Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Fangshi

Arcane
Anabanana said:
Well, can we leave the ones who are eating alone, and just sneak up on/backstab the eight who are ramming the door?

Presumably you want to take the wagon and horse with you so it would be difficult to sneak through with it. If you abandon it you could try but you do have wounded as well.

Baltika9 said:
Can we gauge how open thee things are to our mental spells? They seem to be pretty simple, but then again, appearances can be deceiving/

Only way to know is to attack one. If it works you could probably knock it out before the others noticed. If it fails then it will call out for help.

Anabanana

Augur
I'm just wondering if the eight spiders will break down the inner door while we're securing the outer one. It might be better to regroup with the survivors first before doing anything else.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In regards to the current choice, I think it'd be advantageous to split the enemy in half temporarily by closing the front door, which will then let us focus on exterminating the remaining opponents in the room.
I don't see us getting out of there if we don't.

We could try to overpower the enemy with the help of the remnants of the Reds, but since they are hiding in the Chapel, it is probably too much to expect them to be reinforcements that could turn the tide of the battle.

We'll have to find another way out of the building.

I'm just wondering if the eight spiders will break down the inner door while we're securing the outer one
You think they will not turn their attention to a bigger threat?
They think the battle is over. More than half of them are eating and celebrating right now.

Fangshi

Arcane
Anabanana said:
I'm just wondering if the eight spiders will break down the inner door while we're securing the outer one.

It is a possibility yes but you did not get a clear enough look at the door to know how worn down it is (and how much time you have) and Derryth is no engineer.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm just wondering if the eight spiders will break down the inner door while we're securing the outer one. It might be better to regroup with the survivors first before doing anything else.
Not an issue, since failure to close the front door means that they're going to have an awful lot of reinforcements trying to break down the inner door regardless.

Spider diplomacy!

Yeah, right.

Ok, we need to fight those already in the room, but more are waiting outside. So we need to stop those from getting in to prevent them from flanking us while we are waiting for the inner doors to open. We will have the same number of enemies to fight either way. If the people inside are paying attention they will sally out to help us. If. As for tactics, squishy mages go range, fighters protect them from melee, don't try to conserve ammo for a rainy day. A bomb thrown against those clustered at the inner doors would do nicely for a start. And yes, arm everyone, at least that way the prisoners can look out for themselves and we can put their guards in the fight as well.

I > C, A

edit: updated my vote

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
We will have the same number of enemies to fight either way. If the people inside are paying attention they will sally out to help us. If. As for the tactics, squishy mages go range, fighters protect them from melee, don't try to conserve ammo for a rainy day.
It is hard not to pay attention when the siege is suddenly lifted, and since two of their girls will be with us, chances are, they will help.

As for conserving ammo... we have to get out of here somehow, too. That will be our rainy day.

E>C A

Anabanana

Augur
About the people who are inside, could we possibly tell the girls to be like "AAAAY GET YA ASS OUT HERE DADDY WE KINDA NEED YOUR HELP HERE".

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
About the people who are inside, could we possibly tell the girls to be like "AAAAY GET YA ASS OUT HERE DADDY WE KINDA NEED YOUR HELP HERE".
The girls do that while we're fighting, the gates open, they're promptly snatched and the gates are closed back on us :(

I think explosions and sounds of battle would alert them. Whether they are in any condition to actually help and how long it would take them to mount an assault is another thing.

Fangshi

Arcane
Anabanana said:

Sure, but no guarantee that they would open up.

Smashing Axe said:
The girls do that while we're fighting, the gates open, they're promptly snatched and the gates are closed back on us

Ohhh, that's a good one. Hold on just have to change something... :lol:

Smashing Axe said:
The girls do that while we're fighting, the gates open, they're promptly snatched and the gates are closed back on us

Ohhh, that's a good one. Hold on just have to change something... :lol:
Yeah, it doesn't seem like a likely scenario if they know what's good for them. Right now they don't stand a chance against those outside and it really is in their interest to find allies. Of course, if they are not thinking clearly at this point and have started panicking instead...

If we take on the outer doors first, then I assume the prisoners will be with us with most of the enemy forces between them and their rescuers. So even if they do that they would still help us take them out anyway.

Also, I assume that if we close the outer doors the attackers can't just use the same passage we came from? Is there a way to close that one as well when we clear them out or something?

Nevill

Arcane
Also, I assume that if we close the outer doors the attackers can't just use the same passage we came from? Is there a way to close that one as well when we clear them out or something?
Not sure what you are referring to.

There are probably multiple passages leading to and out of this place.

Fangshi

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:

They would have to go back down into the lower tunnels and climb back up through the lower floors, it is possible but would take time.

You could collapse the access to the lower levels but then you would have no way out except through the front door.

Nevill

Arcane
Wait, just how deep we need to go for this crawl? Where is the stone located?

I thought it was somewhere around here.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Wait, just how deep we need to go for this crawl? Where is the stone located?

I thought it was somewhere around here.

The last known resting place of the stone was in one of the secondary vaults. It would take you a day or two to get there from the offices, you are really close. Provided the stone is there of course...

Do you want to know how big the dungeon is in total?

Well you have explored about 1/4 of this level and there are two full cities beneath this one going all the way back to the ancient village the city was founded on.

But don't worry I am sure the stone is in the vault and you will not have to explore everything... :troll:

From what I understand, Zero Credibility is asking about the lower tunnels you used to get from the Dwarven Quarter to the offices. There may be other paths down to those tunnels which would let the Blues come in through the same way Derryth did. It is a possibility but it would take them hours to get down there and back up so it is not an immediate concern.

Yeah, that's what I was asking. What would be the point in closing the front doors if they could just head around the corner and come behind us. But if we are in a separate tunnel and it would take them hours to get through there we're still good. By that time either we or they will be gone or we would have barricaded that exit as well.

One think I can't quite grasp about this setting. We are in an underground city? Did people live in underground cities before or was the city buried somehow or what?

Fangshi

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
One think I can't quite grasp about this setting. We are in an underground city? Did people live in underground cities before or was the city buried somehow or what?

Yes, more or less.

Muirthemne has been a human city/village/hamlet for probably six to nine thousand years at least (and even in ruin it is by far the largest city in the world). During this time different incarnations of the city have been sacked and buried by mundane and magical means. Only three of the "old" cities are "intact" but parts of the other cities can also be found here and there.

This is the cradle of human civilization so to speak and there are all sorts of things lost from distant ages down there both good and bad.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Mental compulsion spells, to make the spider people think eachother are reds/silvers, make them attack eachother. Press this full on, while staying back.

Jester

Arbiter
1E time to check how good those creatures are
2A more meat to grinder

Kz3r0

Arcane
Mental compulsion spells, to make the spider people think eachother are reds/silvers, make them attack eachother. Press this full on, while staying back.
This, then CA.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi, do group castings have a better/stronger effect than single ones?
Say, does a mass suggestion by 4 people has a better chance to work than many separate suggestions to single targets by different mages?

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Azira said:

That is the basic principle behind the two "Ranged" options (and to a lesser degree the two "Balanced" options) so Derryth believes it could work.

Nevill said:
Fangshi, do group castings have a better/stronger effect than single ones?

Yes, for example in the last update when Brigit and Amena both cast compulsion together they were able to completely overwhelm Thaïs' defenses.

Say, does a mass suggestion by 4 people have a better chance to work than many separate suggestions to single targets by different mages?

It would if you all had the spell mastered, but the rest of your Circle does not know mass suggestion. They could supply you with extra power to increase the effect of the spell but it would be completely reliant on Derryth to pull off. As it currently stands right now given the spells available to you and your companions you would probably be best off to cast a lot of individual spells rather than one big one that tries to cover the whole room. The individual spells would be more likely to succeed at this point and the cost of failure would be much lower.

Current Tally:
Anabanana 1D 2A
tuluse 1B 2A
Smashing Axe 1E>C>G 2A
Zero Credibility 1C 2A
Nevill 1E>C 2A
Jester 1E 2A
Kz3r0 1C 2A
Azira 1E>C 2A
Grimgravy 1E>C 2A
Erebus 1H 2A

A)
B) 1 vote
C) 2 (6) votes
D) 1 vote
E) 5 votes
F)
G)
H) 1 vote
I)

A) 10 votes
B)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom