Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Well that ended badly, we lost almost all dwarves and one of our friends, probably with all of our healing supplies. For fuck sake we are not a negotiator. Voting for B because it seems like the quickest way we can help. Then we can concentrate on others. And oh yeah, let's let the sorcerers in our our head, no way is that going to end with her possessing us permanently. Yeah, right.

^ Top  
  2. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    What is the stat that determines shot accuracy, Fangshi? DEX?

^ Top  
  3. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Yes. It is modified by archery skill and eyesight quality as well as other things though and there are also spells that can help with it but at its core it is DEX based.

The same goes for spells that are projectile based like firebolt or magical zap. The exceptions are spells like create fire which are based on a location and created at that location. In those cases WIS and INT are much more important as are general or specific spell abilities.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Glad I didn't vote for the foolish "Let's talk to the mysterious mage" diplomacy option in the last choice. :roll:

Really. Diplomacy with a cha2 character? Tsk.

Well, for this choice, I really don't give a fuck about the dwarves. B

^ Top  
  5. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    We have 5 Dex. That might not be enough to succeed with the satchel. Oh well, if we miss it's not like we're going to critical failure and hit ourselves in the face or something, right.

Though I'm tempted to vote E so we can end this and go after Serpent. Sorry Serpent, we failed you. :negative:

^ Top  
  6. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Well, we will be using create fire, so wisdom and intelligence will be more important than dexterity. And we are kind of ok with those, though not great.

^ Top  
  7. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I don't see why this is so bad. We picked her up, now would be the time for her to make herself useful. It's all fair.

Never liked dorfs anyway.

E. Two heads are better than one. Let's go rescue Serpent after we are done here.

^ Top  
  8. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    All right then. E

^ Top  
  9. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Oh, so you are trying to mess up Derryth? Carry on then.

^ Top  
  10. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    I am going for a certain character build. Storyfag would approve.

Also, mind-raping that sorry-ass wizard who stole Serpent sounds like a good start for an aspiring black arts magician. I don't think anyone would object to that.

^ Top  
  11. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Current Tally:

A)
    B) 4 (5) votes
    C) 3 votes
    D) 1 vote
    E) 4 votes

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Indeed, a dead one. After all, once she possesses us, the mad evil witch will willingly let us back in the driving seat and return to being just a head. And she would not just laugh and run away in our body, no chance of that happening.

^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Sorry, we can't be dead. We are her limbs, so it is in her best interests to take care of our well-being.

Why so much hate for a poor little sorceress down on her luck? 'Mad evil witch'? You don't even know her! All that unprovoked slander from you just makes me sad. :(

Besides, she does not like Miosguinn. I do not like Miosguinn. See, we have much in common!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    You are right of course. Our body won't be dead, it's just that we will no longer be in control of it. Possibly permanently - so, effectively new character time just the same.

As for the "mad evil witch", well she is a witch (no insult intended, she is a female spellcaster), I don't think there is any doubt about the mad part, and as for evil... well let's just say that the odds are good. But even ignoring the evil part, you wish to give control over to a quite, quite mad person that was stuck as a disembodied head for who knows how long. Why wouldn't she just laugh at us and pull a grand theft body right here and now? Because of her great loyalty and friendship with us that lasted for what, a whole hour?

^ Top  
  15. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Bizarre and weird options always tempt me, not for the lulz mind you, after all it's why games are interesting.
    In this case I will restrain myself and vote B) tho.

^ Top  
  16. Boxer Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Boxer
    ohman i just realized what i am reading...
    the superfriends
    [​IMG]
    votan D

^ Top  
  17. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Come on whats worst that could happened? Its not like Nine will take Derryth body, locking her mind inside former severed head of hers.

^ Top  
  18. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    We have a high willpower, we're not going to get taken over that easily. Now, if we had WIS 2, on the other hand...

^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    The last decision Derryth made didn't look like one made by a character with high wisdom. :roll:

Really, go speak with the odd-one out instead of aiding your friends in battle? Yep. That was never going to bite us in the arse. :smug:

^ Top  
  20. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, what could happen is that Nine will blame Miosguinn (who is conveniently absent from the group) for selling them out, murder him in cold blood, and with no Serpent around, there will be no witnesses to the strange severed head ever existing. Then she will lead her willing slaves to their doom friends to victory.

Fine by me, I say.

^ Top  
  21. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I'm very upset about C. We would have been better off on net hiding from the battle.

Anyway, Tyvard needs help. We've screwed up enough.

C

^ Top  
  22. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    Actually, if we could enslave her, I think our growing harem could use a real bitch for diversity's sake.

Speaking of mind rape, we should keep an eye on Nine. Just because we're (hopefully) not stupid enough to let her inside our head doesn't mean she can't find someone else to possess amongst our companions.

^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Come to think of it, Miosguinn's behavior is rather strange. And the fact that the they were attacked by a bunch of giant spiders back in the library should be brought up again, given the recent development:
    So the spiders attacked while Amena watched him, and she isn't sure what happened, but she thinks he chased them off... or did he? Could it be that Miosguinn is one of the cultists?

Now let's try and remember how we came to adventuring together:
    If he is one of them, that would explain his interest as well as the hatred of his apprentice, given the attitude the cultists have for the ones who try and get the artefacts of the Smiths for themselves.

Ah, well. No point in dwelling on that now.

If you want a real plan on how to proceed from here, how about this one? You finish the battle, either by helping Thais (I don't like the perspective of her being one-shotted) or Tyrvard (killing the leadership might be best, but I am hesitant to lose more people). Then you treat Amena and Ithapi. Then you try and find Miosguinn, Isolde, Garreth and Brigit (now where the hell are they?). Then you get Nine to help you track down the cultists that took Serpent. They have to be somewhere nearby, and if there are mages among them, Nine might be able to feel their presence. If she tries anything, threaten to gag her and to throw her in the deepest hole you can find. If Miosguinn is not actually the one who got you into this mess, have him cover your whole group. Have Nine give him pointers if needed. Tell her that if you are spotted, Tyrvard will take his time to bash her skull first. Then try to locate the mage, give Tyrvard the stones, all five of them (take the one from Miosguinn if needed), and send him after her. If the stones work like they are supposed to, the mage will be powerless. Kill her, grab Serpent, and get the hell out of there on the double.

I think it is too early to write one of our teammates off.

^ Top  
  24. Sunnmøring Novice

Sunnmøring
    Let's go with E! There are worse things than being possessed by a severed head of unspeakable magical power.

^ Top  
  25. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Current Tally:
    Jester E>B
    Erebus C>B
    tuluse B
    Baltika9 C
    Zero Credibility B
    Azira B
    Nevill E
    Anabanana E
    Kz3r0 B
    Boxer D
    Smashing Axe C
    Sunnmøring E
    Grimgravy C>B

A)
    B) 4 (7) votes
    C) 4 votes
    D) 1 vote
    E) 4 votes

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.