Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Well that ended badly, we lost almost all dwarves and one of our friends, probably with all of our healing supplies. For fuck sake we are not a negotiator. Voting for B because it seems like the quickest way we can help. Then we can concentrate on others. And oh yeah, let's let the sorcerers in our our head, no way is that going to end with her possessing us permanently. Yeah, right.

Fangshi

Arcane
Anabanana said:
What is the stat that determines shot accuracy, Fangshi? DEX?

Yes. It is modified by archery skill and eyesight quality as well as other things though and there are also spells that can help with it but at its core it is DEX based.

The same goes for spells that are projectile based like firebolt or magical zap. The exceptions are spells like create fire which are based on a location and created at that location. In those cases WIS and INT are much more important as are general or specific spell abilities.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Glad I didn't vote for the foolish "Let's talk to the mysterious mage" diplomacy option in the last choice. :roll:

Really. Diplomacy with a cha2 character? Tsk.

Well, for this choice, I really don't give a fuck about the dwarves. B

Anabanana

Augur
We have 5 Dex. That might not be enough to succeed with the satchel. Oh well, if we miss it's not like we're going to critical failure and hit ourselves in the face or something, right.

Though I'm tempted to vote E so we can end this and go after Serpent. Sorry Serpent, we failed you. :negative:

Well, we will be using create fire, so wisdom and intelligence will be more important than dexterity. And we are kind of ok with those, though not great.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zero Credibility said:
And oh yeah, let's let the sorcerers in our our head, no way is that going to end with her possessing us permanently.
I don't see why this is so bad. We picked her up, now would be the time for her to make herself useful. It's all fair.

Never liked dorfs anyway.

E. Two heads are better than one. Let's go rescue Serpent after we are done here.

Zero Credibility said:
And oh yeah, let's let the sorcerers in our our head, no way is that going to end with her possessing us permanently.
I don't see why this is so bad. We picked her up, now would be the time for her to make herself useful. It's all fair.

Never liked dorfs anyway.

E. Two heads are better than one. Let's go rescue Serpent after we are done here.
Oh, so you are trying to mess up Derryth? Carry on then.

Nevill

Arcane
I am going for a certain character build. Storyfag would approve.

Also, mind-raping that sorry-ass wizard who stole Serpent sounds like a good start for an aspiring black arts magician. I don't think anyone would object to that.

Fangshi

Arcane
Current Tally:

A)
B) 4 (5) votes
C) 3 votes
D) 1 vote
E) 4 votes

Last edited:
I am going for a certain character build.
Indeed, a dead one. After all, once she possesses us, the mad evil witch will willingly let us back in the driving seat and return to being just a head. And she would not just laugh and run away in our body, no chance of that happening.

Nevill

Arcane
Indeed, a dead one.
Sorry, we can't be dead. We are her limbs, so it is in her best interests to take care of our well-being.

Why so much hate for a poor little sorceress down on her luck? 'Mad evil witch'? You don't even know her! All that unprovoked slander from you just makes me sad. :(

Besides, she does not like Miosguinn. I do not like Miosguinn. See, we have much in common!

You are right of course. Our body won't be dead, it's just that we will no longer be in control of it. Possibly permanently - so, effectively new character time just the same.

As for the "mad evil witch", well she is a witch (no insult intended, she is a female spellcaster), I don't think there is any doubt about the mad part, and as for evil... well let's just say that the odds are good. But even ignoring the evil part, you wish to give control over to a quite, quite mad person that was stuck as a disembodied head for who knows how long. Why wouldn't she just laugh at us and pull a grand theft body right here and now? Because of her great loyalty and friendship with us that lasted for what, a whole hour?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Glad I didn't vote for the foolish "Let's talk to the mysterious mage" diplomacy option in the last choice. :roll:

Really. Diplomacy with a cha2 character? Tsk.

Bizarre and weird options always tempt me, not for the lulz mind you, after all it's why games are interesting.
In this case I will restrain myself and vote B) tho.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
ohman i just realized what i am reading...
the superfriends
OVb9gZd.png

votan D

Jester

Arbiter
C ; Better late than never.

Nine is useful, but letting her inside our head feels about as sensible as accepting a magical ring from the hand of Sauron. Let's save it for a time when we're truly desperate.
Come on whats worst that could happened? Its not like Nine will take Derryth body, locking her mind inside former severed head of hers.

Anabanana

Augur
We have a high willpower, we're not going to get taken over that easily. Now, if we had WIS 2, on the other hand...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The last decision Derryth made didn't look like one made by a character with high wisdom. :roll:

Really, go speak with the odd-one out instead of aiding your friends in battle? Yep. That was never going to bite us in the arse. :smug:

Nevill

Arcane
Come on whats worst that could happened? Its not like Nine will take Derryth body, locking her mind inside former severed head of hers.
Well, what could happen is that Nine will blame Miosguinn (who is conveniently absent from the group) for selling them out, murder him in cold blood, and with no Serpent around, there will be no witnesses to the strange severed head ever existing. Then she will lead her willing slaves to their doom friends to victory.

Fine by me, I say.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm very upset about C. We would have been better off on net hiding from the battle.

Anyway, Tyvard needs help. We've screwed up enough.

C

Erebus

Arcane
Also, mind-raping that sorry-ass wizard who stole Serpent sounds like a good start for an aspiring black arts magician. I don't think anyone would object to that.

Actually, if we could enslave her, I think our growing harem could use a real bitch for diversity's sake.

Speaking of mind rape, we should keep an eye on Nine. Just because we're (hopefully) not stupid enough to let her inside our head doesn't mean she can't find someone else to possess amongst our companions.

Nevill

Arcane
Come to think of it, Miosguinn's behavior is rather strange. And the fact that the they were attacked by a bunch of giant spiders back in the library should be brought up again, given the recent development:
Amena frowns, "I... we were in the stacks and he saw a tome he wanted... he grabbed it... it was black and had some sort of image on it but..." it is clear that she is not upset but rather is having trouble remembering what she saw or perhaps she simply does not wish to tell you.

She shakes her head and gives you a worried smile, "Sorry Derryth, I do not know. He grabbed a book and put it in his pack and while I was watching him we were attacked by a bunch of spiders. I should have been paying closer attention. He fought... yes he fought them off and then Ithapi arrived and brought me to Sir Gareth and the rest you know. If it had not been for Miosguinn I would probably be dead," she shudders.
So the spiders attacked while Amena watched him, and she isn't sure what happened, but she thinks he chased them off... or did he? Could it be that Miosguinn is one of the cultists?

Now let's try and remember how we came to adventuring together:
It seems you will not be able to meet with the Circle today, many of its members are out of the city but Miosguinn himself is quite interested in your proposal. It seems that the Smiths of Muirthemne are a topic near and dear to his heart and he agrees to accompany you with his apprentice Isolde. You assume that the bookish girl popping in and out of the room and giving you dirty glances must be her.
If he is one of them, that would explain his interest as well as the hatred of his apprentice, given the attitude the cultists have for the ones who try and get the artefacts of the Smiths for themselves.

Ah, well. No point in dwelling on that now.

If you want a real plan on how to proceed from here, how about this one? You finish the battle, either by helping Thais (I don't like the perspective of her being one-shotted) or Tyrvard (killing the leadership might be best, but I am hesitant to lose more people). Then you treat Amena and Ithapi. Then you try and find Miosguinn, Isolde, Garreth and Brigit (now where the hell are they?). Then you get Nine to help you track down the cultists that took Serpent. They have to be somewhere nearby, and if there are mages among them, Nine might be able to feel their presence. If she tries anything, threaten to gag her and to throw her in the deepest hole you can find. If Miosguinn is not actually the one who got you into this mess, have him cover your whole group. Have Nine give him pointers if needed. Tell her that if you are spotted, Tyrvard will take his time to bash her skull first. Then try to locate the mage, give Tyrvard the stones, all five of them (take the one from Miosguinn if needed), and send him after her. If the stones work like they are supposed to, the mage will be powerless. Kill her, grab Serpent, and get the hell out of there on the double.

I think it is too early to write one of our teammates off.

Last edited:

Sunnmøring

Novice
Let's go with E! There are worse things than being possessed by a severed head of unspeakable magical power.

Fangshi

Arcane
Current Tally:
Jester E>B
Erebus C>B
tuluse B
Baltika9 C
Zero Credibility B
Azira B
Nevill E
Anabanana E
Kz3r0 B
Boxer D
Smashing Axe C
Sunnmøring E
Grimgravy C>B

A)
B) 4 (7) votes
C) 4 votes
D) 1 vote
E) 4 votes

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom