Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Nacon Connect 2020: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong & Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Big Bad Wolf; Cyanide Studio; Nacon; Vampire: the Masquerade - Swansong; Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

Nacon, the French publisher formerly known as Bigben Interactive, broadcast their Nacon Connect digital conference today. The very first game to appear was Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, the "narrative RPG" from The Council developer Big Bad Wolf first announced last year. In Swansong, players will assume the roles of three different vampires in the aftermath of a brutal ambush on the new Camarilla Prince of Boston, which can be seen in the game's new cinematic trailer. In the following four minute segment, Big Bad Wolf quest designer Eliott Hipeau reveals some additional details. The game will feature character creation for each of its three protagonists, allowing them to specialize in persuasion, lockpicking, hacking and other abilities. Later on during the stream, we finally got our first look at gameplay from Nacon's other World of Darkness game, Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood. It's just as popamole as I imagined it would be, but I'll include it here for the sake of completeness.

Swansong and Earthblood are both releasing next year, the latter on February 4th. The catch unfortunately is that both games appear to be Epic Games Store-exclusives. At least Spiders' latest action-RPG Steelrising isn't. Ever wanted to play as Marie Antoinette's robot bodyguard in alternate history mecha-Paris? Now you can!

jac8awol

Arbiter
I'm not always critical of new games, take for instance this one, Swansong. The narrator has that slightly foreign and extremely attractive accent. What is that, French? Reminds me of Leliana from Dragon Age.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Werewolf looks kinda fun, honestly.
Obviously as far away from an RPG as the latest DIRT, but still, could be a nice throwback to some PS2-style action games.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Music in the Werewolf trailer was better than everything else we heard so far from Wokelines 2.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Music in the Werewolf trailer was better than everything else we heard so far from Wokelines 2.
It's Alien Weaponry, Maori inspired metal. Decent stuff.

That being said, Swansong pretty much says nothing about the gameplay, and Werewolf looks like edgy new age trash, taking the shittiest possible approach to the already lousy franchise.

jac8awol

Arbiter
I remember watching an interview with one of the guys working on Werewolf ages ago and everything he said just made it sound like they were doing World of Darkness: Antifa. I said as much in the comments and someone was like "That's exactly what we need right now, anti-Trump werewolves!" Still makes me lol

Dr Schultz

Augur
I remember watching an interview with one of the guys working on Werewolf ages ago and everything he said just made it sound like they were doing World of Darkness: Antifa. I said as much in the comments and someone was like "That's exactly what we need right now, anti-Trump werewolves!" Still makes me lol

That's a WW thing. Nothing that the developers made up by themselves.

Last edited:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
In Swansong, players will assume the roles of three different vampires

230114_908223010.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom