Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nahlakh and Natuk

octavius

Arcane
Patron
For some reason there's no dedicated Nahlakh thread, so...

Nahlak seems to have been a product of an angry young nerd called Tom Proudfoot raging against the fact that CRPGs couldn't have both complex tactical combat like Wizard's Crown and the NPC interaction of Ultima IV.

I tried to play Wizard's Crown, but as much as I liked the tactical combat in principle, in practice it was impossible to keep track of which way all 30 enemies were facing, so in the end the lack of combat feedback made me abandon that game.

So how does Nahalakh compare?
Doing a search it seems the world's foremost expert on the game is SkeleTony, but like so many other oldfags in the past few years he's become inactive. The other expert is mondblut, but neither of them appears to have actually completed the game. In fact, I don't think anyone on the Codex completed this game. Even a game like Deathlords was completed by at least one Codexer, but Nahalakh seems to be unconquered so far.

So is the game extremely long, extremely hard, or extremely tedious (3 hour long fights every sixth step?), or a mix thereof?

Any hints to a proseptive novice to the game?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
SkeleTony still roams the halls of Proudfoot's forums, his last post there was two weeks ago: http://www.proudft.com/smf_forum/index.php?action=profile;u=5

I bet he would be happy to come back here and preach about the game to someone else. I'm also curious about it, thought about including at least one game among Nahlakh, Natuk and Helherron, but can't decide which, or even find someone to write about them.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I tried to play TP's games.

First issue - actually finding the damn games. I hope I backed them up somewhere safely because they were a bitch to search down.

Then I saw I had to either create 8 pretty complex characters with no formal idea of anything since it appears to be an original ruleset or use a pre-gen party and I went "shrug"

But if you get around to it then give me some tips or something and I'll finally restart and play it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

First issue - actually finding the damn games. I hope I backed them up somewhere safely because they were a bitch to search down.

Then I saw I had to either create 8 pretty complex characters with no formal idea of anything since it appears to be an original ruleset or use a pre-gen party and I went "shrug"

But if you get around to it then give me some tips or something and I'll finally restart and play it.

You can find the game at Tom Proudfoot's home page.
I also found a link to the hint book, provided by SkeleTony.
Buy yeah, creating those eight characters from scratch is a daunting task, and in my copy of the game, the pregens have stupid named.

V_K

Arcane
Last time I checked Nahlakh was free and Natuk was still shareware. I remember reading somewhere that the guy refuses to make Natuk freeware until he runs out of printed CDs with the full game.
So is the game extremely long, extremely hard, or extremely tedious (3 hour long fights every sixth step?), or a mix thereof?
From what little I've played a long time ago, it was all of the above.
But take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I'm no combatfag.

mondblut

Arcane
I tried to play Wizard's Crown, but as much as I liked the tactical combat in principle, in practice it was impossible to keep track of which way all 30 enemies were facing, so in the end the lack of combat feedback made me abandon that game.

So how does Nahalakh compare?

IIRC enemy facing is displayed on a frame surrounding their icons. A white line or smth.

Not that hard if you are good. Very long and quite tedious, yes. I nearly finished it, reached the final demonic world with lots of dragons in every battle, then put it on hold indefinitely.

A hint would be not to rely on cool demonic weapons and watch for the random generic enemies who sprout green blood rather than red. Also, always trigger fights in narrow corridors, and never abandon the shieldline. Spamming spells that create clouds and ice sheets in front of it is also helpful. Don't bother finishing unconscious enemies, they won't get back and they are useful as additional crowd control.

Also, write down the spells you find, and experiment with combinations. They are alphabet-based, so if rakh-ma-gokh is a stone bolt and rakh-drakh-fyr is a fire ray, rakh-ma-fyr and rakh-drakh-gokh will likely work too. And spellcasting consumes str, so you can't make it a dump stat.

Last edited:

Gozma

Arcane
I played one of these but I can't remember which one. The one I played was heavily based on GURPS combat, with DT and the swing/thrust and cut/bludgeon/impale thing, plus GURPS style critical hits and hit locations.

Your characters have base swing and (a lower) base thrust damage based on strength. A particular weapon will do something like thrust + 2 damage, meaning your base thrust plus 2 from the weapon.

After subtracting DT, cutting weapons do 1.5 damage and impaling weapons do 2x. There are some special cases, like an impaling attack to the vitals does like 3 or 5x (can't remember) damage after DT. Ceteris paribus impale > cut > bludgeon.

As a balance kludge to keep everyone from using a swing/impale warhammer at all times, GURPS makes swing/impale weapons have a special rule that they can get stuck in a target after a hit and you have to waste a turn to pull them out or something. I can't remember if that was in the Proudfoot game I played though.

Other than that, save a lot because a GURPS critical hit can kill you at any time no matter what basically.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity

My experience as well...

Nahlakh was free, but if you didn't know the correct narrow path to final castle or whatever in the demon continent, you'd be spammed with seemingly endless battles of numerous and tough enemies. And the path was shown in the hintbook Proudfoot sold. Or something like that, don't remember that well... I gave up on the demon continent, so maybe that's just some excuse I imagined up.

Wall of unconscious enemies is basic (and probably required) tactics like someone said. Three melee guys keep open and hold a one square wide chokepoint in the wall where the enemies run to be slaughtered one by one, while artillery (2 mages, 2 clerics, one bow guy) fires over the lines.

MisterStone

Arcane
Natuk I think is more polished and fun. But it is mostly just tactical combat with some map crawling... a Gold Box game but with better combat (ie not DnD 1st ed), plus random loot. I think it deserves more love, but if Proudfoot won't step up distro WTF can we do?

He also released an alpha of a game called Pirates of the Western Seas, which was pretty awesome, but obviously incomplete. It even had ship on ship combat! I wish he would dust it off, finish it and get it Steam greenlit. Maybe he lost faith in humanity during the Great Decline and decided that there is no demand for such games... but has not the success of other tactical RPGs made it clear that there's a market? He's got a 75% done game in the oven... just finish it, sell it, and... profit!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The manual for Nahlakh is very thin, so I consulted the Hint Book which has more details about the game mechanics.
Turns out four skills - Pickpocket, Alchemy, Searching, and Scribing - are not used at all. I don't miss Pickpocket and Alchemy, but was surprised that Search is not used, since there is a Search command.

Also found a walkthrough of the game.
The author says you need the Search skill, though...

BTW, Nahlakh = "no luck"?

mondblut

Arcane
Natuk I think is more polished and fun. But it is mostly just tactical combat with some map crawling... a Gold Box game but with better combat (ie not DnD 1st ed), plus random loot. I think it deserves more love, but if Proudfoot won't step up distro WTF can we do?

He also released an alpha of a game called Pirates of the Western Seas, which was pretty awesome, but obviously incomplete. It even had ship on ship combat! I wish he would dust it off, finish it and get it Steam greenlit.

POWS is pretty much complete, in fact. Playable to the end after a patch. Very enjoyable too.

Maybe he lost faith in humanity during the Great Decline and decided that there is no demand for such games...

I think he just got a job :lol: He worked on some tactics game for Matrix Games when he pulled the plug on his own games.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SkeleTony still roams the halls of Proudfoot's forums, his last post there was two weeks ago: http://www.proudft.com/smf_forum/index.php?action=profile;u=5

I bet he would be happy to come back here and preach about the game to someone else. I'm also curious about it, thought about including at least one game among Nahlakh, Natuk and Helherron, but can't decide which, or even find someone to write about them.
I played Natuk and HelHerron,
I think Helherron has the better system and encounter design, because more often than not, you end up lining up in a chokepoint in Natuk, facing hordes of similar opponents, while Helherron has mixed parties, that usually force you not to fight defensively in a 2 line formation.
That said, I had great fun with Natuk; and finished it, while I did not go back to Helherron after my HD died. I think there is less trekking than in Helherron or something, and Natuk reason for venturing (you trying to become orc king instead of the current orc king) is better (I don't remember what the party was supposed to do in Helherron).
Helherron is better played on Linux or on a virtual machine with linux, as the latest version is bugged under Windows.

mondblut

Arcane
Natuk reason for venturing (you trying to become orc king instead of the current orc king)

Natuk had the coolest ending ever unless I am imagining it.
When the old king lies dead and the party suddenly realizes there are 8 of them but only one crown :smug:

MisterStone

Arcane
Is there a way to legally obtain Natuk now? Will it run on current versions of Windoze?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Yes. But I think you are still supposed to send Mr Proudfoot 15$ if you play the game.
It runs fine through DOSBox.

Sorry MisterStone, thought you were asking about Nahlakh.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Natuk reason for venturing (you trying to become orc king instead of the current orc king)

Natuk had the coolest ending ever unless I am imagining it.
When the old king lies dead and the party suddenly realizes there are 8 of them but only one crown :smug:
Indeed, it is like what you remember. How could I forget this? :)
Is there a way to legally obtain Natuk now? Will it run on current versions of Windoze?
I bought the CD from Proudfoot 3 years ago, it ran fine on Windows 7 32. Not sure about 64 (I think it worked, but I don't remember, and I have lost the CD since then obviously).

SkeleTony

Augur
Mondblut would be the better person to talk about Nahlakh specifics as I have barely made it 2/3rds of the way through the game in all the years I have played it.

Having said that,

Nahlakh:
The game in which Helherron is rooted in as far as interface and such. Only advice I can really give is to download the hint book (linked to from Tom Proudfoot's forums) and also to tell you that this is one of those 'time limit' RPGs. The longer you take the more expensive everything becomes from merchants and I think the less money you get selling loot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natuk: Early Game mostly (beginning to end of demo or 1/3rddone)

Game is mostly pretty easy compared to Nahlakh but you can jack the difficulty up to %500 if you need. Creating your party of 8 PCs is a joy and not at all so laborious as some make it sound. Tom's RPG system for this game is fairly easy to create characters with and if you use the pre-gen party then you will also miss about half the fun of the game. I usually like to do the 'one of each type' party of:

ogre warrior
orc Warrior
orc assassin
Half-troll warrior
orc scout
orc witch doctor
orc shaman
ogre shaman.

Top four are the front line 'tanks' of course.

But but you can probably make any party work with enough effort. Some go with only one shaman and two of something else for example.

Experience and development is not like Nahlakh. It is a straight 'spend points to raise skills and attributes' affair. Primarily you will want to boost up your intelligence for any PC because that determines how much experience you get from combat and such.

Beyond that, you will want to pick one weapon skill for each of your 'tanks' to concentrate on boosting because this is far more advantageous than developing several weapon skills so you have a better chance of being able to use that great magic weapon you found/stole. For one thing you will be able to dual wield much sooner if you put all your points into, say 'sword' skill (one handed).

Attributes and Skills to boost early:

Intelligence - All characters need this as high as you can get it (but you probably don't want to spend ALL of your experience on this at once because you need other abilities to survive) because itdetermines how much experience you get from encounters.

Stealing - Scouts are best for this skill but this should be boosted early (get it to as close to 100 or so as you can then start swiping items from the shops in Klorga and the outpost. You will need it much higher to consistently get away with stealing high end items.).

Weapon skills - Choose a single primary weapon and boost this early and often for each of your tanks (and possibly the bow skill for your scouts).

Prayer and Magic skills - For your casters. The ability to cast spells without wasting strength is desired.

Chant - for one of your shamans (no point in giving this to two shamans) the chant skill allows them to boost ALL skill use in combat by up to 48% (nice early on until about late mid-game), depending on how high your chant skill is.

First aid - At least one of your back-row PCs (shamans are best for this) should be raising his first aid skill a bit whenever he can. This allows them to 'U'se bandages to heal party members in combat without draining strength (the way spells do). When high enough you will be able to almost fully heal a PC without using many bandages in a single usage! Using the skill takes one movement/action point for the turn (like scroll use).

Hide - While anyone can benefit from this assassins make the best use and easiest development of this skill.Allows you to 'H'ide in combat and then move around behind opponents and backstab them. You don't need to rush on this though. Just gradual boosting is fine through out the game (up until you get around 150 or so).

Pick locks and disarm traps - Scouts are usually best for lockpicking and assassins are best for traps for some reason. You can definitely get by without these skills by having your brutes force open chests but you risk smashing up items within the chest if you do so.

Repair - It is good to have one guy who can repair broken items because early on you will be rewarded with a very very nice set of plate armor for completing a quest but it is in disrepair/rusted or some such.

Of course all attributes have some value and Strength is pretty important all around and should be given secondary or tertiary consideration when spending XP IMO, but you will develop your own feelings about how much to do to which ability.

Some general **possibly SPOILER-ish** things to keep in mind :

Use silver weapons or holy weapons (if you have any)against undead.

Use silver weapons against lycanthropes (were-rats mostly in this game).

Use iron weapons against demons (x2 damage and you won't get shocked when you hit them IIRC) OR Holy weapons if you have any (x4 damage against demons ?). Other weapons can result in you taking some shock-y damage when you hit the demons, enough to sometimes knock down and out your tanks.

Hitting enemies with a "Fairy" weapon results in that enemy being teleported to a different location on the battlefield. Being hit when wearing "Fairy" armor results in your PC being teleported.

Wearing an magical armor piece of "Cloning" and getting hit by an enemy results in your PC being cloned. Health and I think Strength become split between the PC and all of his clones (after damage is dealt) every time cloning occurs. This can be very problematic for you if you have no means to quickly heal and replenish (at least the main PC if not the clones), but it can also be an easy win in battles if you use it right.

'Elvish' items are %50 lighter and 'Dwarven' items are like %200 of the normal weight. Both have bonuses to hit and damage and such.

(/ **SPOILERS**)

Late Early to late mid-game (like 1/3rd (the demo length) to 2/3rds through):

A Scout with decent Tracking skill is your friend. I start to increase this skill before I am done with the demo/starting underground area and try to get it to at least 75 before I leave the demo-region. When you get within some proximity (depending on how high your tracking is) you will get a pop-up message that "[charname] spots (some type of footprints or tracks) heading to the [direction]. Do you follow them?". Answering "Yes" will take your party to the cave entrance/dungeon entrance which will not appear on your automap.

NOTE: There is one special cave which you WILL want to clean out but tracking will not help you find it.You have to land right on the pixel to discover the entrance (I have a map y Tomitsu which shows all this stuff).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I will add to this later when I get back.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
In fact, I don't think anyone on the Codex completed this game.
I completed it more than 8 years ago.
I don't miss Pickpocket and Alchemy, but was surprised that Search is not used, since there is a Search command.
The author says you need the Search skill, though...
Search command, indeed is necessary to find some thingies. That dungeon with dark priests under second or third town, I think, and so on. One of my party members had a high starting search skill, though.

Pretty long, sometimes hard, repetitive (sa-ya-vel and similar spells quickens it, though), but extremely awesome.
Last area was a deathwish. Pretty much required finding a crude scan of manual's page with map to the demon's castle.

Full spell list:
http://www.proudft.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Spells (found by me):
Easy:
Spin - e i o
Light - w b l

Simple:
Spark - r i f
Shock - r i g
Freeze - r i i
Rock - r i x

Intermediate:
Fire Bolt - r m f
Shocking Bolt - r m g
Frost Bolt - r m i
Stone Bolt - r m x
Sleep - r m s
Web - w b k
Create Ice - w b i
Reveal - w m l
Air Jet - r d a
Haste - s m v
Strength - s m u

Advanced:
Blink - e o o
Flame Jet - r d f
Fire Weapon - c r f
Shock Weapon - c r g
Icy Weapon - c r i
Sleep Weapon - c r s
Confusion - i g e
Feeblemind - i n e
Fumble - i n v
Stinking Cloud - w b p
Flash - w y l

Difficult:
Gravel Ball - r l x
Lightning Bolt - r d g
Frost Jet - r d i
Create Fire - w b f
Antimagic - z n g
Dispel Magic - i n g

Very Difficult:
Mass Strength - y m u
Iceball - r l i

Extremely Difficult:
Great Fire - w y f
Prayers:
Easy:
Turn Undead - k s m
Awaken - n m s
Remove Fear - n y j
Wound - k i c

Simple:
Cure Bleeding - n v c
Heal - o i c

Intermediate:
Armor - t b q
Summon Animal - b b h
Faint - k e n
Frighten - k y j
Poison - k m p
Stun - k i n
Cure Disease - n g p
Cure Poison - n m p
Unstun - n i n
Create Stone - g b x
Create Tree - g b h

Advanced:
Paralysis - k o n
Restore Ability - n s t
Poison Weapon - v r p

Difficult:
Mass Turn - h n z
Mass Awaken - n h s
Mass Cure - n h p
Charm - d o e
Summon Spirit - b s z

Very Difficult:

Extremely Difficult:
Severe Wound - k y c

Weapons
Weapons (Weight in pounds - Damage Rating/Type - Number of Hands - Value):
Brawling:
Cestui - 8 - 3/bas - 2 - 2
Pata - 6 - 4/imp - 1 - 4

Knife:
Dagger - 1 - 0/imp - 1 - 1 - 14
Tanto - 1 - 0/imp - 1 - 1
Aikuchi - 1 - 0/imp - 1 - 1
Stiletto - 1 - 0/imp - 1 - 1 - 20
Shuriken - 1 - 1/imp - 1 - 1 - 15
Misericorde - 1 - 1/imp - 1 - 1 - 1
Kubikiri - 1 - 1/cut - 1 - 1 - 1
Chilanum - 1 - 1/imp - 1 - 1 - 1
Kozuka - 1 - 1/imp - 1 - 1 - 1
Cuchillo - 1 - 2/imp - 1 - 1
Large Knife - 1 - 2/imp - 1 - 1 - 8
Pincha - 1 - 2/imp - 1 - 1
Machete - 1 - 2/cut - 1 - 1 - 1
Klewang - 1 - 2/cut - 1 - 2 - 1
Dirk - 1 - 2/cut - 1 - 1 - 1
Barong - 2 - 3/cut - 1 - 2 - 1
Nahlakha - 2 - 6/imp - 1 - 2

Sword:
Moplan - 1 - 2/cut - 1 - 2
Shortsword - 2 - 3/cut - 1 - ?
Basilard - 2 - 3/cut - 1 - 3
Tampei - 2 - 3/cut - 1 - 3
Xiphos - 5 - 3/cut - 1 - 4
Alamani - 3 - 3/cut - 1 - 4
Gladius - 5 - 3/cut - 1 - 4
Dao - 4 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Rudis - 5 - 4/bas - 1 - 1
Flyssa - 4 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Tulwar - 4 - 4/cut - 1 - 3
Khrobi - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Ahir - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Opi - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Goddara - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Broadsword - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Campilan - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Dhoup - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Kantschar - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Kaskara - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Kastane - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Mentok - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Pira - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Sapara - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Scimitar - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Shashqa - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Shotel - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Surai - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Tachi - 5 - 4/cut - 1 - 4
Chikuto - 5 - 4/bas - 1 - 1
Tau-kien - 10 - 4/bas - 2 - 1

2h-Sword:
Espadon - 8 - 4/cut - 2 - 5
Claymore - 9 - 5/cut - 2 - 6
Greatsword - 9 - 6/cut - 2 - 7
Flamberge - 11 - 7/cut - 2 - 7
Jin-tachi - 12 - 7/cut - 2 - 7

Fencing:
Smallsword - 2 - 2/imp - 1 - 3
Main-gauche - 1 - 2/imp - 1 - 3
Rapier - 2 - 3/imp - 1 - 4
Sabre - 3 - 3/cut - 1 - 4
Verdun - 3 - 3/imp - 1 - 4
Hachiwara - 1 - 4/bas - 1 - 2

Axe:
Hatchet - 2 - 3/cut - 1 - 1 - 8
Biliong - 7 - 4/cut - 2 - 2
Tomahawk - 2 - 3/cut - 1 - 1 - 8
Axe - 6 - 5/cut - 1 - 2
Tabar - 6 - 5/cut - 1 - 2
Fuetsu - 6 - 5/cut - 1 - 2
Catri - 6 - 5/cut - 1 - 2
Masa-Kiri - 6 - 5/cut - 1 - 3

2h-Axe:
Cladibas - 9 - 6/cut - 2 - 6

Mace:
Club - 4 - 3/bas - 1 - 1 - 6
Ulas - 4 - 3/bas - 1 - 1 - 10
Boomerang - 6 - 3/bas - 1 - 1 - 10
Bone - 2 - 3/bas - 1 - 1
Furibo - 4 - 3/bas - 1 - 1
Mace - 6 - 5/bas - 1 - 2
Kanabo - 6 - 5/bas - 1 - 2 - 1
Gurz - 6 - 5/bas - 1 - 2
Quarterstaff - 9 - 5/bas - 2 - 2
Naboot - 8 - 5/bas - 2 - 1
Baston - 7 - 5/bas - 2 - 2
War Hammer - 7 - 5/bas - 2 - 2
Morning Star - 9 - 5/bas - 2 - 3
Plombee - 6 - 6/bas - 1 - 2
Shakujo - 9 - 7/bas - 2 - 2

Flail:
Flail - 6 - 4/bas - 2
Heavy Flail - 9 - 6/bas - 2 - 3

Spear:
Saunion - 3 - 3/imp - 1 - 1
Javelin - 4 - 3/imp - 1 - 1 - 18
Kikuki - 5 - 3/imp - 1 - 1 - 18
Bilari - 4 - 3/imp - 1 - 1 - 18
Mongile - 4 - 3/imp - 1 - 1 - 18
Bakin - 5 - 4/imp - 1 - 1 - 1
Tirok - 6 - 4/imp - 1 - 1
Spear - 5 - 4/imp - 1 - 1 - 8
Andarma - 5 - 4/imp - 1 - 1 - 1
Pheon - 4 - 4/imp - 1 - 1 - 18
Pitchfork - 4 - 4/imp - 1 - 1 - 1
Harpoon - 6 - 5/imp - 1 - 1
Boar spear - 8 - 5/imp - 2 - 3
Trident - 9 - 5/imp - 2 - 3

Polearm:
Naginata - 11 - 4/imp - 2 - 2
Sudis - 13 - 5/imp - 2 - 2
Voulge - 12 - 5/cut - 2 - 2
Guisarme - 13 - 5/cut - 2 - 3
Runka - 12 - 5/imp - 2 - 2 - 2
Halberd - 14 - 7/cut - 2 - 4 - 2
Berdiche - 13 - 7/cut - 2 - 5 - 2

Bow:
Pellet Bow - 8 - 3/bas - 2 - 2 - 20
Gulail - 8 - 3/bas - 2 - 2 - 20
Bow - 8 - 3/imp - 2 - 3 - 20
Long Bow - 9 - 5/imp - 2 - 5 - 40
Tomeang - 9 - 5/imp - 2 - 4
Gokyu - 9 - 5/imp - 2 - 5 - 45
Daikyu - 9 - 5/imp - 2 - 5 - 60

Crossbow:
Prodd - 9 - 5/bas - 2 - 2 - 30
Crossbow - 10 - 7/imp - 2 - 2 - 60
Arbalest - 12 - 8/imp - 2 - 4 - 75

Sling:
Sling - 2 - 4/bas - 1 - 1 - 12
Bandring - 2 - 4/bas - 1 - 1
Gudo - 2 - 4/bas - 1 - 1 - 12

Armor
Armor (Weight in pounds - Defense/Armor - Value):
Quilted armor - 25 - 0/1 - 1
Aketon - 20 - 0/1 - 1
Escaupilles - 30 - 0/1 - 1
Hara-ate - 13 - 1/1 - 3
Kawa Odoshi - 15 - 1/1 - 2
Leather Armor - 15 - 1/1 - 2
Heavy Leather - 25 - 1/2 - 3
Pourpoint - 18 - 1/2 - 2
Karoenkoeng - 30 - 1/2 - 2
Slat armor - 28 - 2/1 - 3
Ringed armor - 22 - 2/2 - 3
Horn armor - 35 - 2/2 - 3
Trellice armor - 25 - 2/3 - 4
Zira - 33 - 2/4 - 4
Bachteretz - 22 - 2/4 - 4
Hauberk - 45 - 2/5 - 5
Tatami yoroi - 23 - 3/3 - 4
Squamata - 25 - 3/3 - 4
Imbricate armor - 28 - 3/3 - 4
Brigandine - 30 - 3/4 - 5
Chujak - 34 - 3/4 - 5
Splinted Armor - 30 - 4/4 - 6
Anime - 40 - 4/4 - 6
Combined mail - 40 - 4/5 - 7
Light plate - 40 - 5/6 - 8
Tanko - 36 - 5/6 - 9
Field plate - 50 - 5/8 - 10
Full plate - 65 - 5/10 - 14

Shield:
Small shield - 5 - 1/0 - 1
Large shield - 9 - 3/1 - 4
Aspis - 10 - 3/1 - 4

Prefixes
Slick +3 defense
Obsidian +2 dam
Reinforced +3 arm
Crystalline - +2 dam

EDIT:
Damn, now there is a hintbook! Found it when already copypasted my old notes. :lol:

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Game is mostly pretty easy compared to Nahlakh but you can jack the difficulty up to %500 if you need.

Yes, and arbitrarily at any given time. And... it also jacks up experience to 500%. You now know what to do, no need to thank me for ruining your game :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom