Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

  1. Erebus Arcane

    Erebus
    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2008
    Messages:
    4,062
    In the next episode of Derryth the Treasure Hunter :


    Derryth : Whew, I think that was all of them. I need a shower and slightly more than a kilolitre of booze.

    Casgair : What a glorious fight, my noble friend ! Your team did a good job wiping out 89.5 % of our Blue enemies by themselves !

    Derryth : I... live to serve. Apparently.

    Casgair : As a reward, I'll let my two daughters join you as guides !

    Derryth : Well, I'm always in favor of expanding my lesbian harem, but in this case, it'd make me feel a bit like a pedophile.

    Casgair : As the only male adult left to repopulate the Red Order, I'm afraid I don't understand your problem.

    Derryth : ...I'm going to pretend I didn't understand what you just said.

    Casgair : I meant that I'm going t...

    Derryth : Anyway ! Since your warriors attacked us, wounding several of my teammates and killing several dwarves, and since we've nevertheless just saved you from total annihilation, how about you let Jori have his silly maul and reward me with a relic of my chosing ?

    Casgair : Ho ho ho ! You're such a kidder, Derryth !

    Derryth : I am ?

    Casgair : Yes. Anyway, we don't have the relics anymore. The two kids I left guarding them have just been found with ninety-six stab wounds in the back between the two of them.

    Derryth : Oh. Any suspect ?

    Casgair : Well, since all the members of the Silver Order mysteriously vanished during the fight, I have to suspect that they lied when they told me they would never ever betray us if only we gave them our total blind trust. Now, somebody's going to have to infiltrate their mysterious fortress, full of magical traps and guardians.

    Derryth : I get your drift...

    Casgair : I certainly hope so, because I'm not letting my daughters join your team until you've brought back to me every single one of those relics.

    Derryth : If I may ask, are your daughters actually good guides ?

    Casgair : Of course ! With them guiding you, you won't encounter any trouble until the next time you enter a dangerous zone !

    Derryth : Well, that's all that can be expected. On a different subject and out of curiosity, what's the reason for the split between your three orders ?

    Casgair : Oh, it came from a rather silly theological debate about the proper use of spider venom. The Blue Order only used it to transform people into the monsters you've just fought. The Silver Order uses it in their terrible magical rituals. I'd tell you about those, but you'll see what they can accomplish more clearly by yourself.

    Derryth : And what about your Order ?

    Casgair : We use it to get rid of gullible tools once they've outlived their usefulness.

    Derryth : ...I guess that makes sense. So, where's the secret fortress of the Silver Order ?
     
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Well damn, I can't top that... just add a few options and I will take the weekend off... :lol:
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Boxer Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

    Boxer
    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2013
    Messages:
    132
    Man, I wanted to make that joke but forgot... ((( Mutant spiders. Ancestor tree collapse disorder. Wincest...
    Srsly, what kind of retard lives voluntarily underground...?
     
    ^ Top  
  4. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,264
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    C
    C>A
    Bii
    B
     
    ^ Top  
  5. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    So it looks like we have a tie for option 2 between C and A. I will close the polls when it is broken. The update will either be today some time (if the tie is broken in the next couple hours) or Monday.
     
    ^ Top  
  6. Boxer Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

    Boxer
    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2013
    Messages:
    132
    A
    [​IMG]
     
    ^ Top  
  7. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Final Tally:
    Kz3r0 1c 2a 3biv 4a
    Anabanana 1c 2c 3biv 4-
    Nevill 1c 2a 3biv 4a
    Zero Credibility 1c 2a 3biv
    Azira 1c 2a 3biv
    Smashing Axe 1c 2a 3bii>3biv 4a
    Baltika9 1c 2c 3bi 4a
    tuluse 1c 2c 3biv 4a
    Jester 1c 2c 3av
    Boxer 1b 2a 3ai 4a
    Grimgravy 1c 2c>a 3bii 4b


    1.
    A)
    B) 1 vote
    C) 10 votes

    Alright you will stay and be a hero! protect the children! add to your harem?, make use of the Orders and a good defensive position to destroy an enemy that could be a future threat... yeah that is believable...

    2.
    A) 7 votes
    B)
    C) 4 votes
    D)

    To hell with prep time, you will slam on that awesome button and fire the mortar.

    3.
    A)
    i. 1 vote
    ii.
    iii.
    iv.
    v. 1 vote
    B)
    i. 1 vote
    ii. 1 vote
    iii.
    iv. 7 votes

    You will hold nothing back, hopefully you run out of enemies before you run out of ammo...

    4.
    A) 6 votes
    B) 1 vote

    And you get rid of the ring, gone forever are its cool and mysterious powers...

    Anyway, update will be out in 8-10 hours probably.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Jester Arbiter

    Jester
    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    1,493
    My reaction "God damn it, voters".
     
    ^ Top  
  9. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,264
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Nobody else was willing to hang onto the ring? Really? Wow...
     
    ^ Top  
  10. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Chapter 16: Won't Get Fooled Again

    "Are you sure this is going to work?" you whisper to the dwarves.

    "Please Derryth, we know what we are doing," Ari chastises you, "Any pathfinder worth their salt could hit those four from here, we have got this under control."

    Bari nods, "Besides, I bet not one of these cave dwellers even knows what a mortar is. They won't suspect a thing."

    Gareth moves up and down your lines, trying to get people in place for what will come next. He does not have enough time for anything clever, "As soon as they are within range, fire at will and don't stop until they are dead or broken. If they get inside we are going to take casualties... if they do get inside we will have to fall back into the chapel so be ready."

    You all nod as Bari and Ari argue in Dwarven over which round to pick. Finally Bari reaches into the second case and pulls out a bomb. He grins at you, "Willie Pete," before you can ask what he is talking about he slides the bomb into the tube, you cover your ears and the mortar fires...

    --------------------------------------------------

    The creature lay in hiding, watching, waiting for its chance to attack. The doors had closed and trapped it outside away from its prey, away from its food. Instantly it thought of betrayal. Had its companions locked it outside? Unwilling to share the warm, fresh meat that awaited inside? Rage bubbled to the surface of the creature's mind, it would find a way in! It would eat! Yet it could hear screams coming from within. The screams of its people and then silence. Questions, so many questions, forced themselves into its mind and choking back its rage it began to listen and to plan.

    Its plans however are interrupted by a loud crack and a sort of whistle as something passes through the air over its head...

    --------------------------------------------------

    Today is Abharsair's day of triumph.

    Finally the Blues would rule over the Damned and he would rule over them.

    In a few short weeks he would even have the numbers to challenge that abomination in the center of the city and in mere months after that he would drive that pretender Alric from the city above and reclaim Muirthemne for his dark goddess.

    He calls out again, "Casgair! Neith! Do you yet live!"

    The Red calls back, "You can be sure I do Abharsair! Your monsters have not killed us yet!"

    "A pity Casgair! I shall have to try harder!" Abharsair chuckles to himself.

    Combined the Red and Silver Orders can not have more than ten warriors between them. This battle is over, this war is won but of course Casgair will draw out the inevitable.

    "Casgair! If you surrender now I will make your deaths quick! If you force me to waste another day here then you-"

    No warning... no chance to prepare... no spell could save the man... he knows nothing...

    Except the heat...

    Heat and pain....

    The last things Abharsair will ever experience.

    -----------------------------------------

    You watch the command group through your spyglass, "A direct hit!" you shout.

    Cheers go up across your entire line. The four enemy mages are dead.

    Or rather three of them are. As the smoke clears you can plainly see that Abharsair and two of the robed figures have been demolished. Their smouldering remains litter the center of the enemy horde. But one of the figures yet stands, wavering slightly as if it is not even there. It raises an arm to hold back the horde but in the chaos less than a third of the Blues follow this order. The rest charge your lines.

    You are not the most organized group and you do not have time to maximize the efficiency of your efforts. What you do have though is enough ranged firepower to simply blanket the ground between you and your targets. The bombs from the mortar and the dwarven cocktails tear up the earth in front of the building. On such uneven ground even the Blues have difficulty. Slowed by their numbers and lack of coordination, your archers set to work thinning out their ranks while you and the mages work crowd control.

    You and the Lost drive them together with suggestions and compulsions while Christine and Neith slow them with spells of entanglement. As the enemy bunches up the dwarves take advantage hurling cocktails into the worst of them. Their casualties must be horrendous and yet they charge on. Barely twenty make it to the front door. If you were in a wooden structure this would still be a cause for concern but here in the offices of the Smiths, a virtual fortress, there are not nearly enough to force their way into the building.

    When they realize this they turn to flee, passing back into your range of fire. The assembled mages switch to direct damage spells and compete to see who can kill the most.

    Once again your little alliance lets out a cheer, the divisions of half an hour ago momentarily subsumed by the thrill of victory against a superior force.

    Gareth is grinning from ear to ear in relief as he comes up to you, "We did it! I was not sure it would work but we did it! I-"

    The veteran notices that you do not look happy, "What's the matter boss?"

    Handing him your spyglass you point out the window. As he surveys the battlefield his smile disappears. The single surviving mage has been joined by three others, strangely similar in build and height. They stand before a horde of over one hundred Blues.

    The four mages step forward as one and spread out, probably to avoid mortar fire. They speak together, or rather one of them speaks but you can not tell which, "Casgair! I am impressed! You actually allied with those dwarves? I did not think you were capable of such diplomacy!"

    Casgair returns to the window, "Who the hell do I have the displeasure of addressing now!"

    The mages lift their hands in unison and pull back their hoods, "You may call me Miosguinn! I think you will find that I am more reasonable than my predecessor! I will even give you a choice! Surrender and join with me or fall before me!"

    Jori yells, "Mage, what will you do with my people if we surrender!"

    Miosguinn raises one hand to his chin, "I am deeply sorry Jori but you and yours will have to join my Order as well!"

    Jori laughs, "I am afraid I would make a poor slave, mage!"

    Through the spyglass you can see Miosguinn chuckle, "I can respect that dwarf! But if you will not join then you must die! You really should have gone back with Derryth, Jori, but now it is too late for all of us! I can not risk you returning to the surface and spreading word of the Damned, we are not yet ready to fight Alric!"

    Neith hisses, "He wants to fight the Emperor? He will get us all killed if we join him."

    Casgair lets out an angry grunt and mumbles, "Servitude or death... can't say I like either of those options," he shouts back, "Miosguinn, is it? I will need time to confer with my colleagues!"

    "Oh, by all means Casgair! Take as much time as you would like! You can not escape and I am more than willing to wait!" with that the four Miosguinns turn and disappear into the crowd.

    You survey the room, "Well people what are our options here?"

    Gareth frowns, "We used up most of our ammo fighting the horde off just a moment ago..."

    Biliku steps forward, "We have maybe twenty arrows left."

    "And my bow," Bigit holds up her weapon.

    Gareth turns to the dwarves, "What about explosives?"

    Ari nods and sighs, "Right, well we are out of cocktails, we have two mortar bombs, and a dozen satchel charges."

    Tyrvard raises a hand, you can tell what he is about to say pains him, "We... we can waste... er use the alcohol from my still to make fire bombs if we can find some bottles and rags."

    You mumble, "Hmmm... a bit grim then?"

    Jori cuts in, "Then maybe we should take a look at these relics and see if any of them can be of use."

    "Look dwarf, you will not get your hands on our relics! So drop it!"

    You are about to come to Jori's aid when Christine of all people speaks up, "Lord Casgair, would it be better to lose one relic or all of them? For your people, for mine," she takes Serpent's hand, "We have to be flexible here or none of us will survive."

    "Girl, what business-"

    You interrupt, "I can't believe I am saying this but she is right. If we fight amongst ourselves we die. It is as simple as that. We need every tool we can get."

    Casgair, a little overwhelmed by your strange alliance sputters a little, "While I appreciate what you did for my daughters-"

    Biliku interrupts him now, "Father, maybe they are right. What good will the relics do us if we are all dead?"

    The Red lowers his head, "Damn it, fine. I will let you search through the relics but be careful with them!"

    You nod a couple times, "Okay, we are not completely without weapons and we do still have our magic as well... we might be able to fight back if we have to."

    Gareth shakes his head, "Miosguinn has always be fairly cautious or perhaps paranoid may be a better term. He is unlikely to attack us especially after witnessing Abharsair's failure. I think he will probably try and starve us out for a few days and then move in for the kill. Fortunately we still have supplies so we may be able to give him a bit of a surprise there."

    Neith interjects, her voice filled with suspicion, "You know this man?"

    Thaïs answers, "He was under contract with our expedition to provide magical support. Naturally we had no idea that he was involved with any of this."

    It is clear that Casgair is uncertain, "You helped my daughters, fought with us here and I can think of no reason that matters not to trust you. But are we certain he will not attack? With the numbers he has-"

    You shake your head, "Most of those Blues are probably illusions. Miosguinn is quite skilled in that field, hence the body doubles while he negotiated. He is probably masking his true numbers to intimidate us. I doubt he has more than thirty followers left."

    Neith nods in agreement, "There are definitely spells in effect over the enemy forces. But illusions on that scale would take a lot of power. Miss Derryth does he have that level of skill?"

    "No, no he doesn't. I am not sure-" you stop as Nine whispers to you from your pack. Gareth continues the conversation as you drop back a little.

    "Dear, he is not casting, I can tell. He is pulling power from somewhere else, something else."

    You whisper to her, "Something we should be concerned about?"

    "Maybe, I don't know. Whatever he is tapped into is powerful but I don't think it can directly interfere here. Just be aware that wherever his power is coming from it will grant him deep reserves..."

    You turn your attention back to the rest of the group. Gareth is speaking, "It looks like he does not know that the rest of us came with Jori. That has to give us an advantage right?"

    Brigit nods, "Maybe we could arrange for a face to face negotiation and ambush him?"

    "Why not use this opportunity to withdraw?" Neith suggests, "He does not seem to be as aggressive as Abharsair but that does not mean that he is not encircling us as we speak."

    "Not again, Neith, I will not abandon my home!" Casgair thunders.

    Gareth raises a hand to stop them both, "It is an option we should consider, but it is just that. An option. We should consider them all," he turns to you, "Well boss? What do you think?"


    1. What to do? Miosguinn seems willing to wait out the defenders and let them starve. He has given you time, even if he does not know that you (and your supply wagon) are there. The question is what to do with it.

    A) Further entrench yourself - you will build up defences and wait.


    B) Organize a retreat - now that you have reduced their numbers you try to escape

    i) Just your group - you will try to slip away while no one is watching

    ii) Anyone that can walk and fight - you leave the children and wounded

    iii) Anyone that can walk - you leave the wounded

    iv) Everyone - you take everyone with you

    v) Everyone and the Relics - you take everyone and carry away the relics as well


    C) Negotiate - You see if you and Thaïs can change Miosguinn's mind

    i) you negotiate in good faith

    ii) you try and lure Miosguinn out and murder him


    D) A Trap - Proceed as in A but then pretend to offer battle with the Damned and the dwarves. Have them retreat back into the offices, lure the Blues in and kill them all.

    E) Charge! - Proceed as in A but once preparations are complete go on the offensive. You will hit Miosguinn with everything you have in a frontal assault.

    F) freeform

    Z) Option 9 : Let the severed talking head enter your mind and hopefully give it back after she takes care of the problem.

    2. Anti-magic grenades. You think you can weaponize the Heaven Stones and turn them into dispelling grenades. This is a one way process and will destroy the stones when use. If you chose any option that takes time (A, D, E) then you have the opportunity to do so. How many do you want to create?

    A) zero

    B) one

    C) two

    D) three

    E) four
     
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Kz3r0 Arcane

    Kz3r0
    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Messages:
    24,390
    1. What to do? Miosguinn seems willing to wait out the defenders and let them starve. He has given you time, even if he does not know that you (and your supply wagon) are there. The question is what to do with it.

    B) Organize a retreat - now that you have reduced their numbers you try to escape


    v) Everyone and the Relics - you take everyone and carry away the relics as well
    Only if Casgair can be convinced, if not we leave with whomever wants to follow us and leave the relics behind.

    C) Negotiate - You see if you and Thaïs can change Miosguinn's mind

    Negotiating is worthless, and betrayal works both ways.


    D) freeform

    Can we try to cast mass compulsion with the help of Nine, our circle and the other mages present there?
    The idea is to compel the spiderfolks to eat Miosguinn, besides with all the mages around us there must be a way to attack Miosguinn if we can locate him.
     
    ^ Top  
  12. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Well if you take everything he will go with you but it is also the slowest option so keep that is mind.

    Sure, if you can draw him out you could probably force some of his followers to attack him if all seven of you worked together. You would need line of sight though and his "army" is wrapped up in illusions at the moment so finding him may be a problem. Essentially you would need some way to make him step forward.

    Also if you let Nine help, you would be giving her access to not just one mind but seven and she may get up to some mischief.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Rage would be good. Miosguinn's failure to control the battlefield cost him two thirds of his army, but with the spells he has they can work as efficiently as the whole army under Abharsair. If we could trick them into attacking again on our terms, maybe then there would only be Miosguinn left to deal with.

    I don't like the sound of what he is tapping into. Are we up against one of the Spider Goddesses?

    Why would taking the relics slow us down? We have a whole wagon.
     
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    ^ Top  
  14. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Well you need to keep enough supplies to avoid hunting, then factor in the ten injured Damned that need to fit in the wagon and the relics on top of that. It will take longer to load the wagon, it will be harder on the horse and at least some of the relics will have to be carried. Now the choice would lead to the minimum amount of arguing as you would be taking everything so everyone would be happy but it will take longer than just loading up the wounded.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kz3r0 Arcane

    Kz3r0
    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Messages:
    24,390
    I will put this just in case, anyone interested in becoming a worshipper of the spider goddess?
    I admit that I have a thing for spiders.
     
    ^ Top  
  16. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I don't think it will happen the way you imagine it.

    A lot of people have joined the ranks of Blues recently:
    It is quite easy to see where do these numbers come from.

    Can we at least find out what the relics are? Is there something that can be used in our situation? It is hard to decide blindly.
     
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    ^ Top  
  17. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Sure why not. From the perspective of Casgair though you would have to take them all or try to convince him to abandon some (which would be a check).

    They are the old tools and artefacts of the Smiths, the Damned worship them without actually understanding what they do.

    You, Gareth and the dwarves investigate and you find: hammers, an anvil, tongs, an old instruction manual, part of a statue and the like but also the Maul of the Dwarven Kings, and six old smelting torches (think of them as improvised flamthrowers), they are in poor condition but the dwarves think they should be able to get at least two of them working with some effort.

    Also there is a strange piece of black marble in the shape of a fang...
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,501
    :improvise: Duct-tape the Black Fang to the maul and send Jori on a one-man charge.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    11,060
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    The problem I see with retreating is that Miosguinn is absolutely convinced that we have to be stopped. Whatever it is he serves has plans about the surface world, and it is essential for them that the word about them does not get out to Alric. They will go out of their way to hunt us down, and these creatures are fast. If the fight is inevitable, why not stay?

    Of course, a single invisibility spell can ruin our day, and here Miosguinn could be close to the source of his power, so maybe getting away it not such a bad idea.
     
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    ^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,501
    Fangshi, what exactly is the plan in C2?
     
    ^ Top  
  21. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    You will try and get him to actually show himself. Once/if you determine where the real Miosguinn is you then gang up on him seven to one and hope for the best... umm... Brigit is not a great tactician... ;)

    Seriously though it is possible that given your fairly good relationship with the man you may be able to get an actual audience. If you announce your presence and that you wish to join him he may take the time to personally negotiate with you in an attempt to recruit you. At that point you could try to kill him using the heaven stones to shield you from his magic. Once Miosguinn drops so do his spells and the rest of your group attacks in an attempt to kill the leaderless Blues before they tear you all apart.

    It is rather high risk, but the reward may be worth it if it works...

    Or he may just do the smart thing and have you all killed/transformed...
     
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,501
    Yeah, last I checked, the Heaven Stones didb't protect against a hammer to the head.
    Yeah, C2 seems like a good chance: he trusts us and is interested enough to grant us an audience. But then again, he will most certainly not come without backup. At leadt his little apprentice, but with the caliber of our fighters it is still a much better bet than waiting in a siege or trying to out-run these mutants and their leader that knows this place better than us. Voting C2.

    Goddammit guys, this wouldn't have happened with the Warlocks.
     
    ^ Top  
  23. Absinthe Prophet

    Absinthe
    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2012
    Messages:
    3,197
    Voting A.

    I don't like B because retreating in our present condition makes us extraordinarily vulnerable while we are retreating. All it takes is one assault on our position and we will take heavy casualties. I'm sure they're not stupid enough to not watch the fortress while giving us time, so we're going to get ambushed the moment we try to make a break for it.

    I also don't like C. The ship's sailed for negotiation. Miosguinn likes us but he's not going to let us walk after we've discovered he's building up an army to overthrow the city. That's not the kind of secret he can risk getting out, and I don't think he trusts us that much, esp. when he has a better solution (kill/convert).

    Normally this is a stupid option as we are just waiting to get starved out while the enemy builds up forces around us, but right now it would let us build up our strength as we can repurpose dwarven relics as weapons, replenish our firebomb stock with the alcohol still, maybe scrounge/repair some other weapons (we have anvil and everything, I'm guessing dwarves have at least 1 smith to keep their gear in order), heal our injured, and learn more magics from Nine (illusion disrupting spells for Mioguinn and earth magic for battlefield shaping). I motion that we also set up those fancy new Warding Runes we've learned to improve our fortifications against shit like invisible assaults.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    9,501
    Fangshi, is this an option?
     
    ^ Top  
  25. Fangshi Arcane

    Fangshi
    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,997
    Well, they would work like the ones on your tower. If you wanted to secure the building you would have to set them up on the outside and naturally you would have to go outside to do that. You can if you want but it would be dangerous. Just let me know.

    You could always ward the chapel that way, it might buy you more time if it came to that but time is something Miosguinn has plenty of anyway.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.