Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting Two grenades.

I like the stones too, but we have priorities.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Put me down for one grenade. It's a good idea to keep something in reserve.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just to add an addendum, in case it isn't clear. I want to try and minimise usage of the gems

2 A>B>C>D

And before someone says we have more than enough, it's been clarified before that the gems have a cumulative effect the more you have in your mouth.

Besides, we may want to keep them all handy should Nine start getting out of control. It seems it was the only thing suppressing her reanimation.

Fangshi

Arcane
Current Tally:
Baltika9 D N 1 stone
Absinthe A 2 stones
Smashing Axe C2 no stones>1 stone>2 stones>3 stones
Grimgravy A>D either plan 1 stone
Boxer Bi
Nevill D a>N 2 stones
Erebus D
GreyViper D N 1 stone
Jester Bi 2 stones>1 stone
Kz3r0 D N
Azira C2>D>A
Zero Credibility E>B5>A>D
tuluse D N 1 stone
asxetos D a 1 stone

Pre-flop:
1. What to Do?
A) 2 votes

B)
i. 2 votes
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.

C)
i.
ii. 3 votes

D) 6 votes total

Nevill's plan. 4 votes

asxetos' plan. 2 votes

E) 1 vote

2. Antimagic Grenades:

0 stones - A) 1 vote
1 stone - B) 4 votes
2 stones - C) 3 votes
3 stones - D)
4 stones - E)

Post-flop:
1. What to Do?
A) 1 vote

B)
i. 2 votes
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.

C)
i.
ii. 2 votes

D) 10 votes total

Nevill's plan. 4 votes

asxetos' plan. 2 votes

E)

2. Antimagic Grenades:

0 stones - A)
1 stone - B) 6 votes
2 stones - C) 2 votes
3 stones - D)
4 stones - E)

So as things currently stand D is leading by a fair margin and 1 grenade is leading. I still need to know which version of D you want to go with so I will give it another 12 hrs and if it is still tied we can deal with it then.

Last edited:

GreyViper

Prophet
D for Nevill`s plan and 1 stone grande.
Also Fangshi anything we can do with the relics that they have, because right now they are an unknown factor?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, originally, all the votes were for my plan, so if no clarification is given, might as well go with it.

Still, I am voting for the one asxetos offered, because while the dwarves refused to serve Miosguinn outright, the Reds and the Silvers didn't. It would be more beliavable if the tensions sprouted between the two groups, and that may be what Miosguinn himself counted on while starting the siege. I can see how it would be more convincing to him.

Absinthe

Arcane
Fangshi, I made a plan for preparation in the event that D or E wins. Do we need to put this to a vote or shall we just go with this since it's the only plan for preparation out there?

The goal is basically to arm and restore our forces as quickly as possible (2 days of prep) then get going.

Fangshi

Arcane
Alright then you will go with D, the false battleline and you will make 1 grenade.

GreyViper said:
Also Fangshi anything we can do with the relics that they have, because right now they are an unknown factor?

Well the smelting torches can be converted into flamethrowers by the dwarves and you can probably use the tools to make some makeshift arrows and the like so there is that. The Maul of the Dwarven Kings is immediately useful and when Jori holds it the magics in it spring to life so it will help if there is any fighting.

Absinthe said:
Fangshi, I made a plan for preparation in the event that D or E wins. Do we need to put this to a vote or shall we just go with this since it's the only plan for preparation out there?

If people want I could give you a second set of choices if you want to determine exactly how you will spend the two days you have or I could just turn Gareth and Derryth loose and let them do what they think is best. Your call.

Since I said I would keep things open for at least another 12 hrs and I have no intention of starting an update in the middle of the night I will let you vote:

Vote:

A) you decide how you will prepare yourselves

i) I will provide you with options

ii) Just use Absinthe's plan

B) you let me decide how you will prepare (Derryth and Gareth will do what they think is best)

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
B

I don't want to be bogged down by discussing the technicalities. Derryth and Gareth are both competent commanders. They'll know what to do.

The preparation plan provided by Absinthe is good, but in the end it amounts to 'get everyone to do their best'.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Two days. That's the only real point of the plan. How to get our shit in order with just 2 days of prep before we all blast the fuck out of there.

I just have a feeling that without a plan we're going to be stuck preparing longer than we'd like. The goal here is still to seize some of the momentum. Not to let Miosguinn build a fat army all over again.

It goes without saying that I'm voting for my own plan, but I'll note it just for the record:
Aii

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
B

I don't mind Absinthe's plan, except for giving the Silver energon cubes.

Screw those guys.
Absolutely this, don't give them any energon cubes, let's no forget that they will try to get the relics as soon as this battle ends.

Absinthe

Arcane
Wait, can't we make that Aiii: Absinthe Plan, but don't give an Energon cube?

Voting Aii>Aiii.

Fangshi

Arcane
I would not worry too much about that. The maximum amount of time you had was two days anyway and Gareth and Derryth will do their best with the time they have.

By this point Miosguinn has achieved all he needs to, to be confident he will win so he will demand an answer. Surrender or die so to speak.

I have finished rolling now I just have to write it out so the update should be done in six-eight hours or so, sooner if I get some more free time.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
fret not and whistle fucking dixie
bVPL2YS.jpg

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
So how fucked are we?

You know nature is a wonderful and terrifying thing.

Did you know that spiders can burrow?

Or fly?

'Cause Miosguinn does... :lol:

Anyway, the update is done. I will give it one or two readings and then you can all see who is still alive how you did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom