partners, gave him some interesting collection pices and own us a quite big debt of honour. With contract it looks even more unlikely. Only thing i can imagine is debt of Faceless magnitude, but that was paid. We arent interested in his realm, so no power play. Neh i find it unlikely for them to cross us unless faced with huge plot development.

:excellent:
    Time to add some Jester attempt at good content. Most interesting for me bolded.

Kingdom quests -
    "Just 5 more minutes" (Buy Mel large alarm clock or something),
    "I cast healing spells" (work on Bari, Nell and Mayers restoration (make plans on bodies restoration, fix ms Mayers mind)),
    "Boot camp stories"/"Tale of very short partisans" (end training of lost army),
    "Of man and Mice... and some Rats... and perhaps odd marmot or two... Second book." (interact and get some stories of rats and mouse commonwealth),
    "Where all cheese go?" (rat infiltration gear development),
    "Time to stop drinking, its getting surreal." (mouse flying gear made),
    "Conquer the skies!"\"Operation steel tallon." (establish tower pilot academy\bet on result of Luftwaffe vs bird conflict),
    "From corner into spotlight"\"You are a wizard Squick!" (establish mouse wizard school),
    "Looking sharp dude" (lost standard personnel gear made),
    "Trust me i am an engineer" (establish engineering),
    "FOR GREAT SCIENCE" (invest in research)
    [I think secret facilities in our fort might be nice place for basic research/engineering department],
    "I LOVE MY JOB!" (work on our "grey" ruled corporation)
    [when time comes hit south we need people who can control our facilities, especially if we wont have reliable way of communication. Hmm some kind of fax may be ideal solution]

"Royalist" :obviously: (make sure Kingdom wont fall)

General quests -
    "Pick up the phone dude"/"Hey! I was texting" (work on communication spells),
    "THERE IS ONE RULE OF METAL! PLAY IT FUCKING LAUD!" (learn metal spells),
    "My baby girl is all grown up" (get archmage title),
    "Today weather forecast change is brought to you by..." (get 2nd part of stone),
    "Im getting feedback" (establish a band and go on dreaming concert),
    "You know blood wine. Its Klingon drink. I know a guy." (master art of distillery),
    "I recall your past" (sort out your better part memories),

"Campfire stories" (contact all people who will be taking part in dream meeting),
    "Eagle flight" (check on Guards),
    "Get a room you two" (get ownership of fetch tower),
    "Did you just punched Cathulu?" (resolve problem with other dimension being in Empire undercity),
    "MEDIC!" (get some reliable root source/research alternative healing supplies),
    "Full Collection" (cross patch with rest members of dark lords/avatara)
    "First league" (find what happened to Mazzarin)
    "Wanderer spirit" (find out what happened with Faceless)
    "Teamwork" (get more talented people)

Personal quests -
    "From heart to mind" (help Thais deal with Shiver memories)
    "Drink to the fallen" (visit Tyrvard resting place)
    "I would apreciate good book right about now" (meet Ithapi)
    "Time for a lesson" (meet Amena your apprentice)

"Uncle Owen? Aunt Beru?" (learn your backstory)
    "Track record"/"The short end of stick" (find Trakk)
    "Its a long story" (find a way to make Lyssa accepted)
    "New world order"/"Spring cleaning" (break circle or light and dark)

Empire quests -
    "Lost anniversary" (meet up with your first party),
    "Home sweet home" (get back to fetch tower),
    "Any problems?" (find out what happened when you was away),
    "Best-seller" (check on those magic books you have),
    "Call me Richie." (establish your own bank)

Probably there are more. Those are all i was able to recall. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Absinthe Prophet

Absinthe
    Our future plans concerning Nanshe are probably just going with the flow and maybe trying to get an unofficial truce between Dwarves and ghols going. An actual truce or peace treaty isn't likely to happen, given the history of racial tension, but the two sides can be persuaded to stage less raids, switch to more defensive fortifications, and rotate out the hotheads at the border to keep the hostilities down and start minding their own business instead.

^ Top  
  18. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    You have no idea what was done to them or whether it can be reversed. Also, no real idea how to go about creating a 'cure'/treatment without abducting them and putting them to some tests.

RE: Peace in the South

Well, if all else fails and the ladies are willing to admit that they can not prevent a war you could always turn to the one man that can solve any problem. Mazzarin does owe you a favour after all...

Just expect him to be supremely smug about it if you do ask for help.

In Other Words (open)
    You will have to be all like this -----> :negative:

And he will show up and be all like this --------> :smug:

The update is slowly working its way to completion in my more lucid moments but no estimate yet.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    It is pretty hard to kill each other in a dream. We have the tools to make it happen. I just really don't think we should.

Oh, no, he would have no problem with ghols and undead killing each other. What he would care about is the change in ghol politics that have united the previously scattered and bickering clans behind a single figure. This is a tangible threat to the kingdom, and since we have had a hand in orchestrating this outcome (and may have no intention to put an end to this), that would be pretty difficult for him to accept.

Not just undead, the ghols have thrown their support behind Balor to drive the dwarves from their lands, and settled there themselves. They even went as far as to bring Crom Cruach to the former dwarven capital (and paid for it). I'd say they are very even on their shit list.

Yeah, and I think it would serve as a good excuse to halt the hostilities at first - assuming we want to entangle ourselves in this mess and try to get both sides to survive.

Well, the ghols have supported the Dark 3 times in the last 100 years. They did it before, too. As far as the world is concerned, they are in the wrong, so it makes them bad guys. By allying with the ones out to destroy the world, they have 'earned' everything the dwarves do to them, and more. No one mourns the undead, no one mourns the myrkridia. Those are monsters, and they are treated as such.

We have seen they do not necessarily need to be the bad guys given certain conditions and a proper leader, not that they aren't. Which makes our dilemma all the harder. It is a huge risk to try and get them out of this loop, and a risk for no certain benefit, to boot.

They have compromised themselves enough for a total genocide to seem like a viable solution. Nanshe is literally their last chance to make something else out of themselves.

Nah, taking Albrecht's side is what would be normally expected of us. It would be easier, too. Just get Nanshe killed, the dwarves will be able to manage the clans one by one.

Yes, this is what I call a 'major' payoff. It is not impossible to imagine precisely because it has happened before. He got into one such debt once (for an appropriate profit, I would assume), he might do this again.

We should not overestimate our importance when we are talking the affairs of demons and gods. I bet more on his given word than on our 'good terms'.

The ghols are warmongers. They need someone to fight and prove themselves against, war is their business. We might want to offer them another enemy to keep them busy.

The only solution Mazzarin can come up with is an orbital bombardment. The man just does not know subtlety.

Not that it is not a good solution, of course. :smug:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    ^ Top  
  20. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    By the way. Mouses and rats are these childrens in our Tower?

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    No, there are two mage towers, one in a dungeon under Muirthemne (that's where the kids from Red and Silver orders are), and one in our fort Blackrock near Myrgard.

The mice are in our fort. They are these guys:
    Show Spoiler
    Blackrock Fort, Rodent Factions:
    Inner Clans:
    The Soft Paws: neutral (+10)
    The Long Tails: neutral (+10)
    The Blind Brothers: warm (+25)
    The Three Families: neutral (+10)
    The Observers: warm (+35)
    The Clan of the Coin: neutral (+15)

Outer Clans:
    The Ratguard: warm (+35)
    The Clan of the Shell: neutral (+15)
    The Clan of the Seed: neutral (+15)
    The Ninety Nine Thieves: neutral (+15)
    The Greys: neutral (+15)

^ Top  
  22. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    But what are they doing inside od it. They are under our control? And another important questions - how many of dark Lords we already meet, who is Mazzarin (and Trakk) and what we will do with people that was in our first party? Sorry about so many questions.

^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    What do rodents normally do in any old fort? They are living there, were living before we came, and will likely continue to do so after we leave unless we breed some kind of fireball-slinging cats. :lol:

They are not under our control per se, but we have an understanding with them, and we have employed their services before for warfare (they helped us take out Gullveig and thus lift the siege off Blackrock), exploration (they were the ones who found our lost friends in the tunnel complex under the mountain, as well as a secret prison with Nephila) and intelligence (they helped us discover a spying maid). Since they were quite helpful, we have in turn become protective of them, and have plans to develop our partnership with them further, particularly with the mages and the noble warrior clan of Ratguard (incidentally, those are the only named mice Lyssa has with her).

Three, to our knowledge:
    - The Faceless Man*.
    - Shiver/Culwyeh (in Nine's mind)
    - The Voiceless One/Ravanna (in Nine's mind)

You could also say that we have 'met' the Watcher, though we have never actually seen him in person, as it would be suicide.

As for the rest of them:
    - Soulblighter/Damas is dead following the events of the 2nd war.
    - The Deceiver/Myrdred is presumed dead after being killed by 'fake Shiver', though I highly doubt that's really the case. For what it's worth, her fake is dead too, hopefully for real this time.
    - The Lurker/Bhail, also called 'the twice born daughter of flood and famine', and the Bonesplitter were mentioned, but nothing is known about them.

I don't know if Balor/Connacht counts as a Falled Lord or not, but he is also dead.

Mazzarin is the (former?) Hero of the Light, and the greatest mage of all time. Presumed to be killed by the Watcher a few thousands of years ago. You can read more about famous people in the setting here:
    Preparations 1 (Great Figures and Artefacts)

Trakk is a dwarf that served in the military and later became a mercenary. We have sought refuge with him after our fiasco in the Melete's workshop. The Eberhardts got almost his whole family killed to get to us, forcing him to betray us. He ended up in exile, and he has sworn to take revenge on us for involving him in this mess. Nasty bit of business, that.

What we will do with our Circle largely depends on what all these people would want to do after we meet up with them. The reunion was scheduled in a year after we have parted ways. So far, only three months have passed.

*That reminds me.

Fangshi, was the Faceless man already Faceless by the time he met with the demons? Do they know if he has a name other than the one he got as a Fallen Lord?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    ^ Top  
  24. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    So Maz was that faggot who treat Lyssa like shit? And by the way... I was suprised about that our rats are... more or less... just rats.

^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Yeah, as far as the ladies are concerned, that describes him nicely. :lol:

Well, the apprentice mice can understand human speech and cast. That counts for something. :)

They are closer to sentient species than most other animals, our eagles included. Essentially, this:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.