Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Fangshi, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, that mentorship thing will work for me. Spending all our time under another master isn't preferable with all the stuff we have going on.

^ Top  
  2. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Mentorship relies on our success, and on our cooperation with this guy. Better to take something immediately advantageous and use the other two "wishes" later.

^ Top  
  3. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    If F doesn't win I am going to vote A again, D s too dangerous for my tastes.
    Unless we all agree on C.

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Fine, fine. Flopping back to C. The only reason I was voting D was to mind-meld with Thais, Mazzarin and his apprentice.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    A true devil's threesome foursome.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Fangshi, does Mazzarin know the secrets of lesbomancy?

^ Top  
  7. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Afraid not.

Nine however is a master of many fields of magic.

You need but ask, to find out. ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Okay then, consider the question asked.

^ Top  
  9. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    She is afraid she has never heard of the field. :smug:

I suppose you could try asking Thaïs while you are embarrassing yourself in front of the archmages.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Probably not. We'll just have to practice together later.

^ Top  
  11. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Right, will add as an option then.

2. Do you 'study' the lost art of Lesbomancy with Thaïs?

A) Yes!!!

B) No...

C) freeform

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Of course. 2A.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    DAFUQ? This thread have finally succumbed to the Bioware Dark.
    2A, sure.

Can we wish for "an adventure like none we've experienced before"? :bounce:

Also, I know we aren't the greatest experts, but can we/Nine/Lyssa estimate our chances to survive a mind meld, if that happens?

^ Top  
  14. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    A > C

Simply put, I don't like this situation and I agree with Nevill that it is very strange that this guy is talking through some witch in the middle of nowhere trying to get us to help him. Is he even who he says he is? And even if he is, is he even more insane than the Watcher now? The Watcher was ready to promise us everything as well. Hell, I'm not sure giving Nine her memories and letting her cast spells again is even a good idea.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    This is why I am voting to try and go in alone to decide it for ourselves. I think we can even do one, but not the other, if we really wanted to.

Regardless of who the guy is, he is acting against the Watcher, and he is powerful. I'd say that is a good incentive to consider helping him here... somewhat.

I have a feeling that turning down a powerful and desperate mage might prove just as dangerous as going through with his plan.

^ Top  
  16. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Well that is the thing. You don't survive a mind meld. You cease to exist as an individual and become an amalgamation of the memories, attitudes, etc of all parties involved. If your mind gets entangled that is it for Derryth more or less (there are a few moves you could maybe try and make but it is all very theoretical and of little use at the moment).

Now the new consciousness can express itself in a few ways. It would probably have about a 50% chance of simply falling apart and going feral, everyone dies, the end. It has a further forty percent chance of going completely insane in which case this new hivemind becomes an NPC and a new threat to the world. Finally there is maybe a 10% chance that the personalities involved integrate in such a way as to provide enough stability to continue to function (in which case you would have the option to continue on with this new creature and try to make things work) though it is difficult to say for how long such a being could exist without being killed or going completely mad.

Everyone of the assembled mages agrees, an actual fusing of your minds would be a very bad thing.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Do the chances of failure not depend on the number of minds involved? I'd assume a creature combined of two mortal minds (like ours and Thais'/Lyssa's) would have better odds of staying sane than if we melded with an unholy abomination like Nine/'Mazzarin'.

Or do you mean that if we meld, we meld with Nine's mind first, since she is the center of this Dream World?

^ Top  
  18. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    I think that all those ancient mages, heroes and villains both are better off left dead and/or forgotten. They are the reason behind the cycles of light and darkness and will continue the same thing if given a chance. Let the cycle really be broken this time, let the new generation make their own fuckups from this point.

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Zero Credibility, the only important issue in this vote is Lesbomancy with Thais: yes or no.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    Nine's mind serves as the base, so you would be rather insane to begin with. Then stack on the trauma of the 'mixing' and any tendencies towards insanity that the other minds would have and you get a fairly crazy new 'person' no matter what.

In theory though yes an fusion of two 'healthy' minds would be more stable but you would still take a fairly big SAN hit and Derryth would still cease to exist so it is not something she is even willing to contemplate.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Well that goes without saying.

^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    But that's the problem. They refuse to stay dead. The Watcher is alive enough to corrupt the minds of mortals. Shiver - or something like her - came back from the dead to fight for the Soulbligher. The Summoner have resurrected the race of Myrkridia and unleashed them on the world once again.

In this world, death is not permanent. We might as well accept this fact after encountering three immortals and one goddess on our journey.

I agree with your sentiment, but the immortals and the artefacts long forgotten have helped us win the last war. They are too indispensable to our survival to be ditched like that, because if we don't use them, the other side will eventually pick them up. It would be hard to break that vicious circle.

There is also a freeform option, two kids, and a witch. And a head. It does not have to be that simple.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Not to mention pointless and kinda wasteful. These old fogeys can be useful to us just as we can ve useful to them.
    This is a votw for 2A, hopefully.

^ Top  
  24. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Well actually, I'm hoping this LP wont go full Bioware. A little tasteful lesbianism is perfectly ok when appropriate, I'm just not sure that right this moment that is the case.

^ Top  
  25. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Fangshi, do Lyssa and 'Mazzarin' have spells, techniques, items, artefacts or tomes that would help us on our mission, should we undertake it? Something that boosts WIS, or some mantra that keeps the mind steady, anything would do. They should know that if something untoward happens they risk losing access to the information they seek.

An ancient mage should know a trick or two.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.