Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nahlakh and Natuk

Deleted Member 16721

A brother can't get a single screenshot for any of these games?

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Nahlakh is pretty unique in having no random encounters at all (I can almost hear the CRPG Addict complaining "What?!? No chance of grinding?"). Natuk has a very high frequency of them on the overland map, and I suggest using the world map someone posted online to get your bearing, and develop the Tracking skill (IIRC) to find locations as quickly as possible.

Ladonna

Arcane
Very good games, but recently when I started Natuk again, the spell list wasn't scrolling once you filled the initial page up. I applied the last patch he had out too.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Is that v1.30? This fix was added to slow down the scrolling speed of the same window. Maybe you can try with the previous v1.27 patch (although I remember that was unplayable), or try running in a Win XP VM or something.

Ladonna

Arcane
Yeah, the scrolling speed was fixed, and when the patch first came out, it worked great on my XP machine. But now in Win10 it doesn't seem to scroll the spell list at all. I will keep mucking about with it and see if I can come up with something.

Ladonna

Arcane
I have also noticed that the two Natuk fan sites have died at some point over the last few years. No wonder nobody can find anything on the game anymore.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Nahlakh is pretty unique in having no random encounters at all (I can almost hear the CRPG Addict complaining "What?!? No chance of grinding?").
Demon World has more than enough monsters to kill. :troll:

Breshard

Novice
I have kept most of the Nalakh and Natuk spells/maps/patches I have found or created. If anyone needs them, let me know.
I'll probably start up Natuk in the next week or so after I finish up World of Xeen, need a little bit more challenging combat after that and hopefully this game has some. Is version 1.3 the last version? And is there a version that's better? The latest patch isn't always the best one i've notice. Also was there ever any sort of guide made like there was for Nahlakh?

Breshard

Novice
Proudfoot's website seems to have died. :negative:
Is there anywhere that still has the pirates game now that that website is down? I was going to check it out after I finished nahlakh and natuk but the website didn't last quite that long i guess.

Martyr

Arcane
Proudfoot's website seems to have died. :negative:
Is there anywhere that still has the pirates game now that that website is down? I was going to check it out after I finished nahlakh and natuk but the website didn't last quite that long i guess.

I wonder if Proudfoot has noticed that his website is down? maybe I'll write him an e-mail.

proudft

Novice
The answer is no, I did not realize it was down. The SQL server also ate the forum. So I just now replaced the site with a minimalist monochrome list of important information and/or useless trivia.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Downloaded both games for a rainy day :)

If you were still selling them proudft I'd send you some money

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom